• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Man, that turned out awesome.

FYI: http://www.homerbackingintothings.com/

8W8vMh7.gif

G.ZZZ

Edit: This is also why that double ring of protection build got popular. At 500HP, 3 armor gives you an effective 90HP more. 2 Rings (6 armor) would give you 180HP. That costs less than a Belt of Strength (400g VS 450g), and the belt only gives you 114HP flat. The math gets even better in the ring's favor the more base HP you have.

Edit2: The only time this isn't a good idea is against magic damage, since your armor means nothing and you need all the flat HP you can get.

Thought this is true, the biggest draw to the double ring is the fact that your natural and bought regen is much more effective with rings compared to gauntlets. Since nukes are used only when you go for the kills, rings can provide you a substantial advantage when trading hit/harass in lane. But it's still extremely situational, even if the early basilus in lane build should be used more and it has faded out far too much from when basilus was nerfed.

G.ZZZ

Also damage block is more awesome the more armor u build, even if it apply before it. Crimson actually give you some sick EHP vs physical for that reason too. Too bad that calculator can't factor it in the EHP calculations because it depend from enemy damage, but trust me vanguard on high ass armor heroes and low hp (melee agi) is a shitton of effective HP. It's too bad so many heroes need damage first anyway, and movement speed bonus is broken in this game too so zzz.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
From my inside source: IHL2 to actually be held in WoW Arenas.

Chris R

Venge

New Meta

1 Wraith Band
2 Wraith Band
3 Wraith Band

MASK OF MADNESS

http://i.imgur.com/dPxxJmj.png

We lost, no surprise, fucking terrible players

Then I get the case of the Broodmother who CAN'T take down a lane of rax (or a T3 tower) by 40 minutes. Volvo plz

At least I didn't run into any dirty PA or Oracle pickers again tonight.

97 minute game. Friggin treant keeps ancient healed while fully built void keeps mega creeps at bay and farms 2 divine rapiers. Last ditch 3-way scythe hex combo on void fails cuz Naga misclicks and we get wiped. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

man I played one game tonight and it felt like shit. dunno why; I just don't think I was all that engaged. team did all the work and even with relative free farm, my items were far below my norm considering the space I had.

too much on my mind, I think.

Aselith

Doing pretty well on these prediction tokens so far. I've done two in a row after losing two in a row. I was prepared to pay the full 2.49 for these sets but if Gaben want's to give me them for half off I won't argue.

so if i buy dotabuff plus i can look at all the fun stuff for my old games too right?

or like relatively recent ones at least

the charts and graphs make me so jelly

Alch is just really lacking right now. He could do with a buff of some kind, though I'm honestly not sure what.

they need to give him his proper ult back.

Chemical Rage: No longer provides 250/500/750 bonus HP.

the ult changed is what fucked him. they don't need to revert it back to it's previous values, but give him a little HP boost of some kind with it. Maybe 150/300/500.

so if i buy dotabuff plus i can look at all the fun stuff for my old games too right?

or like relatively recent ones at least

the charts and graphs make me so jelly

yes, I believe so. Or you can be a cheap bastard like the rest of us and ask Plus subscribers to screenshot stats from your games for you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
they need to give him his proper ult back.

Chemical Rage: No longer provides 250/500/750 bonus HP.

the ult changed is what fucked him. they don't need to revert it back to it's previous values, but give him a little HP boost of some kind with it. Maybe 150/300/500.

yes, I believe so. Or you can be a cheap bastard like the rest of us and ask Plus subscribers to screenshot stats from your games for you.
No, the super HP Regen Ult was still good too. Its the next patch that killed him IMO:

Night vision reduced from 1400 to 800.
Unstable Concoction
Maximum shaking duration reduced from 7 to 5.5. Max power is still reached after 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom