• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Gamble

2014-Juli03.jpg

Finally a new chair :)

2014-Juli021.jpg

2014-Juli02.jpg

that chair is beautiful my friend

YomommaZ

I did a bit of international shopping in July...

Some gangster movies from US and Canada.
img2014.jpg

64gb Vita Memory Card from Japan. Bye bye memory managment.
For now...
img1994.jpg

MGS Legacy Collection from EU. I boarded the hypecopter after TPP demo and found this discounted from 50€ down to 25€ and figured it would be nice to own this collection.
img2021.jpg

And also I finally entered into the next generation of console heaven with DestinyStation 4. At the discounted price of 339€ I honestly couldn't delay it any further.
img2060.jpg

Arcane0ne

Hi everyone this is my first post here.

My buys of this month:

Blackberry 9790,a good,small and cheap phone (goodbye 5 inch android) and a Titanfall XBone Gamepad.

pickups-46ba3e5.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Frothing over this one. Don't need to see the inside of the box cause I know exactly which stick this is. Only reason I didn't get it was because the lack of PS4 compatibility. Great pickup!

Picked up A Hard Day's Night on blu-ray. I've heard plenty of Beatles music on tv, movies, and public radio, but this is my first foray into the band. The movie was awesome. It was so laid back, and funny, and The Beatles seemed like genuinely good actors. I especially loved Ringo Starr. I don't mean to sound like an old man, but they don't make movies like this anymore.

I really want to get into their music more now, and was thinking of getting one of their complete collections on CD. There is so many options, though. Is there a definitive complete collection?

Proc

This retro trend is killing me. Every weekend that passes I get closer..and closer to buying the shit out of some 80s-90s gaming swag. Must resist.

JLynn

Planning on getting my Saturn repaired and restored. Starting with this

Black Saturn Action Replay 4MPlus shell

ouDT6Gyl.jpg

Latest issues (In the US) of Retro Gamer and Neo UK and a new Surge Protector.

7AaePX6l.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
0i1br8k.jpg

Since there are no console coming out this year, had some disposable income so I bought a few Masterpiece transformers(Sideswipe and Acidstorm).

Keeping a look out for more but dam they $$$$, picked up a Convoy MP1 years ago in Japan, wish I would have kept it.

Ludono

Realized I needed a new headset since I left my trusty Tritton's back home. Went for the more stylish Siberia V2's. The sound is decent adn they look nice, though they feel a bit.... flimsy?

jgy4DxLhGWsOB.JPG

Hi everyone this is my first post here.

My buys of this month:

Blackberry 9790,a good,small and cheap phone (goodbye 5 inch android) and a Titanfall XBone Gamepad.

pickups-46ba3e5.jpg

I used to have that same BlackBerry model. It was very reliable to say the least.

Why are you making such a downgrade though?

0i1br8k.jpg

Since there are no console coming out this year, had some disposable income so I bought a few Masterpiece transformers(Sideswipe and Acidstorm).

Keeping a look out for more but dam they $$$$, picked up a Convoy MP1 years ago in Japan, wish I would have kept it.

Love that Acidstorm! That green looks sick!

Sirenja

Banned
Ipad air with 32 GB - watching movies and playing games like Hearthstone on the go is amazing! I don´t regret the purchase :)

64e05c.jpg

BTails

I really want to get into their music more now, and was thinking of getting one of their complete collections on CD. There is so many options, though. Is there a definitive complete collection?

I just picked the Hard Day's Night bluray up yesterday, and yes it's a phenomenal movie - by far the best by the Beatles.

You'll want to get the Beatles "The Complete Stereo Boxset", as it'll have every single commercially released studio recorded Beatles track in that box (minus the 2 90s songs). Of course, a lot of their albums, particularly early ones (and Sgt Pepper) are mixed better in Mono, but to someone who's new to the band, the differences are negligable, and the mono boxset is missing the last 2 albums.

I'm actually extremely jealous that you get to experience The Beatles for the first time, they truly are the best band in history.

Bumhead

Banned
^ Correct statement.

There's no right or wrong answer to "which Beatles album should I start with". One of the best things about the band is that you can listen to any 2 or 3 albums from any point in their career and get completely different experiences, but you'll get a great experience whichever you pick.

My 3 favourite Beatles albums are Sgt Peppers, Rubber Soul and Revolver. But really the best thing you can do is just grab the lot and enjoy.

I just picked the Hard Day's Night bluray up yesterday, and yes it's a phenomenal movie - by far the best by the Beatles.

You'll want to get the Beatles "The Complete Stereo Boxset", as it'll have every single commercially released studio recorded Beatles track in that box (minus the 2 90s songs). Of course, a lot of their albums, particularly early ones (and Sgt Pepper) are mixed better in Mono, but to someone who's new to the band, the differences are negligable, and the mono boxset is missing the last 2 albums.

I'm actually extremely jealous that you get to experience The Beatles for the first time, they truly are the best band in history.

