• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

StMeph

Where can we determine what our chests are for today? I'm on iOS, and so I'd need Android users' help, but would prefer to wait until I'm gold to actually ask for it.

I spent 3 gems on beating morgan

Why the rush? Morgan will be here for two weeks, and he'll be back in the future, so there's no reason to burn stones to brute-force a bad run or at lower levels than you'd like.

I was anticipating on spending like 1 or 2 gems on mihawk but i wasnt expecting to spend so many on doing morgan

Mihawk will probably take more than 1-2, but he's better than the vast majority of rare pulls, so it's still worth it.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Happy Mihawk Day everyone. Good luck tonight.

I've done Morgan Expert 3 times now and it really is a burn fight. Almost all the regular pirates start with 1 turn timers and they do high damage. So you have to destroy everyone quickly. I switched out Usopp and Alvida on my Quick team and put in another Quick unit and Luffy to help with the Green mobs and it has gone much smoother.

I love the fact that they made a level that made me rethink my usual team. I look forward to all the other tweaks and additions we get over time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Only did Expert Morgan twice but it was very easy each time - no floor has more than 3 enemies and you can stall quite some time on turtles and crabs - so getting Usopp ready for the boss isnt difficult. 6.25x QCK team with Usopp.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, this is easier than Krieg for me; love how fast it is too, guess you need Perfects for days.
dat Helmeppo tho

Coldphire

Neo Member
Only did Expert Morgan twice but it was very easy each time - no floor has more than 3 enemies and you can stall quite some time on turtles and crabs - so getting Usopp ready for the boss isnt difficult. 6.25x QCK team with Usopp.

True the crab/turtle stage 6 has 2-3 turn timers and low damage (I think) so you can stall there. I would do that if my HP was low enough that I could not take the ~5800 damage from Morgan. However I run Jozu so the 2x HP means I burn all the stages down until Morgan then take 1 or 2 hits from him without too much worry.

Since I don't have Ace I didn't have the option of going with the high power route so I found out a group that will work easily and it was smoother for me after taking out Usopp.

ya its that stage right before mihawk from watching video and stuff that ive seen that seems to be the most difficult. And in like 2 of the mihawk vids ive seen done all of the enemies that round are on a 1 round cooldown.

Those will always start with a 1 turn countdown, but in 40 stamina every team should be able to kill them in 1 turn as long as you have a unit with a combo of 5+ and use it to attack the seahorse. If you're not confident in your perfects then just use the "miss technique".

None of that makes sense? Let me quote a post from the earlier days of this game when we were analyzing the high DEF mob of Elite Buggy:

[...]Each character has a "combo" value, which corresponds to how many "hits" a character can do per turn.[...] Vivi can hit 5 times, Usopp 6 times and so on.

The maximum number of hits can be achieved if you either get a perfect or you miss since in both cases the character gets to finish their attack animation. Great will give you (combo - 1) and good (combo - 2) or less.

Alright now let's go back to the one-shot guy from elite buggy 6/7. This guy has a pretty high defense so every hit will only do 1 damage to him. The good news is that he only has 54 HP. In order to kill him in two turns, you need to be able to deal at least 27 damage per turn.

So the strategy is as follows:
  1. Make sure the sum of the "combo" values of your team + friend is at least 27
  2. Don't try to combo him (miss on purpose), let every character finish their hits before tapping the next one. You might want to practice your timing as waiting too long will end your turn.
  3. Use the same strategy on the crab
  4. ????
  5. Profit

So for stage 4/5 in 40 stamina, manually target the seahorse, hit him with Usopp (6 combo), miss, tap your next unit, miss, rinse and repeat.

I would not have the patience to do Laboon/Vivi.
After doing Rainbow Dragon twice without victory, I feel ya.

Here's my plan.

