• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

teeny

I was reading that Heroes of Ruin is pretty bad...But I'm still very curious what you think teeny. I'd like to pick it up when it releases stateside.

I wouldnt say it was really bad, just very average and generic. The gameplay is a bit repetetive, the combat doesnt have much depth, the graphics are just about good enough, the art design is pretty uninspired and the music is alright.

The game has a lot of features, though - spotpass functionality, online and local coop (though I understand the framerate takes a dive during online play. So far, Ive only played solo), new weekly and daily quests.

Im having fun with it, though regret picking it up at launch. I cannot honestly recommend picking it up unless your tolerance for mediocrity is high and you really need a loot collecting arpg for the 3ds. If your curious, I would wait a while after launch when the price has dropped and you dont have much else to play.

Lucent

The mother figures were from a crane style prize machine in japan. You had to try and win them in the arcade or buy them from a toy trading store. There are a ton of them on ebay, but they are getting pretty pricy now.

That sucks. =/ I'd really like to have those standing around on the desk. lol

Yes Boss!

I'll just leave these here

aRIL5.jpg

amazing looking!

gonna hold out for the cheaper NA release.

Chopper

A bunch of retro games, some of them weren't released in Europe:

48 euros in total, being WarioWare the most expensive one (20).
Nice hoard. My Twisted isn't boxed, but my Tengoku is. :)
Trying to find a decently priced copy of Tilt and Tumble as we speak. Did you just ebay it?

gerudoman

Nice hoard. My Twisted isn't boxed, but my Tengoku is. :)
Trying to find a decently priced copy of Tilt and Tumble as we speak. Did you just ebay it?

No, I've just been lucky with the GB games, I found a guy selling them in a local forum so I didn't have to use eBay, in which I still haven't bought anything. Unfortunately, Kirby Tilt N'Tumble was supposed to come with the manual but it didn't, apparently the seller forgot to include it and is going to send it too.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Shadow of the Ninja (complete nes), Space Megaforce (complete snes)
ninjamegaforce.jpg

Saturn: Dark Savior, Mansion of Hidden Souls
darkmansion.jpg

and stoked for this one got it for $30 instead of the $50+ it goes for
Cannon Spike (DC)
cannonspike.jpg

jrP7AgqeqsiU4.jpg
jJGwvzVJwRTij.jpg

ivVOccMwY2hfL.jpg

iFcB7PmHSAwVN.jpg
iplEKM6XTAikI.jpg

ipsBEY7C7M4e1.jpg
i5Cl4wFWJHYrx.jpg

izRkKIf8ESPmt.jpg
i0uzeqtA4aYDJ.jpg

inusgkN5Jjc9G.jpg

iblEAbsueezLuK.jpg

Got my Playstation Plus subscription... And of course, loads of free games

iy5AeRRwoSU9P.jpg
ifS6XpBprpJGQ.jpg

ifmKgkHA9nwbr.jpg
i0poh2Q6x96U8.jpg

ioHoFsU5Odhbw.jpg

And I got tickets to see Animal Collective in November!

jgwCXcQGCBKhO.png

I also just put a deposit down for a house in London (New Cross). Moving in in September :D

Hawthorns

Paid a total of £12.26 for the three seasons of Avatar. Amazon dropped the price on them all at the same time, luckily I had them all on a price watch and bought them immediately.

Also bought Josh Osho's album as you might be able to make out in the background of the first picture.

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

SW20

Britax B-Agile Stroller
7463452414_4b16ca3f93_z.jpg

Danier Wallet
7463427892_9ff4c853b5_z.jpg

Danier Tote Bag
7463430418_b717df6978_z.jpg

The Italian Job
7463446304_c4fcc44038_z.jpg

Return Fire
7463449234_23e6966e6d_z.jpg

Deus EX
7463433064_e9820f55ca_z.jpg

Metal Gear Solid
7463441364_5fc15db925_z.jpg

Purple 3DS
7463437498_9e3babebc2_z.jpg

Resident Evil Revelations
7463439286_d0d24de002_z.jpg

PSP Vita
7463435266_f2acf701cf_z.jpg

8GB Memory Card
7463443892_ef307a7bbb_z.jpg

Cypher

Portable RPG goodness, vertically-challenged soldiers, and brick-sized heroes!

