• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Galdius

That is quite the collection! Fuck!

Do you have any digital copies on your Vita at all (PS1/PSP aside)?

I think I have only three digital games: Escape Plan, Sine Mora (PS+) and the Motorstorm game. If a game is only released digitally in the US and physical in Europe, I track down an european copy. I want to have all US released games and all UK exclusives. I can try to go for all EU exclusives but I still haven't made a list of all games released in Europe. Yesterday I discovered a game that was only released in Spain, now I want it in my collection.

You're making me want to expand my collection.

You should do it. Retail Vita games are amazing, they look very nice and it's very fun to track them down. The Vita still doesn't have a lot of games so the set is a bit easy to achieve right now but some games already are getting more hard to find.

thenexus6

51oHMRxpfHL._SY445_.jpg

Galdius

Are you sure? I think they might if you select the Amazon Global shipping option.
My Spanish is not that well though. :)

I'm sure. I put the game on my cart and tried to have it shipped to Brazil but Amazon said it wasn't possible. Then I selected the UK address and the game will be arrive between July 18 and 22.

I'm sure. I put the game on my cart and tried to have it shipped to Brazil but Amazon said it wasn't possible. Then I selected the UK address and the game will be arrive between July 18 and 22.

Ok, that's too bad. I checked Portugal (since they might export to Brazil), but doesn't seem like the game is released there. Really only Spain.

Surprisingly, the Portuguese (in Portugal) name of the movie is not Tadeo, but "(As Fantásticas Aventuras de) Tad" instead.

GdgeNhh.jpg

Think I've posted in this thread once, but had to share this one. A very lucky find at my local pawn shop today; it's like my childhood was waiting for me. And the games were had for a very good price.

Picked up my childhood tv from my parent's house. This was my main tv from 94-98. Played so many hours of SNES, Genesis, and N64 on it! Still looks great today even with my crappy kodak camera and it's flash.

Arthos

Think I've posted in this thread once, but had to share this one. A very lucky find at my local pawn shop today; it's like my childhood was waiting for me. And the games were had for a very good price.

That Ar Tonelico....

You should do it. Retail Vita games are amazing, they look very nice and it's very fun to track them down. The Vita still doesn't have a lot of games so the set is a bit easy to achieve right now but some games already are getting more hard to find.

I love the boxes for the Vita just because they are small and get the job done. And, like you said, they look very nice!

Are most of those games sealed?

JEKKI

whooo whooo~!!! I'm back from EVO!!

EVO!!

but all I got to show for it is a towel and a snake...

10560982_1390389897869814_498814253_n.jpg

Evo attendees wish they were on my towel and snake level

If you liked those 15 games, you should see this:

Mn9zROul.jpg

My Vita collection today.
Tomorrow will launch One Piece for it and my collection won't be complete.
But today it is.

Very, very impressive! Always nice to see fellow physical Vita collectors on GAF. This is my collection at the moment.

5kNFWNw.jpg

Galdius

I love the boxes for the Vita just because they are small and get the job done. And, like you said, they look very nice!

Are most of those games sealed?

39 of 106 games are sealed. At the beginning I opened every game that I bought so this number could be much higher if I had just opened the games that I was going to play. Anyway, because I don't plan on selling my collection, I'm ok with those opened games. But now I just open the games I will play right now.

Very, very impressive! Always nice to see fellow physical Vita collectors on GAF. This is my collection at the moment.

5kNFWNw.jpg

Your collection is also very impressive. You have a lot of non-US games. I'm trying to find some good japanese games to buy but you need to know how to read japanese for a lot of the games so that's a problem. Let me know if you have any recomendations for games that are easy to play without knowing japanese.

Some time ago there was a thread here on Gaf about physical Vita collection and one member posted a photo of his collection. It was amazing, he had at the time more games than I have now. This shows that there are people out there collecting for the system. I'm also cataloging every US release. I should do the same for the european exclusives but I still haven't started doing this.

lem0n

I hope it's not breaking the rules, since no pics, but-

I traded in Watch_Dogs at GS today for some digital stuffs. I preordered Destiny on XB1 so I can get in the Beta next week, and got $50 in Steam credit for Spintires and Shovel Knight!

So a receipt is all I picked up, lol

Damigos

39 of 106 games are sealed. At the beginning I opened every game that I bought so this number could be much higher if I had just opened the games that I was going to play. Anyway, because I don't plan on selling my collection, I'm ok with those opened games. But now I just open the games I will play right now.

Your collection is also very impressive. You have a lot of non-US games. I'm trying to find some good japanese games to buy but you need to know how to read japanese for a lot of the games so that's a problem. Let me know if you have any recomendations for games that are easy to play without knowing japanese.

Some time ago there was a thread here on Gaf about physical Vita collection and one member posted a photo of his collection. It was amazing, he had at the time more games than I have now. This shows that there are people out there collecting for the system. I'm also cataloging every US release. I should do the same for the european exclusives but I still haven't started doing this.

I don't recognize even half of those games. Japan..