Thanks guys! So this would be the set to get then? I was a bit confused about this set and the mono set.

Ludono

It is because of their design. They are super comfy.

You're right, they're quite light which give them that flimsy feeling I wasn't too happy with. But the comfort is excellent as far as gaming headsets go, regret nothing! :D

I almost went with Razer Krakens, since then I've been told I made the right choice haha

Arcane0ne

I used to have that same BlackBerry model. It was very reliable to say the least.

Why are you making such a downgrade though?

For try something different,because im tired of android OS - size of phone and I never had a blackberry.

The size for everyday use is very well.

http://www.needforseat.com
They're not cheap (340€), but I liked how thel feel when I tried one. Needed this one (Model LEADER BLACK) :)

Cheers for the info brother :)

What made you go with one of the "Office Comfort' chairs and not the "PRO-GAMING & OFFICE" chairs?

It's a lot of cash for a chair so i'm a bit wary of buying one without actually sitting in it first.

it seems they all say the following in terms of stock at the moment:

PLEASE NOTE:
The current upcoming delivery (mid-July) has been completely depleted by pre-orders.
Further supplies are expected for late August!

Gives me sometime to save i guess : D

ArchAngel

Cheers for the info brother :)

What made you go with one of the "Office Comfort' chairs and not the "PRO-GAMING & OFFICE" chairs?

It's a lot of cash for a chair so i'm a bit wary of buying one without actually sitting in it first.

it seems they all say the following in terms of stock at the moment:

PLEASE NOTE:
The current upcoming delivery (mid-July) has been completely depleted by pre-orders.
Further supplies are expected for late August!

Gives me sometime to save i guess : D

My weight, size & comfy said "no" to any other category for me ^^
There are many Videos and impressions of the seats on the net, you can read about it. I wouldn't buy a seat before I checked it out personally :)

BrettWeir

More of a "Made" than "pick-up". The old hutch was too limiting. I wanted to make use of the two monitors I have, as well as have a wider keyboard tray, so I made this fun little desk.

Next up is a Ripper XXL desktop gaming mat. Should be pretty set after that. Thinking of adding a 40" TV on the wall for PS4.

Before:
iRUvpNAba4D5E.JPG

And after:
iQ0gvjwHwBP2R.JPG

JMTHEFOX

In the middle of finding parts to prepare building my new pc.

A red Rock Candy 360 controller.
iMgob6u5ZpMsd.JPG

Eneloop battery/charger pack
iboIpLUVvsMnmQ.JPG

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Reciever for Windows
ih1yWtfF9QiLm.JPG

Don't question my Schwarzenegger purchase. It needed to be in the collection.
Ran out of box protectors for Super Famicom... Going to have to order more to protect these guys.

haul.jpg

hz2JAOP.jpg

Rest of the stuff arrived. Got some blu's and the entire show of Bullshit! (8 seasons on DVD, wish it would come to bluray but i doubt that it will)

BrettWeir

Realized I needed a new headset since I left my trusty Tritton's back home. Went for the more stylish Siberia V2's. The sound is decent adn they look nice, though they feel a bit.... flimsy?

jgy4DxLhGWsOB.JPG

Nice pick-up. Mine have lasted over two years so far, which is the longest I've ever had a pair of PC gaming headsets go without breaking. All of my Razer, Tritton, and Plantronics ones have fallen apart or had broken wires within a year.

DominoRaf

Neo Member
Just got into GAF and very eager to share my monthly pickup that will hopefully get me through summer :D

Just completed the 'Next Gen' Brotherhood with an xbox one titanfall bundle for £320, also bought a 23inch TV on sale as there is no room for the xbox in my current setup :)

Wv8f6ri.jpg

Finally bit and picked up an XL, was debating between white and black.
m9ls8Pa.jpg

Software Pickups plus a memory card for phone. UFC is better than i expected. What 3ds game should i start first?
Dragon quest was £6 and pokemon £8 Thanks to Argos :D, the rest where bought at local game shop.

TCRSiu0.jpg

Used some store credit that i had

tq8GrpG.jpg

Finally this was purely implusive and i have no regrets.

nQ6FyJw.jpg

Digital purchases: bought Persona 2+3 aswell as final fantasy VII on the ps store during the japan sale.

R.I.P my wallet

The_Monk

No time to clean my Backlog lately and no budget for new games, unfortunately.

Got a little red Notebook:

3RQmkYrl.jpg

Small Razor Kabuto mouse mat:

BSGAnHel.jpg

Ludono

Nice pick-up. Mine have lasted over two years so far, which is the longest I've ever had a pair of PC gaming headsets go without breaking. All of my Razer, Tritton, and Plantronics ones have fallen apart or had broken wires within a year.

I've had Tritton AX Pros and Plantronics....something or other. The Trittons lasted a long time, can't speak for their newer models but mine was very reliable. The Plantronics were crap, eventually they cracked from overuse haha.

I almost went with the H series Siberia's but they don't look very nice and these seemed more than adequate.

Top Bottom