• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

AllGamer

Scott%20Pilgrim.jpg

:D

Well this happened in May, but I didn't get the pictures (all 640 of them) from my photographer (who edited them all, what a nut!) till yesterday...

KristieMatthew224of640.jpg

Pickup of forever! :D

Mattlikewhoa said:
Well this happened in May, but I didn't get the pictures (all 640 of them) from my photographer (who edited them all, what a nut!) till yesterday...

KristieMatthew224of640.jpg

Amazing, looks like a beautiful wedding, congrats! I just got engaged about a month ago, I hope our wedding can look as half as nice as yours!

Mattlikewhoa said:

sweet dome dude must have cost a pretty penny

ngower said:
They're my first pair of Nikes (or anything besides Adidas) ever. I've heard they have durability issues (outside stud right under your pinky toe can snap allegedly). How have they held up for you?

I got that blue and white pair SG Laser to use with my Vapor III FGs (which are still fabulous after all these years). I'm not sure about the studs going given the different type, but I'd watch out more for the outer lacing ripping. It hasn't happened (touch wood) and I'm pretty wide footed, but that side seems to jut out a bit.

Also, after using Vapors for years, the toebox is pretty huge :lol

LiK said:
man, now that iPhone 4 aint coming to Verizon. i'm gojng for the Incredible soon.

Don't worry about it. I am about to ditch my 3G. The service fee wise is punitive. For the same price as my wife & my service, we could have everything with another carrier and two additional lines.

brentech

june_01.jpg

june_02.jpg

After putting a few hours into it and realizing how horribly made the 'improved' career mode was, I promptly traded the UFC game back in. I find it hard to believe that EA can get much better with a sport that is so random and anything can happen, but I'd love to see it happen.
At least their career portion should be better, but control wise, I'm interested to see what they're capable of.

Hinomura

Oh là là from Canada!

2cxzuwx.jpg

j7z440.jpg

2rqzn6d.jpg

Got a few games on PSN (Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Fieldrunners, Beats, DJ Max Fever, What did I do to deserve this my lord!?, Tetris), and Metro 2033 on Steam (Weekend Deal, 17.49€)

Hardware considerations
Second PSP I own. I'm going to use this one with Official Firmware, while keeping Custom Firmware on the old one (PSP 1000 from Japan).

Pro/Cons about new console vs old one matured in a little time:

+ Lighter/Smaller
+ Digital Pad more comfortable
+ UMD seems faster and quieter
+ Charging via USB
+ Overall quicker response feeling

- Overall plastic toy / cheaper hardware feeling
- Screen seems worse: scanlines everywhere
- Seems more fragile

To test the new hardware I've tried DJ Max Fever (for reference, I own DJ Max P 1, 2, CQ and BS, and most BS songs got 96%+ ratio / 0 misses). To overcome PSP 1000 digital pad I had applied Capcom adhesive pad over it.

While testing, I had some troubles making quarter circle movements both with pad and keys, but it seems I've to find a slightly different approach to get better results; since PSP1000 pad and keys are duller, I might get used to the new console probably having few efforts too while playing.

Holy shit MGS PSP is nice. The grey one a few posts up almost looks like one of those old see-through consoles they used to make. Man.. Why did they stop making those?

drkOne

Asparagus said:
Some new Manga I'm trying out.
24cz9mb.jpg
Great taste! MPD Psycho is really good. And I've been meaning to check out Biomega.
XS intrigues me now, maybe I'll get the first volume to see how it is.

G Shock G6900-GR, G-shock's eco friendly green collection. Didn't like the color when I saw it on a magazine but in person damn its nice. Nice colorful watch for the summer.
14e9i5u.jpg

2hpnk1y.jpg

peace walker
21cftpw.jpg

Nike SC Trainer 2010-size 13(I'm a size 12 but Nike hates people with wide feet so I just go 1 size up)
1jua2h.jpg

Shadow780

Went to both Uniqlo signing and the Best Buy event, pretty awesome, tired as hell right now, get to shake Kojima's hand TWICE. :D

Unfortunately my iPhone craps out so I didn't take any Kojima pics, but I'm sure people who went to that event will post a lot more, or just follow him on twitter, he's been twitting all day~

http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo

First some PW crap:

2hn6z44.jpg

This guy cracks me up :lol

25z7dw9.jpg

1oxen5.jpg

Inside:

rtj12p.jpg

Shinogu (sup! nice meeting ya!) told me he worked on MGS3

sb0f15.jpg

And of course, THE MAIN REASON I WENT, best Kojipro franchise bitches! :

2u97k74.jpg

Shinkawa didn't come so that was a slight disappointment, European gets lucky this time :(

Cels

Shadow780 said:
Went to both Uniqlo signing and the Best Buy event, pretty awesome, tired as hell right now, get to shake Kojima's hand TWICE. :D

Unfortunately my iPhone craps out so I didn't take any Kojima pics, but I'm sure people who went to that event will post a lot more, or just follow him on twitter, he's been twitting all day~

MGS PICS

Shinkawa didn't come so that was a slight disappointment, European gets lucky this time :(

man i am jealous

JEKKI

I finally returned to my parents house after 5 long weeks!! and what is waiting for me there???

