• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You don't like his captains passive special?

-Edit-

Hahaha 5th pull

Law 4*

Others earlier

Jozu 4*
Nico Robin 4*
Massacre Soldier Killer 5*

Ussop

What a night.
No his Leader skill is good as well...just didnt mention it because most people know about it.

You got Law as well ? Damn...congrats xD

chrono01

Holy shit.

I did one Yolo pull. Got Killer 5* version.

Wow ...just wow.
Nice, congrats!

I really want a Killer. Maybe next Sugofest.

My brother did a pull and gets Klller

I do the 3rd pull and get Horn Point Chopper

fml
You need to get your brother to recruit for you. He has the luck, it seems.

RNGesus seemed to be on my side, so I decided to keep pulling until I got a bad pull. Ended up spending all my gems I'd been saving since I started playing. All that, after deciding last week to skip this Sugo. I can see how this game can be... dangerous. My total haul, in order:

3* Cabin Boy Helmeppo
5* Diamond Jozu
4* Urouge
4* Tashigi
3* Kuro
4* Kuro
4* Trafalgar Law
4* Shanks

I'm 1000% done with this Sugo though. For a bunch of reasons:

1) I finally got a bad pull (already have RH Shanks from rerolling when I started).
2) Only one dupe. Don't wanna start pulling Sanjis everywhere.
3) I accomplished what I hoped to accomplish and more - which was build a strong team for Monster Chopper.

...and of course, the most important reason of all, I'm out of gems. :)
Nice set of pulls!

You don't like his captains passive special?

-Edit-

Hahaha 5th pull

Law 4*

Others earlier

Jozu 4*
Nico Robin 4*
Massacre Soldier Killer 5*

Ussop

What a night.
Haha, nice job finishing on that Usopp. But still, amazing amount of great recruits. Congrats.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
lol just realized killers captain special isn't permanent 3.5x after enabling lol... I was thinking that it was rofl...

Hmm wait, it's still not bad at all. Not bad.

Top 3 will be heavy hitting

Copons

Goddamn Sugofest.

- Krieg (double)
- Sanji (double)
- Zoro V2
- Basil Hawkins
- Ace
- Jozu
- Vista

But all I really wanted was Law. :'(

:p

Added you yesterday already because of Vista ...now this. Has to be Destiny hehe.

What a luck pulling him jusy before MC and in his 5*. So far all 5* i had gotten needed to be leveled and evolved first...pleasent surprise.

Ace, Jozu, Hina, Killer, Sanjo etc. i think i have now every essential QCK unit.

I was happy i pulled killer 4* till i realised his max lvl is 70! Oh well still happy about getting him though

Wazzy

Banned
My recruits so far for each type are:

QCK:
Sanji
Mr. Prince evolved
Jozu
Killer
Tashigi
Miss Valentine 10,000
Hina
Johnny
Kuro
Gin

DEX:
Smoker Evolved
Mihawk
Asura Zoro
Wolf Zoro x 2
Three thousands Zoro
Law 4star
Law 5star
Miss Golden
Dancing Django

STR:
Gear 3
Gum Gum Bazooka luffy
Evolved Arlong
Bepo
Alvida
Morgan
Mr.5
Fullbody
Yosaku
Pearl

PYS:
Marco
Shanks
Miss Wednesday
God Usopp
Heavy point Chopper
Mr. 2
Evolved Vivi
Gaimon

INT:
Happiness Nami
Mirage Nami
Buggy Evolved
Kreig evolved
Mr.3
Miss All Sunday
Both Helmeppo
Brain point chopper

Now I just need to actually level most of them up. :( Also would post images instead but the theft thing has made me weary lol

pLow7

All this Time being jelly of you having Gear Third i can finally Join the Crew! First pull too!

Then did a second and got unevolved alvida..

chrono01

Wasn't everyone supposed to wait for rayleigh to pull? XD
I'm still saving the bulk of my Rainbow Gems for him. I just pulled a few times tonight, since Namco Bandai have been generous giving free Gems out, and it'll probably be a month before we see Rayleigh.

Also would post images instead but the theft thing has made me weary lol
You're very wise. Best to not take that chance.

All this Time being jelly of you having Gear Third i can finally Join the Crew! First pull too!
Yay, congrats! Now experience that G3 Luffy greatness.

Then did a second and got unevolved alvida..

pLow7

I'm still saving the bulk of my Rainbow Gems for him. I just pulled a few times tonight, since Namco Bandai have been generous giving free Gems out, and it'll probably be a month before we see Rayleigh.

Yeah and i still have to finish Whiskey-Peak, will be another 5-Gems joining.

I think i might pull again this evening.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
YOLO, one last pull

6th inc

5* MKS
4* Blamenco
4* Law
4* Jozu
4* Nico Robin
-* Ussop

All new to me, except Ussop, technically lol

Ferga

I got 2 skill levels from 12 Mihawks. Pretty alright, I guess.

And holy shit, I have 30 free spaces now in my unit inventory.

So much space.

RalchAC

I don't know if I said this or not, but: it's nice to see you back chrono!

Did just 2 pulls. Got evolved Mr2 and v1 Nami.

Not awesome, but not bad either. With Mr2 and v2 Ussop I'm slowly getting the units I'll need for a good PSY team. v1 Nami isn't anything special but at least, since I have 2 copies, I could evolve one to her 5* form while keeping a copy of the form that nullifies INT attacks.

That plus the Izo I got during the INT event should keep my happy for a while.

I'll level up my QCK units and I'll try to get Monster Chopper on the 30 stamina island. The 40 stamina version with 2 million HP looks quite hard, and we don't really need to farm a thousand copies of Chopper in order to lower his cooldown.

Especially because my leads would be a Ace+Hina or Jozu+Hina combo.

chrono01

I don't know if I said this or not, but: it's nice to see you back chrono!
Thanks! d(^_^)v

Oh! Apparently the Lobster event is in-game right now, but you're unable to start it [it gives you an error]. I guess Namco Bandai made a mistake and gave it to us too early. On the positive, possible Rainbow Gem compensation? >:)

Majukun

done some pulls with my secondary account.. got

usopp v2
izo
robin (already have one)
hawkins
pciu
lv 4 normal luffy

is basil hawkins good?
when the second batch is supposed to come? wonder if I should spend the last 20 gems or keep them...

pLow7

usopp v2
izo
robin (already have one)
hawkins
pciu
lv 4 normal luffy

is basil hawkins good?
when the second batch is supposed to come? wonder if I should spend the last 20 gems or keep them...

HE is OK, nothing spectacular but useful in an Striker Team as an INT sub and as a unit in an INT Team.
http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.de/2015/05/backup.html

Next Sugofest is about a Month away so you'll have AT LEAST 30 Gems by then, it's to you to decide if it's enough, but consider that you can pull the SAME units + Rayleigh there.

Majukun

HE is OK, nothing spectacular but useful in an Striker Team as an INT sub and as a unit in an INT Team.
http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.de/2015/05/backup.html

Next Sugofest is about a Month away so you'll have AT LEAST 30 Gems by then, it's to you to decide if it's enough, but consider that you can pull the SAME units + Rayleigh there.
Got it.. my second account is really strange.. I have tons of good int units there, but no towel Nami... so they are useless

Qmzn

Neo Member
They mistranslated Killer's Captain Ability. Way to go, Namkaibando.

Global: "Boosts the ATK of every character that follows three consecutive GOOD attacks by 3.5x"

JPN: "Goodより前3連続で、以降のキャラの攻撃が3.5倍"
Rough translation: After three consecutive attacks less than Good, the attack of the characters that follow is 3.5x

In other words, the attacks have to be between a Good and a Miss. Actually landing a "Good" fails to activate Killer.

i guess im happy with Basil, he is good, right?

If it's not Sanji, be happy. :p

chrono01

Just got

Basil Hawkins
Horn Point Chopper

i guess im happy with Basil, he is good, right?

usopp v2
izo
robin (already have one)
hawkins
pciu
lv 4 normal luffy

is basil hawkins good?
Haha, two Basil Hawkins in succession and wondering if he's good or not.

*from the One Piece blog [http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.ca/2015/05/backup.html]*

The next member of the Supernovas introduced is the “Magician”, Basil Hawkins. Through the usage of his voodoo dolls, he will be able to mitigate his enemies’ blows and send some punishment right back at them.

With 2480 HP, 1295 ATK, and 255 RCV, Hawkins has some very good stats for an INT unit. Much like the case with the PSY type, INT is also sorely lacking on heavy-hitters… well for the most part. While Urouge will become the strongest punch that PSY units get for quite some time, this is not the case for INT. The existence of Vista and his monstrous stats (2840 HP, 1325 ATK), means that Hawkin’s value is significantly lower than it otherwise would be.

However, there is still hope for the leader of the Hawkins Pirates. Although he starts as a Slasher class unit, upon evolution, Hawkins becomes the hardest hitting INT Striker in the game (until very recently in Japan with Aokiji). This means another useful addition to Urouge headed teams or even Kid teams in the next set of units. His special will also see some usage as a DEF reducer, and a decent HP-based percentage nuke, although not on the same level as Mihawk/Whitebeard’s.

As a captain, Hawkins is in many ways just an inferior Vista, so if you have the floral swordsman already, there is no reason to replace him. Of course with Hawkins’ damage reduction, although you are not limited to merely using INT type units, you will rarely (I cannot think of any) find a situation where you will want to use Hawkins as lead instead of a 2x ATK/HP captain. On top of that, the heavy reduction in RCV limits his ability to stall even with the damage reduction.

Overall Score: 7.0/10

To me, versatility is a big part of what makes a unit good. If a character is useless as a captain, they better be a FANTASTIC sub for me to rate them highly (Golden Pound Usopp). Hawkins is therefore just reduced to being a member of various teams, although a somewhat useful one. He will mostly likely see usage on Vista/Nami teams as well as future Urouge/Kid teams due to his role as a high ATK INT Striker. Ultimately, this would not be the worst unit to miss pulling.

Recommended Teams:

Gear 3/Whitebeard Team as an INT sub (mostly if you don’t have Vista)

Vista/Nami Team as a sub

Urouge (and later Kid) Team as a Striker sub

As for the next Sugofest, the pattern seems to be the third week or every month, so you have at least a month before the next one [until Namco Bandai goes crazy]. So you're probably looking at another 30 free Rainbow Gems just from daily log-in's [since NBE seem to always have an event going on], not to mention the ones you'll get for clearing new content.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
They mistranslated Killer's Captain Ability. Way to go, Namkaibando.

Global: "Boosts the ATK of every character that follows three consecutive GOOD attacks by 3.5x"

JPN: "Goodより前3連続で、以降のキャラの攻撃が3.5倍"
Rough translation: After three consecutive attacks less than Good, the attack of the characters that follow is 3.5x

In other words, the attacks have to be between a Good and a Miss. Actually landing a "Good" fails to activate Killer.

If it's not Sanji, be happy. :p

Wait what, help.

chrono01

Wait what, help.
Yeah, if you hit a Good or greater, you'll break the chain. You need to tap before you get a Good. It's the complete opposite of G3 Luffy, haha. After the third attack, though, you're free to get whatever [just don't miss!], so aim for those Perfect then.

scissor cavern inner grotto just appeared for me, but it says the quest is not available now
It's a bug, it won't be available until the 22nd.

Possible Gem compensation incoming!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Yeah, the way Namco translated it, it would be better than g3 luffy.. instead it is limited by the fact that you have an extremely low combo multiplier with him because you have to strike below good

Could it have been buffed? lol, I should check it lol..

Qmzn

Neo Member
Yeah, the way Namco translated it, it would be better than g3 luffy

How would that work? Would you hit Perfect x2, Good x3, Perfect? Or Perfect, Good x3, Perfect x2? I suppose it would depend on what units you bring along. That'd be a fun Captain ability to mess with, but yeah, it'd probably render G3 Luffy obsolete.

I was under the impression Hawkins works pretty well in Japan, since Sadichan came out. Hawkins 3-turn debuff combos with her 3-turn 1.3x damage on debuffed enemies. Granted, it doesn't work on debuff-proof raid bosses, but it's still pretty cool.

T.Nami x2/Sadi/Hawkins/Robin, 16.25x damage multiplier.

qazqaNii

Didn't want to do any pulls, but still couldn't resist.

1. V2 Usopp evolved (Dupe)
2. Green Chopper (New but farmable soon)
3. 3* Kuro (Kill me please)

Why did I do this damnit, gotta get 100 gems to next sugofest, because all my lvl worthy units are getting to higher lvls its getting hard to level them up.

Majukun

damn, found evolved kuro and I was kinda happy since it meant I wouldn't have to evolve him for monster chopper.. then I noticed my un evolved kuro has already a lv 6 skill and it would be a waste to substitute him with the new, lv 1 evolved form...
oh, also found evolved Mr 3, at least I don't have to either farm it or evolve it

I tossed 15 Gems on YOLO pulls.
Bazooka Luffy
Bird Nami
Normal Usopp.

I'd of liked Killer for help with Chopper, but I'll just save up and hope for good pulls in next month's Sugo. Bazooka Luffy = Bleh but \o/ @ Nami. I'm gonna use the Like a Pirate bonuses to level her up to Towel asap and use dem skill books.

cw_sasuke

Ok Killer is easier to activate than i thought ...just tap the 4 first units quick and hit perfects starting with the 4th.

With lvl 20 Killer i was able do around 200k per round. With a bit leveling, orb management and locking 500k per round on MC might be possible unless im missing something lol.

In general he is weaker than G3...but for MC he might be better.

Also being able to use Mihawks active with more people skilling him is nice.
@Majukun
Kuros active skill is so weak...dont know if that really matters.

RalchAC

Ok Killer is easier to activate than i thought ...just tap the 4 first units quick and hit perfects starting with the 4th.

With lvl 20 Killer i was able do around 200k per round. With a bit leveling, orb management and locking 500k per round on MC might be possible unless im missing something lol.

In general he is weaker than G3...but for MC he might be better.