I'm going to do 30 Mihawk with Gear Third tonight. If I lose, I lose- if it is a bad enough loss to where I don't think I can win, I'll do Vivi/Laboon on 40 stamina. If it's close, I'll try again with Gear Third.
If I win and get a drop, then I'm set.
If I win and don't get a drop, I have enough stamina for another attempt.
If I lose or win without a drop the second time, I will wait for a stamina refill tomorrow morning when I wake up. Then I'll try again. I'll use gems to reset stamina if needed. Worst case scenario I go on 40 with the last few minutes, do Vivi/Laboon, and grind it out using some of my 30 gems if needed since 40 is a guaranteed drop.

I have planned for everything. Well, everything except all my Vivi friends removing me from their friends list, hah.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
True the crab/turtle stage 6 has 2-3 turn timers and low damage (I think) so you can stall there. I would do that if my HP was low enough that I could not take the ~5800 damage from Morgan. However I run Jozu so the 2x HP means I burn all the stages down until Morgan then take 1 or 2 hits from him without too much worry.

Since I don't have Ace I didn't have the option of going with the high power route so I found out a group that will work easily and it was smoother for me after taking out Usopp.

Okay sounds about right - with Ace i can take one hit from Morgan but i have Usopp up when i enter so i kill him before he arrives me. I could also lead or partner up with Jozu but the stage is capable with the Ace/Ace team.

In general, i always go the 2.5x leader..and HP/tank if necessary.

Those will always start with a 1 turn countdown, but in 40 stamina every team should be able to kill them in 1 turn as long as you have a unit with a combo of 5+ and use it to attack the seahorse. If you're not confident in your perfects then just use the "miss technique".

None of that makes sense? Let me quote a post from the earlier days of this game when we were analyzing the high DEF mob of Elite Buggy:

So for stage 4/5 in 40 stamina, manually target the seahorse, hit him with Usopp (6 combo), miss, tap your next unit, miss, rinse and repeat.

Nice, thanks for the information.

Guess i dont really need DJ Sanji for the 40 stamina version - maybe i will just tale Mr.3 instead since i can hit perfects with him easily.

I would not have the patience to do Laboon/Vivi.

If he was your only shot at the stage you would probably use him as well xD
I still havent gotten my Laboon hope i get him at some point as well.

Nibel

Dammit 30 Stamina Morgan nuked my ass twice today, first time because I chose the wrong Vivi to play with (wanted to test my Laboon team on him) and second time I underestimated an enemies damage output

Will wait until tomorrow and try to get Mihawk before uni

Hisoka

Ok im at home again.

Is there anyone left who wants to break some barrels?

Linkent? Ice? Clogger? Zeke? Anyone? :D Can check notifications now!

I have just 2 tries left!

Edit: 1 left, get it while it's hot.

As a general PSA, anyone planning on fighting Mihawk should stop spending stamina in about 2 hours so you'll have 40 stamina ready right when Mihawk comes out at 1AM EDT.

Also, I'm still looking for a few more gold chest games. PM me if interested.

chrono01

MIHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWK!

I left my Stamina just enough so I can run 40-stamina Mihawk, Rank Up, and then run 30-stamina for the completion bonus. Then I'll run 40-stamina Mihawk as much as I can within the 24 hours he's available, although I won't be using Rainbow Gems for it. The way I figure, he'll be around more times in the future, where I'll have more stamina, and thus, more use out of each Gem if I should replenish my stamina. Not only that, my Member Box space is already cramped at the moment [so many skillbooks!] so I don't really want to clutter it with more copies of Mihawk. That being said, I'll try to get as many as I naturally can within the time-frame he's here.

Best of luck to you all.

chrono01

The thing is how high of a chance do we have for mihawk to drop? Is it possible to run a vivi/lion song team?
40% on 30-stamina, 100% on 40-stamina, IIRC.

A Vivi/Lion Song Zoro is definitely possible for the 30-stamina version. The 40-stamina version, on the other hand, requires either a Laboon/Vivi team, or pure strength [Whitebeard/Gear Third Luffy].

Xeroblade

A Vivi/Lion Song Zoro is definitely possible for the 30-stamina version. The 40-stamina version, on the other hand, requires either a Laboon/Vivi team, or pure strength [Whitebeard/Gear Third Luffy].

