• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
165,000 EHP. One day, I will find a pub in which I can build this.

I remember watching a Bulldog stream and he had a bfly, halberd and a second talisman of evasion and the enemy team didn't have time to farm MKB's. It was a slaughter. At the end, he simply stood in the fountain and never took a hit from the fountain turret.

I don't think that thing is accurate when it comes to medusa, for one thing turning the shield on increases EHP by only x2 which isn't right in 6.82, but also it doesn't take into account whether you actually have the mana to cover your hp pool. (i.e. it says medusa with 2 hearts has more EHP than medusa with 2 skadis).

Actually, I believe it's accurate and remember, shield only gives 60% damage reduction. But I'm not sure. I'll check around.

edit: I just tried and 2 hearts shows as being slightly less EHP than 2 skadis.

edit 2: no, it's calculating correctly.

inkls

I don't think that thing is accurate when it comes to medusa, for one thing turning the shield on increases EHP by only x2 which isn't right in 6.82, but also it doesn't take into account whether you actually have the mana to cover your hp pool. (i.e. it says medusa with 2 hearts has more EHP than medusa with 2 skadis).

it blocks 60% now, not 50%

Satch

Banned
my team just won a match and the enemy venomancer started talking in all chat and i have a question

what does NICAGANDO PUROS MANCHOS mean

JC Sera

my team just won a match and the enemy venomancer started talking in all chat and i have a question

From my wrangling of google translate I got
Spanish
PUROS => pure
MANCHOS => Macho => male
Portugese
NICAGANDO => ni cagando => ni shit/shitting

edit: look at the shira's post they actually know what they are talking about

shira

ni cagando
Usually used by Chileans. Means someone wont do something requested for.
Also, ni = no for Chileans and cagando = taking a shit , but Ni cagando doesnt mean you "wont take a shit"
Filip: Can you bring me that item?
Kami: Ni cagando

puros
pure

manchos
foul
ensuciar, cometer una falta, manchar, atascar, obstruir, enredarse en

ViviOggi

Fucking came this close to an epic cumback then the two randoms started tilting lassoing creeps and throwing themselves into the enemy base for no reason

Wok

Speaking of effective HP, the best I could do was once 4 butterfly on Riki, so 39k EHP. I wanted 6, but the ennemy team could not defend against the creeps.

interesting. she's been in maybe all but one of my games since Friday.

Same but only because I pick her when nobody manages to do it before me.

Quesa

From my wrangling of google translate I got
Spanish
PUROS => pure
MANCHOS => Macho => male
Portugese
NICAGANDO => ni cagando => ni shit/shitting

edit: look at the shira's post they actually know what they are talking about

It's "Not even shitting you, they're a bunch of [bad players]"

Chris R

15 round robbin games and 5 Bo5s? Fuuuuuuuuuu I'm not ready for that level of insanity.

12/3 - 9 RR games
12/4 - 6 RR games
12/5 - Quarterfinal Bo5s (10 game potential)
12/6 - Semifinal Bo5s (10 game potential)
12/7 - Finals Bo5 (hopefully with the fun stuff AFTER so no pressure to just get it over with)

Madouu

Shouldn't it be 20 games potential for quarterfinals, how are they going to fit that into one single day. 2 quarterfinals played at the same time?

kvk1

It feels like The Summit is becoming a boot camp tournament of sorts for teams.

Somewhere "intimate" to get together over a LAN setting and Doto all day.

It feels like The Summit is becoming a boot camp tournament of sorts for teams.

Somewhere "intimate" to get together over a LAN setting and Doto all day.

Force EE to cast games, bask in his awkwardness.

JK EE has had in the past great insight to the meta game.

sixghost

Thank you to you three for explaining that. Even the things I think I understand in Dota end up being a million times more complicated thank I think they are.

bbd23

cant believe i stopped playing dragon age for this fucking awful game.

good lord give pit lord
sleeping.gif

Just had an absolutely disgustingly bad game as disrupter. Went like 5/20/20 or some shit. I ate 2 deaths in the trilane because our sven was 6 years old (he would stand around auto attacking, when the enemy was 1 stun from dead and killing me), and then gave up a kill in offlane because my centaur and I were not on the same page.

Then I proceeded to feed like 6 kills trying to get wards (at which point my time flamed me endlessly, disregarding the fact that the only reason we stayed in the game was those wards). Game goes to 60+ minutes where we lose it because the team doesn't know that rax are important.

Very disheartening. Regardless, can someone give me tips on solo queue 5/6 role supporting? Everytime I do this I seem to end up giving up kills for wards, and I would rather not.

bbd23

yall make me laugh.

who are these goomba guys thats in every starladder game? any good? Ive barely watched starladder

Wok

Very disheartening. Regardless, can someone give me tips on solo queue 5/6 role supporting? Everytime I do this I seem to end up giving up kills for wards, and I would rather not.

I would pick last and I would counter pick the ennemy draft as hard as I could. Typically, Disruptor or Ogre or Oracle just to mess up with a Faceless Void's Chrono, etc. You might not win in the end, but the game would become tons of fun.

Giving up kills for wards is never worth it.

I would pick last and I would counter pick the ennemy draft as hard as I could. Typically, Disruptor or Ogre or Oracle just to mess up with a Faceless Void's Chrono, etc. You might now win in the end, but the game becomes tons of fun.

I mostly play CM, so that isn't always an option. I have tons of success with Ogre though. Part of the issue with the Disruptor game was that they picked a naix last.

sixghost

You may want to edit out FD and put in Navi.EU - looking dire for meracle
cry.gif

Do you think teams should be punished for stuff like this? You shouldn't compete in a tournament that requires you to travel to another country if you can't actually make it. It's not fair to the teams FD beat in the qualifiers. The tournament scene really sucks right now with teams pulling out of tournaments or running into problems with visas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom