• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that exact Jakiro Dual Breath pose

It looks so nice in game, especially when the game bugs out and gives the statues colour

Also

Centuar is his Win animation
ES is his Enchant Totem attack im sure

Almost all 3! Both Centaur and ES are correct (for the latter it's the start of his totem swing, for whoever's wondering), but that's Jakiro's ice path animation, not dual breath.

Kard8p3

I have that exact Jakiro Dual Breath pose

It looks so nice in game, especially when the game bugs out and gives the statues colour

Also

Centuar is his Win animation
ES is his Enchant Totem attack im sure

Man I wish the game always gave the statues color.

manfestival

Im from the future and i work in the US Embassy in Romania. In June a US Citizen named Jimmy Ho infiltrated our facility and burned the VISA request of Pittner "Bone7" Armand. Mr. Armand couldnt visit the United States and Jimmy Ho stood in for Cloud 9 at the International 4. Unfortunately he missed the Grand Finals cause he went to the Gym.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Valve really need to fix their server issues. This game is essentially unplayable for me a lot of the time at the moment. I get about 2 seconds of running in place lag spike for every 5 seconds of smooth gameplay.

G.ZZZ

Im from the future and i work in the US Embassy in Romania. In June a US Citizen named Jimmy Ho infiltrated our facility and burned the VISA request of Pittner "Bone7" Armand. Mr. Armand couldnt visit the United States and Jimmy Ho stood in for Cloud 9 at the International 4. Unfortunately he missed the Grand Finals cause he went to the Gym.

Plz no copy pasterino cappucino john travoltino al pacino

TheCrow

Dota is going to give me a heart attack. Just won a base race with less than 400hp left on our ancient. Fuck dota and dota is the best.
crazy.gif

Razzer

The answers given by Alex Garfield in his Reddit AMA plus Cyborgmatt's comments regarding a new kind of contract with Secret make me think a Dota 2 players union will be created in the west before TI5.

Big Dog

So I just played in one of those matches where the game randomly says it is 'Safe to leave'. We were 33 minutes in and from what I could tell everyone was fine. No one had disconnected the entire game and all of a sudden the Ranked All Pick match was unscored. What a waste of my time...

Edit: Just checked my games played list afterwards and my Dota Buff and the game doesn't even exist. I played my first game as Phoenix and the game went as far as 35 minutes before I even left. I don't understand why the game wouldn't be stored. Right before that match we had a dude abandon within the first 5 minutes and that game shows up on my matches played. Something must be very unique in the new results that follow after this incredibly lenient system that causes no MMR or a win/ loss to be scored.

Razzer

Also wtf at the concurrent today. 966,000 when last weekend only peaked at like 898,000. That's unusually large growth. Dreamleague might be partly responsible, but it ain't no TI, and you need a ticket for in game.

Also wtf at the concurrent today. 966,000 when last weekend only peaked at like 898,000. That's unusually large growth. Dreamleague might be partly responsible, but it ain't no TI, and you need a ticket for in game.
New hero + mini event that lets you potentially net items.

Anno

I get off my contract deny but we lose the match even after a d/c
facepalm.gif

Also, having the contract on your head heading to a 3v2 lane sucks. Glad I was Weaver or probably would've fed like 5 times.

Dreams, pls give your opinion on that gust.
I didn't see it. Thus,

function wasItAGoodGust (numHeroesGusted, killedErryBody)

var good_shit = 0
var fuckinawful = 0

if ( numHeroesGusted > 2 || killedErryBody == true ) {

echo('Dreams is proud of you.');
return();

} else {

echo('Retire that fuckin Drow, homie.');
return();
}

or something like that. lol

Razzer

Well atleast you were playing a high impact support. I've basically decided I can only play core or supports that can carry if i want mmr.

Trust me, you're better off just trying to get better than using one quick trick to raise your mmr: Copper Scum hates him edition. When you improve, you'll increase naturally and there won't be any risk of dropping again if you stop playing only certain heroes in an attempt to refind the fun in Dota.

Edit: Oh, and Garfield confirmed officially TT are 'owned' by GGA.

Big Dog

Alex Garfield's AMA over on reddit is pretty informative. I love to hear about these business kinds of deals. People have asked some very good questions and his answers are crazy long. He even confirmed what we knew about GG owning Team Tinker. At least that's official now. And seems to be a players union inbound. Now we're getting super official as a e-sport!

