• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

So going by their guide they recommend me to do the 30 stamina version.

I guess I'll try it first. I'll only do the 40 stamina one if I don't get Mihawk on the easier version (it'll probably cost me gems though). I don't think I'm going to farm him for this event. He is definitely going to come back, and getting him once is good enough for me right now TBH.
I'll go for the 40-stamina version, but I won't be farming multiple of him this time either. Just one is enough for me right now, so I can focus on leveling him up. I'll worry about increasing his skill later on.

The penguin event is live, two of them, the normal rookie one and a 15 stamina one. And yeah, Krieg has yellow turtles, just got one, heh
I just ran the new Pirate daily three times, no Red Pirate Penguin drop. I did manage to evolve my Towel Nami, though, so there's that.

As long as I can get a Red Pirate Penguin by the end of the day, I'll be happy.

Dandte

I'll go for the 40-stamina version, but I won't be farming multiple of him this time either. Just one is enough for me right now, so I can focus on leveling him up. I'll worry about increasing his skill later on.

I just ran the new Pirate daily three times, no Red Pirate Penguin drop. I did manage to evolve my Towel Nami, though, so there's that.

As long as I can get a Red Pirate Penguin by the end of the day, I'll be happy.

you should be fine, i did a single run for the fruit and got a blue, yellow and red one. sadly no rainbow but since i also have no whitebeard it dosn't matter. 1400 exp is kinda great.

pLow7

Tried Expert Don Krieg, seems easier than Arlong for me.

I'm using a Zeff/Gear3 Team and smashed through him even missing a lot of Perfects. Definitely easier than Expert Buggy!

RalchAC

Tried Expert Don Krieg, seems easier than Arlong for me.

I'm using a Zeff/Gear3 Team and smashed through him even missing a lot of Perfects. Definitely easier than Expert Buggy!

I went with my standard Fighter team (2 Zeffs, 2nd Gear Luffy, Sanji, Miss Valentine and Ussop) and was able to beat without problems. I stalled a little on every stage for Ussop special. Krieg doesn't have much health, so as long as you have a good damage multiplier you should be able to kill him in those 4-5 turns Ussop'n grants you.

So my slasherteam now is:

Arlong 1st lvl 40
Flower Vista lvl 25
Pound Zoro lvl45
Usopp Lvl40

Is that good enough for Don Krieg expert? (guess not)

What's your other unit? You've only listed 4.

And were you able to do Buggy Expert when he was available? If no, I don't think you should give it a try. I'd say this Event is quite easier than Arlong's and Kuro, not much different difficulty wise from Buggy Expert.

pLow7

I went with my standard Fighter team (2 Zeffs, 2nd Gear Luffy, Sanji, Miss Valentine and Ussop) and was able to beat without problems. I stalled a little on every stage for Ussop special. Krieg doesn't have much health, so as long as you have a good damage multiplier you should be able to kill him in those 4-5 turns Ussop'n grants you.

Tried with Double-Zeff and got wrecked by Krieg did very little damage on him. Definitely easier with a Friend G3.

Om3ga

So I made a new account just for the fun of it. Tutorial pull = Marco I'm happy since i really wanted Marco on my normal team.... then I decide to pull again and guess who it is? Shanks.... Lmao what are the odds? I guess I'm playing a second account now.

RalchAC

Tried with Double-Zeff and got wrecked by Krieg did very little damage on him. Definitely easier with a Friend G3.

Which levels do your unit has? My Fighter team is quite well leveled, here is a pic of the guys I used on my Expert Run.

jnxCe3L.png

chrono01

It happened!!!I had a near perfect run of the new Pirate Penguin Daily. Actually, I think it was mostly perfect.

Results!!

Not only that...

So yes, I'm pretty excited right now. I can finally see what a dual Gear Third Luffy team is all about.

I fused all of my hoarded Red Medium Turtles and Black Elder/Medium Turtles into him [and a couple into Towel Nami to get her started]. He's Level 58 right now, so not too bad. Hopefully I can get his level up more in the coming week(s).

pLow7

Which levels do your unit has? My Fighter team is quite well leveled, here is a pic of the guys I used on my Expert Run.

jnxCe3L.png

Well i'm not as high leveled as you.

Zeff 36
Ace 43
Sanji 42
Ruffy 53
ussopp 39

If it's all about the levels i could spare some Turtles but don't know for whom because i have Marco on the waiting line. Need 2 levels to replace Ace with Marco and then another 8 or 9 to replace Him with Sanji.

RalchAC

Well i'm not as high leveled as you.

Zeff 36
Ace 43
Sanji 42
Ruffy 53
ussopp 39

If it's all about the levels i could spare some Turtles but don't know for whom because i have Marco on the waiting line. Need 2 levels to replace Ace with Marco and then another 8 or 9 to replace Him with Sanji.

Well, if you can do the stage without problems with a Dual 3rd Gear Luffy setup use them. Especially because there are many people out there that has got ready for Mihawks and has their G3 Luffies at level >75 (keep the hardwork guys! you'll make me life easier too :p)

There is no point on spending those precious turtles on units that you may not use all that much in the mid to long term.

I'm having a blank: is better to farm the rainbow penguin (base one, not pirate) in the rookie or veteran level?

I'm going to give it a try (they give a gem anyway!). I'll tell you my experience soon :p

Wow, it was a really short stage :p

I haven't seen a Rainbow Thief Penguin in that stage...

chrono01

I'm having a blank: is better to farm the rainbow penguin (base one, not pirate) in the rookie or veteran level?
It depends. Do you need/want the Pirate Penguins? They only drop from the Veteran stage [as well as the Rainbow Pirate Penguin], so if you only need the Penguins themselves, you can just run the Rookie one.

However, if you have any decent units whatsoever, I'm guessing you'll need the Pirate versions, so the Veteran difficulty is definitely the best one to use your Stamina on [unless you're a masochist and feel like farming them outside of the daily].

Edit: Damn sorry, I misread your post. I need sleep. :/

If you're after just the base Rainbow Penguin, I believe Rookie is best since the only way the Rainbow Penguin appears in the Veteran difficulty is as an "invade" along with the others. Granted the only one I saw managed to drop, so I'm not sure if it's one of those things where IF it invades, it's a guaranteed drop. I'm guessing it's not, since it's not by itself, but I can't be 100% sure. As for the final boss stage, it has a Rainbow Pirate Penguin, and not the base version.

Copons

It depends. Do you need/want the Pirate Penguins? They only drop from the Veteran stage [as well as the Rainbow Pirate Penguin], so if you only need the Penguins themselves, you can just run the Rookie one.

However, if you have any decent units whatsoever, I'm guessing you'll need the Pirate versions, so the Veteran difficulty is definitely the best one to use your Stamina on [unless you're a masochist and feel like farming them outside of the daily].

Most of my units are fully evolved and those who aren't doesn't need pirate penguins or I already got them. But I need two rainbow penguins to evolve Vivi and Smoker.

So yeah, I guess I should farm the rookie level to get the most out of my stamina.

Actually, to evolve ALL my characters (except the couple of useless Mr 9 and Ms Valentine), I just need 2 rainbow penguins, 1 rainbow crab and 1 elder seahorse.

EDIT:

If you're after just the base Rainbow Penguin, I believe Rookie is best since the only way the Rainbow Penguin appears in the Veteran difficulty is as an "invade" along with the others. Granted the only one I saw managed to drop, so I'm not sure if it's one of those things where IF it invades, it's a guaranteed drop. I'm guessing it's not, since it's not by itself, but I can't be 100% sure. As for the final boss stage, it has a Rainbow Pirate Penguin, and not the base version.

Thanks!
The point was actually that I couldn't remember neither the rookie nor the veteran boss and I'm out of stamina to check (and apparently the OPTC guide doesn't say anything about these events). ^^

chrono01

Most of my units are fully evolved and those who aren't doesn't need pirate penguins or I already got them. But I need two rainbow penguins to evolve Vivi and Smoker.

So yeah, I guess I should farm the rookie level to get the most out of my stamina.

Actually, to evolve ALL my characters (except the couple of useless Mr 9 and Ms Valentine), I just need 2 rainbow penguins, 1 rainbow crab and 1 elder seahorse.

EDIT:

Thanks!
The point was actually that I couldn't remember neither the rookie nor the veteran boss and I'm out of stamina to check (and apparently the OPTC guide doesn't say anything about these events). ^^
Not a problem. Best of luck to you in your farming!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent tried Krieg yet but it sounds manageable from what ive read so far. Hope i can skill up Sanji a bit during the next days.
Hehe, thanks bro. Yeah, hope that I might stand a chance against him when he shows up.

Should be fine if you also have Arlong and Golden Pound Usopp - at least for the 30 stamina stage. I would try to get him this time since it might be months until he comes back around xD

btw. Did you already post your ID here ? Have a spot free, so add me if you like. 625.346.186

It happened!!!I had a near perfect run of the new Pirate Penguin Daily. Actually, I think it was mostly perfect.
Results!!

Not only that...

So yes, I'm pretty excited right now. I can finally see what a dual Gear Third Luffy team is all about.

I fused all of my hoarded Red Medium Turtles and Black Elder/Medium Turtles into him [and a couple into Towel Nami to get her started]. He's Level 58 right now, so not too bad. Hopefully I can get his level up more in the coming week(s).

Awesome man - congrats !!

I shall benefit from your two new Captains :)
What a run, didnt even know that the Rainbow Penguin drop on that stage - must be a rare encounter. Very nice !!

I managed to get a rainbow penguin all i need is a rainbow dragon and about 12 more levels till edwards max...i almost forgot to not evolve him before mihawk otherwise he won't fit on the crew with that 55 cost

Majukun

And I'm sure the luckier one is your alt account, right?

exactly

the main account gets mostly baby turtles and none of the rare drops...

on my alternate account i consistently get more teenage turtles during special islands and i just got a rainbow pirate penguin at first try

exception to the rule is for gatcha...i am unlucky with them in both account..if we don't count a baloon luffy found on my main account.

Dandte

Dammit i got wrecked super hard at extreme. Tried a Lion zoro/vivi Team. The super high defense guys together with Krieg caught me offguard. I also misclicked a few times on meat... Too much perfects >.<

Nibel

Should be fine if you also have Arlong and Golden Pound Usopp - at least for the 30 stamina stage. I would try to get him this time since it might be months until he comes back around xD

btw. Did you already post your ID here ? Have a spot free, so add me if you like. 625.346.186

Yup, I have all three - G3 Luffy, Golden Hammer Usopp and evolved Arlong. Will add you asap!

Mine is 451.197.530

BTW congrats chrono01, incredible run.

Coldphire

Neo Member
I've had a different experience with Don Krieg Expert then the rest of you. I've beat him 3 out of 4 times, but I used a gem on the first run. So I've only had 2 runs that I beat without a gem and each of those I was under 1,000 health at the end.

My issue are the mobs around Krieg. They seem to have high defense so you have to hit perfects to clear them. It takes me 1 round sometimes 2 to clear each one. So once I get to hitting Krieg he has already hit me at least once.

I use a Quick team with 5 * Jozu as captain with a 5 * Ace friend so the multiplier is 5 x and my units are all between level 35-40. I'm considering switching in Helmeppo just to have 1 round with 0 defense.

Do any of you have any tips for the last stage? I also have a Zeff team of about the same level and a Green team that is a little lower. I also have a Gear 3 Luffy team, but I'm not consistent enough to trust it. I like the feeling of knowing the multipler is always active.

cw_sasuke

Can you take out the high Def enemies DJ Sanji? If you run a QCK he should be in your squad anyway. Haven't tried the stage yet but it should work unless they also have high hp stats.

@Nibel

Cool, just saw you invitation.

Do you have Golden Pound Usopp or Sogeking? Their special will delay all enemies for 3 turns so it should give you enough time to kill Krieg before he attacks.

Coldphire

Neo Member
I do have Usopp Golden Pound. I use him at the start and it sets all the timers to 4 or 5 rounds. Then I use Diable Jambe Sanji and it removes 1 mob and hurts the others. They do have high defense and high health. Then I spend 4 to 5 rounds clearing the other mobs. I feel like that is my issue. So once I get to Krieg he has hit me once and is back to his regular pattern.

My Quick team is:
5 * Diamond Jozu - level 40
5 * Diable Jambe Flambe Sanji - level 42
4 * Kuro - level 23
4 * Tashigi - level 30 OR 4 * Iron-Mace Alvida - level 37 for damage reduction and to help with Green mobs
4 * Usopp Golden Pound - level 50

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I do have Usopp Golden Pound. I use him at the start and it sets all the timers to 4 or 5 rounds. Then I use Diable Jambe Sanji and it removes 1 mob and hurts the others. They do have high defense and high health. Then I spend 4 to 5 rounds clearing the other mobs. I feel like that is my issue. So once I get to Krieg he has hit me once and is back to his regular pattern.

My Quick team is:
5 * Diamond Jozu - level 40
5 * Diable Jambe Flambe Sanji - level 42
4 * Kuro - level 23
4 * Tashigi - level 30 OR 4 * Iron-Mace Alvida - level 37 for damage reduction and to help with Green mobs
4 * Usopp Golden Pound - level 50

Your team level is too low for expert. Especially for all the multicolored mobs all over the place.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Your team level is too low for expert. Especially for all the multicolored mobs all over the place.

This same team was an easy clear of the Arlong Expert stage. Obviously that was because of the bonus damage from the blue versus the red. I can get to the last stage of the Krieg Expert with full health and with all my Specials ready except Ace's. However I agree I do need to get more damage output. I'll work on getting more levels. I was working on getting all of my main units to level 40, however maybe I should concentrate on one team over the others and raise them higher.

qazqaNii

This same team was an easy clear of the Arlong Expert stage. Obviously that was because of the bonus damage from the blue versus the red. I can get to the last stage of the Krieg Expert with full health and with all my Specials ready except Ace's. However I agree I do need to get more damage output. I'll work on getting more levels. I was working on getting all of my main units to level 40, however maybe I should concentrate on one team over the others and raise them higher.

I am pretty sure I used your Jozu as a friend captain when I ran my QCK team which consisted of:

Jozu (yours)
Jozu (captain lvl. 32)
Diable Sanji (40)
Miss Valentine (38)
Kuro 3* (56)

I ended up with 30k+ HP but I barely killed don krieg, I had only 2k hp left when he died.
You could try a slasher team, I just did one with the following:

Arlong Friend
Princess Vivi (Captain lv. 72)
Arlong (50)
Asura Zoro (36)
Shanks (39 could not go through kriegs defense so feel free to switch for whatever slasher you have here)
GOD Usopp

You can tank don krieg so you won't die because of him, and you could stall each rounds to get ussopp ready for his special if you would need him, I had 6.9k hp with this team and vivi healed 2005 and krieg hit 4004 with 2 turn intervall so I would heal 100% till his next attack, sure it may be abit slow but it is not that slow :p.

Is there a benefit to getting the same character multiple times?

I'm trying to level up my Pirate Lv as much as possible right now (it's 42 atm). Yesterday I farmed Elite Buggy (best EXP per STA stage that I can beat ATM) and I ended up with multiple copies of Buggy and Cabaji. Today, I've been farming Krieg (same reason) and got 3 Gin drops already.

I'm trying to level up my Pirate Lv as much as possible right now (it's 42 atm). Yesterday I farmed Elite Buggy (best EXP per STA stage that I can beat ATM) and I ended up with multiple copies of Buggy and Cabaji. Today, I've been farming Krieg (same reason) and got 3 Gin drops already.

Well, if you feed a character itself (regardless of evolution), you get a sizable exp. bonus. If your fed character has the same special ability as the character (many evolved forms do not have the same special as their first forms) it is eating, there is also a small chance its skill level will increase.

In unrelated news, pirate penguins! I needed one green pirate to be able to evolve my Smoker and still have enough for Mihawk. And what happens?
... I have 8 greens and pretty much nothing else. I wanted to stock up on them all, hah.

Coldphire

Neo Member

Use the extra copies to Power Up the first one you got. You will get the normal exp + same character bonus exp (which I think is double) + a chance to level up the special which will make it useable 1 turn sooner each time you level up.

The only exception I can think of would be if units special changes when it evolves and you really like the lower level one. I that case you would want multiple copies. One to evolve for the stats and one to keep at the lower level for the special if you need it. For example Usopp Golden Pound.

RalchAC

I'd say you should boost whatever team helps you clear the current content better in the short term. After a while you'll see that you've pretty much leveled everything you wanted decently. And I wouldn't recommend leveling up units above 60-70 yet. The amount of exp to go from 50 to 70 is 600k and from 70 to 99 it's like 2 million. You'd better level up some units to llevel 50-60 with that EXP

Is there a ben to getting the same character multiple times?

You can feed them to the same character for a exp boost and a chance of reducing their skill cooldown.

I wish we could use gems to have more friend slots. Having to delete a bunch of Arlong and G3 friends on a daily basis to add other captains is getting tiresome. I can see half of my friend list switch to Mihawk next week so those will be the ones to delete. If only we could set 2 Captains instead of just one ...

cw_sasuke

I wish we could use gems to have more friend slots. Having to delete a bunch of Arlong and G3 friends on a daily basis to add other captains is getting tiresome. I can see half of my friend list switch to Mihawk next week so those will be the ones to delete. If only we could set 2 Captains instead of just one ...
Yeah we need 2 Captains per User or just more slots, right now my whole list is full of G3 and Arlongs. Ace vanished, as well as Asura Zoro is gone as well... Meh.

Hope we will have more diversity again after Mihawk.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah we need 2 Captains per User or just more slots, right now my whole list is full of G3 and Arlongs. Ace vanished, as well as Asura Zoro is gone as well... Meh.

Hope we will have more diversity again after Mihawk.
It will just be G3 and Mihawk then, lol. WB will pop up after a few more Sugofests.

Dandte

Btw did you changed your Crew Team Name?
Also i managed to beat Krieg with a double towel nami Team. Thx to that lvl 80 nami friend captain.

Btw did you changed your Crew Team Name?
Also i managed to beat Krieg with a double towel nami Team. Thx to that lvl 80 nami friend captain.

No it's still "KorialGAF,Madara/r". I just checked and you're there in my friend list, I don't remember deleting anyone with "@GAF" in their crew name anyway.

Oh so Nami is more useful for this Krieg campaign? I'll swithc my captain to Nami to help people then, atm giving everyone God hammer Usopp to delay his attack and such XD

RalchAC

Shiiiiiit.

The feeling when you start a 30 stamina battle with a team you shouldn't is terrible.

There I was, with my mediocre Slasher team (which I use mainly for training Arlong tap timing) and a Zeff friend.

Fuck.

Top Bottom