• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyphos

Neo Member
So in the last week or so, I've lost about 400 MMR. It's driving me nuts. I just went 23-6 as WR in a game, and we lost. I never used to believe in the trench, but now that I'm at the ~2550 range, I'm definitely starting to. Every game it seems the players are worse and worse. It's gotten to the point where the OTHER team is commending me / applauding my playing (especially on WR, who I've recently discovered I'm quite good with). While my team just continues to feed. Ugh. /rant

Anyone have tips to try and raise my MMR? I know I'm not perfect by any means, but it definitely feels like I'm not the bottleneck in my games.

My Dotabuff, if anyone cares to look.

Razzer

So in the last week or so, I've lost about 400 MMR. It's driving me nuts. I just went 23-6 as WR in a game, and we lost. I never used to believe in the trench, but now that I'm at the ~2550 range, I'm definitely starting to. Every game it seems the players are worse and worse. It's gotten to the point where the OTHER team is commending me / applauding my playing (especially on WR, who I've recently discovered I'm quite good with). While my team just continues to feed. Ugh. /rant

Anyone have tips to try and raise my MMR? I know I'm not perfect by any means, but it definitely feels like I'm not the bottleneck in my games.

Sometimes you go through rough streaks in terms of luck, but ultimately MMR is a good estimation of your skill level relative to the playerbase. So instead of asking how to raise MMR, ask how to improve, and MMR will follow naturally.

Just because you racked up a ton of kills doesn't mean you did the right things to help your team win. This isn't a game of team death match. Maybe you should analyze why your teams are losing beyond "the trench".

I'm not saying its all your fault or anything but there's more to winning than racking up a good KDA.

Night_Hand

Neo Member

Step 1. Play or pick in a role/farming position that you are most comfortable with. If you can lasthit well and have good farming patterns, pick a 1 or 2 role. If you enjoy making big plays and making space for your carry play 2, 3, or 4. If you have a knack for strong early game rotations play 4 or 5.
Step 2. Be positive and encouraging to your teammates even if they flame you.
Step 3. Constantly have wards up and try and plot the position(s) of your opponents. Also use smoke.
Step 4. Pick fotm heroes. You might feel like a scumbag but picking ogre, jakiro, or void increase your chances of winning.

Mohasus

Stop picking WR, that hero is shit.

Razzer

their talk of spanish is so disappointing

also whats going on with EG? are their losses even close?

The Tinker one they got kinda outdrafted, though they fought hard. I didn't see vs C9 tho I know there was some remake shenanigans. I don't remember vs Secret.

Edit: Oh yeah the remake stuff was Secret.

I don't know man, your WR game seems like a cherrypick. Your Dotabuff profile doesn't indicate that you are significantly better than your bracket at all. Roughly 50% winrate with unremarkable KDAs. Not really sure what you expect.

Zyphos

Neo Member
I don't know man, your WR game seems like a cherrypick. Your Dotabuff profile doesn't indicate that you are significantly better than your bracket at all. Roughly 50% winrate with unremarkable KDAs. Not really sure what you expect.

I dunno, it just seems like every game I'm the only person who has a clue. I've lost more than a few games this past week 4v5 because my team would rather afk farm the jungle than push, or goes in alone, dies, buysback, then dies again. I've been swinging from ~2650 to 2900 MMR since about March or so, but now that I've dropped below 2600, the matches just seem to get worse and worse.

I dunno, it just seems like every game I'm the only person who has a clue. I've lost more than a few games this past week 4v5 because my team would rather afk farm the jungle than push, or goes in alone, dies, buysback, then dies again. I've been swinging from ~2650 to 2900 MMR since about March or so, but now that I've dropped below 2600, the matches just seem to get worse and worse.

Start playing heroes that can make massive impact if you think you're way below your "real" MMR. Earthshaker, Omni, Necro, Centaur, Brew, Spectre, AM, Ember, Slark, etc.etc.etc.

All-Hero Challenge is proving to be more frustrating than I anticipated. I'll go on a good run of two or three heroes that I beat easily, then run into a brick wall that I just can't get past. My current nemesis is Enchantress. I did really well with her tonight, but my team fed a ridiculous number of kills and I just couldn't hold on.

Vade

So Smash doto vs good players on lan is pretty meh, he play it like a pub and keeps getting caught especially the fb.

Zyphos

Neo Member
All-Hero Challenge is proving to be more frustrating than I anticipated. I'll go on a good run of two or three heroes that I beat easily, then run into a brick wall that I just can't get past. My current nemesis is Enchantress. I did really well with her tonight, but my team fed a ridiculous number of kills and I just couldn't hold on.

Yep. Lost like seven or eight straight games as Leshrac, and now I'm on my ~seventh or so on Razor. I've more or less given up on it for now. Still managing to be about twelve games below par at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom