• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Whoa - a lot of events announced. Super pumped about the Turtles - really don't know what the impact of the other special events will be - do people really need crabs that often?

I've saved up 45 gems, and if I really wanted I have gift cards that could give me another 30. Is it worth pulling during this Sugofest? The blog guide suggested that if you're patient and/or don't need to pull, that you might be better off waiting until the next?

I'm new to all this so I really don't know. All I know is that I wanna build a team for Monster Chopper/Mihawk, and all I have right now is a standard Slasher setup :)

KumaJG

Next week turtle week? Welp I guess it time to mix match colors.

Maybe I should farm beli in anticipation of turtle week. Currently have 1.5 million belli

Qmzn

Neo Member
Finally, freedom from a character box chock full o'skillbooks... and Mihawks... and Hinas. Glorious empty space for lobsters and turtles.

I imagine many will skip this Sugofest, and save gems for Boa or Rayleigh. After using him with friend accounts, big-head-mode Whitebeard doesn't have a lot of personal appeal, and neither does the low-HP state setup.

Rayleigh and his One Piece VS. Capcom palm beam of death, however...

Wazzy

Banned
Got Hina on elite! I won't have any problem with expert once my crew cost can go up. I've been working on her with only three proper members. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Double Skill up event next week announced, turtles everyday, Lobster, double drop on Zeff etc. and of course the Sugofest.

So good.

I thought the Seafood event was basically 'we just made up a random thing to give out a free gem.' Not that I'm complaining, but that is basically what they did. They hid the part about the Baratie in the third notification after already clicking the 'read more' thing. Pretty odd, hah. Still, I look forward to it.

Also... ugh Fullbody needs to drop. I've gotten maybe a dozen Hina drops, but not a single fullbody. Yet I have about 20 Fullbody books.

RalchAC

I thought the Seafood event was basically 'we just made up a random thing to give out a free gem.' Not that I'm complaining, but that is basically what they did. They hid the part about the Baratie in the third notification after already clicking the 'read more' thing. Pretty odd, hah. Still, I look forward to it.

Also... ugh Fullbody needs to drop. I've gotten maybe a dozen Hina drops, but not a single fullbody. Yet I have about 20 Fullbody books.

well, I know it's basically and event they made but is quite good. More Turtle Times, possibility to get Zeff who is an awesome captain for starters and the chance to get the story-only Lobsters on Extra Island.

Plus a skill rate up eveeeeeent! Finally.

Perona

Zwg0Bjs.png
Just waiting for an event (and also a Chopper from Drum Island to evolve into the brain point one.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free Gem per Event are pretty much a given at this point - its called Seafood Event because we get the Lobster Event Island as well as the best chance to acquire Zeff.

RalchAC

Free Gem per Event are pretty much a given at this point - its called Seafood Event because we get the Lobster Event Island as well as the best chance to acquire Zeff.

My question is:

Default drop chance is 10%. If it's doubled for a week that would be 20%. If you go there during a 2x Drop day you'd get a 40% chance? That sounds Fortnight Island drop rate.

Which would be cool, but I dunno if his skill is worth it.

ah_hia

Giving away a towel nami account with bon clay as I was fooling around with the emulator.
id: 543680138
pass: ifstrg43
First one to get it and everything.

RalchAC

I think I'm going to do like 2 YOLO pulls on the next Sugofest. I'll still have a good amount of gems, considering:

We should get in the next few days:

- 8 Gems for "Like a pirate" event. (We already have over 40000 likes!)
- More daily gems.
- 3-4 Gems for completing various Little Garden stages.
- 5 Gems when we finish the island.

And I already have around 35 gems. I won't burn them all until the Supernova 2nd batch though.

Just beat Hina on expert, a lot easier than expected.

Being able to stall skills unlike Morgan makes it super easy to just cheeesee through.

Marco the phoenix + double asura zoro is great on levels where you can stall nearly infinitely on a penguin to charge that 30 turn wait.

Qmzn

Neo Member
do people really need crabs that often?

I've been playing since global launch, and if I've learned anything about OP:TC, it's that when you really need a fusion material, like a crab, you'll rarely get it, and when you have nothing to evolve and your character box is full, you'll get three. The RNG knows how to make you suffer.

