• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

I think visage is very underrated in pub games, very rarely played, So I'll try to do some marketing for the hero. Here is what you can do with the hero even if you are awful at it like me (with guest appearance from Quesa):

http://a.pomf.se/igntgl.webm

Aura was only used for like the last two hits.

visage is actually ridiculous, everyone underestimates soul assumption damage

now watch as he gets some random minor buff and suddenly appears in every pro game à la Lion

Acinixys

Well they were still third best in the West and are still top 8 worldwide, so I guess that means we have like 4 good teams in Dota?

Man if C9, the team that threw two of the hardest to throw games ive ever seen, are considered as #3 in the West, i worry about the future of Dota

Deadly

Well they were still third best in the West and are still top 8 worldwide, so I guess that means we have like 4 good teams in Dota?
They're somewhere up there but you also gotta remember they qualified easily because they were in the NA qualifier instead where there's basically no other competition. I don't think their road to China would have been as easy were they in the European qualifiers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man if C9, the team that threw two of the hardest to throw games ive ever seen, are considered as #3 in the West, i worry about the future of Dota
You have to be good at the game to be able to throw, if you aren't good you just lose instead.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think visage is very underrated in pub games, very rarely played, So I'll try to do some marketing for the hero. Here is what you can do with the hero even if you are awful at it like me (with guest appearance from Quesa):

http://a.pomf.se/igntgl.webm[URL]

Aura was only used for like the last two hits.

Visage is one of my best and favorite heroes. I never see him at my MMR and when I play him people rarely know how to deal with him.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/1637848/matches?hero=visage

Jezbollah

I'm kidding, but Secret looked very shaky in bo3s and should have lost to C9 last round

Pretty much - but considering that the five of them have been together for a matter of weeks, and Puppey said in an interview that they had "around 5 strats", I can see them improving a lot over time.

TS vs VG vs EG is going to be great to watch this year.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i can't think of a compelling reason not to just pick 5 carries in pub games, seems like i get beasted in every single game i play against an all-carry lineup

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
3rd place isn't so bad.

SECRET ;~~~~~~~~~~~;

i can't think of a compelling reason not to just pick 5 carries in pub games, seems like i get beasted in every single game i play against an all-carry lineup
Carries are usually weak early on, so if you're up against such a lineup try to punish it or at the very least dominate the early game. You let such a game go late and yeah suddenly you're up against 3/4 carries with decent farm and it's a lot harder to do shit.
He should feel pressure joining a team that will kick someone if they believe they can get an upgrade.
You mean like every other team that has any ambition to win?
Read:not Na'Vi

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Carries are usually weak early on, so if you're up against such a lineup try to punish it or at the very least dominate the early game. You let such a game go late and yeah suddenly you're up against 3/4 carries with decent farm and it's a lot harder to do shit.

In trench doto it seems much, much easier to hold on as an all-carry team than it is to stay relevant as support past the 25 minute mark

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I thought it was a done deal, even if they win/

Na, in the iceiceice interview he said it wasn't a done deal, but that it was likely, paraphrasing here, but he did say something like "It hinges on his performance in this tournament. So far he's done ok, he's done well."

But I bet fy's thought is just that the other 4 are so good and thus, the carry position is easily replaceable. I'm sure they feel that a few of their games have been lost due to communication since Chinese isn't black's first language and iceiceice confirmed that black's chinese still isn't that great.

No, EG will kick Sumail and pickup Black while VG gets Burning.
Nah, Black seems to like China. There have been multiple carry slots in the West that would have welcomed him. I think he wants to stay in China.

That said, Black mid on EG or as the new NaVi carry would be hella entertaining. Then again, I'd really like to see how Sumail grows (and how teams adjust to him). He's already styled on some of the best mid players in the world. Imagine him 5 years from now if he still has the passion.

IceIceIce mentioned that while it's getting better, the language barrier is still having an impact on their play.
I figured as much.

Madouu

I think most of the issues with Black come from the matches they played versus Chinese teams in local tournaments and scrims recently and where VG didn't perform very well.

In major tournaments, they've been doing great on the other hand and if your aim is TI5, I'd put more weight into that than small scrims and tourneys. They've shown that they are the best Chinese team right now, I think kicking him would be silly unless they grab a very motivated xiao8 or something.

The only two carries that I think can fill Black^'s shoes would be Burning or Hao.

Yeah everyone is saying Burning.

Hylian7

The other team didn't seem to have that mentality.

35 minutes is barely lategame. They basically had this won by 25 because my team basically gave up. Viper decided that I needed to help him pursue kills instead of splitpush, some of them decided it was over in 15 minutes because bot lane was getting fucked, while I was absolutely freefarming top. I mean look at this.

oKoLUwv.png

Randdalf

I'm not sure I rate Black as much as some of you guys do, he didn't particularly stand out the last time he played in the West. If anything, he was a weak link in a lot of teams he played in.

Razzer

I'm not sure I rate Black as much as some of you guys do, he didn't particularly stand out the last time he played in the West. If anything, he was a weak link in a lot of teams he played in.
Well he's been in China a long time and improved a lot. Wasn't his western experience being on that clowny Mouz team followed by LGD.int? Not exactly stellar teams. Since then he had some time to play Chinese pubs, then played on that team of new guys. I think that was probably good for him as a player. He was forced to be a leader and be active in games rather than get amazing farm then do nothing with it, which he was notorious for. By the time VG picked him up he'd matured a lot as a player.

TUSR

Banned
35 minutes is barely lategame. They basically had this won by 25 because my team basically gave up. Viper decided that I needed to help him pursue kills instead of splitpush, some of them decided it was over in 15 minutes because bot lane was getting fucked, while I was absolutely freefarming top. I mean look at this.

oKoLUwv.png

okay you had a bad team, what else do you want us to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom