• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

prateeko

Might as well contribute.

Firstly I got a real cheap, backlit GBA in ($60 shipped). I'm going to try taking it out, modifying the body of another gba and putting it in there.
CyZ2sdd.jpg

Aaaand here's how I plan to do it (or end up in the ER):
Fwx1Hg7.jpg

prateeko

Where did you get the GBA?

eBay. Normally the kids (LCD plus ribbon) for for $50-$60 but some new, untested seller popped up and a few of us from here bit. The shell and everything (except the motherboard it appears) are aftermarket and even by the knock off standards its fair at best.

Problem is the GBA AGS-101 replacement screen supply has dried up so now even the modded systems using almost all fake parts are running $100+ This one I jumped on cuz it was the same cost as the normal backlighting kit (which doesn't include the motherboard).

I have a Midnight Blue (JPN) Limited edition GBA and a Suicune Pokémon Center edition GBA I was gonna put the innards into, but that requires whittling down some of the shell (hence the dremel).

meppi

Yeah, it's going crazy fast nowadays. I'm not gambling anymore about games getting cheaper over time. Especially not Nintendo series like Zelda, Fire Emblem, ... even though there have been notable exceptions like The Phantom Hourglass.

I'm going to be doing the exact same thing from now on.
I have always done this in the past, but last year I somehow decided to go digital on the 3DS since it's so much more convenient to have all the games on your system at all times.
Coupled with all the free games Nintendo was giving away with various promotions, this seemed to be the perfect plan.

Not sure what changed, but I've done a complete turnaround again, and I want to have everything as a physical copy whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

So that meant grabbing half a dozen games that I already have in digital form.
I didn't expect to get crazy bargains on Nintendo games at all, but I certainly didn't expect to pay 5-10€ more for the same game from only one or two stores that still have stock, I could have bought those same games a little cheaper last year from literally every game shop you can imagine.

Lesson learned I guess. ;)

Too lazy to get a picture of the box, so here's a shot of it in my hands. My new WiiU just got here a few days ago! Having a blast so far!

3k6qRTS.jpg

Futaba

Nice pick up, so jealous. What are your plans for it? It seems to be already modified. Is the engine modified as well or is a stock L20?
Haven't had chance to look over it fully yet, I actually bought it last summer but it's been in storage since while the paperwork was being sorted out (previous owner had died without writing a will, and I bought it from one of his family members, so i've been waiting for them to sort out the legal fluff).
Got the paperwork though last week confirming it's now in my name, will probably pick up up next week, just going to strip it down and rebuild from chassis up replacing any damage/rust/missing parts, as far as i'm aware the engines a completely stock S20 (from a 2000gt), the son (whome I bought it from) said it was running up until the day his father stopped driving it due to illness.

Should be a fun project, I need to get in touch with Rocky Auto over in Aichi and see if i can source some parts I know i'll end up needing.

Haven't had chance to look over it fully yet, I actually bought it last summer but it's been in storage since while the paperwork was being sorted out (previous owner had died without writing a will, and I bought it from one of his family members, so i've been waiting for them to sort out the legal fluff).
Got the paperwork though last week confirming it's now in my name, will probably pick up up next week, just going to strip it down and rebuild from chassis up replacing any damage/rust/missing parts, as far as i'm aware the engines a completely stock S20 (from a 2000gt), the son (whome I bought it from) said it was running up until the day his father stopped driving it due to illness.

Should be a fun project, I need to get in touch with Rocky Auto over in Aichi and see if i can source some parts I know i'll end up needing.

If its from a 2000gt, then its most likely an L20 instead of the DOHC S20 engine. The S20 is very rare and expensive, as in $5-10k. I think they put less than 2500 of them in all cars combined. The L20 is the standard SOHC that comes in most of the cars they made, like the skyline, fairlady, and all the big sedans. At least that means parts are cheap and easy to come by, which probably wont be the case if you need anything for the interior.

Futaba

At least that means parts are cheap and easy to come by, which probably wont be the case if you need anything for the interior.

