• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou soundtrack arrived!

ayczZl.jpg

6FgKpl.jpg

DIthel.jpg

nuThWl.jpg

Rage was $10 on Amazon so decided to grab it. Also needed some new headphones so I got the cheaper Sony XB300's. They sound pretty good and have really nice base to them.
newstuff7e7bq.jpg

Amagon

Rage was $10 on Amazon so decided to grab it. Also needed some new headphones so I got the cheaper Sony XB300's. They sound pretty good and have really nice base to them.
newstuff7e7bq.jpg

I picked up the Sony XB700 (used, like new) and the bass is not that great tbh. I don't know if the model is defective or need a amp to drive the headphones. Only using my laptop and Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS for audio sources right now. But I'm kind of disappointed of the lack of bass on them. Soundstage is good but idk.

Beats

Bought some blu rays. :)

051shye6.png

Got a few that interested me from the blu ray recommendation threads in the OT along with the recent Studio Ghibli releases.

Gameboy415

I got my Property Tax paid off so I can finally buy some new stuff! Woo!

1206-Games1.jpg

Found these at Goodwill on Tuesday:
GBC - Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - Only $1.99!!
PC - Blade Runner - complete and in great condition!
PS2 - 18-Wheeler Pro Trucker - Still sealed!
PS1 - Marvel Super Heroes - complete and only $1.99!!

Got these at Target today:
Blu-Ray - John Carter 3D - got it cheap with a DMR coupon
Wii - Santa Claus is Coming to Town - I loved the movie as a kid and for ~$4 why not? Looks like a decent platformer in YouTube videos.

Saw Radiohead for the first time last night at Blossom (Cleveland-area) and grabbed a super expensive t-shirt:

7349410712_b4d97bd6e3_c.jpg

Beautiful night for an outdoor concert and the set list was pretty epic:

01 Bloom
02 15 Step
03 Kid A
04 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
05 Staircase
06 I Might Be Wrong
07 The Gloaming
08 Separator
09 Like Spinning Plates (tour debut)
10 Morning Mr Magpie
11 Climbing Up The Walls
12 Identikit
13 Lotus Flower
14 There There
15 Feral
16 Idioteque
——
17 House Of Cards
18 Myxomatosis
19 Supercollider
20 Reckoner
——
21 Give Up The Ghost
22 Exit Music (for a film)
23 Paranoid Android

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, so I'll be posting stuff from a few months prior, along with more recent purchases.

My baby of a portrait lens, the Sigma 30mm 1.4
O1MNu.jpg

A Canon flash which I surprisingly use mostly in the daytime
OyZwm.jpg

Battery grip for my T3i. This thing is awesome!
vujrs.jpg

A new memory card because my old ADATA one was pissing me off with how slow it was. I went for overkill, to compensate
G1Y7u.jpg

The new iPad. Got in on launch but as I said, neglect.
RVPKz.jpg

And finally a 256GB SSD & 8GB RAM upgrade for my early 2011 MBP. Before? Awesome. Now? Beasting!
Rqtn2.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
mailgooglecom-1.jpg

Microsoft wireless racing wheel
The Passage of Power by Robert Caro
Capital by John Lanchester

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, so I'll be posting stuff from a few months prior, along with more recent purchases.

And finally a 256GB SSD & 8GB RAM upgrade for my early 2011 MBP. Before? Awesome. Now? Beasting!
Rqtn2.jpg

Do you do any work with Adobe Premiere or other video editing? Notice any major performance changes?

Seeing as how the WWDC is coming up, i got these great deals from friends who need to have the latest and greatest.

I am one of them but in this case someone was more excited than myself, at least with notebooks.

Mid 2011 13" Macbook air i5
128GB SSD
4GB ram
$950

Late 2011 Macbook Pro 13"
2.4ghz i5
4gb ram
$850

I think it was a great deal and i am glad i can add applecare.

xmijg.jpg
[/IMG]

szEkk.jpg
[/IMG]

x21nd.jpg
[/IMG]

FMY8B.jpg
[/IMG]

mvHcQ.jpg
[/IMG]

poE2h.jpg
[/IMG]

i know there will be new machines announced but these are great.

Cypher

Blu-ray movie expansion!

The Secret World of Arrietty

DSC03773.jpg

Safe House (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook)
John Carter 3D (Best Buy-exclusive 5-Disc Combo Pack)

DSC03870.jpg

Do you do any work with Adobe Premiere or other video editing? Notice any major performance changes?

I use Final Cut Pro and it's night and day. The render times have been cut drastically from my 4GB days.

I watch the task monitor constantly when using strenuous programs, and it definitely helps when I want to leave it going in the background and do something else in the meantime.

Haven't bought many games as of late, since my backlog is ridiculous, though I'll probably cave and get Mario Tennis before AX.

Instead, I've bought other stuff:

LEGO (last Avengers set for me...please come out with a Helicarrier set...)
9af7d4ba.jpg

Clothes:
ec048ecd.jpg

ec7a3ca5.jpg

Music:
2b469ed6.jpg

82270613.jpg

Mug:
22d5af24.jpg

Daft Punk jumbo poster set thingy I bought off of ebay.
jvWJ49LBWOB4k.JPG

Also pictured in this thread but hidden are a bunch of mono price cables to enable comfy couch mode which I am testing in the picture. I cannot wait for big picture mode for Steam.

