• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Jayhawk

I snagged 3 sets of keys, beli, and cola that Usopp managed to succeed with. A fine week of barrel-breaking. One of the pig runs only got 2/5 drops though, which was weird.

RalchAC

do we know when exactly?
also..what kind of team for him? g3 luffy with a lot of blue guys?ace team?

It depends. If there's another Mihawk raid boss I'll try to level up his special to at least 20 turns. If I achieve it and I have some friends with a similar situation I'll go for Double Mihawk with Kuro, Arlong, Mr3 and Ussop or Tashigi if I evolve her.

If not probably a Hina Jozu team with my strong Qck units and Ussop.

His skill doesn't need to be leveled, right? It isn't as useful.

We reached 40k likes so we should get our gems (unless people unlike the page).

do we know when exactly?
also..what kind of team for him? g3 luffy with a lot of blue guys?ace team?

In the JP version Chopper was mid-Coby's fortnight (next one after Hina) but since we got Mihawk a bit late he might get delayed a couple weeks as well. As for teams, it's going to be a bit tricky if you go with something different than Vivi/Zoro since our blue units selection is quite bad. Most of the teams I saw are just almost impossible for us to build right now.

Some 40 stamina videos:

2x Ace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqMKYzwIGW8 - He had a turn to spare so replacing Kaku with v2 Coby might work. Very high levels though.

2x Mihawk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoibEvk7Kg&feature=youtu.be - max special which isn't a given + probably all units are maxed as the HP is pretty high. We also don't have Lucci yet and replacing him with Tashigi will hurt the damage pretty badly (plus you'll have to waste turtles on Tashigi, ugh)

2x G3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJQvLYUM66c&index=66 we have all the units but good luck with those levels.

Vivi/Tank Zoro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAMjVWoIuSA Zoro can do 40 stamina easily when paired with a level 73+ Vivi. Laboon is NOT recommended for 40 stam if you want a gemless run, all mobs have some DEF (crabs won't cut it), hit hard and like you can see in the video most of them have a 1 turn counter. No gems needed once you reach Chopper though.

2x Jozu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0eoN7dIBvM Not sure about the levels here, check the HP to see if they are all maxed or not.

30 stamina should be doable with much lower levels.

So yeah farming him is out of my league even if I wanted to do it (I don't though, his special is meh) . I'll just use my Vivi that I leveled for Mihawk before pulling a Gear 3.

Jayhawk

I won't be able to farm Monster Chopper either. :( Vivi+Zoro tanking for half an hour! It is recommended that people at least get one Monster Chopper since his 1500 attack is the second highest in the Japanese version and great for Gear 3 teams.

Majukun

I won't be able to farm Monster Chopper either. :( Vivi+Zoro tanking for half an hour! It is recommended that people at least get one Monster Chopper since his 1500 attack is the second highest in the Japanese version and great for Gear 3 teams.

i don't have either vivi or tank zolo ...all i hjave is g3 luffy...i guess i have to just bit the shit out of him and hope it dies first

2x Jozu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0eoN7dIBvM Not sure about the levels here, check the HP to see if they are all maxed or not.

Hrmmm, that's interesting. My initial plan was to level up my QCK Jozu team before the event, but I'm not sure that's going to cut it now. If you watch until the end, he BARELY clears it.

And it appears that he is pretty high leveled too, but I'm not sure how high. I know I generally have 33.5k health with my QCK team. That's with Jozu (lvl 39), Jozu (lvl 59), Tashigi (lvl 66), Horn Point Chopper (lvl 39), and Usopp (max). So you're looking at ~2,500 extra health needed to get where he is.

Are we going to have Kaku by then? Probably not, so that's going to be a dip in overall power as well. Oh well, at least 30 Stamina should be doable.

Dandte

We reached 40k likes so we should get our gems (unless people unlike the page).

Vivi/Tank Zoro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAMjVWoIuSA Zoro can do 40 stamina easily when paired with a level 73+ Vivi. Laboon is NOT recommended for 40 stam if you want a gemless run, all mobs have some DEF (crabs won't cut it), hit hard and like you can see in the video most of them have a 1 turn counter. No gems needed once you reach Chopper though.

30 stamina should be doable with much lower levels.

Yay i will be useful again with my vivi and lion zorro :3
I did nearly 150 rerolls...nooothing good. Got a Boa and the PsyGuy from Whitebeard and a dozens of normal ace and shanks. Next Sugo-Fest will bring me Rayleigh or the New Luffy!...pls

RalchAC

Nice that we got the 40k likes. Hopefully they'll give the 3 gems they promised for the 13, 14 and 15k likes too. 8 gems + 5 Elder Turtles + 5 Pigs would be great.

I've started to level up my Vivi, which isn't in her Princess evo yet. There wasn't much more I could do with my Turtles.

