• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mangotron

It's been awhile since I've posted!

Retail, Nikestore.com- still can't really believe it.
ykdAk.jpg

Wow, pickup of the thread.

jbueno

Yes. Yes it is. It's immaculate. Look at it!

ABfEC.jpg

That looks lovely. How much did it set you back? I´m looking at a complete one in a local auction site, but it doesn´t look nearly as good as yours and they´re asking about $100 USD which seems kind of overpriced.

Canti

My first birthday alone since moving cross country *world's tiniest violin. Decided to head into the city and buy some goodies:

oIfVm.jpg

Bleach vol 33-35
SSX
Hellboy 2 Blu
Graphite sketch set and pad
Lollipop Chainsaw (not today but recently)

ubBGH.jpg

KFC Wicked Zinger Meal

Bonus:

HL8mB.jpg

Greetings from the sunny sunny UK to all Olympic tourists :lol Apologies for terrible phone pics.

Not pictured - day off work :D

Finallly got Pushmo, love it:

jbTOrhESECof9.jpg

Kirby's Block Ball

jMBvUbLGWMcwv.jpg

Sweet old school Pac Man "Nom nom nom" shirt with vintage style fading, 9.99 at Target

jgBei9WX8uEIR.jpg

Club Nintendo SMB Sprite Collection shirt:

Super Mario Galaxy mystery egg figures, 3.99 at Target I was surprised that they sold these here, thought they were import only. These were the last two left, Bowser and Peach, score!

jdHsKPl98F9nE.jpg

jbjwllh9EzD9XK.jpg

jbbq7cGmKJj7kb.jpg

My brand new Ness figure from the Banpresto Mother 2/Earthbound "large" figure collection. These are VERY high quality figures:

(If you want to see pics of my Jeff figure from the same line which I got last month, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38373418&postcount=285 )

jzoCSqGLHVS4g.jpg

jLvhDTvEhpAKA.jpg

Hieberrr

Picked up a used 3DS for $125 (although there are a few scuffs on the top and bottom, but the inside is PERFECT).

The scuffs kind of bother me, so I just ordered these:
sku_56656_1.jpg

To get rid of those damn scuffs (or at least hide them) and to give the 3Ds a matte finish.
sku_56719_1.jpg

I always get screen protectors for everything I own.

robot

No idea if the game turned out to be good or not, but I decided to get Gunlord for Dreamcast.

7RLky.jpg

Oooooh let me know how it is, I was planning on picking it up. Looked pretty cool, but wasn't too crazy about Last Hope and Fast Striker to be honest.

AndyboyH

Neo Member
My first pick-up post!

Bought myself to a new Ipad this month to replace my original one - really impressed with the retina display :D
photo1pg.jpg

New games so far this month - Pikmin 2 was a lucky find, it's getting pretty rare here in the UK -
photo2as.jpg

photo3kpe.jpg

photo4aq.jpg

Bought my first t-shirt order from WeLoveFine - love the shirts, the UK shipping isn't pretty though!
photo21tvx.jpg

A new pony to feed my wife's habit -
photo5fz.jpg

Some nice new figures - the figure cabinets need a bit of a reshuffle though, they're getting full! Really happy with the detail on these two figures though
photo31q.jpg

photo41mz.jpg

MilkLizard

New iPad to replace my 1st gen device which became laggy as hell

Pokemon Greenleaf Edition. I was in the mood for some classic Pokemon and found the loose cartridge for cheap.

Last but not least a few more games and a movie

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Got tired of not being at the mercy of localization companies bringing games over, so I finally decided to fight the power:

scaled.php

Fuckin'... I bought Japanese for Busy People 1 a decade ago, but I never stuck with it. Picked it up again a week and a half ago, learned hiragana and katakana properly, and blew through the whole thing. Now for the part that sucks.... hopefully I'll stick with it.

Gotz to play my hentai games, yo!

StayDead

You might want to focus on grammar before you move onto Kanji. I've been self teaching myself for three years and after learning Hiragana/Katakana I thought the best thing to focus on was grammar, I started on Kanji about 8 months after starting. Then again, everyone learns differently so it depends on how you prefer learning. I just found Kanji really confusing when I first started. :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You might want to focus on grammar before you move onto Kanji. I've been self teaching myself for three years and after learning Hiragana/Katakana I thought the best thing to focus on was grammar, I started on Kanji about 8 months after starting. Then again, everyone learns differently so it depends on how you prefer learning. I just found Kanji really confusing when I first started. :p

That's why I picked up both the kanji thing and the JFBP books. Get a little of both. I'm just trying to pick up some simple kanji right now, just to get the general idea.

But yeah, it seemed like a decent summer project. And I'm going into my last year of law school this fall, which means I actually have a lot of free time to continue to build on this stuff. Because I don't need to give a fuck anymore. Or even pretend to. And I've wanted to learn the language for so long that I figure this is something that I really will stick with.

DryvBy

Here's some of the junk I picked up.

I bought Starhawk too, but it's not in yet. Even though I bought all these game, last week I played Armada on Dreamcast with a few friends and beat it.
JrPkL.jpg

One movie I bought that I find worthy of mentioning.
jaPBR.jpg

I bought the Diablo 3 Collector's Edition last month and then my wife got me a Jake to go with the skull.
Xkzwy.jpg

hayguyz

Banned
"NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!"

Stop posting shoes and weeaboo dolls

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
"NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!"

Stop posting shoes and weeaboo dolls

OP posted LEGO. I see no problem with this.

E: I'm glad I wasn't at fault for posting my Gunpla nor others for sweet shoes, toys, and movies. <3

RkOwnage

been slow on the pick ups this month because I am planning a move, that I showed off already! (Pics of the actual apartment in the July pickup thread! :) )

In the middle is the Samsung LED Slim TV Mount, can't wait to mount the TV on the wall!

Chronicle
Safe House
21 Jump Street
Breaking Bad Season 4

Top Bottom