• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

MilkLizard

Complete Calvin and Hobbes. I didn't expect it to be that big...;) Beautiful books, the highlight in my small collection so far.

9zdXe.jpg

Grief.exe

I returned mine today.

I found the AQ to be sub-par compared to every other gaming headset i have used around $125-150 like the tritton AX and 720s. Also the Rumble feature is rather annoying (although some tend to like it)

IMO the headset should of never been priced higher than $99

AQ on gaming headsets is generally very low in the first place, even the ones you mentioned.

Remember that Teal GBC with the missing battery door and the copy of Tetris DX with the messed-up label?
IMG_6574.png

Disregard that, I got another one.
Dr. Mario
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (has everything unlocked, cool)
Tetris DX (with non-messed-up label!)
Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle (Turns on and plays, but crashes A LOT)

The GBC works well but the D-Pad sticks a bit so I may have to open it up and try cleaning it out or something.
Fun fact: The PO's name was Carolyn, according to Tetris DX's high score table.

As for the other GBC with the missing battery door, if I can find a replacement chinese knockoff battery door or a rechargeable battery or something, I may have plans for it as well..............................

I also picked this up the other day
IMG_6573.png

vipershark is that a mac keyboard
yes
vipershark why do you have a mac keyboard you dont have a--

IMG_6575-1.png

oh.
vipershark why did you waste your money on a mac, especially an old one?

Well, this is a July 2002 Model 17" G4 iMac.
"okay buy why did you buy it"
I didn't buy the mac. I bought the keyboard. Long story short my friend's parents owned this computer and we'd use it whenever I went over his house years ago. I know I'm not really an Apple user or anything but I always liked this computer so a couple weeks ago I contacted my friend on facebook asking if his parents would be willing to sell it to me. Fortunately, it was just taking up space in their closet and they were happy to get rid of it so they gave it to me for free.
It didn't come with any of the accessories or anything though so I picked up a cheap mac keyboard for 10 bucks so that I could have all the native mac features built-in. The only problem though is that I mixed up the model numbers and didn't get a period-correct keyboard.

The one I got is a 2000 model Apple Pro Keyboard from a G3 Power Mac (aka the 2000 equivalent of today's Mac Pro) which means it has translucent black keys instead of opaque white keys and only 108 keys as opposed to 109. The period-correct 2003 keyboard has an F16 key on it but as far as I can tell I'll never actually use it so this keyboard will work just fine. Plus, now that I've used it for a while I think the translucent black keys look pretty cool.

IMG_6622.png

This is how it sits today, now that I verified with the PO that it was okay to format it and everything. Fresh Tiger install and it works great. It's obviously slower than a modern computer, but it handles basic web browsing well and is great for playing music (iTunes is actually good on Macs, who knew) and is cool as a server.
Anyway, as I said I'm no real Apple user or anything but I figure it's as good a place as any to start learning about how OS X works and stuff.

IMG_6623.png

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time

Dreweyes

Wait, do they sell Ashely Wood stuff at Tate's now? I haven't been there in a few months. Is that also where you got the Nausicaa and Doctor Who things?

Aw I wish Tate's had that stuff, got the Ashley Wood figs from Bambalandstore.com when it went up, and the Nausicaa comics from eBay. I'm pretty sure they have the Doctor Who stuff though!

BTW I designed the 8-Bit Tates Design in the patch! :)

How is it?

So far I really like it. I was able to play a few games last night with friends. I had a few of them comment that I sound a lot clearer then the last time I was on, and asked if I had bought a new headset.

The sound is rather crisp and clear. I can't wait to watch a movie while using this. I was a bit worried since there's no arm mic like the last model, but my friends said that they can all hear me loud and clear.

I turned down the "pulse" feature as it can be a bit much during some games. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.

Cypher

Movies and TV shows galore!

Snow White & The Huntsman - Extended Edition (Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook) (BD)
Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures (Target-exclusive w/5 lithographs) (BD)

DSC07105.jpg

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete 5th Season (DVD)
Nikita: The Complete 2nd Season (DVD)

DSC07106.jpg

HardRojo

PAHtKl.jpg

With SA2 HD release I thought I might share this since it is relevant.

Yw8Qql.jpg

I've been collecting these little straps or whatever you want to call them for a couple of weeks now, there are 8 different ones and I'm missing Shadow and Tails only, it also seems like Knuckles and Eggman love me. They come from a Gachapon machine here in Lima, Peru which you can find in a supermarket chain called Wong, they'll set you back 3 Soles a pop which is roughly $1.20 and seem to be pretty well manufactured (TOMY apparently) considering how cheap they are.

MchzAl.jpg

Pickup of the month, I've been waiting for a long time to play this game again, I bought the GCN version earlier this year but couldn't play it since my GCN is broken (Thanks to the sister) and I don't have a Wii so getting SA2 on PSN when it was announced was a no brainer.

I've bought a couple more games but they are still on their way so I'll post them when I get them.

Yw8Qql.jpg

I've been collecting these little straps or whatever you want to call them for a couple of weeks now, there are 8 different ones and I'm missing Shadow and Tails only, it also seems like Knuckles and Eggman love me. They come from a Gachapon machine here in Lima, Peru which you can find in a supermarket chain called Wong, they'll set you back 3 Soles a pop which is roughly $1.20 and seem to be pretty well manufactured (TOMY apparently) considering how cheap they are.

Theres a mall here in Mississauga, Canada that has a machine selling these! I have the Shadow one, but I wanted Sonic lol

nonnocere

Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

I got this a while back. My oldest daughter who is now eight has "aged" into them, graduating from the softback books I had of the collections and will sit for hours (if I let her), reading through each of these hardback tomes.

I miss this sort of quality comic strip in our newspapers today, honestly, though to be frank, I don't know if anyone ever hit the mark quite as consistently as Watterson did, though of course Peanuts and Far Side are in this league as well.

Deefuzz

Wait what's going on here

THIS ISN'T COMING UP ON GOOGLE SEARCHES. I need to know what those are!

It feels like someone just used a time machine to alter my reality. This is heavy, doc.

It's from 72pins: http://www.72pins.com/

They use NES carts and print out 8bit Nintendo labels for various games and other pop culture related items. I have a few myself and the quality is pretty good, some real nice stuff they have there.

EDIT: Oh looks like someone beat me to the punch!

IMG_6621.png

Picked this up for cheap. I haven't been able to find this in-store for a while but last time I saw one it was like twice as much as I got this one for.

IMG_6654.png

Gameboy Printer! Cool!
This thing is in REALLY good condition, as far as I can tell.
It didn't come with a roll of printer tape so I wasn't able to test it but apparently GBP printer tape is extremely cheap and abundant on eBay because nobody ever bought them in stores. I'll order one and try it out.

w-what's this?
IMG_6644.png

*finally owns a psp*

Yes, I bought a psp. It's a PSP-1001 and I got it for 9 bucks...
...because it was listed as broken.

Long story short, the site listed it as for parts, but in the same description noted that it hadn't been tested to actually check if it was working or not. I decided to take a gamble and hope that the seller was too lazy to check if it actually worked and just listed it as broken.
So I get it, and it looks like this:
IMG_6645.png

Huh, that's not even bad. It looks used, but I don't see anywhere where it was broken.
So after giving it a quick once-over, I popped open the UMD drive, and- Hey, there's a game in there!
So I popped the game out and it was a copy of NBA Live '08... except the UMD's outer case was basically destroyed and there was some kind of liquid inside of it. Crap. Please don't tell me this thing has water damage.

So I pulled out the UMD and snapped it open (since the case was basically falling apart anyway) and the actual game disc itself was in decent enough condition except it had what appeared to be... toothpaste...? or something sticky on it. As I was cleaning it off it started to smell really strongly of, like, toothpaste and orange juice and I started gagging involuntarily because it was just so disgusting.