AkIRA_22

My ultra povo Microsoft Lifestyle headset busted after an admirable 4 and a half years of faithful mediocrity. So I bought a Turtle Beach Z6;

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

And while I was there I picked up a little Mechanical action with this new Razer Black Widow to replace an Apple wired keyboard;

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Pretty happy with both so far.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
that daft punk poster is pretty hot

NES: Guardian Legend, Tengen Pac-Man
guardian-man.jpg

NES: Battle Chess, Mafat Conspiracy (golgo 13 2)
battlechessconspiracy.jpg

NES: Dragon Spirit, Astynax (I think this is a double might already own it eh it was only $4)
dragonastyanax.jpg

NES: Mighty Bomb Jack
mightybombjack.jpg

Parappa the Rapper (PS1), Mystical Ninja
parappatheninja.jpg

GC: Bomberman Jetters, Billy Hatcher
bombermanandthegiantegg.jpg

GC: Wario Ware INC, F-Zero GX
wariowaregx.jpg

whooo~!!! I went to E3 today!! came back with a few shirts:

777b9e88b05c11e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

gonna go back tomorrow too!!

OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD!
Is that an Oswald The Lucky Rabbit Club Disneyland ears for Epic Mickey 2????

Oh SHIT!
Thats the type of merchandise I wanted for the first game. I NEED those ears!
Could you do a better photo of the oswald ears please? :) Would like to see the logo of the Oswald Club.

Blunt

Banned
Various toys and promotional games. Got the One Piece P.O.P. Perona and Amagami SS Nendoroid Aoi delivered from Hobby Japan this morning.

Picked up the Starscream Ghost version Masterpiece on clearance from Toys R Us for $40 (down from $280!) and grabbed some Lego Minifigs whilst waiting in the checkout.

2231043-20120609_020951___copy.jpg

I've been sleeping in the same double bed for half my life so I lashed out on an early 30th birthday present to myself and got a new king size bed, mattress, and matching bedside tables - all solid oak with brushed metal.

Just about to go try it out and get an awesome nights rest. More likely though I'll probably cry myself to sleep, clutching my now very thin wallet.

2231045-20120609_021157___copy.jpg

zmet

Sherlock Seasons 1 & 2 and True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season
jp1.jpg

Alien Anthology
jp3.jpg

Duck Tales 2, Wai Wai World, and Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti
jp4.jpg

Duck Tales and Wai Wai World 2
jp6.jpg

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
jp2.jpg

Magical Chase
jp5.jpg

Some damned good glass. Some would argue it outshoots L Series.

Thanks, I got the recommendation from members on here. I was shooting with a thrift store find Canon EF 28-80mm and had sold my stock lens as I wasn't needing it or using it. The lowlight stuff was maddening with the thrift store lens even though I got some really nice pics out of it. This thing is beautiful and shoots some amazing pics. It's also amazing how much heft a better built lens has and the build quality doesn't feel like a toy.

Thanks, I got the recommendation from members on here. I was shooting with a thrift store find Canon EF 28-80mm and had sold my stock lens as I wasn't needing it or using it. The lowlight stuff was maddening with the thrift store lens even though I got some really nice pics out of it. This thing is beautiful and shoots some amazing pics. It's also amazing how much heft a better built lens has and the build quality doesn't feel like a toy.

I am amazed that many serious photographers I have recommended it to seem to have never heard about it.

I wouldn't go anywhere without that and the Canon "nifty fifty", an unbeatable combo for city shooting.

Gameboy415

Had a pretty great (and cheap!) shopping day today!

1206-Games2.jpg

-PS1 - CTR: Crash Team Racing - $1.99 @ Goodwill, complete and in great shape!
-PS3 - Resistance 3 - $9.99 @ Best Buy after RZ coupon
-PS1 - Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - I've always wanted this game and although $6.99 was a bit more than I wanted to pay, it's in like-new condition so I picked it up.
-PS1 - Tomb Raider 1-4 - $1.99 each @ Goodwill, all complete and in great shape! I'm pretty hyped about the new game and I only had the first game on Saturn so I scooped these up.

1206-Guides1.jpg

-Kid Icarus Guidebook - $9.99 @ Best Buy this week and comes w/an exclusive AR card! I've already finished the story mode but it will be useful for finding secrets and such. :)
-Pokemon Black & White CE Guidebook - Last copy and only a penny @ Best Buy! :D

Plus Goodwill had all books 25% off today and I made out like a bandit:

1206-Books1.jpg

-Gregory Maguire Hardcovers - I already had paperbacks of 2 of em, but all 3 are First Editions and at ~$1.34 each I had to get them! They also had Son of a Witch and Lost but the former was missing the slipcover and the latter had coffee stains so I left them behind. :S

1206-Books3.jpg

-The Far Side Collections (x7) - My family had most of these when I was a kid but they were left behind in a move. Got em all for ~$0.44 each!

1206-Books2.jpg

-Calvin & Hobbes Collections (X9) - All ~$0.44 each! I saw one other C&H book but the cover was peeling apart so I left it behind.

1206-Books3.jpg

-The Far Side Collections (x7) - My family had most of these when I was a kid but they were left behind in a move. Got em all for ~$0.44 each!

me too. you lucky son of a bitch. would love to own the big collection they did a few years back. some day when i have $100 burning a hole and i remember it exists...

Top Bottom