• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

you don't have to buy their cosmetics you know

smile.gif

I actually do buy stuff, I've spent a decent amount on Dota in the last few years and done so happily. Lately Valve has seemed very greedy with the items though. It seems like their new mantra is "nothing is free." No item drops after games, only a few low quality drops during holiday events, and so on.

I actually do buy stuff, I've spent a decent amount on Dota in the last few years and done so happily. Lately Valve has seemed very greedy with the items though. It seems like their new mantra is "nothing is free." No item drops after games, only a few low quality drops during holiday events, and so on.

the game is free

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've said it before, but they were in a transition period where they wanted to replace the old drop system with something new. What we're seeing in New Bloom is the result of all their hat soul searching: A drop system that rewards players without saturating the trade market and is less vulnerable to scammers

Likely, they were getting swamped with market related shit and wanted to put an end to it.

Otherwise, they're no more greedy than they were at this game's genesis. Less so, even, since the removal of the keys, which was being used as an awkward pseudo-currency, and reduced RNG on chests.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You got enough fireworks there, champ?

No, I have another buy order for 30 more for $.03 each. I have to make up for my missing charges. They are the best item in the game and I will likely buy half of all of them on the market by October when they expire.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Fuck it. Playing Necro every game until he gets the nerf bat.

BearPawB

Banned
I am loving WW in bot matches.

The Q makes you an initiation machine.

The W is great if you use it right. Expect to see a lot of misplays with this early.

The E seems hard to use in a fight, but is a great way to quickly heal someone up

And that ULT! So good. They are in rosh? Well you just made their entire team able to do nothing

She is gonna be a blast

Aikidoka

Dota 2 has the most exceptional and fair pricing scheme out of every F2P game. Hell, it's not even just fair by comparison but straight up the best (I imagine) you can have while still being able to make money. I really don't see how you can complain about it.

Aikidoka

I had a match yesterday where I first pick CM in ranked All Pick, and one of my teammates just starts flaming me and yelling at me to buy wards and courier (again 2 minutes before the game starts). He's going ember spirit, so I put my icon on mid and call it. He flips out even more, of course. Anyways, he feeds his lane and then just keeps flaming for rest of the game.

All in all, it was pretty funny.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Do you guys still do in house games? I'm only 2800ish MMR but need a break from Spectre's that can't last hit and mid Lion's who won't get blink before getting level 5 dagon. Just trying to find some people who are around/above my level and can teach me some outside of the basics.

shira

Do you guys still do in house games? I'm only 2800ish MMR but need a break from Spectre's that can't last hit and mid Lion's who won't get blink before getting level 5 dagon. Just trying to find some people who are around/above my level and can teach me some outside of the basics.

Once in a while Demoli hosts one.

There is the GAF guild which may or may not have people in-game. Or you can try /r/compdota2, /r/redditdota2league, or giantbomb

cry.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reminder that means if skill builds are stupid he's better than you in all other aspects of the game.

I would like to chime in this applies to item builds too. If there is a really obvious short coming in a person skillset, they likely are better then you in other skills if they are being matched with you after 2k games played.

xanavi

I would like to chime in this applies to item builds too. If there is a really obvious short coming in a person skillset, they likely are better then you in other skills if they are being matched with you after 2k games played.

Maybe I'm still just bitter about having to play against mumble stacks but I feel like sometimes matchmaking just gets it completely wrong.

TUSR

Banned
There's a few of us that play together, add me on steam.

Aselith

Holy shit I really like Winter Wyvern. Freaking great hero!

Can she carry? She seems to have the potential with scaling health burn ability and high primary damage attribute gain.

bounchfx

same, I'm excited to actually try her in a real match. I'm glad all her abilities are fairly unique so it should be neat to see how she gets used. I'm foreseeing big plays and a lot of 'oh shit moments' with her skillset.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Can she carry? She seems to have the potential with scaling health burn ability and high primary damage attribute gain.

Position 3 at best IMO, she can do a lot of damage to a team but the low duration of her Q makes her ill suited to carry. With mobility items and mana regen she could wreck fights, and I think something like Blink -> Euls -> Refresher could be a really potent combo. Blink in, Ult a dude by his team, fire W, pop Q and put the dot on people, Refresh, Ult again, fire W, pop Q, put dot on people, and maybe even blink out if you are baller enough.

Hell no. If her Q lasted longer, yea. But 6 seconds is just short enough for you to be not quite good enough. Also her waveclear is much too expensive, so she can't farm quickly. She is a support through and through. Get a blink and pray the bunch up for your ult.

Position 3 at best IMO
you're talking crazy as hell. No escape mechanism and Crystal Maiden-like slow move speed means she feeds solo offlane. She is position 5 all day. Maaaaaaaaybe position 4. But there are supports with more reliable ults I'd rather have at the 4.

No way in hell you want her in the 3 slot over void/tide/clock/timbersaw/Phoenix/Axe/etc. No way.

Madouu

stevewinwood is the nicest person on the forum, he helps people for free!

add stevewinwood

Aselith

you're talking crazy as hell. No escape mechanism and Crystal Maiden-like slow move speed means she feeds solo offlane. She is position 5 all day. Maaaaaaaaybe position 4. But there are supports with more reliable ults I'd rather have at the 4.

No way in hell you want her in the 3 slot over void/tide/clock/timbersaw/Phoenix/Axe/etc. No way.

Well I mean she can fly and shit so...

Well I mean she can fly and shit so...
Not sure if you're being serious or not. With her move speed and a 50 second CD, that's not the kind of escape that will make anyone feel comfortable in a solo offlane scenario. Not at all. Even flying, you'll be lucky to make it to the trees to fly over them...and chances are a competent player across from you will scare you into pressing Q and you're suddenly forced to hug your tower for the next minute. Again, Crystal Maiden-like movespeed. If there's a disabler across from you, it's not going to be pleasant. Duo offlane is a different matter, of course. Either way, you're going to want to give someone else farm priority over her because she doesn't take advantage of it nearly as well as other heroes. All WW really wants is levels, just like most supports.

But you go ahead and try out solo offlane WW and let us know how it goes.

Wait, Sunder pierces magic immunity? This Juggernaut tried to finish me off with blade fury and since I already took down his rax I didn't give a shit so I just R-ed him, and he died in one shot from my demonform.

Virtually all Ults do with a few exceptions (Ravage, Finger, Laguna etc.)

Satch

Banned
WW would be perfect in 3 position if she were faster and had longer range

4 position is imo her best spot with her stats right now. i loved the hell out of atos on her when i gave her a try, and 5pos WW isnt going to snatch an atos in a good time

every time new heroes come out sans techies, people are like "can this hero be played mid or as a 1 position carry" and this time its like... dudes... if u wanna play the shiny new hero youre gonna have to be the ward bitch. theres really no escaping it this time around lol

luckily you will have a crystal maiden on your team so you wont have to always play 5 position support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom