• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Autographs from Kazuki Nakashima, SUSHIO & Yousuke Toba. SUSHIO drew the spirals on Gurren's fingers for fun.
77f12891c6b259f7f107770780d8869b_zps3dbe3cd9.jpg

you're a monster.

THAT"S LAGANN!

andylsun

It's a neat little building that goes by the name "Sino Centre" it's over just between the Yau Ma Tei and Mongkok MTR stations. It sits right on Nathan road and can bit easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for. It's essentially just a bunch of little shops selling import stuff, be wary they WILL try to upsell to you since you're a foreigner. Just be aware that in most of those shops you CAN and should haggle a bit. The guy originally tried to tell me those games were 50HKD each (still cheap) so I started walking away and he said "okay okay". One of the perks

Thanks! I really don't enjoy haggling at all but will be with a local friend who I'm sure can set things straight.

I'm staying near Tsim Sha Tsui MTR so only a few hops.

enewtabie

Started on a gamecube collection. Waiting on some more to come in the mail. Got a little gift from Mother Russia. Waiting on some accessories for it too.

Gameboy415

I've been trying to save money this month but still picked up some cool stuff over the last few weeks:

NXtYmCK.jpg

-I got the LEGO Simpsons house earlier this year so naturally I had to get the Mini-Figs too. :)
I got the full set for ~$40 on eBay thanks to some eBay bucks.

O37rmjB.jpg

-All of the Blu-Rays were super-cheap on Amazon and I found The Abyss on DVD at Goodwill for $1.99. It's annoyingly not out on Blu-Ray yet but I figured it was still a decent upgrade from my ~15 year old VHS copy, haha.

wabQ6ZW.jpg

-I got both PS3 games from Best Buy for ~$27 total thanks to my GCU discount & a Reward Zone certificate, Deus Ex was super-cheap on Amazon, and I found Dance Factory at Goodwill.

VqxGStz.jpg

-I missed out on all of the deals when stores were clearing out their stock a while back but I got this re-furbished PSPGo on eBay for ~$60 and it's in perfect shape! :)

Ludono

Thanks! I really don't enjoy haggling at all but will be with a local friend who I'm sure can set things straight.

I'm staying near Tsim Sha Tsui MTR so only a few hops.

No problem! There's also an elevator on the right side of the building that you can take to floors 4-21. Some of those floors have more shops in them, I highly recommend you go to the 20th floor to a really cool store called the "Secret Base" that has a ton of really cool movie action figures (Star Wars, Alien etc)

Kevyt

A new shelf for my collection !!

10474894_4461050620269_5185835357725160760_n.jpg

10516892_4483375298372_4626434785518261544_n.jpg

That collection looks amazing and so does the shelf!! :D

R9 290 Tri X OC

20140703_135834.jpg

Got it for working with Unreal Engine 4 with the DK2

Omg that's awesome congrats!

SuperÑ;119205170 said:
The substitute for my loyal 6950 2Gb is here. Hope it is worth it :p

I got one of those too it's on its way... :3

There's enough big budget games out now that it felt worth it to get a desktop gaming PC again.

I haven't actually hooked up the H100i yet, I wanted to make sure everything else was working first so stuck with the stock fan.
qz3P938.jpg

Games look great and I'm loving all that extra screen space.
6P8kWPt.jpg

It's nice to have a monitor that's easy to rotate and can pass through sound.
25SR6Bk.jpg

I just need to pick up some speakers and a decent keyboard now.

Powercolor R9 290!! I've heard mixed things about PC cards... but I'm sure they're good! I was undecided between the PC version and the Sapphire, I went with the sapphire in the end.

Question, what monitor is that?

todd360

Oh man, I want that.

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you pick it up? I'm thinking Amazon?

I bought it on rightstuf.com. They are having a 10% off sale for everything in stock on the website if you use the code. Plus I have a gotanime membership with them so I got an extra 10% off.

Edit: I think it was about 36 dollars with the 20% off.

todd360

Gotcha. Thank you!

lol I just checked amazon and its $37 there now haha. I think it was like 45 or something there when I ordered it on rightstuf.

Its such a cool way to read the series though. I'm definitely gonna collect the series in the larger size editions if they keep making them.

lol I just checked amazon and its $37 there now haha. I think it was like 45 or something there when I ordered it on rightstuf.

Its such a cool way to read the series though. I'm definitely gonna collect the series in the larger size editions if they keep making them.

Yeah, I went to Amazon right after your response. Thought to myself, "I hope he doesn't go there and look at the price." Haha.

Little bit of a Nintendo binge this week.
Skyward Sword- £4
Metroid Other M- £6 (never played a Metroid title either! But I'm not paying silly money for the Prime Trilogy!)
Mario Galaxy- £9
Luigi's Mansion 2 & Animal Crossing NL for £32. However AC is one of a rare breed of games which doesn't appeal to me on paper, but I know that if it did get its claws into me I'd waste hours of my life on it (even more so given the type of game it is!). So it's being sold on, hopefully I pull £20 for it?

Galdius

I just got back from New York and I bought a lot of games:

One DS game that I was missing for my Final Fantasy collection and some 3DS games (I couldn't let Steel Diver pass for only $2.50):
GrmkG51l.jpg

I went to Toy's R Us and they had a sale and I got some new WiiU games. The most expensive one was Ducktales Remastered for $19.99, the others were $10 and $12.50. I decided to pick a Pro Controller on the Nintendo store to play Mario Kart and other games.
7LYohCJl.jpg

I found some Gameboy games that I was looking, including a sealed Yoda Stories copy. Castlevania and DK King of Swing are also sealed.
Qii8bfMl.jpg

I also bought some N64 games. The boxed games are sealed.
ihRa1jZl.jpg
FEAUZIEl.jpg

Some random stuff that I wanted:
jo0CJ0Yl.jpg

The Vita games that I was missing for my complete set:
Xc3JNknl.jpg

And a Zelda Spirit Tracks demo:
nSlUTxll.jpg

Asparagus

Powercolor R9 290!! I've heard mixed things about PC cards... but I'm sure they're good! I was undecided between the PC version and the Sapphire, I went with the sapphire in the end.

Question, what monitor is that?

I had some reservations about the Powercolor card as well but it was a fair bit cheaper than the other 290 cards available so I gave it a chance and it's worked brilliantly so far. The Seasonic PSU on the other hand is a bag of shit that's crapped out already and is being RMA'd this week.

The monitor's a Dell UltraSharp U2414H.

ink4n3

vBGlyVy.png

Grabbed a new bike. I haven't had one for several years. Plan to use it to cruise around the neighborhood and some bike paths.

That's really cool! I might steal that idea sometime.

Yeah the good thing, apart from that the gameboy fits in the window of the frame nicely, is that the depth of the frame is almost perfect - the game boy sticks out only by a couple of mm, so you barely notice it on the wall.

JLynn

A few from May-June

The shirt I'll wear at Dragoncon in Atlanta, GA

Uu0Qkq5l.jpg

Fresh black Max '90s

wM3YpkGl.jpg

32 GB SD card

LN1XmMql.jpg

From July: The Lego Movie, The Other Guys, and The Raid 2 Blurays

tTJbKBrl.jpg

New Timex watch for the DC trip

QnhWBMcl.jpg

Dimefan3

A few new things I picked up for my birthday tomorrow (I'll be 32. Yikes.)

t46xxyP.jpg

Hopefully I'll be picking up a new Wii U tomorrow.

Kama2k

Neo Member
FLdgcXK.jpg

KBC Poker 2 with cherry blues. It's my first mech and it is heavenly to type on I personally love the clicky noises however my family hates me now lol.

If you liked those 15 games, you should see this:

Mn9zROul.jpg

My Vita collection today.
Tomorrow will launch One Piece for it and my collection won't be complete.
But today it is.

That is quite the collection! Fuck!

Do you have any digital copies on your Vita at all (PS1/PSP aside)?

phoenixyz

Great pick ups. Dark Victory is rad too if you get a chance to pick that up too.

Thanks. I actually borrowed both Dark Victory and Long Halloween some time ago and already read them. But I thought it's time to own them and Dark Victory will probably follow on my next comic order.

Top Bottom