• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

c6aC5jn.png

Pay 2 Play ?

Probably going to be something like the CS:GO operation maps perhaps? I think that's a good idea for custom map makers.

Acinixys

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Every single patch has a bunch of little hints to future stuff and it's never a surprise further content for this patch. It's always next time or later.

Just think about the wyvern hints, void remake speculation, and the weird Zeus thing with the PA event.

Look at this from the PA event

Left is Wyvern

Right is CM arcana

Gav47

i don't mind the custom games thing but...

when the hell are custom games coming

Probably after TI at this stage, custom games will probably come along side Dota 2 getting ported to Source 2 and if I were Valve I wouldn't want my biggest marketing event of the year to be played on a new, potentially bug filled engine.

Hylian7

So Winter Wyvern question, those that are in test client:

With his ult, can the allies attacking the ally in the middle proc Axe's Counter Helix? I'm assuming if yes, it doesn't damage them, but would damage enemies. I await hilarious fails with this if you can actually do it.

Quesa

With his ult, can the allies attacking the ally in the middle proc Axe's Counter Helix? I'm assuming if yes, it doesn't damage them, but would damage enemies. I await hilarious fails with this if you can actually do it.

Also wondering what the ult/duel/call priority. Duel is probably first, but does it beat call?

Skab

They cannot proc Counter Helix.

Smithy C

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Every single patch has a bunch of little hints to future stuff and it's never a surprise further content for this patch. It's always next time or later.

Just think about the wyvern hints, void remake speculation, and the weird Zeus thing with the PA event.

???

Does Valve just hate Pit Lord or something? lol

He's had his skills in the files, practically done, for years. We've seen concept art of him, back before TI3!

I wonder if he's going to be a Wraith King/Elder Titan-esque update and they're still figuring out what to do.

Also, the last hero added to Dota 2 from Dota will be an interesting, if not slightly bittersweet update. I imagine going forward after that, it'll be a LOT slower that we get heroes, since it won't be porting already conceptualized heroes, but inventing entirely new ones.

Aselith

I'm ok with paying for the best custom game modes. The creators deserve some compensation for the time and work they put in.

A paygate will also limit their community though which means they will be ghost towns and you wasted your money on it. Operation Payback type shit would make a lot more sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A paygate will also limit their community though which means they will be ghost towns and you wasted your money on it. Operation Payback type shit would make a lot more sense.
I think it will be similar to the operations, but with out then ever going into match making for free.

/conspiracy
Custom games will be behind a paywall to limit the potential growth of a mod that might overtake the main game

...I wonder if anyone seriously would believe that. I imagine some crazies on the dev forums might. I wouldn't like paywalls for custom games though.

RS4-

I sort of don't mind the prediction items not being tradeable/marketable; it's still cheaper than actually buying the chest. Provided that I do get the 3 wins.

I don't mind the risk. Now, if the items are godawful ugly on the other hand...well :|

I sort of don't mind the prediction items not being tradeable/marketable; it's still cheaper than actually buying the chest. Provided that I do get the 3 wins.

I don't mind the risk. Now, if the items are godawful ugly on the other hand...well :|

Yea, that works for me. I don't intend to sell my stuff anyway.

RS4-

Yea, that works for me. I don't intend to sell my stuff anyway.

Now all we need is RMAH for D3 right?!

But yeah, 30c for 10 items is pretty damn good value if it means a chance at getting a chest. I picked up 100 trash for the hell of it, getting 1 chest is pretty much breaking even for me since they're 2.79 CAD each.

Hylian7

They also told some publication that viper remodel and legion commander would be out before TI3

******** is more reliable that Valve's word at this point.

When has this ever not been the case? Remember "Episode 3 should be out 6 months after Episode 2"?

Viper remodel is needed so badly though, I think now that SF is knocked out for remodel, it should be in this order:

Void (I guess because he won, but that's the only reason, as his model is fine)
Viper
Zeus
Slardar

When has this ever not been the case? Remember "Episode 3 should be out 6 months after Episode 2"?

Viper remodel is needed so badly though, I think now that SF is knocked out for remodel, it should be in this order:

Void (I guess because he won, but that's the only reason, as his model is fine)
Viper
Slardar
I think you guys leave Zeus off of lists like this just to piss me off.

:axe

Tieske

Neo Member
Zuus > Jakiro > Slardar > Viper

Jak might not need a remodel, he's got good animations. It's mostly his textures that are completely whack
also his spells are ugly (macropyre looks like boiling vomit. which it is I guess)

Big Dog

I'm not sure many people noticed, but the Part 3 page mentions that there will be DOZENS of sets within the chest that they are releasing along with this event. Surely there are lots of sets in it because many community members made great sets, but this could also be a new attempt at retaining the value of each set involved. It makes sense from an economic point that it will take people a lot more money to drop each set from the chest, therefore purchasers will value their sets much more.... hopefully.

tS3GG6D.png

Edit: Nevermind.

me0wish

c6aC5jn.png

Pay 2 Play ?

There goes my hype for custom maps, I hope its really limited and thought out well, or it will probably backfire and no one would touch custom maps. The reason I didn't buy SC2 was because they said there will be purchasable custom maps.

My friends will probably avoid it so who would I play these maps with?

Randdalf

There goes my hype for custom maps, I hope its really limited and thought out well, or it will probably backfire and no one would touch custom maps. The reason I didn't buy SC2 was because they said there will be purchasable custom maps.

My friends will probably avoid it so who would I play these maps with?

That tweet implies it will be like CS:GO - Valve will host the best game modes on their servers, but you are free to play any you want on your own. Also means custom game mode creators will get paid for their work.

me0wish

That tweet implies it will be like CS:GO - Valve will host the best game modes on their servers, but you are free to play any you want on your own. Also means custom game mode creators will get paid for their work.

If its similar to CS:GO, that means other custom games won't be hosted on Valve servers? That's a shame.

Edit: How much does the CS go stuff cost? Don't they give you valuable item drops or something that you can make more than you paid for back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom