• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

lol our void ended up 2-11 and he went 0-8 before he got any kills. Void confimed worst dota?

Yeah, or at least the guys who pick void. I understand people try heroes they don't normally play and may not bring their A game, but you should at least show up to team fights and not hide in jungle or you'll never learn how to use a chronospere.

play ranked? valve has stopped caring about unranked games since mmr came out, its been a lawless land for over a year now.

What do you mean? How does it show that non-ranked is a lawless land? As someone who plays mostly AR/RD and the occasional ranked party game I honestly don't know what you mean. You can get the same kind of idiots in either ranked or unranked modes and you get low prio in either mode as well.

Wok

I have just had one of the worst game ever in unranked all-pick.

I pick PA and I manage to finish the contract which was on Necro's head.

We push to the throne and get stopped. Then people go 1 by 1 to the throne and feed.

Finally, DP and Ursa go afk in base while the ennemy team gets all our towers T2 top, T2 bottom, T3 mid, and then T3 tower mid, barracks top and mid, T4 towers and throne.

No kidding, we were all alive and with buybacks ready, except Bristleback who got ult'ed:
ThzavGS.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1044512972

No BKB or linken's was seen.

You can get the same kind of idiots in either ranked or unranked modes and you get low prio in either mode as well.

In unranked, people can throw and go afk in a 100 minute game, they do not care. I have never experienced this in ranked, maybe it happens.

contract denied.
entire team abandons.
no items.

quality event. people literally just farming sets.

edit. wow it just happened again. this event sucks. to be clear i'm more annoyed about quitters than items.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haven't you heard? DotaGAF thinks Sheever is plain looking.

Nymerio

In unranked, people can throw and go afk in a 100 minute game, they do not care. I have never experienced this in ranked, maybe it happens.

Maybe you got lucky, there are plenty of idiots in ranked. I've had people afk, straight up abandon, feed couriers, hide items, etc in both modes. I'm not sure what could be done to make unranked less of a 'lawless land', I don't even understand how one can infer that valve doesn't care about unranked anymore. I think it's supposed to be a less tryhard mode for people to play and that's exactly what it is. Maybe people think they don't care about unranked because of the PA event? You could argue that they do care because they made an event for that mode.

Demoli

Unranked is better, less Dooms/DPs/Razors to deal with.

There are idiots in every single game mode, but unranked tends to have more variety in heroes.

Wok

Oracle is so good against Void: Void casts chrono and Oracle disarms him with Fate's Edict. This is how you end up with scores like this:

Just too good of a counter.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This LAN set up doesn't seem ideal. The teams are sitting right next to each other. Doesn't that make it harder to strategize?

BHK3

Banned
What do you mean? How does it show that non-ranked is a lawless land? As someone who plays mostly AR/RD and the occasional ranked party game I honestly don't know what you mean. You can get the same kind of idiots in either ranked or unranked modes and you get low prio in either mode as well.

It's alright if it's less tryhard but for me whenever I unrank que people straight up don't care about anything, they'll feed and keep to themselves, build bad items, "haven't played in 6 months)))", afk, feed couriers. Now you have this event with people abandoning and throwing away reports left and right, they should've made it a separate que rather than just plaguing unranked with more problems than it already has. I have similar issues in ranked but only because it's mid 4k bracket which many agree is basically hell, people think they are already 6K and will whine and cry nonstop about everything, I never had issues when I was 3K or lower 4K.

ViviOggi

FUCKIN AEGIS EXPIRED 2 SECONDS INTO THE FIGHT AND CONTRACT NECRO SHITLORD JUST AFK ULTED MY ASS

At least we denied their drops u mad suckers

Anime 9 2-0'd EG?

How the hell?

I only saw game 1 with the Terror Blade cause i fell asleep

What happened in game 2?

Skywrath destroyed RTZ's shadow fiend mid.

Ember spirit was a bad pick up.

Cloud 9 won the laning phase, radiance naga around 17 minutes, no way they could come back from it.

G.ZZZ

Suddendly winning mid as Skywrath vs SF is something worth noting? Not like the hero is an autowin MU and he got a constant stream of smoke ganks on top of that too Kapperino cappuccino.

The game was lost at the draft with 2 fragile cores and 2 greedy supports vs a 4-man push strat. PPD too much NaCl is killing your neurons.

Sheever looks great naturally, dunno why she needs to be dolled up even more than TI4
I think during TI she said makeup and hair people get excited to do something other than powder guy's faces at these events so they go all out when working on her.

TheRed

Nobody likes playing Razor.

I'm consistently shaking my head at everything Lumi says. How do you cast for so long and still be clueless?

I wouldn't even have a problem if he just said dumb things, I hate how he struggles to even form words, seems like that would be a problem when becoming a caster. It sounds awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom