• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Drame

Teetris said:
I have the same config on a Sony laptop (430m/HD5650) and it really is the best thing I've ever had so far on the electronic side. It runs everything you throw at it without dipping below 30 fps on medium-high settings if you turn all the fancy stuff on. Even runs PCSX2 and Dolphin really well.

One thing tho, mine won't last more than 2 hours whatever I'm doing, the dude at the store said that was the reason for it being so cheap. How long does yours last?
I haven't yet got the change to test the battery life, but there's somekind of powersave setting, which disables the ATI GPU and activates Intel's integrated one to save battery life.

Think I'll test this in action tomorrow.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I got good stuff!

img_0201.jpg

Thanks, Fry's, for the $10 off S&P.

Wazzim

Banned
Flek said:
unfortunatly not … its German and Japanese only, german subs too. But i guess you can find eng. subs online…i used to do this with japan dvds back in the days :D
We have it here in the Netherlands too, for only 7,50euros :D
One of my favourite anime's ever.

Danielsan

Drame said:
Rather expensive month.

New laptop.

110mbrl.jpg

Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820TG

Out of the box:

30v0tty.jpg

Specs:

Win 7 64-bit
15,6" LED-backlit display
4 GB Ram
Intel Core i5 430M @ 2,27GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Really happy with the laptop so far. Performance wise it has been excellent for its price. I can play most of my games with no problems at all.

Steam and PSN purchases:

eq2haa.jpg

2me77na.jpg
I'm looking to get a laptop sometime in the near future and based on your impressions this laptop seems like a great choice.
Added it to my wish-list. :D

Wazzim said:
We have it here in the Netherlands too, for only 7,50euros :D
One of my favourite anime's ever.
Does the Dutch version have English subtitles?
I'm incredibly interested in getting this anime based on the cover gorgeous cover and the summary. I hate watching movies in Japanese with Dutch subtitles though.

Also where did you get it in the Netherlands?

jatt

Can I just say that this is my favourite thread on the gaf, I have viewed every months thread for like 2 years almost :lol

I recently got my password back and will update this thread wih my own stuff

WEGGLES

Rufus said:
There, there. I know how that feels. Look on the bright side: the other components might be cheaper by then.
Hopefully :)

I'm keeping an eye on Newegg Shell Shockers and other deals for components. Will pick stuff up along the way if it's cheap. (Like the power supply. $60 instead of 110).

dankir

Here's June and some of late May's pickups

Games

IMG_5564.jpg

Super and a second TE stick and my cat ready to go PEW PEW on your asses

IMG_5565.jpg

Movies

IMG_5563.jpg

Transformers

IMG_5569.jpg

and a sick DTS Best of Marvin Gaye CD, thing sounds incredible on my Aperions

IMG_5575.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

Split/Second is great but unfortunately it YLOD'd my PS3 and got stuck in it :(
The Alien and Predator boxset was only £12 in the HMV sale and couldn't resist at that price.

SlickVic

First off some games. FO3 expansion packs were $8 each on Newegg so couldn't resist.

10h6sev.jpg

Next some Lakers stuff. Unfortunately the tees got a bit wrinkly.

j627mf.jpg

hugll5.jpg

Splurged a bit more than usual this month. Don't think I'll have that many expenses this summer though so I guess it's all good

Trinity Universe won't get here until July, so I'm done for the month.
34034_1516162745176_1267691058_31416465_3522279_n.jpg

The ultimate pick up. Ran the Rock and Roll Seattle Half Marathon on Saturday.
june1005.jpg

june1004.jpg

This came in the mail today. I feel like a little kid again!

Sorry about the quality. My DSi is literally the only digital camera I own. :lol

SV2Hi.jpg

JWBlE.jpg

ZCSh5.jpg

WtgRI.jpg

TsJH9.jpg

The detail is awesome, yet it's still an action figure, so I can have all the make believe battles that I want! I don't gotta worry about breaking a hand made porcelain statue or anything! Love it.

autobzooty said:
This came in the mail today. I feel like a little kid again!

Sorry about the quality. My DSi is literally the only digital camera I own. :lol

SV2Hi.jpg

The detail is awesome, yet it's still an action figure, so I can have all the make believe battles that I want! I don't gotta worry about breaking a hand made porcelain statue or anything! Love it.
Where'd you get this?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
lUwBG.jpg

Along with a new battery case for the 360 controller, and a HDMI cable for the 360. :D PGR 4 looks amazing btw!

elektrixx

Banned
games, Games, GAMES! WHY WON'T IT LET ME STOP?! I thought it was all over with the Sonic things, and then this PSN thing comes along!

june2010pickupdlc7.png

june2010pickupdlc8.png

june2010pickupdlc9.png

june2010pickupdlc10.png

june2010pickupdlc11.png

june2010pickupdlc12.png

june2010pickupdlc13.png

june2010pickupdlc14.png

june2010pickupdlc15.png

june2010pickupdlc16.png

june2010pickupdlc17.png

AnkitT

Coffee related purchases! :D

21d08a.jpg

Great blend, really rich aroma!

22p1m5.jpg

Coffee mug that I got free with the coffee.

23n2z8.jpg

Flask because I blue myself.

FINALLY after working over over over time for last few months here it is !!!

Cancon 550D + kit lens for now and saving up for better lens in the next few months!

P6290131.jpg

P6290132.jpg

P6290133.jpg

P6290134.jpg

P6290135.jpg

+ from the steam sale:
Serious Sam HD pack
qnryis.jpg

Flek

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:
FINALLY after working over over over time for last few months here it is !!!

Cancon 550D + kit lens for now and saving up for better lens in the next few months!

P6290131.jpg

P6290132.jpg

P6290133.jpg

P6290134.jpg

P6290135.jpg

+ from the steam sale:
Serious Sam HD pack
qnryis.jpg

impressions please! Iam thinking of selling my 400d and upgrading to the 550 too. Mainly because of live-view and HD video.

Flek said:
impressions please! Iam thinking of selling my 400d and upgrading to the 550 too. Mainly because of live-view and HD video.
Not really much to say from taking a few picks after I charged the battery but I can say that it can make AMAZING picks if you know what you are doing. (that does not include me btw total beginner at DLSR's).
Under low light situations it does pop op the flash a lot an auto settings but you can make descent picks without the flash, out side its amazing truly a great joy to use.
Its light very user friendly (for a noob like me, specially the auto settings for close range are very useful for me).
I'll edit this post later when I think I have something to share (this is after all the gaming part of gaf not the photo part :p).

4745384593_b3bb15dbd1.jpg

4746026786_53721d2476.jpg

Gong

A sale prompted me to pick this up:

DSC00030.jpg

A lovely little compact, very happy with it.

And games-wise, just got these:

DSC00042.jpg

Almost forgot .
The weather is great and the City filled with traffic so I bought me a Retro Scooter to accompany my car , I move much faster trough the City now , also no Helmet needed for this baby .
Love it :D

DSCF2760-kopie.jpg

Top Bottom