• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

AlfaTrion

Picked up the Starscream Ghost version Masterpiece on clearance from Toys R Us for $40 (down from $280!)

2231043-20120609_020951___copy.jpg

*head explodes*

they sell japanese toys at your toys r us? AND IT WENT DOWN TO FOURTY?

More than a few of these are very old pick-ups but the framing was all done this month. I just finished putting these up actually; it's nice to have them out of the closet. Now I need to patch up the drywall holes from my many errors.

I also purchased a 64GB iPad 3 and a Dodocase but I don't have a picture.

edit: It occurs to me that the Studio Ghibli replica cels were pre-framed so I guess the only thing new about them is that I hung them up.

Blunt

Banned
*head explodes*

they sell japanese toys at your toys r us? AND IT WENT DOWN TO FOURTY?

They get the usual Hasbro muck in but for some reason they've had a heap of the Takara Starscream MP's in for years but nobody bought them because they were very expensive and kids today don't know about classic Transformers. Pitiful.

Weirdly, the Target in the same shopping complex had a few Japanese Optimus Prime with trailer MP's a year or so back and they cleared them out for rock bottom prices too after years of being ignored on the shelf.

Kobiekun

Really liking it so far. Compared to my XRBG-3 there was zero configuration required to get a perfect image. Tested with Famicom (composite), SNES (RGB), Neo Geo (RGB) and PC-Engine Duo R (RGB) so far; all of them look great.

FramemeisterBox.jpg

Framemeister.jpg

Roubjon

More than a few of these are very old pick-ups but the framing was all done this month. I just finished putting these up actually; it's nice to have them out of the closet. Now I need to patch up the drywall holes from my many errors.

I also purchased a 64GB iPad 3 and a Dodocase but I don't have a picture.

edit: It occurs to me that the Studio Ghibli replica cels were pre-framed so I guess the only thing new about them is that I hung them up.

Nice Olly Moss collection you have there.

Haliela

0608122214.jpg

0608122215.jpg

My new Xbox and games! I also picked up a bunch of arcade titles. <3 it!!!

Lumines is a gem as well XD Great month for me!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I remember it as a kid here (Calgary, and thats a whille ago... :p). Haven't seen it in ages. Seems pretty common down east still though.

Surprising. I don't remember ever seeing it in Edmonton :p

2x2xo.jpg

Diablo III CE: day one purchase. Unfortunately, haven't had the time to play it that much (crushed at work). Only at lvl ~22 so far. But now I'm picking up the pace.

Valkyria Chronicles: heard so many great things about this game I had to buy it. Pretty cheap, too (~10 quid).

FF XIII-2: and I only just begun FF XIII. ;) Still, it was pretty cheap (10 quid), it's still in shink wrap. #backlog

WoW: Cataclysm: now I have everything I need to fully try WoW for 60 days. We'll see how it goes.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition: I have the PC version from day one and played it there but I also got the X360 day one (also, my gf will play it on the X360). Beautiful, "meaty" release. I'll try to go for 1000/1000G. This is one of my favorite games of all time.

+

Batman: Arkham City on Steam sale via GAF trade. Thanks to C_H_T and Cloudius!

Also on Steam: Dear Esther, Hydrophobia Prophecy Commandos Pack, Transformer: War for Cybertron.

Celebrated the news the downloaded games can be transferred from Wii to Wii U by finally getting some VC games.

g8MTz.jpg

Fantasy Zone 2 is trippy! Toooo many colours!

Yes Boss!

Yay! Finally got back to Germany after a very difficult year in the Afghan mountains. Nice to be back home in the Bavarian countryside.

Got an iPod Touch 8 GB solely for Cave games. Even with all the Cave releases to date Installed I've still got 4 GB free. Should be good for a while. And Blissfull death is downloadable!

8c5c2930.jpg

be07c644.jpg

And finally got the cool Alien game for DS

8be8c9fa.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yay! Finally got back to Germany after a very difficult year in the Afghan mountains. Nice to be back home in the Bavarian countryside.

I imagine that's a bit of an upgrade? That's probably the best thing you're gonna get this month.

And you reminded me that I still need to get Aliens: Infestation.

Haliela

Got an iPod Touch 8 GB solely for Cave games. Even with all the Cave releases to date Installed I've still got 4 GB free. Should be good for a while. And Blissfull death is downloadable!

That's friggin' awesome. I may just have to do that myself. Finally gives me a reason to spring for an iPod. How much did those games costs you total?

Yes Boss!

That's friggin' awesome. I may just have to do that myself. Finally gives me a reason to spring for an iPod. How much did those games costs you total?

I dunno, off the top of my head, about $45 total. Very inexpensive. I've probably logged 100 hours on Espgaluda 2 alone, another 50 on DS...good value. IPod was just under $200, so $250 for an awesome little Cave player. I'm not taking it out of the house and only putting the Cave games on it. Kinda for my collection of handhelds. No idea if new Touches are releasing soon but this little white one was class, and the screen is great compared to my 3GS.

eXistor

We got Lollipop Chainsaw in early! Good stuff so far, surprisingly polished. Fucking awesome soundtrack too.

Also got a Galaxy 8.9 Tab. Never thought I'd get one, but I started coming across too many situations where one would be really handy. After using it for a week I can't say I'm too impressed, everything feels so slow and clunky compared to a PC and a lot of websites don't seem to have proper support, which results in crashes. It does the job I suppose, but I expected simple things like watching internet vids to be a bit smoother.

PR5lZ.jpg

We got Lollipop Chainsaw in early! Good stuff so far, surprisingly polished. Fucking awesome soundtrack too.