No worries on the interior, this will be the 9th classic i've restored since i was 16, I'm getting pretty good at interior rennovation

Alongside Metro Redux (which looks and plays amazing) I decided to cross the complete musical spectrum with this lot over the weekend ... lol
BwYp9j-IUAEPsxA.jpg:large

glaurung

Realized only last week that Kotobukiya has already released their 1/100 scale Metal Gear Ray. Ordered immediately and had it delivered to my doorstep this morning.

Don't pay attention to the scratches, Kotobukiya opted for some super-glossy cover and it would have gotten banged up in transport one way or the other.

And yes, I do own the Rex model from the same series too.

kotoraysmall.jpg

Danganronpa 2 (Vita) with art 'book'? Yeah right... nothing more than a glorified pamphlet. Ah well, I always had the game ordered regardless of trinkets so it's not a huge deal. Wasn't prepared to pay silly money for the LE either.

i0yWOKU7vn3zY.JPG

iIpKTrJVWUo2l.JPG

ibhgzulRHzht5p.JPG

iRhsLWsvHYauM.JPG

ibaro2wdJOa3tY.JPG

Gustavovj

Neo Member
First Time posting here!

Got some stuff this last week! Crappy iPhone picks....

E68E603A5.jpg

This is how the controllers look on the charge base

63A8D8377.jpg

Oled Vita!

2CA0D4413.jpg

A50D18344.jpg

Pre Ordered Fifa 15 for PS4

6A2342E1D.jpg

Greetings from Costa Rica guys!

thenexus6

Big start of the month for me so far...

zQZH2vU.jpg

PS Vita slim with 16GB card. My first handheld since the DS Lite!!!

BPTA31K.jpg

First game. Persona 4 Golden - PSN (finally!!)

Tearaway

PS vita sleeve case

12 Month PS+ my current sub ends on 09/09

kVzVsfC.jpg

TMl0OCN.jpg

Uniqlo socks

pariah164

Big start of the month for me so far...

zQZH2vU.jpg

PS Vita slim with 16GB card. My first handheld since the DS Lite!!!

BPTA31K.jpg

First game. Persona 4 Golden - PSN (finally!!)

Tearaway

PS vita sleeve case

12 Month PS+ my current sub ends on 09/09
Welcome to VitaGAF!

Also, obligatory gif.

xjPi6Th.gif

Got this the other day from Nintendo UK.

OyAubnb.jpg

Saw this on sale at a reasonable price, so I went for it.

SDofHSc.jpg

Decided to go for a few games from my youth.

IhplmAo.jpg

SjPnCId.jpg

Saw these two with no bids, so I went for them and won.

29yFiU0.jpg

Watched a documentary about this guy, and all the people who were being interviewed said how great the books he wrote about his experiences were, so I thought I would give it a try.

nH7zi82.jpg

Mbrill82

WMi11Kl.jpg

I've been needing a second DS4 for awhile but I've been waiting til this white one was released. Pretty excited about it. The $10 PSN card is for Minecraft on PS4 for my son, I didn't have quite enough credit on my acct.

Ludono

I picked up all 3 LEs~

Bwu_FJNIcAA8vAz.jpg

(sorry for the bad pic, I have a horrible cam and no lighting)

Saw these in the store the other day at around 700HKD each ($90ish USD?) What's different with each one and what exactly are those games besides obviously being Love Live inspired lol

Josephl64

Saw these in the store the other day at around 700HKD each ($90ish USD?) What's different with each one and what exactly are those games besides obviously being Love Live inspired lol

They're LEs which contain different figures based off of the idols of their group(shown on their covers). They also contain unique songs to their respective groups, and are rhythm games.

astonish

Still working my backlog so no real gaming pickups other than Destiny are planned. However...

I pulled the trigger last week and bought an 32GB wifi iPad Air. I know the next-gen are probably only a month away, but I have so many PDFs to read for work and wanted to start taking digital notes again. I had a OG iPad which did nothing but crash all the time so I picked this up. Probably try some iOS games that I bought that ran like shit on my OG iPad. I also explored some stylus (Jot Note script = good, but loud and has major battery issues so it was returned. Currently rocking Wacom Bamboo which is good for sketching, but only OK for notes, tip is too soft).

Also baggage for fall from Nice-pkg (bonus JPN saturn games pic)

Top Bottom