I only have a lvl 40 vivi. So i may not pull off a labbon/viv team. About the pure strength team I dont have a gear 3 but many on my friends list do, what would be a good captain to pair with im? I have whitebeard but I assume he is better off not placed in the captain slot.

chrono01

I only have a lvl 40 vivi. So i may not pull off a labbon/viv team. About the pure strength team I dont have a gear 3 but many on my friends list do, what would be a good captain to pair with im? I have whitebeard but I assume he is better off not placed in the captain slot.
If you have a low-level Laboon [Level 5 or 10], you could try pairing up with a high-level Vivi instead.

As for the second question, you'll want to team Gear Third Luffy up with Gear Third Luffy, to take advantage of the multiplier. The same goes for Whitebeard.

Blamenco, Gear 2 or 4* Mr 5 with a collection of red units and Usopp. It'll require some gems on 40, 30 will depend on how much damage you can do. If you're willing to gem and you can hit your perfects though I'd go with 40 for the guaranteed drop.

Wazzy

Banned
MIHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWK!

I left my Stamina just enough so I can run 40-stamina Mihawk, Rank Up, and then run 30-stamina for the completion bonus. Then I'll run 40-stamina Mihawk as much as I can within the 24 hours he's available, although I won't be using Rainbow Gems for it. The way I figure, he'll be around more times in the future, where I'll have more stamina, and thus, more use out of each Gem if I should replenish my stamina. Not only that, my Member Box space is already cramped at the moment [so many skillbooks!] so I don't really want to clutter it with more copies of Mihawk. That being said, I'll try to get as many as I naturally can within the time-frame he's here.

Best of luck to you all.
I'm excited for him! When does he start?

Anyone else excited about mihawk! I have been waiting for him for a very long time.

Mihawk...Mihawk...mihawk....

I would be, but I started just a little over a week ago, so I don't stand much of a chance. :p Probably just going to wait until the next time he is rolled out to actually make an attempt.

Good luck to everyone going after him though! Hope you all get you drops.

Majukun

ok..one team with g3 luffy..one team with laboon + vivi..i'm ready for mihawk

only problem that could happen is that i miss some perfects and/or i don't finish mihawk when he is <25% health and he oneshots me

about the stage prior to mihak..the only one that has more than 4hp is the elder seahorse right?

RalchAC

omg....70 gems down the drain. That literally hurt me to watch.

Like...what was his game plan there? He had a friend captain Shanks, which boosted absolutely nothing, and a super low level Zeff. What?

The whole team is absolutely terrible.

Zeff captain.
2 QCK units, which deal less damage.
Shanks.

There is zero synergy in his team. I mean, he isn't even using the resources the game gives you. With that Arlong he could have made a decent slasher team.

Or he could have used story Luffy.

And where is Ussop?

I can't understand that team at all

koryuken

Planning to spend 30-40 gems farming Mihawk 40 STA tonight. For other farmers like myself, are you planning to wait for the next skillup event beofre trying to max his special?

koryuken

A Whitebeard team is kind of sketch for 40 STA IMO. You have to get to Mihawk and have enough life life to tank his pre-emptive 4,000 MDG. This means that you must get to his stage without having any WB captain multipliers active in most cases (unless your 30%hp is higher than 4,000). IMO G3 is waaaay easier than a WB team for this particular boss.

This should suffice, right?

5xlTUF6.png

The 250 of Merry and about 700-800 from a lvl 72 Vivi should still be under 4000.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
ok..one team with g3 luffy..one team with laboon + vivi..i'm ready for mihawk

only problem that could happen is that i miss some perfects and/or i don't finish mihawk when he is <25% health and he oneshots me

about the stage prior to mihak..the only one that has more than 4hp is the elder seahorse right?
Yes, everyone has 5 in 30 stamina though iirc

This should suffice, right?

5xlTUF6.png

The 250 of Merry and about 700-800 from a lvl 72 Vivi should still be under 4000.

Just a small thing, but the small red crabs have 50atk/50hp, so that might be a slightly better option over the penguin. Not sure if that bumps you over your HP threshold though.

Top Bottom