She is level 50 right now after I fed her a bunch of turtles. I'm sure he'll be useful sometime in the future. Maybe even for Monster Chopper if I can't get something better.

His skill doesn't seem all that great, so I don't think I'll farm him either.

Garp on the other hand... his orb converting skills will be quite handy and we should farm him as much as posible.

I currently have 68 stamina. I need to level up 24 more levels in order to get 80. With the EXP bump at Hina event should be doable in a few weeks (I'd get a new level every 5-6 runs)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Finally got an Arlong to drop but he is 3* not 4* (I don't even know if the 4* version drops in story mode or not), and I spent all of yesterday's turtles, so I have nothing to level him up with.

Now I'll have to wait a week or grind random stages to get him to 50, + get his Evo mats, while hopefully squeezing in some Hina runs too, so I don't miss out on her first week.

I'm starting to understand dat Treasure Cruise life... Although honestly all things considered he dropped after maybe ~30ish runs so it could have been worse.

Finally got an Arlong to drop but he is 3* not 4* (I don't even know if the 4* version drops in story mode or not), and I spent all of yesterday's turtles, so I have nothing to level him up with.

Now I'll have to wait a week or grind random stages to get him to 50, + get his Evo mats, while hopefully squeezing in some Hina runs too, so I don't miss out on her first week.

I'm starting to understand dat Treasure Cruise life... Although honestly all things considered he dropped after maybe ~30ish runs so it could have been worse.

Yeah, he only drops as a 3* version. Definitely a great unit though.

Jayhawk

Another bonus day of no Arlong drop. I started saving my stamina later in the day for Hina event. No Hina drop so far from spending all my stamina. The exp is good though.

Wow, I totally forgot Hina was coming. Got on just now and was caught off guard by the 'new' on extra island, hah. Time for Mihawk teams to finally get some!
Edit: Got a Hina drop on Elite, my second attempt at a Hina level. Mission complete already.

I said fuck it and used all my chopper skill books on my newly evolved Princess Vivi. Realistically, I don't think there will ever be a point I use Heavy Point Chopper or Arm point, and Horn Point Chopper, while his stats were better than Ms. Wednesday, his skill is just as bad as Kuro's and I already passed on him in favor in Wednesday's orb changing for my QCK team who unfortunately will be replaced by Hina. Vivi and her 30+ levels gives her thanks.

Nina expert gives good exp

That's not the only good thing she gives!

Her stage also drops some good books for Towel Nami, Bon Clay, Marine Django, and Full Body.

Heng

Is Hina a good character?

And a good strategy for her?

I did it with my slasher team: Mihawk (captain), Arlong, Zoro, Alvida, Usopp, and a friend's Mihawk. I chose to take out the minions first, but I made sure Usopp atleast got the first hit on Hina otherwise she would do a special and hit you if you ignore her. I let her hit me once before activating Alvida's special, and the next turn I used Usopp's special. I had an extra turn when I finished her.

linkent

Can i use brain chopper book to increase the giant skill?
Or those "same skill leveling" only apply when feeding character with same skill?
Been keeping the Brain chopper book since it will be useful but chopper is still 2 island away -_-

I did it with my slasher team: Mihawk (captain), Arlong, Zoro, Alvida, Usopp, and a friend's Mihawk. I chose to take out the minions first, but I made sure Usopp atleast got the first hit on Hina otherwise she would do a special and hit you if you ignore her. I let her hit me once before activating Alvida's special, and the next turn I used Usopp's special. I had an extra turn when I finished her.

I tried it with my team but had to use 2 fruits.

My team is:

Evolved Mihawk Level 30
Enraged Arlong Level 43
Ashura Zorro Lvl 22
Gaimon Lvl 24
Sanji level 16

And your Mihawk I used.

Gaimon and Sanji just because my Pirate level isnt high enough.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Got a Hina and a Fullbody, so mission accomplished I suppose. The exp/stam is so good, especially at level 50, that I'll probably still run this fortnight island a lot.

Heng

I tried it with my team but had to use 2 fruits.

My team is:

Evolved Mihawk Level 30
Enraged Arlong Level 43
Ashura Zorro Lvl 22
Gaimon Lvl 24
Sanji level 16

And your Mihawk I used.

Gaimon and Sanji just because my Pirate level isnt high enough.

Do you have all the other gaf members on your friend's list? I have a few Mihawk friends at level 90, I'll give you their ID if you want to try to add them.

Or those "same skill leveling" only apply when feeding character with same skill?
Been keeping the Brain chopper book since it will be useful but chopper is still 2 island away -_-

The skill name has to be the same from my understanding.

You can't, the skills need to have the same name. You can use Guimon to skill up the giant for example.

qazqaNii

2x Asura Zoro works wonders on 30 stamina my team:

Lv. 5x friend asura zoro
LV. 6x Cap asura zoro
Lv. 45 4s Smoker
Lv. 5x Mihawk
Hachi
GOD Ussopp.