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (DS)
Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City (DS)

DSC03953.jpg

Inversion (360)
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360)

DSC03957.jpg

smr00

Banned
I picked this up with Ocarina of Time!. I didn't want to wait for the 3DS XL :(

411860_406124496096712_1622948911_o.jpg
I wanted to wait for a XL but since nothing was mentioned at E3 i went and picked up the purple 3DS the day after the 3ds conference.

I have to admit when i first bought the purple 3DS i thought it was going to look too purple (if that makes sense) but when i opened it, it looked fucking gorgeous. I regretted buying it for a few days after the XL was announced but realized that XL is not practical to take anywhere unless it's on vacation so that's how i am justifying owning both XL and this one lol.

grats on the 3DS, i friggin love mine.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I wanted to wait for a XL but since nothing was mentioned at E3 i went and picked up the purple 3DS the day after the 3ds conference.

I have to admit when i first bought the purple 3DS i thought it was going to look too purple (if that makes sense) but when i opened it, it looked fucking gorgeous. I regretted buying it for a few days after the XL was announced but realized that XL is not practical to take anywhere unless it's on vacation so that's how i am justifying owning both XL and this one lol.

grats on the 3DS, i friggin love mine.

I was in the same boat as you. The shade is freakin' awesome. I like how the purple fades into a darker shade near the cameras on the top. I thought it would be a candy colored bright purple. I never owned a DS before and one after of having the 3DS I can't put it down. I needed one for a flight to keep me busy; the XL just seems too big in those cramped seats lol that big screen though looks tempting.

Not the DSi XL, just the game. Heard a lot about Contact through the years but have never set eyes on a copy before today. And it was cheap as hell too. About $4.50. Had to scoop it up.

Xd4mO.jpg

Acrylic7

Not the DSi XL, just the game. Heard a lot about Contact through the years but have never set eyes on a copy before today. And it was cheap as hell too. About $4.50. Had to scoop it up.

Xd4mO.jpg

crazy,I just got Contact a few days ago because I heard some good things from gaf as well. Only copy I had ever seen in the wild, I ended up paying $12.

Only played it for 5 mins, but I really liked it. The style is very cool. If only I didn't have all this work to do.

Misterhbk

It destroys hope of ever having Lufia ever again. It's some god awful action RPG. Well maybe it's a recent action RPG, but it's not Lufia!!

Welp, nvm then. Was gonna pick this up in August with the rest of my DS haul when the 3DS XL comes out but now I won't. Ugh, why do devs do this?

Jono

Neo Member
Haven't posted much since I signed up. Decided to finally stop lurking!

yFMMZl.jpg

Been a while since I bought some print media & since I'm sick at the moment I thought why not.

D5OqDl.jpg

Some games. Asura's Wrath was $36 at EB. So whats that about 7 an hour?
The other 2 were from JB Hi-Fi. Can never resist 20% off..

skQEhl.jpg

And finally some candy :)

coughlanio

FceUl.jpg

Didn't spend much this month:

Galaxy S III = Free
Heroes of Ruin = €45 (Most expensive 3DS game I've seen at retail)
Rayman Origins = €25
Sonic Generations = €10
Tetris = €10

coughlanio

Who is the silver figure in the front? These kinds of pictures bring me back <3

Also, did the SIII just come out? Couple people have posted their pickups in this thread!

It's the MK1 Iron Man.

And yeah, just posted mine above, came out start of the month.

haikira

Pick ups for the month. Probably going to turn the PSN card into the Metal Gear collection for vita and put the leftover towards MotorStorm Apocalypse.

5s3OA.jpg

aAKYC.jpg

Yes Boss!

Pulstar on VC. One more of the 150 reasons I love VC:

cf623758.jpg

And connected it trough the upscaler with simple component and no tweaks and the image just blows me away:

ec998d98.jpg

Top Bottom