• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Yup :/

I bought dota pit cause I support them and they actually pay out winnings. But I usually only watch on twitch unless I'm trying to learn how to play better.

Unless they Integrate the twitch production value into DOTA2 TV it will only keep dwindling.
Source 2 #believe

Tieske

Neo Member
so many people just outpick/draft themselves its not even funny

last pick sniper into a bara, troll, ursa and zuus when your team already lacks sustained damage output

asdf

and yeah Valve really needs to give tournament organizers more options to provide quality
I know their approach was to keep hands-off as much as possible but I can't see this system being sustainable

manfestival

so many people just outpick/draft themselves its not even funny

last pick sniper into a bara, troll, ursa and zuus when your team already lacks sustained damage output

This has been a common issue that I have come across in my MMR. I can say hey, we could use a hero like A, B, or C because these guys line up preferably against X. Then they will pick something that is weak against what they picked

This has been a common issue that I have come across in my MMR. I can say hey, we could use a hero like A, B, or C because these guys line up preferably against X. Then they will pick something that is weak against what they picked
People will often fall back to the heroes they feel comfortable with. Sometimes they can't play any of the heroes suggested and results would have been more lopsided if they had gone with suggestions.

manfestival

People will often fall back to the heroes they feel comfortable with. Sometimes they can't play any of the heroes suggested and results would have been more lopsided if they had gone with suggestions.

Oh I know this but they never even have the decency to state that they are not capable of playing those heroes but usually those heroes I suggest are easy and popular ones because I know that people aren't going to be playing wisp and meepo because a person suggests it. Sniper, viper, and etc are suggested

Friend of mine only plays SB.

He doesn't play much and he's a good SB player.. but any other hero on him is a complete shit show.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I know this is kind of a crazy idea but sometimes I pick heroes I want to play even if they are garbage against the enemy lineup. Sometimes I have to remind the tryhard buttholes in my stack that this is more important to me than winning our dumb 2k MMR trench game.

Tieske

Neo Member
I know this is kind of a crazy idea but sometimes I pick heroes I want to play even if they are garbage against the enemy lineup. Sometimes I have to remind the tryhard buttholes in my stack that this is more important to me than winning our dumb 2k MMR trench game.

There's a truth to that too, but you're just making it an uphill battle for your own team

I mean ive also lost laning stages and games as a team with 3 ranged + techies + drow vs a full melee team

Big Dog

Nutted but she still suckin

arcana20684_i3b.png

I have always felt this icon was created for those exact words

Chris R

can anyone tell me why pudge is the most picked hero

Dendi? I love playing against Pudge but hate playing with one, and the proof is in the pudding. Dotabuff has me at a 56% win rate against and a 33% win rate with lol. If the game isn't over for his team by like 40 mins and he hasn't snowballed to 3k hp by then he just kinda falls off (in the trench at least)

Razzer

That hook is pretty iconic for being an insanely fun spell. I didn't play Dota 1, but he was very popular then as well I've heard. Is that right? Because you'd have to go back to that time to see what made him so popular in the first place.

Red UFO

That hook is pretty iconic for being an insanely fun spell. I didn't play Dota 1, but he was very popular then as well I've heard. Is that right? Because you'd have to go back to that time to see what made him so popular in the first place.
He was.

There are only 2 times Pudge hasn't been the most popular hero in Dota. When the PA arcana event was on, and when Mirana was first released.

i dont want to click that link. How bad is it

crystal maiden goes around warding gets harrassed by clinkz in normal animated paint by numbers dota sketch

pudge then hooks her and rips off her shirt and begins to forcefully suck on her nipples and continues to rip off all her clothes while licking her entire body

then he cuts her head off

its okay to skip it

FACE

Banned
crystal maiden goes around warding gets harrassed by clinkz in normal animated paint by numbers dota sketch

pudge then hooks her and rips off her shirt and begins to forcefully suck on her nipples and continues to rip off all her clothes while licking her entire body

its okay to skip it

Holy shit, what the fuck?!

Why would you post this?

its okay to skip it

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

Thanks for saving my eyes

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

its okay to skip it

ummmmmmm

well

that doesn't really answer my question...

ViviOggi

can anyone tell me why pudge is the most picked hero
Every 420 noscope hookshot is pure instant gratification, outweighing all of the hero's downsides for notorious Pudka pickers

Also helps that it's incredibly easy to land against low tier players with shit movement, map awareness and positioning which is where the majority of Dota matches is played

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn it what was in the link? Someone tell me. Nothing on the internet can phase me.

Wok

There's a truth to that too, but you're just making it an uphill battle for your own team

I mean ive also lost laning stages and games as a team with 3 ranged + techies + drow vs a full melee team

Well, a full melee team can be really scary, like let us say, Wraith King + Juggernaut + Dragon Knight, plus two other heroes of your choice. These are tanky melee with stuns, crits, resurrection, ranged during the ult, and omnislash.

Since you cannot contest their stacked ancients, and you cannot win fights after a certain time, the game is basically lost after the 25 min mark.

Tieske

Neo Member
Well, a full melee team can be really scary, like let us say, Wraith King + Juggernaut + Dragon Knight, plus two other heroes of your choice. These are tanky melee with stuns, crits, resurrection, ranged during the ult, and omnislash.

Since you cannot contest their stacked ancients, and you cannot win fights after a certain time, the game is basically lost after the 25 min mark.

The problem was more that we had a solo off wr go like 0 - 3 within the first 7 minutes to a slardar who was pretty much solo (they had a rotating jungle axe i guess)

that game shouldve been instawin

read what steve said

we live in an audiovisual world dude

our brains have been fed imagery methodically
words cannot satisfy us anymore

Manus

It's amazing how a lot of games I play in solo ranked is based off of momentum. It's so hard to get my team who is up by 15 kills to keep the pressure on the enemy team. They always want to go back to jungle and farm. Then we get picked off by solo mistakes and the other team all of a sudden has an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom