• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Mdesilva

Not home and I'm too lazy to take a bunch of pictures anyways so here's some decent phone pics from twitter.

I9G88Xv.jpg

CQNQ8p8.jpg

New TV to go with the PS4! Samsung LED 50"
1Old6TS.jpg

I got to download Transistor too!
JG87p6d.jpg

cSmEJbA.jpg

Target's B2G1 was awesome
yoEftkX.jpg

Free via Mario Kart 8

Slixshot

Banned
Not home and I'm too lazy to take a bunch of pictures anyways so here's some decent phone pics from twitter.

I9G88Xv.jpg

CQNQ8p8.jpg

New TV to go with the PS4! Samsung LED 50"
1Old6TS.jpg

I got to download Transistor too!
JG87p6d.jpg

cSmEJbA.jpg

Target's B2G1 was awesome
yoEftkX.jpg

Free via Mario Kart 8

ALRIGHT MONEY BAGS, QUIT SHOWIN OFF!

But congratulations =D

eXistor

After many delays, it finally arrived: The History of Mario. As a bonus because I pre-ordered years ago, I got the Mario Goodies Collection book for free, which is nice of them. It's basically a catalogue of all Mario-related goodies (hence the name probably)

0JNtdxQ.jpg

FireCloud

ibm_model_m_zpsd892d3b2.jpg

Yay, an IBM Model M keyboard! It's a 1984 model produced in 1988.

I use one at work. It's amazing that none of the newer keyboards have come close to the feel of this one.

Edit: Though your picture reminds me that I need to do some serious cleaning to my work keyboard!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I use one at work. It's amazing that none of the newer keyboards have come close to the feel of this one.

Edit: Though your picture reminds me that I need to do some serious cleaning to my work keyboard!
Yeah, just be careful when you do. The bottom of mine is starting to come apart (separate) and it scares me.

sca2511

Cross posting from FigureGAF
Finally went home to open up my packages.

Sideshow Gwen Stacy's box

Close up of her face and umbrella

Umbrella close up

Gwen & MJ

Also received the Bishoujos for Armored Wonder Woman & Mara Jade

Some of the foam knocked the window to Armored WW and got in it, also slightly tearing up the box. Looks like Black and White Harley is coming in, woo!

Sinthetic

Stunning collection, I am so jealous. I wonder if The Wind Rises will ever make it to the U.S.

It will for sure mate. It's a fantastic and beautiful film, already watched it twice.

Drop dead gorgeous.

Someday I would own this piece of beauty too.

Do it now!

Got a few nice things this week, damn there are quite a few pictures haha:

Robin Hood Steelbook:

PwFna90.jpg

Alice in Wonderland Steelbook:

B2wwNNi.jpg

Lego Movie 3D:

HbFq1R0.jpg

Good Luck Girl! & Tenchi Muyo! OVA:

l8WUrII.jpg

Wolf Children Manga/Totoro Novel:

ZZjAOL4.jpg

9PGqmnh.jpg

Last but not least, some Criterion (The Great Beauty and Persona):

inlaffL.jpg

nvIBB1V.jpg

cepFTg1.jpg

Getting ready for AX next week so picked up a few things from Daiso:
637e9b71c4745c2b5a1004e4bec0dd16_zps2d5b6b7b.jpg

Will be getting this autographed by the KLK peeps (because I haven't watched KLK yet...):
2041cb4db45f6f6cfebcb0c6e0ed2c49_zps4f42b2fe.jpg

A new shirt (got it on sale)...:
69e42e801a6ccb63ed480326c4b6e5e9_zpsd818921e.jpg

...Because I bought these at full price but it's worth it:
ff347fb3ee4dbc5ae8ec8190279ff93d_zps32553c30.jpg

(yes they are official)

Coda

10518019_1446736355586088_1349526782_n.jpg

Found somebody selling just the "Symphonic Green" Gamecube controller which only came with the GC Tales of Symphonia bundle in Japan. Couldn't resist, especially with the news about the Wii U GC adapter. Been playing a lot of games on Steam with it now though. :)

MilkLizard

No games this month as I'm already having a little backlog on current gen. Clearing that first. Last night I finished Wind Waker HD. Next is Assassin's Creed IV.

For some fun outside with the kids, I bought a cheap drone. The camera is really really bad, but it's flying nice and the kids love it.

And some love for my small vinyl collection.

Jurassic Park OST from Mondo. Limited to 1000 copies.

And my personal highlight. Perturbators new album Dangerous Days. His first ever on a physical medium, limited to 125 copies in EU.

jieEqGqMJlDH7.jpg

Colorfly C3 + FiiO L16 (cable) + FiiO E12 + Sennheiser IE80.

Sounds...soo...fuckin'...good...
Well done mate. I have the colorfly classic c4? I think it's that one. With the wooden back. It's funny playing flacs to people with headphones that usually need to be powered and seeing them smile when the music starts.

Taker34

Banned
My most expensive ME investment so far.

20140628_114424a4s7d.jpg

20140628_1213320isjg.jpg

The Normandy is unfortunately as dead as the SR1. Luckily I can buy it separately from DH comics.
20140628_114517ngsh7.jpg

20140628_114552oasik.jpg

Still *sealed*!
20140628_1145322ks7s.jpg

2 Vita and 1 PS3 game (easy platinum trophies included). I love my Vita at the moment.
apssq.jpg

Galdius

It took me some time to find a copy with a price that I was willing to pay but I found one in april and it finally arrived. I already have both games separately but this bundle is a nice addition to my collection.