Also being able to use Mihawks active with more people skilling him is nice.
@Majukun
Kuros active skill is so weak...dont know if that really matters.

I think Killer is actually a great unit for Monster Chopper. He is a QCK unit, so you'll be getting a 2x bonus.

Plus you can add some utility units like Ussop and Aldiva to the mix and you won't lose much damage.

I wouldn't have complained if I had got him :p

damn, found evolved kuro and I was kinda happy since it meant I wouldn't have to evolve him for monster chopper.. then I noticed my un evolved kuro has already a lv 6 skill and it would be a waste to substitute him with the new, lv 1 evolved form...
oh, also found evolved Mr 3, at least I don't have to either farm it or evolve it

His ability is bad. My Kuro is at level 60 and when I use it against STR units with little or 0 defence it does 8-10k damage. So I'd say the evolved is the better deal.

overall killer's worse because of the chain combo bonus you lose out on. even on monster chopper, you'd be better off running gear 3 with killer as a sub if you wanna do more damage. that 2.5x and 1.6x difference is pretty significant

Majukun

so.. done 5 pulls on my main account too.. got

evolved robin
horn point chopper
evolved Mr 3
evolved kuro
Base bepo

nothing amazing most farmable but at least most of them are already evolved

pLow7

so.. done 5 pulls on my main account too.. got

evolved robin
horn point chopper
evolved Mr 3
evolved kuro
Base bepo

nothing amazing most farmable but at least most of them are already evolved

A lot of people here would kill you for saying evolved Robin is "nothing amazing" :D

Rurunaki

Got evolved Robin from Sugofest.. Int team is complete now..

Towel Nami (max special)
Vista
Krieg
Robin
Mr. Candlewax or God Ussop

Also got Killer not evolved though.

cw_sasuke

overall killer's worse because of the chain combo bonus you lose out on. even on monster chopper, you'd be better off running gear 3 with killer as a sub if you wanna do more damage. that 2.5x and 1.6x difference is pretty significant

Yeah G3 teams can clear most content with the right subs, so thats never a bad choice. Dont know if its as one sided against MC though.

Killer has quite high ATK stats, so having two of them versus. 1 in a G3 team is a difference...especially if you factor in same colored orbs/locks.

Tried my unleveled Killer against training stage Ace and i was able to hit for 200K with only one same colored orbs - leveled up and with both same orbs you will likely be able to hit MC for 500k per turn.

Killer/Killer
Sanji/Hina
Alvida/Golden Pound

Sounds like a solid team to me. Depending on your skill level you could also bring Mihawk as utility sub.

G3/G3
Killer/Sanji
Alvida/Golden Pound

? Sounds also good....

Got evolved Robin from Sugofest.. Int team is complete now..

Towel Nami (max special)
Vista
Krieg
Robin
Mr. Candlewax or God Ussop

Also got Killer not evolved though.

Some nice pulls you have got there...not bad !!

Xcution

For the love of god...damn this was a good morning to wake up to.

Got Mihawk sp to 12

Did 6 pulls:
Zoro - sucks
Sanji - sucked

I was about to stop and said damn it i need this white beard

Mr. 3 - actually happy did not have
Law - hell yea
Vista - int team now need robin

I was about to stop because shit could not get better. Forget
It on more...

0F6A165E-468D-4ED5-99BC-8CE5709A4E32_zpsrna6ymxr.png

The man i have been looking for. Time to Max this mofo out!

Qmzn

Neo Member
I started watching videos of JPN Sugofest pulls on YouTube. I now know I shouldn't get my hopes up. Ever.

Elite gacha-only characters are there for either the absurdly lucky lotto winners, or people that roll hundreds of times, dispassionately regarding their attempts to raise Whitebeard's special with the other two they just pulled.

It's really stupid and cruel how story-drop units like Gin, Coby, Helmeppo and Hachi can be found in Rare Recruit. And Sanji. So much... Sanji.

Majukun

I started watching videos of JPN Sugofest pulls on YouTube. I now know I shouldn't get my hopes up. Ever.

Elite gacha-only characters are there for either the absurdly lucky lotto winners, or people that roll hundreds of times, dispassionately regarding their attempts to raise Whitebeard's special with the other two they just pulled.

It's really stupid and cruel how story-drop units like Gin, Coby, Helmeppo and Hachi can be found in Rare Recruit. And Sanji. So much... Sanji.
cruel? yes but definitely not stupid from namco

cw_sasuke

Then you realize that most of us get hours of entertainment from the game without spending a dime on it...i mean how many free devil fruits did we already get since launch ? +200 would be my guess...

Sure they rate from Top Units could be higher....but we likely wouldnt get any free devil fruits if this was the case. Dont forget that some of the best units like Miháwk or Garp are farmable units.

Top Bottom