2iw5yxy.jpg

pickups!!!

sv2xhf.jpg

I bought Trauma Team day 1... only now I FINALLY get to have it!!

k1cqx2.jpg

sum non games coz those are cool too!!

2s6m3w9.jpg

shirts! whooo!

btw, I regret not buying the limited edition Peace Walker ;_;

LiK

STUFF!

Capcom artbooks (hardcover versions) - love love love
SF-DS-books.jpg

Games and movies
games-2.jpg

MGS-PW.jpg

life-zombie-BD.jpg

Second 360 - the final component for my video project. also Points and Gold card.
2nd360.jpg

also, alot of figs this month. my otakuness is coming back to me. got a few more on the way thanks to HLJ's recent free shipping sale ^^;;

Degenki mags - never bought these before. didn't expect such naughtiness in them :lol
degenki.jpg

elf-velvet-fig.jpg

shiva-fig.jpg

layton-fig.jpg

DK-fig.jpg

and a Layton mug
layton-mug.jpg

Now that I think of it, we should've had a GAF meetup at Uniqlo yesterday.

I picked up 2 shirts, but didn't wait to meet him. I just walked in and out.

MarshMellow96 said:
Holy shit MGS PSP is nice. The grey one a few posts up almost looks like one of those old see-through consoles they used to make. Man.. Why did they stop making those?

That's just a white silicon case covering the camo green Big Boss Edition PSP...

Mercutio

I eventually got an iPad at the beginning of this month. Went for the 64 GB 3G version, because I'm relatively sure it's the closest thing I can get to a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME YOU HAVEN'T CONSIDERED IT FOR THE SAME REASONS.

Erm.

Anyway, I also sprang for the super nice templebags.com canvas / leather case. The case you put on the iPad really defines how you use it; and this one is super comfortable to hold in a variety of positions and can be set up like a tent by connecting the leather straps when it is open at an obtuse angle. You can see more of that sort of thing on their website.

What's really cool is that everything other than the leather is re-claimed WWII material: the green was one duffel bags and the elastic (which is still super strong) used to be suspenders.

Here she be:

caseShut.jpg

And open:

caseOpen.jpg

Also, this isn't really NEW per se, but the signature is. Got Kojima to sign my PSP Go at the NYC SoHo event!

kojimaSig.jpg

Aside from the Hawks finally winning the Cup! (Wings fan but I cheer for the division as well =P)

My pick up of the year so far, I love this thing, I just need a HORI screen cover now- damn Gamestop one is terrible.
msoc9h.jpg

With the purchase of another PSP I kind of picked up a lot of titles I've been meaning too over the years. Such great games, especially Peace Walker-amazing experience!
rmk580.jpg

And some PS3 love.
1449n4k.jpg

Shadow780 said:
This guy cracks me up :lol

25z7dw9.jpg

I was stuffing my mouth full of three cupcakes, as I was strolling through this thread. When I came to this picture I deepthroated myself with the cupcakes. Only bits of it, landed on the surface of my Imac and keyboard.

I would have gotten angry as I almost got choked, but god that is awesome!

301omkp.jpg

2n8yfsy.jpg

28aixs3.jpg

2reirew.jpg

- Speed Racer on Blu-ray
- Hurt Lock on Blu-ray
- Constantine on DVD
- Wednesday Comics Hardcover
- 52 volume 1 Trade Paperback
- Goon volume 4 Trade Paperback
- Green Day: Rock Band Plus for 360
- Mic stand

Stop It said:
:lol :lol

It's garish, far too big for my needs and is quite frankly more than a little silly. I love it!

A couple of pictures of the thing during its "test flight"

Fly1.jpg

Fly2.jpg

Best pick up of the year for me so far.

Edit: And yes, before anyone asks, I am going to need a new PC desk, this does not fit at all well.

That has to be hella loud

Vigilant Walrus said:
I was stuffing my mouth full of three cupcakes, as I was strolling through this thread. When I came to this picture I deepthroated myself with the cupcakes. Only bits of it, landed on the surface of my Imac and keyboard.

lol you said imac

neoism

Vigilant Walrus said:

:lol

Top Bottom