• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

jbug617

Banned
Anime:
uTHtwfC.jpg

DyhNAX3.jpg

n56ClL2.jpg
Ano Hana Movie and Silver Spoon are the big pickups.

Games:
BBCP from EVO made want to try the game again.

meppi

I love to put together a care package of sort for when I take my 4 week summer vacation every year.

So this time I got the following:

utaDwIz.jpg

Payed a bit much for Escha, but it's getting hard to find it seems.

Not sure if this is a problem, but I really like this page in the booklet that came with The Witch and the Thousand Knight. lol

3jiT4rW.jpg

Also got a spare, brand new PSTwo and a bunch of games I wanted for the system. Bit expensive though. Some are brand new, others were mint condition so it was worth it. :)

QmSnEAm.jpg

And finally some random stuff that I picked up.

YGvt8Wu.jpg

RallySport 2 was due to the Gamersyde retro feature.

Wolfenstein due to the GAF thread. Vita games since they won't get a wester physical release.

3DS game since I love musou games and this one was getting damn expensive. Not to mention almost impossible to find new.

Salamander Portable doesn't need a reason. ;P

Wow, got real lucky today. Replied to a month old post on Craigslist for this sony pvm.

From reading the PVM/Upscaling thread on GAF I knew it was not the best monitor, but a good place to start. Turns out that one was sold but he had a PVM14M2U for $50!!! Made the hour drive and picked it up.

It was a little neglected, but some cleaning will do the job.

Then I fired it up...HOLY SHIT does the image look good. Just on S-video! My iPhone camera does not do it justice.

Hooked up my s-video modded Genesis and some nice stereo speakers

I love to put together a care package of sort for when I take my 4 week summer vacation every year.

That package should keep you busy for a while. :) I spent around 90 hours on the first Symphonia (on GC) alone, and was at around 85% completion, I think.

Wow, got real lucky today. Replied to a month old post on Craigslist for this sony pvm.

From reading the PVM/Upscaling thread on GAF I knew it was not the best monitor, but a good place to start. Turns out that one was sold but he had a PVM14M2U for $50!!! Made the hour drive and picked it up.

It was a little neglected, but some cleaning will do the job.

Then I fired it up...HOLY SHIT does the image look good. Just on S-video! My iPhone camera does not do it justice.

Hooked up my s-video modded Genesis and some nice stereo speakers

that is fuckin awesome.

Picked up this 83 datsun maxima today. My friend is moving and has to sell some cars because he has 11. So I got this for a steal at $500. Best $500 I've spent in a while. Made the 100 mile drive home with the a/c blasting without issue. Wheels didn't come with the car btw, they're from one of my other cars, and I needed something to drive home on.

3385938a.jpg

3385938c.jpg

Not sure if this is a problem, but I really like this page in the booklet that came with The Witch and the Thousand Knight. lol

3jiT4rW.jpg

I... I think I might need to pick this game up.

Also you've just reminded me to place an order for the physical Japanese copy of Warriors Orochi, thanks!

meppi

That package should keep you busy for a while. :) I spent around 90 hours on the first Symphonia (on GC) alone, and was at around 85% completion, I think.

Oh I'm sure I'll have my hands full!
The best part is that my Nin-nin-game order is still underway as well. :D

I... I think I might need to pick this game up.

Also you've just reminded me to place an order for the physical Japanese copy of Warriors Orochi, thanks!

The Witch game was ordered from Amazon.co.uk btw.
Not sure if other retailers will include the booklet as it wasn't inside the game packaging. ;)

Don't forget about Sengoku Musou 4 and Shin Gundam Musou either as we won't be getting physical versions of those too.

Just got this bundle in from Overclockers.co.uk.

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz with 8GB Kingston HyperX RAM preinstalled. BD player is going back to be swapped for external model, forgot I had it from a previous order and this case has no optical drive slots.

Haven't built a PC since back in about 2001 since moving to laptops, this gonna be fun.

Stubo

Just got this bundle in from Overclockers.co.uk.

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz with 8GB Kingston HyperX RAM preinstalled. BD player is going back to be swapped for external model, forgot I had it from a previous order and this case has no optical drive slots.

Haven't built a PC since back in about 2001 since moving to laptops, this gonna be fun.
That CPU cooler box art is amazing, I've got this stuck in my head now, thanks for that.

Which GPU are you going for? Should turn into a very nice system.

That CPU cooler box art is amazing, I've got this stuck in my head now, thanks for that.

Which GPU are you going for? Should turn into a very nice system.

Thanks, got this GTX 750Ti on the way.

I don't game on my PC so I don't need a particularly powerful system so most of my choices were based on noise levels and looks. Might give Dolphin a try though......

Mithos

Gold Member
A NEW
PdGyH1k.png

*cry*cry* for some reason my old stopped working/broke down (all LAN ports incl the WAN port died), so had to pick up a new one, old one was not even a year old (sending old in next week).

DryvBy

A NEW
PdGyH1k.png

*cry*cry* for some reason my old stopped working/broke down (all LAN ports incl the WAN port died), so had to pick up a new one, old one was not even a year old (sending old in next week).

That's what I'm using right now. Amazing router.

Dead

well not really...yet
Decided to get a new android tablet as a secondary mobile device (bought a surface pro 3 for main and gave ipad to a relative).