Also got a Galaxy 8.9 Tab. Never thought I'd get one, but I started coming across too many situations where one would be really handy. After using it for a week I can't say I'm too impressed, everything feels so slow and clunky compared to a PC and a lot of websites don't seem to have proper support, which results in crashes. It does the job I suppose, but I expected simple things like watching internet vids to be a bit smoother.

PR5lZ.jpg

Just got a Galaxy 8.9 this week also. It was a carrier branded machine, loaded with Android 3.1 and tons of junk installed by the carrier. It run really slow, specially because of version 3.1 and all that junk.

First thing I did was to install a clean image from Samsung with Android 3.2.

Now that baby really flies compared to the old configuration.

Ok, where can I get this?

It's a limited edition that can only be found on eBay or poster enthusiast sites like Expresso Beans nowadays. I think some have used high resolution versions of that image floating around out on the internet to do custom print jobs but I'm not sure of the quality of the result.

Must...not...look...for a pair...

Ugh soo good! My friend called me up and asked if I wanted to get in on some...I foolishly declined...

yea this must have been the most toned down release this year. They are still available online as well as in stores, where as all releases have sold out within hours this year (except the black X's)

I think it's 1. the air yeezy's are the shoe for today (eBay auctions are around $2000) and 2. most people who buy Jordan's nowadays do so to resell but haven't been making much money

great shoe - if you can snag it at below retail, the quality is on point!

AlfaTrion

They get the usual Hasbro muck in but for some reason they've had a heap of the Takara Starscream MP's in for years but nobody bought them because they were very expensive and kids today don't know about classic Transformers. Pitiful.

Weirdly, the Target in the same shopping complex had a few Japanese Optimus Prime with trailer MP's a year or so back and they cleared them out for rock bottom prices too after years of being ignored on the shelf.

* Sigh * I never find such great deals let alone Takara stuff! I always have to order mine online and pay ridiculous prices, customs, tax and shipping :(

yea this must have been the most toned down release this year. They are still available online as well as in stores, where as all releases have sold out within hours this year (except the black X's)

I think it's 1. the air yeezy's are the shoe for today (eBay auctions are around $2000) and 2. most people who buy Jordan's nowadays do so to resell but haven't been making much money

So mad at myself. I move to Tampa and didn't bother to find sneaker spots so I missed out on the Lebron Elite MV and AJ 1 KOs.

I was able to get two pair of the military blue IVs.

I'd say they can probably be found in the next day or two. Nikestore actually tweeted they had a full size run on their site and it's taken 6+ hours just to sell out Half the sizes.

The line for these wasn't too bad this morning, but little did I know the Yeezy's were released today. That ish cray. In this reseller market, it's going to be hard to get a pair, especially with them going for $2,000.

AkIRA_22

be07c644.jpg

Welcome back, mate. I hope it wasn't too bad for you over there.

Great game selection, that's worth the price of a touch.

JEKKI

I always thought u're supposed to put Bug Timer to the left of Bug Panic so the icons line up and make a single image.

how come nobody lining it up like that?!?! lol

anywayz!! my last day of E3 swag!! handed to me by the geekbox's Adam Finch himself!!!

fd58fda4b26711e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

those Bethesda paper speakers suck lol. tried using them with my PSP... not as good as PSP speakers. =P

OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD!
Is that an Oswald The Lucky Rabbit Club Disneyland ears for Epic Mickey 2????

Oh SHIT!
Thats the type of merchandise I wanted for the first game. I NEED those ears!
Could you do a better photo of the oswald ears please? :) Would like to see the logo of the Oswald Club.
lol!

MOTHER FUCKING GOD!

Oh SHIT!

what other ways are there to gloriously proclaim obscenities??

MIRACULOUS ASS!

SMOKY DAMN BARBEQUE!

DIAMOND PISS!

H6zLI.jpg

they're actually custom made to have words stitched onto the other side!!

so on the back is says JEKKI lol

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Lots of Lego and games and more this week.

Seen MIB 3 with the family and decided we needed the other 2 in the collection on blu-ray at $10 each bargain. One of my best mates and his misses got back from Thailand with a bling Rolex :)

Loving the Lego at the moment so had to have Joker & Iron Man I'll get Batman & the rest soon and more Minifigs as they are so addictive.

Finally picked up Doctor Lautrec and The Forgotten knights and Marvel uDraw for me and the boy and Ghost Recon was a steal so I'll give it a bash.

Really liking it so far. Compared to my XRBG-3 there was zero configuration required to get a perfect image. Tested with Famicom (composite), SNES (RGB), Neo Geo (RGB) and PC-Engine Duo R (RGB) so far; all of them look great.

FramemeisterBox.jpg

Framemeister.jpg

The more impressions on this the better. Really interested in getting one for my nes/Snes/N64

Good to know, I missed out on the Space Jams. I was going to buy a pair of Spizikes but I never really got around to heading into the city to hit up the good shops. Since people are not killing themselves to get a pair, I might just cop a set!

So mad at myself. I move to Tampa and didn't bother to find sneaker spots so I missed out on the Lebron Elite MV and AJ 1 KOs.

I was able to get two pair of the military blue IVs.

I'd say they can probably be found in the next day or two. Nikestore actually tweeted they had a full size run on their site and it's taken 6+ hours just to sell out Half the sizes.

The line for these wasn't too bad this morning, but little did I know the Yeezy's were released today. That ish cray. In this reseller market, it's going to be hard to get a pair, especially with them going for $2,000.

I heard on the news last night that a pre production pair sold for $30K on eBay...That shit's cray!

Top Bottom