After 30+ years of dreaming and last 7 months of serious looking, I picked up a 2011 Porsche Cayman. I'm the second owner, its CPO with 20,000 miles - basically like new. Man its a blast to drive.

Freshly detailed from the Porsche shop. Excited to drive it home.
Cayman1_zps4a807658.jpg

After 30+ years of dreaming and last 7 months of serious looking, I picked up a 2011 Porsche Cayman. I'm the second owner, its CPO with 20,000 miles - basically like new. Man its a blast to drive.

What a nice pick-up. Kudos, friend. I've never been a car person, but there's an undeniable attraction to Porsches.

Thanks.
I will take a look.
I already thought about buying Dokuro but I never looked for information about it. I will view this review and then maybe I buy it.

Have you played it? Can you give me your impressions?

Well, I haven't beaten it yet. But it's basically a cute, but quite challenging (at least to me. :)) puzzle game.

"Dokuro" means 'skull' in Japanese. And so you're playing as a little skeleton dude who is supposed to guide a princess out of the castle of his wicked master. Each level holds an environmental puzzle. You have to guide the princess from left to right to the end of the level, marked by a flower. (The princess moves automatically once you've cleared an obstacle holding her back.) You have a few abilities that you can use to solve the puzzle, like a chalk stick, or a "special" potion (don't want to spoil anything), or levers to activate or disable certain stuff.

The jump mechanic of your skeleton dude might be a bit awkward at first and needs some getting used to. And you may get frustrated because quite a bit of the puzzles require a rather precise timing on your part.

There's quite a lot of puzzles in the game, so it's sure to keep you busy for quite a while imo. I love the music, and well... it's just a really cute game more than anything. :)

Galdius

Well, I haven't beaten it yet. But it's basically a cute, but quite challenging (at least to me. :)) puzzle game.

"Dokuro" means 'skull' in Japanese. And so you're playing as a little skeleton dude who is supposed to guide a princess out of the castle of his wicked master. Each level holds an environmental puzzle. You have to guide the princess from left to right to the end of the level, marked by a flower. (The princess moves automatically once you've cleared an obstacle holding her back.) You have a few abilities that you can use to solve the puzzle, like a chalk stick, or a "special" potion (don't want to spoil anything), or levers to activate or disable certain stuff.

The jump mechanic of your skeleton dude might be a bit awkward at first and needs some getting used to. And you may get frustrated because quite a bit of the puzzles require a rather precise timing on your part.

There's quite a lot of puzzles in the game, so it's sure to keep you busy for quite a while imo. I love the music, and well... it's just a really cute game more than anything. :)

It sounds like a very nice game. I will put it on my list. Maybe I buy it this month or in the next one. Thanks for your mini review.

NotSelf

Cayman1_zps4a807658.jpg

Congrats! lovely car I once owned a porsche
in gt:(

EDIT: I guess there weren't any porsches in gt give me a break I haven't' played that game in ages:)

Cayman1_zps4a807658.jpg

Damn, congrats man! I'm honestly not much of a car guy, but that's beautiful.

Voidance

Cayman1_zps4a807658.jpg
This'll be me when I get my Bentley. As a fellow car guy, I understand completely. It's a fantastic machine; enjoy it, buddy!

deroli

Cayman1_zps4a807658.jpg

It's a shame Porsche sells more SUVs than sports cars nowadays :( They are meant to be fast, flat and loud, not little tanks.

zmet

Scanners and Wolfenstein: The New Order

Some loose Famicom carts: Final Mission (S.C.A.T. on the NES), Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima III, and Moon Crystal

Clishem87

Neo Member
LvB9kKal.jpg

I also got given a Sega Saturn and GameCube. believe it or not i have never played either console and have no games as of yet. Any suggestions?
Also loving the Astro's but does anybody know of a way i can have them connected to my PS4 and Xbox One without having to swap out the Optical each time?
Grainger had the Dedsec edition on sale for £50 so i traded in my standard edition and an old 80gb ps3 i no longer use as the HDD was a little tempermental and used the credit for dedsec and TLOU pre-order.
Didnt really enjoy MGS, not really a stealth lover but i thought id give it a go although i thought the graphics were very good.
Oh yeah and UFC for PS4 gets delivered tomorrow.

JDeluis

http://i.imgur.com/LvB9kKal.jpg[IMG]

I also got given a Sega Saturn and GameCube. believe it or not i have never played either console and have no games as of yet. Any suggestions?
[B]Also loving the Astro's but does anybody know of a way i can have them connected to my PS4 and Xbox One without having to swap out the Optical each time?[/B]
Grainger had the Dedsec edition on sale for £50 so i traded in my standard edition and an old 80gb ps3 i no longer use as the HDD was a little tempermental and used the credit for dedsec and TLOU pre-order.
Didnt really enjoy MGS, not really a stealth lover but i thought id give it a go although i thought the graphics were very good.
Oh yeah and UFC for PS4 gets delivered tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Optical splitter. Make sure you pick up extra optical cables. You'll need 3 of them in total.
[url]http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042301&p_id=966&seq=1&format=2[/url]

Top Bottom