• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Mike.83

Picked up this little lady tonight.
XqIo2ID.jpg

bought a playstation tv today. Still need a memory card for it, but once I get my 64gb card for my vita, it will get my old 16gb card.
3386866d.jpg

Other purchases from the month.
3386865c.jpg

3386865b.jpg

3386866c.jpg

Thanati

New SLI Bridge:
15219327910_ae9782714c.jpg

Previous Bridge

14242806460_cf2f665063.jpg

New

15405988005_6ea411a493_z.jpg

15382954376_36387f313d.jpg

The Nvidia bridge definitely has some weight to it and is solid. The greens are not this light but my shitty phone camera couldn't capture it correctly.

Wow! How much power does that use? Impressive setup!

ys45

New games

52TbDou.jpg

Went on a road trip this week end to the Massachusetts, there was this store that sold retro games in Salem

NvwB6J4.jpg

Smokey

15352032477_b0e1e126fc_c.jpg

15351892178_1f8d4c3dd0_c.jpg

15535358841_6293aa95e6_c.jpg

Simply an amazing keyboard. This is my third mechanical and this is by far the best I have used.

Thanati said:
Wow! How much power does that use? Impressive setup!

During benchmarking the highest it has reached is about 1030ish watts.

Aubergine

Neo Member
Loot explosion for me in early October!

Edit: i also got this Pokémon 3DS game case from hori (the 24 game binder thingy), i really like the design as its understated instead of the usual overtly cute pokemon layouts. And the fit is typical Hori, excellent construction.

zIGv3r6.jpg

IVUj2DE.jpg

Oh wow, that's a really nice game case. I've been looking for a new one for my on-the-go quick-switch-stash after filling up my old one. I'll have to look this up. Where did you end up getting yours and how much did it run?

Long time lurker in this thread, finally decided to post. I went to Newbury Comics to pick up the new Weezer album on vinyl but unfortunately they sold out. Gonna try and find it on Amazon for now. Nevertheless, here is what I picked up today!

IMG_0001_zps6426ec3c.jpg

jakeumms

Welcome to the family, Leia.

1B90F00C-3DB0-4287-92A0-6219FBA8E8C9_zpsncirnl4e.jpg

Leia is adorable and I love her name!

Picked up this little lady tonight.
XqIo2ID.jpg

She's a cutie too! The coloring on her face is cool...it would be great if she had a bit of a rascally dark side.

All these pics do not help the fact that I really want to get a little friend for my cat Robot to pal around with. Trouble is, she likes to think she lives in a world where she is the only cat that exists. She absolutely melts down when she sees another cat.

BrunoM

I'm currently living in Porto, so I get to see the best team in the world at the stadium fairly often! ;)
Really damn lucky you !!!

Where are you originally from ?

I haven't gone to Portugal in the last 2 years last time I was there I went to watch 2 league games and one champions league one loved it

Every same weekend watch the games !!

lem0n

Expensive month so far. Ugh. First up, roll bar and new sticky tires for my Miata. Daily driver needs to look cool and stick to the ground.

10723641_10152489254044506_1600675224_n_zps29939b51.jpg

I ordered some other goodies for inside last week, finally came in today. Got it all installed and working today!

10708170_10152489254144506_1208101371_n_zpsaf183c76.jpg

Oh it's not only been car stuff this month....

Got some games last night at midnight release. Decided there that the lady and I are going to play through GoW together after we play Borderlands. Sleepy Dawgs is for me.

1958463_10152487025979506_439999045968854962_n_zps170fb3ff.jpg

Repost of the two games but I threw them in the pic with my new headset, too. Idk why lol. The Astros are fucking incredible, by the way. It's the brand new Gen 2 model, made just for XB1. Oh and a bling-bling controller because it was on clearance and I needed another 360 pad to split screen. I lost my other one

10723586_10152489254154506_1571895767_n_zpsefff622b.jpg

thenexus6

Watch_Dogs was one of my most hyped games of the year but when it came out with what I was seeing and hearing I decided against getting it. I found a mint copy on AV Forums for £12 so I figured if the game isn't good i'll still get my moneys worth.

FnDpOPV.jpg

Also picked up two blank PS4 cases. I get sent a few promo copies of games i.e. blank white discs with no boxes or anything and it drives me nuts. So I bought these with the intention of printing off the box art.

Nisa65

Been kinda broke the last few months but the arrival of this lot should keep me occupied at least until my next pay day.

thenexus6

images

FINALLY went on sale. Cool thing, PS4 premium cost £14 PS3 cost £10. And the PS3 premium is cross by with the PS4 game so I got it a little cheaper.

Oh wow, that's a really nice game case. I've been looking for a new one for my on-the-go quick-switch-stash after filling up my old one. I'll have to look this up. Where did you end up getting yours and how much did it run?

Well, i live in asia... Got it at one of the local game stores, its a hori job with japanese text on the back. It cost me the equivalent of 8 us dollars so maybe youd have some luck buying online. :) found a link for ya:

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&...lFn185Qb749gFGq5w&sig2=Dk-QsNXZlAsNdngm2qBI0A

The "snap" of the cartridge/card locking into place on these hori cases feels really good, i only ever buy hori stuff for lugging my 3DS and Vita crap around.

The final drops of October for me (at least, the ones I actually paid for). Had to make a mad dash around the local game shops to snag the Senran Kagura, its selling like hotcakes everywhere round these parts.

Since i already got the Plat for the Japanese SKSV, im holding out on actually opening the thing till the girlfriend comes correct with that birthday PS Vita TV i conned her into buying. :p

I0DEMkv.jpg

Gameboy415

HIUIzKE.jpg

-I got the BB-exclusive version of X-Men and found House on Haunted Hill for $2 at Goodwill.

d7SlJDd.jpg

-I found Namco Museum at Goodwill (first time I've ever seen a Black Label version!), got The Evil Within & Senran Kagura from Best Buy, and got all 3 PSP Project Diva games from an eBay seller for a great price!

X0ej508.jpg

-I originally planned to get the PSTV-only but opted for the bundle as it's actually a pretty good deal. I'm loving this thing so far - it's so tiny!

k3azMdA.jpg

-The New 3DS is great! The 3D looks so much better and the faceplate is really nice quality (although I thought it would be more silver/metallic in color, based on the online photos).
Unfortunately, I'm a moron and didn't realize that the black cradle I ordered is only for XL/LL models but I'll probably grab a New XL when they come out in the US so I can save it for that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
First batch of October pick-ups:

-iPhone 6 Plus (64GB, silver/white)
-Super Smash Bros For 3DS
-Vita TV (got it for the same price as the American PSTV!)
-Vita 2000 Borderlands bundle (Took advantage of a Gamestop deal and traded up my 1000)

15322352747_3755e79ba7_b.jpg

Second batch:

-Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical Edition
-DC Comics Bishoujo Statue Starfire
-New Nintendo 3DS
-The Evil Within
-Hyrule Warriors

14926242173_f27dc00cbe_b.jpg

illusionary

I've not had a good reason to post in here for a little while, but this week's been quite a productive one for the collection:

7kwI87r.jpg

Aubergine

Neo Member
And these two.
J61KzR4.jpg

Ooh man, nice fig pickups. I've been wanting that Bandai Mario for a while now, just haven't pulled the trigger. It seems great quality for the relatively low price.

I've not had a good reason to post in here for a little while, but this week's been quite a productive one for the collection:

7kwI87r.jpg

Is that a sealed copy of LA? Either way that thing looks mint. Nice pick ups. I had no idea PAL N64 boxes looked like that what with half the box space being taken up by that framing border. Why the heck did they do that?

illusionary

Is that a sealed copy of LA? Either way that thing looks mint. Nice pick ups. I had no idea PAL N64 boxes looked like that what with half the box space being taken up by that framing border. Why the heck did they do that?

If only! Nah, it's in a Sentinel64 box protector (as are the others pictured). I've become quite a fan of theirs after a few orders - as you've highlighted, they give the games a great 'premium; feel.

There were a fair few third-party PAL N64 games without the border, but yeah, this design does seem somewhat wasteful of the boxart space! I think they used it for most (possibly all?) first-party games.

Edit: not all first-party games - Majora's Mask is an example of a PAL game with no black border to the boxart.

jakeumms

She's s little monkey who had already learnt to climb the curtains.
Think her name is Lucy after Harvey Dent's mum :)

That's perfect. I love it! Lucy is a great name too. Much better than Duela, Harvey Dent's daughter, who kicked it with the Teen Titans back in the 70's and who was, for some bizarre reason, going by the name Joker's Daughter. I hope you and Lucy have a long and happy life together.

Top Bottom