• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

N° 2048

Totally forgot this was coming today! Got it for $30 off + %10 more off because of BestBuy's price match policy :D

sHaak00.jpg

wighti

Got us a pair of matching airs for me and the wife. I was using an ancient 17" Vaio and she had 5+ year old white macbook. So far I've been really impressed with it, I might just be a convert. It can even play some small games from steam and GoG!

pziaBWt.jpg

holy shit. this mythical object does it exist.

how is it?

god damn im jealous. I'm waiting for an invite and these motherfuckers just keep posting stupid status updates on facebook/twitter everyday

It's huge, bigger than the LG G3. It's quick on its feet. It's snappy. For a 1080p phone, I'll take this over the Galaxy S5, Xperia Z2 or the One M8. The IPS screen is gorgeous, though when compared to that LG G3 1440p screen, it's edged out by the G3. Current build of CyanogenMod has the wallpaper glitch which blows out the image but not a big deal. The previous glitch about 4K video recording only in mono/single channel is now fixed, and the somewhat grainier video quality is fixed with the recent update. Comparing the two, LG G3 takes better more stabilised 4K video with its OIS+. They're also a fix for the apparent lag for the home button, which requires the activation of the developer mode.

I quickly turned off the hardware navigation button, and use the software navigation button (Back, Home, and Multitask buttons are of correct orientation on the software part, but hardware buttons are reversed).

All in all, great build quality and fantastic user experience, thanks to the very robust and customisable CyanogenMod UI. You can customise almost everything(from how icons look like to even the boot animation, from within the operating system) or nothing if you prefer the already lean and snappy default settings. Good thing about CyanogenMod is that it acts just like standard KitKat, with its own OTA updates.

andylsun

Few pickups today. Dave Brubeck is mono, yum.

All were $3 each

I already have a copy of Final Fantasy XII, but liked the tin, and have Grandia II but not III.

Outrun 2 is always nice to have and I've never played much of the Assassins Creed games. Worth trying I or starting with II?

ynSOUuSl.jpg

Browny

Banned
Some on-sale Creative T10s, to replace my old discontinued ones (which had a separate sub). Nice sound quality, and a smaller footprint (not to mention a whole load of cables have now disappeared from behind the desk!).

Controller, for Watch Dogs driving...

Steam games - Mirror's Edge, The Bureau, Witcher 2 and Skyrim, each under £3.

Bought my daughter her own little arm chair - she absolutely loves it, and it's helping her first steps walking around.

Also bought some conti board to slot in a couple of extra shelves in the kitchen cupboards - makes a huge amount of difference when cooking.

Vexxan

What game did you get for the download since you went ahead and bought Wind Waker?

Will probably pick Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as my free game. When it comes to Nintendo I prefer to have physical copies of games I "care" about (if that makes any sense).

alejo0121

These are pick-ups between May and June

Digital copies of Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3
zC70io7.jpg

Phisical copies of Diablo 3 and ZoE HD
ae6Qz7J.jpg

qN8Brx6.jpg

Got this for my brother-in-law
Playstation 3 World Cup Special Edition, includes:
* PS3 250GB
* 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil for PS3
* Adidas Brazuca (with Playstation logo)
* Colombian Jersey Replica
0Ya205p.jpg

ghibli99

Surprisingly, everything I've bought this month so far has been digital only:

Picross e4 (3DS)
Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes (Wii U)
NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
Far Cry 3 (PC)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
Spelunky (PC)
BattleBlock Theater (PC)

Laieon

June's been an excellent month for me, really excited for next July.

nWBCoUg.jpg

QyOK6qd.jpg

OZxKTWm.jpg

nScFRoF.jpg

After months and months of looking at various laptops, I finally decided to go for the Sager NP7358. I was a bit skeptical, because the pictures I could find of it online didn't really impress me, but I'm more than happy with the actual product. The trackpad is kind of mediocre though.

My specs:
i7-4710MQ
Geforce GTX 860m
8gb of RAM
1 TB 7200RPM HDD
120 GB Crucial SSD

Oh, and not pictured:
The Wolf Among Us
Maybe Valiant Hearts (It looks great, I'm just not sure how much time I'll have to play it).

blackjaw

I have a really good stereo copy that I love, and that sounds amazing. The mono mix is supposed to be different enough to be worth having as well - hope to get to play it later this week.

