• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Crappy cellphone pics ahoy!

Finally picked up a Vita! Currently, I'm playing a lot of the great PSP games that I missed. Can't wait for Gravity Rush and, of course, P4G in case it wasn't obvious by my lock screen. ;)

Latest issue. I love Spaziante's artwork. He is very good at matching Inafune's original designs while adding his own touches.

TheDanger

Banned
My wife and friends conspired to give this to me for my 50th birthday a few days back...

5qjM0.jpg

yPOxQ.jpg

Do you actually have to insert coins to play or can you set it to free play if yo know the password (or something like that) ?

Lucent

Finally picked up a Vita! Currently, I'm playing a lot of the great PSP games that I missed. Can't wait for Gravity Rush and, of course, P4G in case it wasn't obvious by my lock screen. ;)

Latest issue. I love Spaziante's artwork. He is very good at matching Inafune's original designs while adding his own touches.

I'm waiting to get a Vita for those two games exactly. lol. Not sure if I want the Crystal White Vita or not. I guess either one would get dirty just as easily. hmmm...

Also, I'd love to have that image on your lock screen. =D

Bukana

Congrats and welcome to the club :D
I NEED that lock screen.

Ugh I'm already over finishing my basement...

Materials...
DSC_0710.jpg

Gang boxes, electrical wiring, screws, clips, etc...

More materials...
DSC_0734.jpg

Boxes for the pot lights and pot lights...

And this thing...

DSC_0744.jpg

So that I don't have any moisture issues...

Zornica

Banned
Picked up my new n64 yesterday. It was brandnew and still factory sealed... somehow I feel bad now for breaking that seal. maybe I should kick myself for doing that :7

got command&conquer for free too

Good to know, I missed out on the Space Jams. I was going to buy a pair of Spizikes but I never really got around to heading into the city to hit up the good shops. Since people are not killing themselves to get a pair, I might just cop a set!

I heard on the news last night that a pre production pair sold for $30K on eBay...That shit's cray!

I heard a kid got held at gunpoint for his pair yesterday. And the lines for it were ridiculous and the Nike store controversy. Seriously, they're manufacturing these things in limited quantities but are failing to prevent reseller hoarding or their site from crashing.

It would make sense to make a second batch, but that would defeat the allure of them being limited, sought after or special (despite them giving out for free to rappers and entertainers).

I heard a kid got held at gunpoint for his pair yesterday. And the lines for it were ridiculous and the Nike store controversy. Seriously, they're manufacturing these things in limited quantities but are failing to prevent reseller hoarding or their site from crashing.

It would make sense to make a second batch, but that would defeat the allure of them being limited, sought after or special (despite them giving out for free to rappers and entertainers).

The funny part is they do make a ton of pairs. It really is all about marketing and publicity w/ the shoes. I think the Concord release left a bad taste in Nike's mouth as they don't even do midnight releases anymore (8am East Coast) and that was due to folks camping and killing their online servers.

If you look at the last couple big releases (cement IV's , concords and playoff XII's) they all got restocked at online retailers twice after the initial release...
Just people acting crazy is all.

pickupsjune12.jpg

Warhammer Tomb Kings book, battalion, Tomb King and Liche Priest.
Warhammer 40K Ork Bommer (awesome kit!)
Charles Stross Rule 34 novel
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood part 2 on Blu-Ray
The IT Crowd season 4.0
Rebought some old MD games I lost over the years... Mega Games 3, Ristar and Soliel.

Been a while since I posted pickups, so :p

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Finally got me one of these babies:
358326e2b31111e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

(Apologies, that is an Instagram picture)

eXistor

Just got a Galaxy 8.9 this week also. It was a carrier branded machine, loaded with Android 3.1 and tons of junk installed by the carrier. It run really slow, specially because of version 3.1 and all that junk.

First thing I did was to install a clean image from Samsung with Android 3.2.

Now that baby really flies compared to the old configuration.

That's good to know, most of the shit on there I can't even delete, because it won't let me. I'll definitely look into this, thanks.

bPod

Got a bonus from work; my first bonus after being with the company for 4 years. Yay!