Looks like all her evolve mats will be dropping there aswell.

You know what's funny? I've been rewatching One Piece for a couple months and I have an episode paused in the other tab. This is funny because I just finished the Alabasta arc and Hina just got introduced to the series. I'm paused at her talking to Smoker, hah.

Nibel

Hina event seems pretty easy with a Mihawk captain. Got her on my first try of 30 Stam. Want that Fullbody...

30 Stam giving about 5800 XP is pretty fucking neat though.

Rurunaki

I can finally get rid of my marine turtle team now that I got evolved Full Body.

It's also very jarring switching from g3 Luffy team to Mihawk slasher team. The tempo and the damage you are accustomed not being there is a bit distracting.

Nibel

You guys think it's worth trying to farm Fullbody on the event islands? Tried to get him when Baratie was half stamina but didn't get him after 24 runs.
LLShC.gif

RalchAC

You've added me to your friend list, right? Have you noticed a damage increase in your new team. You certainly should.

You'll see that once you get the ball rolling the game shouldn't demand you as much time as it does when you start

Wow, I totally forgot Hina was coming. Got on just now and was caught off guard by the 'new' on extra island, hah. Time for Mihawk teams to finally get some!
Edit: Got a Hina drop on Elite, my second attempt at a Hina level. Mission complete already.

Man. I'm getting books and books and more books and fodder but neither Hina nor Fullbody has dropped yet. I've done Expert twice and the others once.

Hina event seems pretty easy with a Mihawk captain. Got her on my first try of 30 Stam. Want that Fullbody...

30 Stam giving about 5800 XP is pretty fucking neat though.

I've managed to complete it without problems. One time I was unlucky with orbs and he survived enough time to attack and lock Ussop. I may try to kill her first instead of the fodder next time

qazqaNii

Having a hard time deciding on what team to go with on JP.

Rolled these yesterday:
Team1 = Boa Hancock, Marco
Team2 = Rayleigh, G3 Luffy, 4star Ace
Team3 = StrongWorld Shanks, Izo

I am thinking of using team 2, but not sure if the others are better.

RalchAC

Having a hard time deciding on what team to go with on JP.

Rolled these yesterday:
Team1 = Boa Hancock, Marco
Team2 = Rayleigh, G3 Luffy, 4star Ace
Team3 = StrongWorld Shanks, Izo

I am thinking of using team 2, but not sure if the others are better.

With Rayleigh you can clear everything and you aren't tied to using a single color and stuff like that. So definitely that account.

Do you have all the other gaf members on your friend's list? I have a few Mihawk friends at level 90, I'll give you their ID if you want to try to add them.

Thanks. Added all.

So how are Fullbody and Hina. Got both. Good units?

Tidd

I used all of my Chopper skill books... had like 20 for 3 versions and now they are at level 3. Who cares chopper isn't that good anyway.

Also did one 30stamina run and it looks like the drop rate isn't as good as the Morgan Island. :(

Edit: Holy shit! dandte use quotes for images :p

RalchAC

I used all of my Chopper skill books... had like 20 for 3 versions and now they are at level 3. Who cares chopper isn't that good anyway.

Also did one 30stamina run and it looks like the drop rate isn't as good as the Morgan Island. :(

I used my 11 Helmeppo books and I managed to get him to level 5. I don't care all that much about him so it's ok. Is skill up event still Unannounced?

Tidd

I used my 11 Helmeppo books and I managed to get him to level 5. I don't care all that much about him so it's ok. Is skill up event still Unannounced?

Still unannounced. But since I used my skill books I'll expect that Bamco will announce it later today lol

Wazzy

Banned
I need my pirate lvl up a little bit so I can properly have a slasher team. Mihawks cost is so ridiculously high. :/

I really don't know what to do here lol, I normally run either Vivi or Gear 3rd which are both pretty useless for Hina.

My only properly leveled green units are Asura Zoro + Smoker. Mihawk's still unevolved & no easy way to fix that. |:

No Mihawk friends?

Sure, but I don't have anything to run a proper slasher team.

My top level units that do actual damage are:

asura, gear 3rd, Marco<3, alvida, nico robin and krieg/diablo jambe.

90% of those are fighters, the remainder strikers. Asura is my only properly leveled slasher.

Wazzy

Banned
I really don't know what to do here lol, I normally run either Vivi or Gear 3rd which are both pretty useless for Hina.

My only properly leveled green units are Asura Zoro + Smoker. Mihawk's still unevolved & no easy way to fix that. |:
You should be fine with Zoro, Smoker, Gear 3rd, Usopp, ??? and Friend Mihawk. Just make sure to stall for Usopp and hit those perfects.

Top Bottom