Yeah I actually like mono copies, they have a certain charm to them. I have a Miles Davis - Kind of Blue mono vinyl that is really fun to play.

reminder

S18cp0F.jpg

FINALLY was able to find those here in germany at a reasonable price. It was mostly unavailable since it launched in february, and if it was available somewhere it had an exorbitant pricetag.

Chastten

Banned

SwapForce starterpack was now €35 and came with a free Giants battlepack. Figured this was as cheap as it would get so I picked it up :)

New phone. Old one broke and I need one for work so I got a new cheap one. Works fine for what it is.

I've always been a huge Lego fan, so as soon as I got some disposable income as an adult I started collecting sets that I could never afford as a child. I'm pretty much done collecting castle & space sets so I started on the pirate line. This is one of the cheapest 'big' sets of the 1989 line and at €10 it was really a bargain. It isn't complete, missing some bits and pieces here and there, but the seller threw in some extra minifigs, weapons and palmtree so I won't complain.

I missed these little guys. Nostalgia <3

alejo0121

Ok.... How in the hell/ where in the hell did you get that? That is incredible! (Speaking of the World Cup PS bundle)

It was a kit that was sold on the main outlets here in Colombia because... you know... it's been 16 years since our National Team hasn't been in the final rounds of the World Cup and Sony knows that soccer games are system sellers in our country (believe it or not). That one was bought in Falabella, which added the yellow jersey (home) other outlets included the red jersey (away)

dyergram

I've always been a huge Lego fan, so as soon as I got some disposable income as an adult I started collecting sets that I could never afford as a child. I'm pretty much done collecting castle & space sets so I started on the pirate line. This is one of the cheapest 'big' sets of the 1989 line and at €10 it was really a bargain. It isn't complete, missing some bits and pieces here and there, but the seller threw in some extra minifigs, weapons and palmtree so I won't complain.

I missed these little guys. Nostalgia <3
Holy shit I had that when I was a kid what year did that come out?

Chastten

Banned
The scene I tried to 'recreate' with that picture was indeed a little set from the first wave, dating back to 1989. It was the first Pirate set I got (along with Sabre Island) so it is quite special to me :)

picked some of these up o_O

10454002_714571391937296_1162676142_n.jpg
D= I really want to know what these taste like

My first significant pick up in a while - first ever mechanical keyboard! Got these with Cherry Mx Brown's and loving them so much - I feel amazed every time I start typing hahaha. And it looking amazingly sexy as well ^.^

14472473706_e24f668db3_z.jpg

14472473616_001bc24ac2_z.jpg

14472473596_b2b1deae10_z.jpg

CrovaxPSO

Taking care of some gaps in my collection that I've been meaning to fill for a while.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
aiMgxBY.jpg

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
SyGsyhF.jpg

Cyborg

Believe it or not but I bought this whole box for 10 euros
Im a retro collector :) If someone wants my Instagram just PM me.

ypnjWGDl.jpg

LifEndz

4f0b122b-e4d0-47b4-91c5-22d0eb9b2f77.png

Never played a Sim City game before, but I really loved the Sims when it first came out and I've always been curious about Sim City. This finally dropped to 9.99 so I figured why not.

Then, after less than 8 months of PS Plus just throwing games at me, I finally picked up a Vita..

a79437ce-f085-4694-b234-9bcc60d5b8f2.jpg

Amazon had a crazy deal on the Assassins Creed bundle a few years back and I was always kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on it. I knew if I got a Vita it would have to be that white model. Found a seller on Ebay and I'm super hesitant about buying systems used, but the guy said mint and I took a chance. Luckily, he wasn't lying. Purchased a case, screen protector, Persona Golden and a 64gb memory card. My only gripe thus far is how much I suck at applying screen protectors. I'm literally off by a couple of centimeters and I'm tempted to peel it off and try again with the spare (I'm the reason they give you two screen protectors). Really enjoying it so far. Also haven't played a Persona game but I got it just off the strength of Gaf almost universally loving it. This should hold me over until Destiny comes out.

Ecto311

jNAx3chl.jpg

Finally moved on from the vuse ecig here in colorado to a real one and maaaan is there a difference. Lot cheaper than the refills also.

Top Bottom