• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Oh! Forgot to post my awesome new game chair.
008.jpg

I've never owned such a nice pair of soccer cleats...Nike Mercurial Vapor Superflys' :D

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

If I didn't get hooked up, I wouldn't have EVER been able to justify these :lol

Forsete

AkIRA_22 said:
Mate, you are going to go blind.

A little Matrix green never hurt anyone. ;) I usually select orange/yellow light though. Red is pretty cool. My walls are red-brownish so sadly they eat up the blue light.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ngower said:
Former PSWii60 owner, had to sell my systems and my TV over the fall semester of last year after I got fired and spent a month or so trying to catch up on bills.

BUT I'M BACK!

4735205091_c863e0deea_b.jpg

Asus VH236H (Well reputed in the gaming community as the "EVO monitor")*
The monitor is very nice! I wish there where some 15" options for that monitor since I'd be using it in a place that has restrictions on things like that.

stonedwal

Last big pickups post for me for a while. I've been trying to reign the purchases in for a while, and was successful until a few of the games retailers in Australia decided to sell shit for 50-80% off. We've had to start organising an interstate move for September too (fiancee hates Queensland, her mother is ill and I'll find a job more easily/get paid more), so the belt has to be tightened.

We ended up having our anniversary early in the month because neither of us could be bothered waiting til the end of the month to exchange gifts since we're stupid and started buying gifts in April. You'll also notice that there are a lot of non-anniversary presents from my finacee - she says she was compensating for being a rotten bitch and not contributing to the housework while she was preparing for her mid-June exam. I think she spent way too much, frankly. Apologies for the shitty photos too, I was in a rush.

360stuff.jpg

My Xbox 360 collection is getting huge, but it's also the system prone to the most rapid price drops. I didn't pay over $AU28 for a game in the picture. Two two ugly ass promos were free from my fiancee's work - I used to get a bunch of them when I was freelancing. Batman, Ghostbusters and Dead Rising were anniversary gifts, Dante's Inferno and Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce were both random presents from my fiancee (pricematched for something like $18-24). Alpha Protocol, Saboteur, Viva Pinata and RE5 Gold were all from various facets of GAME's sale, either in-store or online. The guys at my local GAME are kinda douchey, so I won't be going back there in a hurry.

wii.jpg

Yet another frickin' Wii Speak - this one was free with my fiancee's Endless Ocean 2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was from Videogames Plus, random present from my fiancee. Onechanbara has an amusing story attached to it - Shope Two sent it to fucking Brazil back when I ordered it in December, showed up out of the blue this month, I bought a copy elsewhere thinking it lost, so I'll be giving this one to a friend. Fire Emblem (which I lazily have not de-stickered), Sky Crawlers and Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics were all from the GAME sale, Red Steel 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy were from the Dick Smith sale.

ds.jpg

Naruto: Path of Ninja 2 was an anniversary present, the rest were all from the GAME sale (or matched to GAME's prices).

psfamily.jpg

LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition and Super Street Fighter IV were anniversary presents, PAIN was from the GAME sale (and effectively sums up my dealings with them), as were Tekken 6 and Bomberman. Invizimals was from the Dick Smith sale. Demon's Souls was from EB - through trades and discounts, it only cost me $AU8. Traded some cheap crap I didn't need from the GAME sale and a disc-only Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise I had laying around (and subsequently replaced with the one in the 360 pic).

REZelda.jpg

More GAME sale crap left out of their respective photos. Don't normally buy paperback guides, but $2 was a steal. RE: Darkside with the Zapper was like $AU24.

sonics.jpg

I've mentioned several times in the past that I was looking to get a full variant set of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I asked my fiancee for the Japanese ones for our anniversary, and like the awesome woman she is, she came through. She was all panicked about the Sonic 2 being an Asian version, not a Japanese one, but I'm not fussed. Just need the US ones now for the main MD set, though I'd like to replace my PAL ones with UK versions for the nicer manuals.

books.jpg

I loves me some books. These were all anniversary presents. That Street Fighter book has really annoying binding, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy one was way thinner than expected.

I tried to give as good as I got for the anniversary, but I get the feeling she well and truly outspent me. I ended up picking up the following for her, either for our anniversary or from the sales:
Ar Tonelico (PS2)
Pokemon Ranger (DS)
Pokemon Dash (DS)
Pokemon Trozei (DS)
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibre (N64)
Shiren the Wanderer (Wii)
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Edition (PS3)
Professor Layton Revoltech figure
World of Warcraft Vindicator Maraad figure
World of Warcraft Lady Vashj figure
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)
You're in the Movies (Xbox 360) (c'mon, it was $AU4 :p)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Wii)
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Wii)
Picross DS (DS)
Fat Princess: A Fistful of Cake (PSP)
Singstar Queen (PS2)

So yeah, no more stuff for a while.

oatmeal

Banned
Thanks to Goozex I have gotten:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox) - I loved this game in college, but sold it when I graduated.
Fable II (360) - Loved the first.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii) - Loved the first hour or so, such a great way to play a game like this.
Silent Hill 2 (Xbox) - Always wanted to play this.

Pretty big month for me, after the torture that was my exam preparation and my eventual exams I decided to do some retail therapy.

SDC11431.jpg

Really enjoying the Wii so far, having a lot of fun waggling the stick around in No More Heroes doing suplexes and DDTs. I no longer have HOTD: Overkill from the triple pack because I traded it towards Super Mario Galaxy 2 which still hasn't come out here. Maybe Nintendo of Australia was waiting for me to buy Wii :lol

I also bought Donkey Kong Country 2 on the Virtual Console and I tried to play it with a Gamecube controller to terrible results; lots of unintended monkey grabs. It's impossible to avoid that enourmous A button. Next pick up will likely be a Classic Controller Pro after SMG2 of course.