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S due to strong reviews to try it. Got two in a row with shit build quality (dirt under the panel), returned them (also touchwiz is as crappy as ever). That will teach me to buy Samsung. Never again.

Ended up with this:

9ISye5R.jpg

Couldn't be happier.

Some books I picked up:
086985bdffc26962a4bbc91bd5612e8c_zps948233be.jpg

4ac23b54f7893f68b55446e38ef6044d_zps5efb4f4d.jpg

A new laptop sleeve & shoulder strap, as the sleeve doubles as a light, slim laptop bag:
0d2fa3469b16d6547e677d6232dac8d7_zps65e965a1.jpg

Not pictured:
(2) Ribba frames from Ikea

ron_bato

Never played any of the God of War games, and I've been meaning to give it a go if the right deal came along, so I bought the Ultimate God of War triple pack which includes all the God of War games (including Ascension) for around 45$.

1497663_859805434049630_627364130133770093_n.jpg

Decided to get a new android tablet as a secondary mobile device (bought a surface pro 3 for main and gave ipad to a relative).

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S due to strong reviews to try it. Got two in a row with shit build quality (dirt under the panel), returned them (also touchwiz is as crappy as ever). That will teach me to buy Samsung. Never again.

Ended up with this:

9ISye5R.jpg

Couldn't be happier.

I'm in the market for a 10 inch tablet and was determining if I want to get the tab s or the z2. How is the screen on the z2? I know that technically it isn't as good as the tab s, but is it still good? Also how is Sony's interface software? I don't like touchwiz, but I don't know if Sony's stuff is any better. I wish that that Google would update the Nexus 10, but I don't think that will happen since 10 inch Android tablets haven't really taken off.

enewtabie

So I opened the box from Russia. Its a Saiga 12 Shotgun. Made by Izhmash, the same factory that Russian Military AKs are made. Also two days before the US Administration placed sanctions on the factory. So the value is going to shoot up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Never played any of the God of War games, and I've been meaning to give it a go if the right deal came along, so I bought the Ultimate God of War triple pack which includes all the God of War games (including Ascension) for around 45$.

1497663_859805434049630_627364130133770093_n.jpg

Where could I get this in the UK? Can't find it anywhere

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm in the market for a 10 inch tablet and was determining if I want to get the tab s or the z2. How is the screen on the z2? I know that technically it isn't as good as the tab s, but is it still good? Also how is Sony's interface software? I don't like touchwiz, but I don't know if Sony's stuff is any better. I wish that that Google would update the Nexus 10, but I don't think that will happen since 10 inch Android tablets haven't really taken off.
The screen on the Z2 is lower res than the Tab S, but makes up for it with far more accurate color. It even has white balance adjustment. At the end of the day it's still very sharp. Sonys skin is also far less intrusive than touch wiz. Very clean and cohesive. It's far closer to stock than Samsung.

Tab S was also laggy as shit, Z2 so far is buttery smooth.

Just got these 2 babies, brand new. Traded Tearaway for Persona and bought The Wonderful 101 for around $35 (considering I'm in México, this is pretty cheap).
jbb1991kP2oYtF.jpg

Hello All!

I was on holiday abroad last month and i was a little bored sitting around waiting andsomething entered my mind... Amazon

this was the result!

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

dc3.jpg

dc4.jpg

Almost mint except the dreamcast is starting to yellow on the top cover. :(

does anyone know how to fix this?

if not think im on the lookout for a dreamcast console that is or is not working aslong as it has a non yellow top which i could either swap out or put in the box

- Must stop buying things

JLynn

To celebrate my declared clean bill of heath I got this

Complete condition Manx TT Superbike and Sega Touring Car Championship Saturn with an empty box Daytona that I replaced my ratty Saturn Bomberman case with.

Gay0pd7l.jpg

A new shirt and shorts for the summer (Planning on buying more next week.)

cm76ZHyl.jpg

OvywLhgl.jpg

Hello All!

I was on holiday abroad last month and i was a little bored sitting around waiting andsomething entered my mind... Amazon

this was the result!

http://s11.postimg.org/rjirhd1oj/dc1.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/82y1uu6kj/dc2.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/rgyvuiy0z/dc3.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/7avdvn2df/dc4.jpg

Almost mint except the dreamcast is starting to yellow on the top cover. :(

does anyone know how to fix this?

if not think im on the lookout for a dreamcast console that is or is not working aslong as it has a non yellow top which i could either swap out or put in the box

- Must stop buying things

Beautiful... There's something about the Dreamcast that just screams "love videogames" to me :p

This reminds me I need to get a new controller btw...

Got my Awesomenauts Starstorm shirt from the kickstarter finally, I love it. Also picked up One Piece Unlimited World Red. I hate that day one stuff on the cover, why couldn't they just put it as a sticker on the shrinkwrap?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Picked up this 83 datsun maxima today. My friend is moving and has to sell some cars because he has 11. So I got this for a steal at $500. Best $500 I've spent in a while. Made the 100 mile drive home with the a/c blasting without issue. Wheels didn't come with the car btw, they're from one of my other cars, and I needed something to drive home on.

3385938a.jpg

3385938c.jpg

goddamit this is gorgeous

Top Bottom