A great chuck of it went to the principle of the mortgage - being a responsible adult sucks!

IMG_1630.jpg

Used it a few times already. Mmm...tasty!

IMG_1640.jpg

Decided to retire my old wallet; upgrade drastically

IMG_1634.jpg

I said no, but I quickly changed my mind when I saw the Ninja

IMG_1646.jpg

Treated myself to a few new games

IMG_1643.jpg

My boss generously donated his old clubs to me; I wanted to pick up the game
I already embarrassed myself on the driving range

thebeeks

Banned
pickupsjune12.jpg

Warhammer Tomb Kings book, battalion, Tomb King and Liche Priest.
Warhammer 40K Ork Bommer (awesome kit!)
Charles Stross Rule 34 novel
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood part 2 on Blu-Ray
The IT Crowd season 4.0
Rebought some old MD games I lost over the years... Mega Games 3, Ristar and Soliel.

Been a while since I posted pickups, so :p

The Orks got a plane? Man, I'm so out of the loop. Played my first game of 40k today in about two years. Looks awesome, I'm gonna have to pick that thing up.

Dimorphic

My first post in this thread and I'm pretty happy with my pickups (iPhone picture incoming);

New South Wales Rugby League State of Origin jersey that my girlfriend bought my today for our anniversary. For anyone who doesn't know what Origin is you should watch the game. It's on Wednesday night in Australia.

Resistance Burning Skies for Vita, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Bluray and the Diablo III strat guide. I don't really use it as a strat guide I just love reading them, I buy them for most big game releases.

nny

New Sigur Rós album + shirt and Botanicula soundtrack

DSC07774.jpg

The soundtrack came with some prints:

DSC07777.jpg

Got me one of them pad thingies:

DSC07764.jpg

...and (reposting from the LEGO thread) I completed my Fire Brigade; here it is next to its new neighbors:

DSC07740.jpg

DSC07744.jpg

Zoomed-out view:

DSC07755.jpg

;P

My first post in this thread and I'm pretty happy with my pickups (iPhone picture incoming);

New South Wales Rugby League State of Origin jersey that my girlfriend bought my today for our anniversary. For anyone who doesn't know what Origin is you should watch the game. It's on Wednesday night in Australia.

GO BLUES!!!!
gotta win this one!!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
LBP2 is offered with PS+, I hope you didn't plan to get it.

Unfortunately I did, but the package was the PS3+ 1 of 4 games, LBP2 being the only one I actually wanted/hadn't already played.

Yes Boss!

Collected my mail. Most of my stuff went tp California...but Mario Tennis 3DS was here in europe. Should be a cool game.

Can't wait for Gravity Rush tomorrow...the demo was so cool. Vita purchase worth it!

ffb8c5a3.jpg

Man I don't have pics but I bought 2 new LED TVS: a 1080p 32 in 60hz for the bedroom and a 46 in 240hz for the living room/Kitchen/ great room. Oh, and other PS3.....I'll post pics later.

Zwei

Custom Journey painting I ordered month ago, first look here :

Finaly got it (under plexiglass frame, and protection film warp, sorry... Details and close up after it traveled back around the world and hanged on a wall), MBP 13" for size comparaison

:O

That is fucking awesome!

eXistor

Just played for a bit and it is amazing. It manages to set such a unique vibe from the get-go and the universe seems really interesting as well. Can't wait to dive in deeper.

ph7zx.jpg

Tempting, but I just can't justify 2 grand on a laptop, when I know I'd still use my desktop more.

I travel quite a bit and with me winding down my studies - I think this lighter weight 15" is going to fit the mold I need in my house...even though I know this MBP is just a precursor to what Apple is going to migrate to.

I actually cancelled that order because student discount is $50 cheaper w/ the $100 app card

plc268

I travel quite a bit and with me winding down my studies - I think this lighter weight 15" is going to fit the mold I need in my house...even though I know this MBP is just a precursor to what Apple is going to migrate to.

I actually cancelled that order because student discount is $50 cheaper w/ the $100 app card

It's a hell of a machine for the size... and DAT display!

Too bad almost all my computing is done at home or an ipad.

Top Bottom