Shout out to GAME selling their shit dirt cheap.

Kagami said:
:lol

I bought the Omamori OP & ED, too, but download versions instead of CD

This begs a question of mine: Are there any good iTunes-like services for J-Pop that sell to English-speaking customers (I'm in the UK)? Would love to buy some anime OP/EDs...

Drame

Rather expensive month.

New laptop.

110mbrl.jpg

Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820TG

Out of the box:

30v0tty.jpg

Specs:

Win 7 64-bit
15,6" LED-backlit display
4 GB Ram
Intel Core i5 430M @ 2,27GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Really happy with the laptop so far. Performance wise it has been excellent for its price. I can play most of my games with no problems at all.

Steam and PSN purchases:

eq2haa.jpg

2me77na.jpg

Pezking

bjbd05.jpg

Peace Walker + Guide (I really like the format! Not as nice to look at as a a hardcover guide, but much more practical while playing.)

1z67b4o.jpg

New season ticket for Eeeeeeeeeintracht Fraaaankfuuuuurt!

2wd0nxx.jpg

2 tickets for The National at Neu Isenburg (a town near Frankfurt).

17fsk0.jpg

The Book of Eli, signed by our very own Gary Whitta.

Best pick up of the month, hands down!
34034_1516162745176_1267691058_31416465_3522279_n.jpg

I ran the Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon yesterday in 2 hours 20 minutes. First half marathon for me ever.

burgerdog

Fedex delivered it on Thursday to my billing address which is different than my current address. :lol :lol Had it shipped from there to here and it's awesome.

1zfo3fo.jpg

oatmeal

Banned
Drame said:
30v0tty.jpg

Specs:

Win 7 64-bit
4 GB Ram

Seems really strange to have the trackpad on the left side like that.

Is it strange?

Never seen a trackpad like that, I actually think its a good idea as when I use my mouse I don't have it directly infront of my keyboard as it stops you from typing while using it.

Drame said:
Rather expensive month.

New laptop.

110mbrl.jpg

Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820TG

Out of the box:

30v0tty.jpg

Specs:

Win 7 64-bit
4 GB Ram

Really happy with the laptop so far. Performance wise it has been excellent for its price. I can play most of my games with no problems at all.

Steam and PSN purchases:

eq2haa.jpg

2me77na.jpg

i have two questions for you drame where did you get that laptop? and are you using it to play re5 and if so what settings?

Flek

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
Great pictures.

I saw these arts before but didn't know where they where from. I googled them and the movie looks fantastic. Too bad I can't find any DVD edition in my country...

thx man :) going to watch it tonight <3

LegendOfGood said:
Nice. Been waiting for this to get a BLU-RAY release.

yeha i could have waited for the BR too but on i just paid 10 Euros for the DVD so its ok :D

AnkitT

A big ass haul for my brother.

A P&S camera for my bro, so I can steal his sony h10. I took all these photos with this one, and they seem pretty nice for such a low priced camera. :D

A qck+ big ass mousepad.

Steelseries Siberia headset.

A bunch of great blu-rays.

And, the product most difficult to bring back home without spilling it on the way, a cafe mocha from costa coffee.

Kagami

Tranced Shadow said:
Are there any good iTunes-like services for J-Pop that sell to English-speaking customers (I'm in the UK)? Would love to buy some anime OP/EDs...
There's not much with English interfaces I don't think. Just what little is on English iTunes and JapanFiles.com.

Musico.jp doesn't have any English text but accepts foreign credit cards and IP addresses with no issue, and has the main full Japanese catalog that most Japanese stores have (i.e. everything but Sony, who insist on being on their own IP address-restricted service). Most everything other than Toshiba-EMI label is DRMed WMA, though.

Drame

D23 said:
nice laptop!! i'm getting that same one pretty soon :)
Thanks, hope you enjoy your laptop too.

oatmeal said:
Seems really strange to have the trackpad on the left side like that.

Is it strange?
Not really. So far I have been able to do my web browsing just fine with the trackpad. Actually, I didn't even think about the positioning, it just felt right.

terrdactycalsrock said:
i have two questions for you drame where did you get that laptop? and are you using it to play re5 and if so what settings?
I bought the laptop from a Finnish retailer called Gigantti and yes, I do use this laptop to play RE5.

Settings:

720p
DX10
V-Sync: On
Framerate: locked at 60, but it usually stays at 35-50 frames. No dips below 30 frames so far.
AA: 2x
Motion Blur: On
Shadow Detail: High
Texture Detail: High
Overall Quality: High

Considering that this is not an "gaming laptop" as far as I understand. The performance has been great.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Drame said:
Considering that this is not an "gaming laptop" as far as I understand. The performance has been great.
I have the same config on a Sony laptop (430m/HD5650) and it really is the best thing I've ever had so far on the electronic side. It runs everything you throw at it without dipping below 30 fps on medium-high settings if you turn all the fancy stuff on. Even runs PCSX2 and Dolphin really well.

One thing tho, mine won't last more than 2 hours whatever I'm doing, the dude at the store said that was the reason for it being so cheap. How long does yours last?

Flek

Banned
Azure Phoenix said:
I'm guessing the answer is no, but the German release doesn't happen to have English subtitles or voices does it? I'm growing weary of waiting for it to be released in the UK or another English speaking country.

unfortunatly not … its German and Japanese only, german subs too. But i guess you can find eng. subs online…i used to do this with japan dvds back in the days :D

Top Bottom