The lobsters (third-tier crabs) are new to global. After this next Sugofest, the only units that will need them to evolve will be the gem-only Supernovas (Law, Killer, et al), but they will eventually be required for quite a few of the high-end evolves, especially 24-hour units like Garp and Doflamingo. The red and blue lobsters are worth keeping for Vivi/Laboon v. Mihawk/Chopper.

Is it worth pulling during this Sugofest?

I don't think so. Boa and Rayleigh will be coming up in the next Sugofests, and global's been moving pretty fast, so it shouldn't be too long a wait.

Plus, the QCK rate up really, well, sucks, at least in my opinion. There's a very small pool of QCK characters right now in global, and there's a big chance for really lousy pulls, like unevolved Sanji and Horn Point Chopper. The only rate-up QCK unit is Killer, which isn't bad, but I don't think it's worth it even with the "increased" odds.

To give an example of how Sugofest odds play out, last Sugofest was PSY rate up and Whitebeard crew rate up, making Marco the most probable drop of the set. I did around 40 gems of pulls, my friend did about 70 across two accounts--mostly F2P daily login earnings. I got Vista, Izo, and Blamenco, which I never, ever should have complained about, ever, and my friend got Jozu, which I'm now jealous of because, like Blamenco, as a 5* he has a really cool attack animation.

So, three accounts, around 110 gems, no Marco. Now, in the week that followed, we did a few more desperate non-Sugofest pulls against the PSY-up. I got Chopper (who I promptly evolved into Vista's Brain Point assistant), Impact Usopp, 2x GH Usopp, the base Usopp that would be Sogeking, 3* Tashigi (the only non-PSY), but no Marco. My friend pulled 5* Marco on the first try.

What does all that mean? Well, if you spend all your gems, you'll probably get a Supernova or two, and if you're really lucky, G3 Luffy or Towel Nami. But if the next Sugofest has rate-up on the Whitebeard crew, or offers G3 Luffy and a STR rate up, I think that offers more bang for the buck.

Personally, I'm going to save gems all the way to Rayleigh, which I'd guess is a couple months away. There's a Japanese vid of him and Gear 3rd Luffy taking down 60 stamina Doflamingo without spending gems. He's a beam-shooting utility knife.

I'm new to all this so I really don't know. All I know is that I wanna build a team for Monster Chopper/Mihawk, and all I have right now is a standard Slasher setup :)

For Mihawk, I recommend hitting Twin Cape Lv.9 hard on 1/2 stamina Wednesdays for a Lv.5 Laboon, and don't give him any XP (he'll get fat). Nab Miss Monday from Whiskey Peak, a red lobster, and some other low-level STR units like Kuroobi, and you're set for Mihawk. You can probably use the same team for Chopper, subbing a blue lobster for the red.

Princess Vivi friends will naturally be drawn to the low level Laboon, like insects to a bug zapper.

Majukun

FINALLY a 2x skill events...i had to start throwing skillbooks recently because i don't have space anymore...now i can finally use them and make some big space
what do the lobsters do?they are just another evolve material?

FINALLY a 2x skill events...i had to start throwing skillbooks recently because i don't have space anymore...now i can finally use them and make some big space

They're also much better Vivi/Laboon teammembers than Crabs, dragon-level of attack/damage.

Just evo mats, most future RR and story units need them. Usually you can only farm them in story chapters but we'll have sometimes events with a 24h island like next week (should come back every 3-4 months). Drop rate in story islands is at least as low as pirate penguins in Loguetown.

Just evo mats, most future RR and story units need them. Usually you can only farm them in story chapters but we'll have sometimes events with a 24h island like next week (should come back every 3-4 months). Drop rate in story islands is at least as low as pirate penguins in Loguetown.

Any vital/big name party members that really REALLY need lobsters?

Notable (farmable) units are all the post-chopper raid bosses, Crocodile, Mr 1, Miss Doublefinger and Enel.

You can look at all the JP units and their evo mats here.

Majukun

do we know when the second batch with rayleight is gonna arrive?
I'm growing tired of my secondary account because i don't really have any "really good" team there except for the slasher one..and the laboon vivi one but that's for raid bosses..so i was thinking about pulling something during the sugo fest..but i also really want rayleight XD

Top Bottom