• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Subxero

6phR02N.jpg

Picked up my first projector. BenQ w1070 and 6 pairs of 3d glasses.

Still have to decide on a screen but the picture looks great on a white wall. I imagine it will be even better when setup properly.

vdlWEeV.jpg

Sorry about using cell pics.

Watched a documentary about this guy, and all the people who were being interviewed said how great the books he wrote about his experiences were, so I thought I would give it a try.

nH7zi82.jpg

Check out Trick Baby too
2618366.jpg

Gameboy415

Man, those covers are a lot nicer than the US releases - the black cases look slick too!

Speaking of Godzilla, I just got this guy in the mail:

OppRuUZ.jpg

The sculpt is fantastic and he looks great next to the Godzilla 2000 figure I got last Spring.
I'm kicking myself for not also ordering Godzilla 1964 when Amazon had it in-stock a month or so ago. It's seemingly sold out everywhere now and scalpers are selling it for nearly double. :(

jkLjkok.jpg

-After hearing about Scream Factory's CE of Lifeforce going OOP (I just ordered a copy of on eBay!), I decided to grab the other horror flicks I wanted while they were on sale.
I actually haven't seen a few of these before so I'm saving them for my annual '31 Days of Horror' next month! :D

LkI4Esj.jpg

-I nabbed the pre-owned Hatsune Miku imports super-cheap on Amazon (Project Mirai even came with 2 sets of unopened AR cards!) and got Layton for $20 from Best Buy.
I found the pictured Wii games at Gamestop when I went in to pre-order Project Diva F 2nd. :)

Havoc2049

A picked-up a couple of SSI games for the Atari ST, the strategy wargame Colonial Conquest and the RPG Demon's Winter. I love the box art on SSI games.

WP_20140906_002_zps5908bd38.jpg

A couple of new 2014 adventure game releases for the Jaguar CD, Elansar and Philia: The Sequel to Elansar.
WP_20140823_003_zps273830bb.jpg

A picked-up a couple of SSI games for the Atari ST, the strategy wargame Colonial Conquest and the RPG Demon's Winter. I love the box art on SSI games.

A couple of new 2014 adventure game releases for the Jaguar CD, Elansar and Philia: The Sequel to Elansar.
Wow, awesome Jaguar

Are they newly released Jag CD games?! Kinda like how new Dreamcast games pop up now and again?

haikira

img_20140907_130007dfsmt.jpg

Bought the PC version a few weeks ago, but i've been having some real difficulties with it, including what's now a game stopping bug. Decided to just go and play it, how it's meant to be played. Also picked up some stuff I was missing for my PS2.

img_20140907_130034sjsb8.jpg

I didn't actually get to see the Winter Soldier in the cinema. Now that I've seen it, I think it's one of the best films in the Avengers series.

I did get to see the Raid 2 in the cinema, but I'm looking forward to getting to see it again, as the first time I saw it was kind of ruined by some people who wouldn't shut up in the cinema. I've had a friend tell me the special features are good for this release too.

Already completed the Metro games before, on the PC, but was more than happy to buy them again for the PS4. I'm about ten minutes from finishing 2033 redux, then I'm going to finish Last Light, after I down Silent Hill 3.

Reddaye

Banned
Not a month of quantity, but quality:

7RliCR4.jpg

Jumped into the new gen with both feet.

BySLDOw.jpg

Got good deals on these. I already own PVZ for PC, but decided to double dip on XB1. Great game.

Havoc2049

Are they newly released Jag CD games?! Kinda like how new Dreamcast games pop up now and again?

Ya, brand new games, just released last month, but I was a little late in ordering and didn't get them till the beginning of this month. They are ports of a PC/Mac/Atari Falcon hybrid CD/digital and Android release by Orion, who were big Atari computer fans, thus the Atari Falcon and Jag CD releases. Orion did release Elansar on cart last year for the Jaguar, but they said making carts is a big pain in the arse and that they wouldn't do it again..lol.

The Jag dev community is one of the most active communities for the classic consoles. It is mainly because Atari was also a computer manufacturer and many programmers and game developers cut their teeth on Atari computers when they were young.

Next week the Jag gets Protector: Resurgence, a defender style shmup.

Cheddahz

Banned
Bw9R_rqIMAAaFIC.jpg

I ended up going to Gamestop and cancelling my Destiny PS4 bundle and exchanging my copy of Wolfenstein I had gotten for the PS4 and I walked out with all of this (and I had enough money from the pre-order to pay off Forza Horizon 2)

tenz0r

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw9R_rqIMAAaFIC.jpg

I ended up going to Gamestop and cancelling my Destiny PS4 bundle and exchanging my copy of Wolfenstein I had gotten for the PS4 and I walked out with all of this (and I had enough money from the pre-order to pay off Forza Horizon 2)

What made you switch from PS4 to XB1? Was it the free game offer that Microsoft was offering for XB1?

dracula_x

Mostly digital stuff this month.

Vita games (Soul Sacrifice Delta, Don't Starve: Giant Edition and Rogue Legacy)

DmJ167N.jpg

"Console Wars" book

dEGEqDh.jpg

music albums

VS1mz6h.jpg

hoodies

UuRe4Og.jpg

RP1oOZX.jpg

Lofv3H5.jpg

Upupupupu

They look beautiful together. Great pickup combo.

I desperately want to play em both, but time constraints and that a fellow Gaffer mentioned not playing them when feeling emotionally fragile (paraphrased and inferred from their actual advice) I will have to hold out. Plus, it's damned expensive for physical copies in the UK.

Picked up this as a spare pad for the long nights of Destiny ahead.

image.jpg

The battery life on these things is so atrocious that i need one on charge at all times.

Looks nice in red though : )

Top Bottom