• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

T.O.P

Banned
Haul for the month and no time to play.
achz0fZl.jpg

Congratz!

Get 3D World asap and remember to download Killer Instinct :D

BrunoM

Well guys meet Sandy my new 2014 Suzuki Gsxr 600

She's so sexy and looking to see if by my birthday Aug 9 il get my hands on a Ford F150 Fx4

minty_jpg

i0EzkEn.jpg

Ended up trading in my Wii U and 3DS XL since all they were doing was gathering dust for the past month or so (plus I found Nintendo's E3 presentation underwhelming). Will pick up both systems again next year though for Zelda U and DQ7 (if that happens)

Watch Dogs and 1 year of PS+ not pictured.

andylsun

Welcome to the current generation.

The big deal for me is that I'm currently 9,000 miles away from home in China. My wife went to Best Buy to pick up a new fridge/freezer, and this was purchased at the same time! I won't be able to use it for another two weeks, but it's waiting at home for me!

My vita will be happy, but my PS3 probably not so much.

Have been grabbing all the free PS4 games on PS+ from the web store, so should have plenty to play.

Watch_Dogs will be my first purchased disk game

6uorkvwm.jpg

todd360

i0EzkEn.jpg

Ended up trading in my Wii U and 3DS XL since all they were doing was gathering dust for the past month or so (plus I found Nintendo's E3 presentation underwhelming). Will pick up both systems again next year though for Zelda U and DQ7 (if that happens)

Watch Dogs and 1 year of PS+ not pictured.

I will never understand trading in systems you plan to purchase again. Congrats on the ps4 though. Make sure you get in the Destiny beta.

minty_jpg

I will never understand trading in systems you plan to purchase again. Congrats on the ps4 though. Make sure you get in the Destiny beta.

I have gotten A LOT of mileage from the two systems, especially the 3DS, so I feel comfortable trading them in, but I understand where you are coming from.

And yeah (nice icon), I already made sure to redeem my beta code and am ready for next week :-D

Thank you (though Wii U is current gen too).

Ludono

The big deal for me is that I'm currently 9,000 miles away from home in China. My wife went to Best Buy to pick up a new fridge/freezer, and this was purchased at the same time! I won't be able to use it for another two weeks, but it's waiting at home for me!

Haha for me it's the opposite. I'm IN China, 9,000 miles away from my home in the US. Trying to find an apartment here and once that's done I can try and get my gaming on again. Out of curiousity, would you recommend shipping over my US consoles (PS4/Wii U) or just buying new ones here?

andylsun

Haha for me it's the opposite. I'm IN China, 9,000 miles away from my home in the US. Trying to find an apartment here and once that's done I can try and get my gaming on again. Out of curiousity, would you recommend shipping over my US consoles (PS4/Wii U) or just buying new ones here?

I worded it badly. We are in the same boat. I live in the USA but currently in China! Only for a couple of weeks though, so not moving here.

My PS4 is awaiting for me at the end of 24 hours of travel - and sleep

Ludono

I worded it badly. We are in the same boat. I live in the USA but currently in China! Only for a couple of weeks though, so not moving here.

My PS4 is awaiting for me at the end of 24 hours of travel - and sleep

Ah. Yeah, I'm in a bit more of a bind haha

kanuuna

The mouse pad is pretty huge. I kinda wish I could've found the Tiny one, though.
As for the Naga, it feels incredible coming from a Steelseries Sensei - so much more ergonomic for a right-hander.

Ludono

YDU.jpg

Yakuza Ishin - $200HKD - I've been wanting this for quite some time but it's been pricey. I found a used CE for $250 but haggled it down to $200. It's the Hong Kong version but all the audio and text is still in Japanese so it should be fine, especially for the massive difference in price (the Japanese version sells for at least $400HKD usually more)

Forza 3 LE, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and Trusty Bell - $10HKD Each. There was a big bin of bargain Xbox 360 games sitting in front of a store for $10HKD a piece. Most of them were Hong Kong versions and sports games but I did find a US version 50 Cent game and the Japanese versions of Trusty Bell and Forza... for $10 each why not.

Newtype Magazine - July issue because the August issue is out meaning this one got set to 50% off. Still cost me about $10USD but I love these magazines so worth it.

Poster - I didn't want to unravel it but it's a pretty nice poster of Hanazawa Kana

andylsun

Forza 3 LE, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and Trusty Bell - $10HKD Each. There was a big bin of bargain Xbox 360 games sitting in front of a store for $10HKD a piece. Most of them were Hong Kong versions and sports games but I did find a US version 50 Cent game and the Japanese versions of Trusty Bell and Forza... for $10 each why not.

Where in HK? I'm there on Friday and always looking for game bargains?

Vexxan

T8SxDWv.jpg

Got this game yesterday and played it all day, overall it's been a lot of fun but the long loading times and the dive in frame-rate is pretty noticeable. The dialogue is way better than I thought it'd be and I find myself laughing at it quite a lot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
YDU.jpg

Yakuza Ishin - HKD - I've been wanting this for quite some time but it's been pricey. I found a used CE for but haggled it down to It's the Hong Kong version but all the audio and text is still in Japanese so it should be fine, especially for the massive difference in price (the Japanese version sells for at least HKD usually more)

Forza 3 LE, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and Trusty Bell - HKD Each. There was a big bin of bargain Xbox 360 games sitting in front of a store for HKD a piece. Most of them were Hong Kong versions and sports games but I did find a US version 50 Cent game and the Japanese versions of Trusty Bell and Forza... for each why not.

Newtype Magazine - July issue because the August issue is out meaning this one got set to 50% off. Still cost me about USD but I love these magazines so worth it.

Poster - I didn't want to unravel it but it's a pretty nice poster of Hanazawa Kana

Are there any editions of the Yakuza game with English language?

Ludono

Where in HK? I'm there on Friday and always looking for game bargains?

It's a neat little building that goes by the name "Sino Centre" it's over just between the Yau Ma Tei and Mongkok MTR stations. It sits right on Nathan road and can bit easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for. It's essentially just a bunch of little shops selling import stuff, be wary they WILL try to upsell to you since you're a foreigner. Just be aware that in most of those shops you CAN and should haggle a bit. The guy originally tried to tell me those games were 50HKD each (still cheap) so I started walking away and he said "okay okay". One of the few perks.

Are there any editions of the Yakuza game with English language?

Not yet, and seeing as how Yakuza 5 remains untranslated as well, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Still, it's definitely playable even if you don't know Japanese, but you'll be missing out on the story.

ys45

I absolutely love batman for nes. So nostalgic for it. Was a boxed copy fairly expensive? I love 1-1's music. Timeless.

I know right ? even thought the game is pretty hard I had so much fun with this game as a kid !
Price was pretty decent $30 (CAD) at a flea market and the cart and manual are like new.

Top Bottom