QrdYS7Zl.jpg

I also bought some press discs (3 Nintendo discs and a Duke Nukem Forever disc) and a Vita memory stick.

RA0PSdUl.jpg
GbOlI8ml.jpg
QPV9eJLl.jpg

Kilrathi

I got these for 80 for some late night gaming when I can't use my sound system
20140624_215852.jpg

They dont compare to my headphones on my PC, but they get the job done aren't worth the 250ish MSRP price point

BTails

June pick-ups are GO!

i3v1I3u.jpg

Finally joined Saturn-GAF. One of the few consoles I didn't buy when it was still new/supported. My wallet is pre-emptively hating me for this pick-up...

vWH5PVk.jpg

What's a system without some games? Most of these game with the Saturn, none had cases. I had a spare Sega CD case, so Panzer Dragoon got lucky. Deep Fear and Lunar Magic School are waiting until my Action Replay arrives from Play-Asia. Shining Wisdom was birthday present from my parents.

tZjYDAk.jpg

Watch_Doge I picked up on launch, and I'm really liking it! Rayman, The Martian, and HODOR were birthday presents from my amazing wife, along with tickets to the football game today.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I love the japanese cover for SotD.

It's censored though, LOL. So is the game, just a bit- I found an import copy new on the cheap and decided to get it to replace my busted American copy (damaged during a move), but had I known this, I would have just picked up another U.S. version. Still looks better on the shelf, I guess.

SOME-MIST

buncha concert tickets - allan holdsworth, united nations, liturgy, tera melos + pinback, mammoth grinder + power trip

also snagged a Cone the Weird print from Austria's rabbiteyegroup and a Look the Weird print from 1xrun. actually messaged Look about originals (expecting them to be a couple hundred) but quickly realized I couldn't afford the $1900 price tag lol. if only I had deeper pockets ._.

1 of 50 signed
Schermafbeelding-2014-05-23-om-13.37.35.png

and 1 of 60
look-the-weird-golden-18x24-1xrun-01.jpg

Kilrathi

June pick-ups are GO!

i3v1I3u.jpg

Finally joined Saturn-GAF. One of the few consoles I didn't buy when it was still new/supported. My wallet is pre-emptively hating me for this pick-up...

vWH5PVk.jpg

What's a system without some games? Most of these game with the Saturn, none had cases. I had a spare Sega CD case, so Panzer Dragoon got lucky. Deep Fear and Lunar Magic School are waiting until my Action Replay arrives from Play-Asia. Shining Wisdom was birthday present from my parents.
you should get one of those action replays with 4MB RAM expansion next to play pretty ever import export for those that use the expansion rom cart like KOF 95

BTails

you should get one of those action replays with 4MB RAM expansion next to play pretty ever import export for those that use the expansion rom cart like KOF 95

The one on it's way has the Auto 1MB/4MB RAM in it, which should work with almost every import, I believe.

jonno394

Not bought much this month

14341405970_2724f1d3d9_b.jpg

14341404860_6135fa3a0b_b.jpg

My Wii games go up to 15 and I get a couple of the best platformers on the machine.

OT: Do we have a Wii game collecting thread?

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn arrived today!

7387ab2e-8a55-45c2-b44c-83437bd9297c_zps96404416.jpg

Some very neat changes to the general formula and it looks pretty great too, in particular the UI. Oh, and there's this:

BrPSSmMIQAAMwXu.jpg

Always makes me feel good about my Dynasty Warriors: Gundam purchases.

illusionary

It took me some time to find a copy with a price that I was willing to pay but I found one in april and it finally arrived. I already have both games separately but this bundle is a nice addition to my collection.

QrdYS7Zl.jpg
I hadn't even realised that such a version existed. Very nice pickup!

With a quick search, I see that this was US-only, as part of a console bundle... that'll be why I wasn't aware (I'm in the UK).

Kilrathi

More horse/equine gear
20140621_161646.jpg

I brought the halter up to the stables at undergrad this past friday it's fits just fine, also got a lesson on him as well as recorded video to send to the grad school to see if I can bring him with me. He's looks much better now that wound healed up expect the lost of muscle since no body has used him in a while.

bigmac996

Yeah I'm going for the set, looks like Spidey is preparing to ship soon. Just waiting on the Black Cat to be ready for pre-order

Awesome. Keep it up! If you're into the sculpts and curious about the sculptor's work check out Steve Schumacher's stuff. He absolutely kills it with his sideshow sculpts (check out his wonder woman coming up). He definitely deserves as much, if not more credit than J Scott on these.

SOME-MIST

I want to see a Tera Melos and Pinback show but they're not coming to Florida. Nice pickup, though!
Ive never been able to see em live and I definitely have been wanting to since their last two releases.. so Im pumped. Admittedly I didnt know who pinback was before tera melos posted the announcement on their fb wall. Have you ever seen either of em play?

Most excited for that and holdsworth out of the grab.

ibzRb1ScxtDwY9.jpg

i6RDz859Hra37.jpg

ibozNWo6n8zJaB.jpg

iyNsxc4uOKpT.jpg

Roland V-Drums V-Compact TD-11KV
Roland V-Drums Drum Stand MDS-4V
Roland V-Drums Accessory Package DAP3X
Pearl Kaces KCP-5 Crash Pad Drum Rug

Mario Kart 8

Actual Sunlight
The Banner Saga
The Blackwell Epiphany