On my 4th cup of Johnny Walker black label at this club and I feel like I can barely see straight. Got the number of the finest girl at this club. I know that much. Salsa dancing game is tight. My vision is struggling atm. Dfuck. Thank god for autocorrect on this phone.

shira

On my 4th cup of Johnny Walker black label at this club and I feel like I can barely see straight. Got the number of the finest girl at this club. I know that much. Salsa dancing game is tight. My vision is struggling atm. Dfuck. Thank god for autocorrect on this phone.
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

GGWP

Aselith

Tell her she's stunning like Spiritbreaker

yarden24

Good for you!
If there's one thing I dont know how to do is hit on girls in a club, I can do fine at a bar, where the girl can actually hear what I'm saying, but at a club? No idea what to do

LOL. white dude just came up to me at my table asking me if we so drugs cuz he's looking for some. Do I look like the guy with the hookup? Lawd. I'm struggling to see straight and I have to deal with this.

These chicks are flawless tho. *sweats*

I'ma get back to them now. Someone drive me home pls

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Actually managed to pull out 3 victories after my first prediction was a lost game on my first Defender's Vision Charm, and got the Courier from my chest. Feels good. Got that hair style item by Yi as a prize from a contract too, which is nice I guess.

Aselith

How are people so bad at figuring out how the lanes work? We have a Brewmaster, Faceles, Weaver, Abba and Bane.

I take mid

Bane and Abba go bot together

Faceless and Weaver go to a lane together.

That's our fucking lanes.

Nymerio

That seems like the standard. We had Medusa, Void, PL, Enigma and another support. I even ask the medusa if she wants safe lane. Void immediately runs to safe lane and won't respond to any sort of communication. We win, but he ends the game 0-8-something.

Aselith

That seems like the standard. We had Medusa, Void, PL, Enigma and another support. I even ask the medusa if she wants safe lane. Void immediately runs to safe lane and won't respond to any sort of communication. We win, but he ends the game 0-8-something.

lol our void ended up 2-11 and he went 0-8 before he got any kills. Void confimed worst dota?

Indignate

Playing against PA's that stay in lane for 2 levels and then just go farm jungle cuz they didn't get first blood is great.

It's effectively 5v4 for the whole game and as it starts to tip towards us, they just quit playing and go hide.

It's fun because it becomes a hunt late game to try and find her before the creeps destroy the base.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
When do that PA contracts get over, I don't like playing in any game which has a PA.

If PA is in my team, everyone only supports PA.

If PA is in the opposite team, everyone in my TEAM literally stops playing the game after PA gets the contract kill.

Fuck this contracts..everyone in non-ranked PUB's (especially abusing LP games) only playing for items.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit that Medusa game on Bulldog strim just now.... Hour long comeback and DDOS at the end!

Fake edit: RECONNECTED TO WIN IT! No MMR but an hours worth of Rocky music and the most epic comeback ever. Best strim of all time.

SD7AnI6.png

Acinixys

Playing against PA's that stay in lane for 2 levels and then just go farm jungle cuz they didn't get first blood is great.

It's effectively 5v4 for the whole game and as it starts to tip towards us, they just quit playing and go hide.

It's fun because it becomes a hunt late game to try and find her before the creeps destroy the base.

IMO its way easier to play PAs nemisis and kill her than to play PA

I have the Arcana and have played 1 game as PA since it released. People are counterpicking so hard with shit like Timber/Bane etc

Ive been going mid with Storm/Legion and just destroying every PA picking scrub

OMFG this bulldog medusa game.
Top racks down and they didn't take a single tower The rocky music + rockys' grunting. The rapier with rp and the volvo server crash at the end only to be able to reconnect at the last second and claim victory.
Kreygasm

Holy shit that Medusa game on Bulldog strim just now.... Hour long comeback and DDOS at the end!

Fake edit: RECONNECTED TO WIN IT! No MMR but an hours worth of Rocky music and the most epic comeback ever. Best strim of all time.

SD7AnI6.png
Wad that a legit ddos or just valve server crash?

BHK3

Banned
When do that PA contracts get over, I don't like playing in any game which has a PA.

If PA is in my team, everyone only supports PA.

If PA is in the opposite team, everyone in my TEAM literally stops playing the game after PA gets the contract kill.

Fuck this contracts..everyone in non-ranked PUB's (especially abusing LP games) only playing for items.

play ranked? valve has stopped caring about unranked games since mmr came out, its been a lawless land for over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom