• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

I'm not sure many people noticed, but the Part 3 page mentions that there will be DOZENS of sets within the chest that they are releasing along with this event. Surely there are lots of sets in it because many community members made great sets, but this could also be a new attempt at retaining the value of each set involved. It makes sense from an economic point that it will take people a lot more money to drop each set from the chest, therefore purchasers will value their sets much more.... hopefully.

that'd be awesome, though the reddit post about the update kind of implied that they were older sets kind of like the nestled cache one currently for sale.

I wish valve would just tell us which got in already, the wait is killing me :(

RS4-

If its similar to CS:GO, that means other custom games won't be hosted on Valve servers? That's a shame.

Edit: How much does the CS go stuff cost? Don't they give you valuable item drops or something that you can make more than you paid for back?

If you get in early, you can make money back and more from the chests alone. I think the CSGO passes were 5-7 dollars, and maybe the first 2-3 days, the chest drops would be a few bucks.

But the latest operation pretty much changed all that, depending on the mission, the reward was either skins or a chest, the latter which prices dropped hard and fast within hours because everyone with the pass had it guaranteed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
that'd be awesome, though the reddit post about the update kind of implied that they were older sets kind of like the nestled cache one currently for sale.

They aren't telling us till next week :/

Tieske

Neo Member

You made that Pudge set with the big iron jaw, right? The background was in the files when Matt was streaming so maybe that's in?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At this rate, the Baphomet doom set will come out with Half Life 3.

bounchfx

You made that Pudge set with the big iron jaw, right? The background was in the files when Matt was streaming so maybe that's in?

yeah that should be in.. but then again, that was supposed to go in last june.. then october.. then november.. then december.. so uh, I'll wait until I actually see it in XD. I'm more excited about the new bloom stuff though. Anticipation ++!

Big Dog

Yeah I was wrong and never noticed or felt like they meant older sets. It's a MASSIVE chest full of old and untradeable sets. Here is the link which isn't even reachable by searching on the Dota 2 Wiki site. Some guy on reddit linked me to it. There are 74 available sets within this upcoming chest.

At this rate, the Baphomet doom set will come out with Half Life 3.

HL3 preorder reward

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Yeah I was wrong and never noticed or felt like they meant older sets. It's a MASSIVE chest full of old and untradeable sets. Here is the link which isn't even reachable by searching on the Dota 2 Wiki site. Some guy on reddit linked me to it. There are 74 available sets within this upcoming chest.

I wish that this chest would be able to look at our inventories and see that we already have x sets so that we don't get an untradeable unmarketable set that we already may have.

Big Dog

I wish that this chest would be able to look at our inventories and see that we already have x sets so that we don't get an untradeable unmarketable set that we already may have.

Seems pretty reasonable since none of the sets you get from it are tradeable anyway. Doubt they are feeling generous but it shouldn't really cause a problem.

JambiBum

Alright Wyvern's ult is pretty ridiculous with any sort of team synergy. Have a sand king on your team? Cast ult on a group when he's about to finish channeling epi. Watch enemy team stand around killing own teammate while getting destroyed by SK. Then cast your E on SK while Epi is going off so that he can heal.

It will be interesting to see where black ends up.
tough question.

Not many teams are in the market for a sit-back-and-farm-for-30-minutes type of carry player. VG wants a more aggressive carry and I'm sure everyone else wants that type of carry too.

So carry is probably out unless he does something like CiS again. Mid Black^ could be pretty good, though. Alliance could use his services mid.

shira

Daryl: Black is leaving for real, i'm not in a position to say whose replacing him but it's gonna be someone aggressive in terms of playing.
uTnmr4h.jpg

manfestival

one thing that is incredibly stupid about this event is that its essentially a winter event in place of a spring event almost. This is basically frostivus and new bloom packed into one. Shame on you volvo

bounchfx

I just made the mistake of clicking a kotaku link. I read the article, which was horrible, then realized it was written by Patricia Hernandez. She's pretty much the main reason I stopped visiting the website. What a shame that the website turned into what it is now :\.

Wait, Sunder pierces magic immunity? This Juggernaut tried to finish me off with blade fury and since I already took down his rax I didn't give a shit so I just R-ed him, and he died in one shot from my demonform.

I just made the mistake of clicking a kotaku link. I read the article, which was horrible, then realized it was written by Patricia Hernandez. She's pretty much the main reason I stopped visiting the website. What a shame that the website turned into what it is now :\.

What's offensive about it? It's just a copypasta of the official release with fluff to pad out the paragraphs. If anything, Kotaku's probably improved over the last 2 years

Falk

that puzzling face
one thing that is incredibly stupid about this event is that its essentially a winter event in place of a spring event almost. This is basically frostivus and new bloom packed into one. Shame on you volvo

Somehow related to the 8ft of snow we have over here :(

Razzer

I'm loving a lot of the stuff in this update, but god damn the music pack is amazing.

Edit: Yo Falk if they start letting people do more custom music packs you should get on that.

bounchfx

What's offensive about it? It's just a copypasta of the official release with fluff to pad out the paragraphs. If anything, Kotaku's probably improved over the last 2 years

nothing was offensive. for me it's mainly the tone of the article and how she completely neglects to even mention that it's an arcana, which isn't anything new to Dota 2, let alone the fact that while the puppy might be popular, people bought plenty of arcanas in the past even without puppys. Then there's stuff like this: "Frankly, adding a dragon to Dota 2 feels kind of boring, especially when compared to a cute wolf puppy. Sorry, Winter Wyvern". I suppose I just don't like the article interjecting with opinion that can create a bias instead of sticking to info. I can understand how some people would like that though. I just see more opinion than actual information.

plus of course my bias against her for her myriad of shit articles in the past. most are clickbait/deceiving/dumb but hey, that's just like, my opinion man. :D

Hylian7

nothing was offensive. for me it's mainly the tone of the article and how she completely neglects to even mention that it's an arcana, which isn't anything new to Dota 2, let alone the fact that while the puppy might be popular, people bought plenty of arcanas in the past even without puppys. Then there's stuff like this: "Frankly, adding a dragon to Dota 2 feels kind of boring, especially when compared to a cute wolf puppy. Sorry, Winter Wyvern". I suppose I just don't like the article interjecting with opinion that can create a bias instead of sticking to info. I can understand how some people would like that though. I just see more opinion than actual information.

plus of course my bias against her for her myriad of shit articles in the past. most are clickbait/deceiving/dumb but hey, that's just like, my opinion man. :D

"Dota 2's New Puppy Sidekick Is Cute, But Expensive As Hell"

Jesus, come on with these stupid fucking headlines.

"Dota 2's New Puppy Sidekick Is Cute, But Expensive As Hell"

Jesus, come on with these stupid fucking headlines.

It is a $28 piece of electronic doll clothing.

I know why everyone wants it or is going to buy it.. but compare that to other things like.. say entire games that you can get for the same price or less.

Volodja

Mmmh, sometimes the WW ultimate gives me a deny for the enemy and not a kill for the Wyvern.
I thought that it was in case the killing projectile was from one of the attacking ulted enemies and hit the target of the ultimate after it expired but from my attempts to recreeate it, it wasn't the case.

shira

It is a $28 piece of electronic doll clothing.

I know why everyone wants it or is going to buy it.. but compare that to other things like.. say entire games that you can get for the same price or less.

Compared to Evolve, which was basically yearbeast minigame last year

$100 worth of DLC
$60 game

W1SSY

Hey man Evolve is charging 100 dollars for their DLC and it doesn't even have puppies

Wait didn't the tracker have a pet? Maybe it does include a puppy in one of the cosmetics. I am sure Kotaku will make a post comparing the dlc puppy from Evolve and Dota if it does.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think i've finally hit on what i hate about illusion heroes. it's that if you want a halfway competitive game you have to go out of your way to pick a hero that counters them, and hence hand over some of your autonomy to the other player, while they just get to pick their fave, cancer lancer.

i just kind of resent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom