• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Xcution

I had enough Stamina for 3 more turtle runs, but couldn't do it purely due to time. 30 minutes is pretty cramped, and I'm already running the tandem Marines team. How are you clearing the levels so quickly?

I am able to do 12 runs if my box does not get full and woth a bit of luck. I am running a luffy G3 team and i always leave luffy or arlong with an S orb and one shot elder ak super easy.

tadabola

Japanese version has some crazy ass events going on, Sugofest 2 + a new community event that involves sharing

yeah its awesome. new chars (second batch of strong world with an 6* ace) and even the oportunity to CHOSE one of the strong word mugiwaras to get, and 35 gems total if all goals are achieved.

Really hope the global version do something like that, I would like a chance to get some rare chars that I choose.

Majukun

yeah its awesome. new chars (second batch of strong world with an 6* ace) and even the oportunity to CHOSE one of the strong word mugiwaras to get, and 35 gems total if all goals are achieved.

Really hope the global version do something like that, I would like a chance to get some rare chars that I choose.

wait choose a character?
sounds awesome..even though if i remember correctly everyone will go with luffy

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Japanese version has some crazy ass events going on, Sugofest 2 + a new community event that involves sharing

Gotta love Bamco and how much free stuff we get with the game - just looking at the JPN release it wont stop anytime soon. Very good.

wait choose a character?
sounds awesome..even though if i remember correctly everyone will go with luffy

You can only chose which evo material for one character to get...not the unit itself if i understood it correctly. With 2.0 we also got free evo material for Asura Zoro i think, so its comparable.

Nibel

Yeah, that choose-your-character reward is incredible; you basically get Strong World Luffy for free and then some.

I wonder how strong the global OPTC community is and if they'll achieve all those goals.

I'm going to try taking down Mihawk using Gear Third. But I'll more than likely put up my level five Laboon for other people to use during Mihawk, so use the document to add me if you need some Laboon action. I have Laboon, Vivi, Gear Third, and Lion Song so I can literally pick any of the main options.

Xeroblade

I'm going to try taking down Mihawk using Gear Third. But I'll more than likely put up my level five Laboon for other people to use during Mihawk, so use the document to add me if you need some Laboon action. I have Laboon, Vivi, Gear Third, and Lion Song so I can literally pick any of the main options.
I used your lion song for my rainbow dragon. I owe you a drink. :)

I think that I'm Gold chest today (be cool if someone could confirm), so let's break some barrels!! Prefer Gold obviously, but I'm good with Silver too!

StMeph

Is there any Mihawk video of someone using two G3 Luffys out there?

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, Perfect (repeat)

Actually, there's supposed to be a bit of stalling to enable Ussop, and the timing for Ussop's active is basically to skip Mihawk's going berserk once his health gets low, but that should all only matter on the 40-stam version for G3 Luffy. On 30-stam it should be safe to totally blitz through and just clear through each stage.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, though.

Actually, there's supposed to be a bit of stalling to enable Ussop, and the timing for Ussop's active is basically to skip Mihawk's going berserk once his health gets low, but that should all only matter on the 40-stam version for G3 Luffy. On 30-stam it should be safe to totally blitz through and just clear through each stage.

Mihawk's regular attack on 40 stam does 10k damage, so unless you're confident in being able to do 600k+ damage to him every turn (assuming you use alvida), you definitely need Usopp. Stalling in 40 is easy, you can get Usopp's special ready without taking any hits (other than the inescapable pre-emptives and a few scratches from the penguin), however ...

On 30-stam it should be safe to totally blitz through and just clear through each stage.

... stalling in the 30 stamina version is harder and you'll need to intentionally take some hits on multiple stages to get the specials ready. Another problem is that the high def mobs have 5 HP in 30 stamina (4 HP in 40 except for the seahorse who has 5) so a 2x G3 + Arlong team won't be able to kill everyone. If some units get locked, your G3 team will deal much less damage and you'll probably need that Usopp. You can use a fixed damage special like Sanji/Vista but you'll have to stall for those as well.

Here's a couple videos I recorded last week (if this is not ok I'll remove the links):

30 stamina
40 stamina

Majukun

Aw crap; the blog confused me lol

Mind to give me your number? Might use Laboon!

---

Is there any Mihawk video of someone using two G3 Luffys out there?

you find me in the list on the first post...it's my secondary account though..the first one uses g3 luffy

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
... stalling in the 30 stamina version is harder and you'll need to intentionally take some hits on multiple stages to get the specials ready. Another problem is that the high def mobs have 5 HP in 30 stamina (4 HP in 40 except for the seahorse who has 5) so a 2x G3 + Arlong team won't be able to kill everyone. If some units get locked, your G3 team will deal much less damage and you'll probably need that Usopp. You can use a fixed damage special like Sanji/Vista but you'll have to stall for those as well.

Here's a couple videos I recorded last week (if this is not ok I'll remove the links):

30 stamina
40 stamina
Not bringing green + purple seems to work too if you want to go g3 x2 + Arlong?

Not bringing green + purple seems to work too if you want to go g3 x2 + Arlong?

If some of the mobs don't find anyone to lock they'll attack you (like the yellow mob in the video) so you need to keep enough HP to tank that and the preemptive. I'm not sure if all of them deal the same amount of damage though.

Heng

So where are you guys farming for the baby turtles of different color? I was doing Orange Town, but now that it's not .5 stamina I don't know where to farm for it.

Wazzy

Banned
So where are you guys farming for the baby turtles of different color? I was doing Orange Town, but now that it's not .5 stamina I don't know where to farm for it.
I was doing Syrup and Baratie. Syrup has three of them with Usopp and Baratie seems to have decent drop rates.

For yellow and purple(pretty much unnecessary with TT) the Kreig event isn't too bad for them.

DrAg0nBoY

Got a lvl 10 Laboon drop today. I am kinda happy, because now I have a chance to get Mihawk. I guess now I would only need some Vivi which are a high enough level?

Can I add some of you who have Vivis at a high enough level? I am bringing a lvl 10 Laboon :D.

StMeph

Got a lvl 10 Laboon drop today. I am kinda happy, because now I have a chance to get Mihawk. I guess now I would only need some Vivi which are a high enough level?

Can I add some of you who have Vivis at a high enough level? I am bringing a lvl 10 Laboon :D.

Obviously for this event you should just use the level 10, but with the way Laboon works, you're better off farming for the level 5 version from the stage before, in the future.

DrAg0nBoY

Obviously for this event you should just use the level 10, but with the way Laboon works, you're better off farming for the level 5 version from the stage before, in the future.

Oh really? I didn't know that. What is wrong with the level 10 Laboon?

I downloaded the Japanese version to my phone earlier this week, but, with the announcement of the upcoming Sugofest, I guess I should hold off on starting quite yet. I've got the whole Droid4x thing setup, so I'll probably do a bunch of rerolls that day. Who should I shoot for? I'm thinking Raleigh or Sengoku, but what do you guys think?

Oh really? I didn't know that. What is wrong with the level 10 Laboon?

The Laboon + Vivi team works by Vivi healing every round to keep the team's HP over 50%. At HP of 50%+, Laboon's ability will allow the team to survive any attack from a single enemy (if 2 attack on the same turn, it doesn't work).

Thus, the teams HP needs to be less than 2x Vivi's heal. Lvl 5 Laboon keeps his contribution to the HP pool lower, so that you can have more powerful units (like Arlong or Luffy) to deal more damage and beat Mihawk faster.

Crabs are great for this, btw. 50 HP, 300 Atk. Dragons are good too, with 500 of both.

Wazzy

Banned
Alright I think I'm now definitely ready for Mihawk

My team:
Gear3 Level 66
Asura Level 44
SmokerEvolved Level 39
EnragedArlong level 44
GodUsopp 31

I still have 15 Teens, 7 elders, a bunch of baby purple turtles and a bunch of unevolved pigs I can use for either Mihawk or my team. If anyone thinks I should a bit more into any specific characters I'd love for the heads up! :D

I downloaded the Japanese version to my phone earlier this week, but, with the announcement of the upcoming Sugofest, I guess I should hold off on starting quite yet. I've got the whole Droid4x thing setup, so I'll probably do a bunch of rerolls that day. Who should I shoot for? I'm thinking Raleigh or Sengoku, but what do you guys think?

I would say Raleigh. I considered also playing japanese version but I'd rather experience all of the events on my main account since I love my team.

chrono01

Anyone want to barrel break with me? I have two more attempts for the week and am Silver today. Any other Silver [or Gold] users would be recommended, since the odds of getting something good out of Bronze just isn't worth it. :(

I'm on iOS, so if you say "YES OH GOD YES!" to the above question, you'll need to be on Android for it to work. Just let me know and I'll post the Postal Code.

Alright I think I'm now definitely ready for Mihawk

My team:
Gear3 Level 66
Asura Level 44
SmokerEvolved Level 39
EnragedArlong level 44
GodUsopp 31

I still have 15 Teens, 7 elders, a bunch of baby purple turtles and a bunch of unevolved pigs I can use for either Mihawk or my team. If anyone thinks I should a bit more into any specific characters I'd love for the heads up! :D

I would say Raleigh. I considered also playing japanese version but I'd rather experience all of the events on my main account since I love my team.
Looking good! d(^_^)v

Is there a reason why people want to evolve Mihawk asap?
People need to remember the increase in-cost when you evolve him [goes up to 50].

Granted, a lot of the people in this topic are pretty hardcore with a high Pirate Level [I'm one of them], but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Do they ever do other specials for spending Friend Points, or should I dump all of mine today before the current one ends?
Just evolution/XP material events, I believe. Basically, just save/use them any time we get an event like the one that's currently going on, and hope for the best.

cw_sasuke

Chrono im Gold today... We can barrel break if you have time. Just tell me where to meet you.

Mazre

Any opinions on best way to farm Sea Horses (3 star ones)? Sea Pony Paradise feels so ineffecient stamina wise since you get what you need or practically nothing of value. Ran 8-9 times today and got one horse and one stallion and a billion ponies/colts that I didn't need. Is it better to run story stages where they drop with 2x drop or .5 stamina? At least when you get a miss there you have a chance at some fodder/colas, though I'm guessing the drop rates are also potentially reduced compared to the sea horse stage.

chrono01

Chrono im Gold today... We can barrel break if you have time. Just tell me where to meet you.
Sounds good to me! That is, if you don't mind me only being Silver. I understand if you want to wait and pair up with a fellow Gold user.

If this is fine with you, I'll be around for a bit. The Postal Code is T5G 3A6. No worries either way.

cw_sasuke

Sounds good to me! That is, if you don't mind me only being Silver. I understand if you want to wait and pair up with a fellow Gold user.

If this is fine with you, I'll be around for a bit. The Postal Code is T5G 3A6. No worries either way.
Perfect I should be ready in like 2 minutes.

Any opinions on best way to farm Sea Horses (3 star ones)? Sea Pony Paradise feels so ineffecient stamina wise since you get what you need or practically nothing of value. Ran 8-9 times today and got one horse and one stallion and a billion ponies/colts that I didn't need. Is it better to run story stages where they drop with 2x drop or .5 stamina? At least when you get a miss there you have a chance at some fodder/colas, though I'm guessing the drop rates are also potentially reduced compared to the sea horse stage.

I usually farm those guys in half stamina islands (Twin Capes 10 for example). The drop rate isn't very high, but with half stamina you'll be getting a great pexp/stamina ratio plus all the fodder and cola.

Even the elder seahorse has a slight chance of appearing in Whiskey Peak (met him twice while doing the story stages and he dropped once) so I'll probably farm him there whenever I need one.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Finally added myself to the list. Would someone like to do some treasure chests with me. My digit is 3, but not sure what treasure chest today is.

Friended a whole bunch of peeps (Rurunaki, Xcution, Chrono001, cw_sasuke, and a few others)

Thanks!

Top Bottom