Disc aside, the UMD drive looked otherwise okay. Then I checked the battery compartment. The battery itself had the bottom corner sliced off (meaning someone tried to Pandora it) and wouldn't stay inside the system with the battery door off. It got a charge for like three seconds but then went out so I thought I short-circuited it. The little water-damage checker thing had pink dots on it so I was prepared for the worst, but according to Google, regular PSP battery compartments have the same pattern of pink dots when they aren't water damaged. So I breathed a sigh of relief.

Knowing that it didn't have water damage, I decided to try plugging it in and turning it on. I grabbed a charger that would fit, plugged it in, powered it up, and,
IMG_6646.png

Well, now I see why it was listed as broken.
The outer glass showed no signs of cracks or breakage, but as you can see the LCD panel itself is cracked and destroyed. (The gray and black areas are where it's broken, if you somehow can't tell.)
I popped in my copy of Wipeout Pure which loaded and ran and played just fine (I had to navigate the menus using only that tiny area of screen to the left, ahaha) but obviously I couldn't see anything.

I went on eBay and ordered the cheapest brand new LCD panel (with the tools to replace it included) that I could find, so we'll see how that goes.

IMG_6650.png

I bought these for Mario World and Sword of Mana, but Porsche Unleashed and the second copy of KNiD aren't a bad bonus.

sikkinixx

IMG_6575-1.png

oh.
vipershark why did you waste your money on a mac, especially an old one?

Well, this is a July 2002 Model 17" G4 iMac.
"okay buy why did you buy it"
I didn't buy the mac. I bought the keyboard. Long story short my friend's parents owned this computer and we'd use it whenever I went over his house years ago. I know I'm not really an Apple user or anything but I always liked this computer so a couple weeks ago I contacted my friend on facebook asking if his parents would be willing to sell it to me. Fortunately, it was just taking up space in their closet and they were happy to get rid of it so they gave it to me for free.
It didn't come with any of the accessories or anything though so I picked up a cheap mac keyboard for 10 bucks so that I could have all the native mac features built-in. The only problem though is that I mixed up the model numbers and didn't get a period-correct keyboard.

Welcome to the club. I have a huge soft spot for my G4. I mostly use it as a digital picture frame nowadays but dat design.

6449436387_68c4812eba.jpg

indiana_jenkins

Neo Member
I went on eBay and ordered the cheapest brand new LCD panel (with the tools to replace it included) that I could find, so we'll see how that goes.
I've done the repair on the PSP 3000, and it's not so bad. Just be sure to remove all the protective plastic or you'll end up opening the system twice (like I did).

The_Monk

Did the DOA5 CE come with those gloves?
Are you a fighter? :)

Hehe no the game did not come with the gloves fellow GAFfer ;) and they were from when I was lifting more weight at the Gym. Due the lack of time, the latter is on stand-by.

Coconut

Banned
I can't be the only one who hears the title 'The Thursday War', and imagines the Master Chief in bed at like 6:45am struggling with the idea of calling in sick to work or not. "Come on John it's fine just get through today and tomorrow is friday and you can just totally coast to the weekend, but on the other hand I could just stretch this out into a four day weekend and also take off friday. I mean who takes a thursday off unless they are really sick . People will buy it."

missfuuchan

Neo Member
Just one new get this post, but a gorgeous one - I'm such a sucker for a good game OST (and the signed card and AR cards are an awesome bonus!)

oRQwM.jpg

SqFwJ.jpg

fFOo1.jpg

4ExyV.jpg

7aBzV.jpg

llbaF.jpg

Welcome to the club. I have a huge soft spot for my G4. I mostly use it as a digital picture frame nowadays but dat design.

6449436387_68c4812eba.jpg

Yeah, it looks so cool!
The one thing I liked the most was that this came out back when equivalent mass-market windows PCs were still mostly pushing 1024x768. The resolution was so much bigger and the screen was so vivid.

I love the tilting and turning and moving that the screen can do, though. It's great.

Stumbled across this vintage beauty at a thrift store today for $25. Lane made some killer mid-century modern inspired furniture way back when. It's really long but I'm thinking I can make it work in my space.

Photo1.jpg

Top Bottom