• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Puppey has been under ppd shadow ever since the latter join EG.

This turn of events is going to be inline with ppd predictions after group stage where secret was undefeated. He had VG First, EG second and secret third.

aeolist

Banned
i think secret will be a lot better once they've been together longer and are more comfortable with a larger pool of heroes

but then eg had about the same amount of time and beat them trolololo

Satch

Banned
SECRET CLOCKED AGAIN
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif
zDJCnhP.gif

First of all: fuck yea, EG. Universe, Aui and PPD played out of their minds. Sumail did his job and Fear played Dusa into the problem dusa becomes when played right. Loved every damn second of this stomp.

As for Secret, I said it would be damn near impossible for them to do better than 3rd and that's right where they ended up. They'll be fine and will get better. Thing is...EG will only get better too. The future is bright as hell for both teams. But EG FTW.

Also, Universe is still the best off laner in the West. Fuck those casters trying to anoint Zai after 10 days of offline play. Universe has been that man for a long, long time. Zai is gonna have to come much harder to get that crown.

'Murcia. ;_;7

Well, this is the team that managed to get Mega Creeps and Tiny/Wisp and still lose.

And also only beat C9 because C9 mass-committed a 2K MMR mistake.

So yeah. Shitrekt.

Randdalf

I hope VG don't roll over EG in the final. I'm disappointed that Secret didn't make it to the final, but they've really underperformed at the main event.

I no American but I love it when ppd chase after arteezy sniper in the top lane.
It was beautiful zoning if nothing else. That chase kept sniper from contributing anything at all to that fight. When a lone support can put your most farmed hero to flight without his ult, you've won. Legit shook.
Secret need to get way better at drafting BO3's, I don't think I've seen even one convincing draft by them. Even when they won it was with a lot of trouble.
Idk. They drafted fairly well. They just got outplayed. Uni and PPD in particular made shit happen. It's very easy to envision Bristle and Axe seizing control of a game like that. An impervious line behind which MoM sniper murders everyone. EG simply didn't let that vision become reality.

M.D

Johan Sundstein ‏@BigDaddyN0tail

@Arteezy @zai_2002 @kky_KuroKy @CLEMENTINATOR @s4dota fuck 'em up

vs

Tal Aizik ‏@SimbaaaDota

The plays by Universefasa

Tal Aizik ‏@SimbaaaDota

GG @EvilGeniuses impressive plays

lol

Idk. They drafted fairly well. They just got outplayed. Uni and PPD in particular made shit happen. It's very easy to envision Bristle and Axe seizing control of a game like that. An impervious line behind which MoM sniper murders everyone. EG simply didn't let that vision become reality.
In that game yes, but I'm talking about the entire main event. I feel like they lost most of their drafts and the wins they got they got from good plays and their opponents forgetting to buy tp

Arol

Has any pro team ever revealed how contracts work?

It was brought up the sumail is making 6 figures but I'm wondering how's that distributed to him or the rest of the players.

Are players considered independent contractors? At least in the US?

Just curious how it's all paid out.

Quesa

How do you draft against EG they just seem like a pick your poison thing all their players are so versatile and other things I predict they will never ever be defeated by anyone

I literally changed one letter

This is the Ti4 final that should have been.

Gonna be some great games.

If EG can take game 1 and get back on the horse it should be good..gonna be tough going against VG in the finals after they just got beat by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom