• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Ferga

Please don't destroy my hopes like that. ;_;

High chance it's going to be like that since Japan's sugo was like that after the first supernova batch was released

But global has been known to push content a lot earlier than Japan's original schedule so...

chrono01

High chance it's going to be like that since Japan's sugo was like that after the first supernova batch was released

But global has been known to push content a lot earlier than Japan's original schedule so...
True, it would make more sense.

I guess that means it'll be probably another 1.5 months until I recruit [Rayleigh is introduced], since WB1/SN1 don't really interest me. Well, it'd be nice to get Vista [and Whitebeard, of course], but I already have Towel Nami and without a Nico Robin my INT team still wouldn't be complete.

I might do my standard "Recruit x5" and just leave it at that. Well, that's if I can free up enough space in my member box to do so.

Jayhawk

When is the return of Mihawk? Namco Bandai doesn't want me spending my gems on his return.

[insert quote of me saying INT rate up will happen before Garp]

Called it.

In somewhat related news, I started unboxing and putting up my extensive One Piece figure collection on display at home. I forgot how much I have spent on One Piece.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
There is virtually no guarantee that Namco Bandai has any interest at all in global following the same timetable as JP - it bothers me that the OPTC community tracks and compares global to the JP timeline so religiously.

1) The game was brand new when the JP timeline started. Maybe they realized it a bad decision to bring back raid bosses so quickly/often. Hence JP getting Mihawk after 9 days, and not a peep from global. Global timeline could be implementing earnings from JP.

2) Different audience. Different internal teams. Likely different goals and challenges, and so-on.

A couple random OPTC musings -

- SUPER glad that the next Sugo should coincide with the INT rate-up. It matches my needs exactly, since I don't have Vista, Nico Robin, OR Towel Nami, and I'm missing Sugo staples that earlier players locked down early (mostly G3 Luffy and V2 Zoro). My planned ~6-10 pulls stand a very strong chance of netting me some great units.

- Did you guys see the Orange Town missions were revealed for Japan? They're almost gleefully mean. One is to beat a mission with a Mihawk captain with a total cost of 49 or less. Evolve Mihawk's cost is 50 :p

Smoker is a joke with my Slasher Team:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Zoro/Arlong
Usopp/Helmepo 2

but when I see Tashigi, she hits too much so I wont have enough HP for Smoker in half of the cases I saw her.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Can somebody put up Marco? Will get one more Rainbow Dragon since the stage is half stamina today.

Dandte

Marco is up! I'm feeling sorry for that dragon already, now that you have Coby.
But He is a sore loser, no drop.
Even though I'm missing heavy hitters like dorry, urouge or dial usoop and only using a non maxed merry i easily broke the 1 Million. Feeling good, especially when my First run was a vivi laboon 130 turn battle. Progress Baby

LFtUyW0.jpg
Edit for neo wb and rayleigh

cw_sasuke

Thanks guys - got a drop on my 2nd attempt.

Marco is up! I'm feeling sorry for that dragon already, now that you have Coby.

Hehe true...hitting for a million per round thanks to Coby is sweet, no need to bring Alvida along anymore :)
Wooh got the yellow dragon I needed for Coby on my first try today!

Who do you need a rainbow dragon for by the way?

Rainbow Dragon is needed to evolve the Sugofest exclusives like Whitebeard or Rayleigh.

cw_sasuke

Anyone rocking Whitebeard as a main unit i can add on my 2nd acc. ? Kinda lacking Whitebeard friends.

In that case I'll bother hunting it once I actually get one of those guys, no need for that type of optimism to crowd my box.

True it isnt neccesary considering you might go months without getting a unit that needs it - but i like having the rainbow evo materials ready just in case. Also needed a yellow Dragon for Vivi which i got on the same run as well...so yeah why not.

Also Smokers Island is kinda boring...most Skillbooks suck - kinda a letdown compared to Hina and Cobymeppo. But i will have to get a couple of run in to skill up Smoker so his active skill is of any use.
Crocodile is the only non-6* that needs a rainbow dragon (story drop in the island after Drum Island).

Oh yeah forget about that one...im looking forward to farming him *cries*

Also Smokers Island is kinda boring...most Skillbooks suck - kinda a letdown compared to Hina and Cobymeppo. But i will have to get a couple of run in to skill up Smoker so his active skill is of any use.

While it's boring, I wouldn't mind getting tashigi and smoker drops for a small chance at upping their skills. (especially smoker as I actually have him on many of my main crews for his easy perfects).

Simultaneously this island is an absolute piece of cake for my G3 team so less stressful than the cobymeppo island .. and green turtles are some of the only turtles I can actually give to a boatload of worthwhile guys rather than just 1. :|

RalchAC

Well sugofest doesn't mean a new batch, we could get the filler WB1 + SN1 sugo that JP got before Rayleigh.

Well, then I'd just do 4-5 pulls and save the rest of gems for a new batch. I have 55 right now.

Smoker is a joke with my Slasher Team:

Mihawk/Mihawk
Zoro/Arlong
Usopp/Helmepo 2

but when I see Tashigi, she hits too much so I wont have enough HP for Smoker in half of the cases I saw her.

I use the same team. And when I got to Tashigi I was able to defeat her in 1 turn. I just try to keep my health high and if any of my DEX units gets a matched orb, I try to not use it.

When she appeared my 2 Mihawks had a Green orb so it was quite easy.

While it's boring, I wouldn't mind getting tashigi and smoker drops for a small chance at upping their skills. (especially smoker as I actually have him on many of my main crews for his easy perfects).

Simultaneously this island is an absolute piece of cake for my G3 team so less stressful than the cobymeppo island .. and green turtles are some of the only turtles I can actually give to a boatload of worthwhile guys rather than just 1. :|

I find this one better than the Cobymeppo one. The 6k Smoker preemptitive strike plus the fact that Tashigi could appear anytime and fuck up your HP makes it more exciting to me :p

I went crazy in my farming quest for crocodile. 85 runs on 1/2 stamina but 5 star crocodile is so worth it.

Are you playing just the JP version or both?
___

Grrrr when is OP 790 launching!

cw_sasuke

Tell me when you want me to switch out and I will.
If you want, I can share a few WB friendcode that I have so we can pool them.

Alright thats good to know, i dont need him right now but just find my active WB friends lacking. But it makes sense though since most people only use him for tougher raids and Mihawk and co. for everything else.

With Smoker in my team i should be able to run more stages with WB. Would be nice if you can hook me up with sime WB friends...i will right my WB friends down later and can post/send them as well.

Okay I realised my issue with gear 3rd.

I can't listen to something & run gear 3rd at the same time, I just died on the first stage of the smoker event because I kept messing up my perfects. -_-

That's the team I use, but I keep on having close calls. Either I win in the last turn or he barely survives and kills me with a second hit. If I could burst the first round down without taking a hit, I'd be able to survive at the end with no problem. My lvls are: Mihawk 65, Arlong 70, Morgan 52, Helmeppo 75 and Usopp MAX.

I can take him out with the same team, subbing G3 for the Mihawks, but I'm inconsistent with my perfects and if I miss then I'm dead.

That's the team I use, but I keep on having close calls. Either I win in the last turn or he barely survives and kills me with a second hit. If I could burst the first round down without taking a hit, I'd be able to survive at the end with no problem. My lvls are: Mihawk 65, Arlong 70, Morgan 52, Helmeppo 75 and Usopp MAX.

I can take him out with the same team, subbing G3 for the Mihawks, but I'm inconsistent with my perfects and if I miss then I'm dead.

I'm golden as long as I survive his initial attack. However, my guys, especially Arlong, are a bit higher level than yours. My levels are: Mihawk 65, Morgan 47, Arlong MAX, Helmeppo 84, and Usopp MAX. I would definitely say my Arlong being maxed makes a pretty big difference since he's DEX.

Any of you guys still playing the Japanese version? I could really use some friends on there. My FC is 979,607,893. Currently have a Rayleigh captain.

cw_sasuke

I'm golden as long as I survive his initial attack. However, my guys, especially Arlong, are a bit higher level than yours. My levels are: Mihawk 65, Morgan 47, Arlong MAX, Helmeppo 84, and Usopp MAX. I would definitely say my Arlong being maxed makes a pretty big difference since he's DEX.

Any of you guys still playing the Japanese version? I could really use some friends on there. My FC is 979,607,893. Currently have a Rayleigh captain.
Don't play it anymore but send you an invite because I also have Rayleigh up on the jpn account.

RalchAC

That's a bit weird. My character are at a lower level than yours and I'm able to kill Smoker without being hit (outside preemptitive damage). Right now my team is:

Mihawk Fr (40+) / Mihawk (52)
Arlong (73) / Asura Zoro (64)
Helmeppo (51) / Ussop (45)

I prefer having Asura Zoro so I can one shot Tashigi instead of Morgan. Once I get the preemptitive strike I use Ussop + Helmeppo, waste 1 turn, and then fight normally. I haven't lost in Smoker 30 yet.

I have a 1.2x ATK bonus from the Merry Go. What ship are you using?

Jayhawk

I feel like I need to get a rainbow dragon while this 1/2 is up...

I believe the math works out right now so that the Rainbow dragon is also a better choice for exp/stamina than 30 stamina Smoker with 0.5 stamina active. 3000 experience for 15 stamina. I got the blue and rainbow dragons from my first attempt of the day so far. The rainbow dragon is easy with a trio of Mirage Tempo Nami, Golden Pound Usopp, and Smooth Alvida. I use two Shanks as captains and my last unit is my strongest PSY unit - Coby v2.

koryuken

SUCK ON THAT TASHIGI!!!

Geez, that was close.

Why does everyone get killed (or almost die) on Tashigi? I just focus on her first and ignore the other mobs and am able to kill everything quite easily (using a Mihawk slasher team). The dual Mihawks should wreck her hp...

What do you guys think of the "Big Top" ship in the Japanese version btw?

"MAX LEVEL: Units that cost 20 or less gains 1.5x ATK; 4-Star Characters gain 1.4x Health"

RalchAC

"MAX LEVEL: Units that cost 20 or less gains 1.5x ATK; 4-Star Characters gain 1.4x Health"

Looks like a good ship for those new challenges they added for 3.0.

The leaderboard thing where you get a score depending on the turns you spend and the cost of your team (the lower the better!)

Looks like a good ship for Sengoku teams. His captain ability is 3x damage for all units with 20 cost or below and reduces all special cooldowns by 2.

Ugghhh messed up my perfects on Tashigi.......... She hits ridiculously hard & cause I targetted her first I got all the marines hitting me as well. |:

For the couple folks talking about the rainbow dragon. Just an FYI, due to its long cooldown, you don't need a very high level Vivi or Lion Song to do it. I am using a 35 lion song and a 40 something Nefertari Vivi for it without a problem. So don't worry about levels too much.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Ugghhh messed up my perfects on Tashigi.......... She hits ridiculously hard & cause I targetted her first I got all the marines hitting me as well. |:

Yeah she can throw a spanner in the works, I messed up my second to last perfect and didn't have enough health to survive smokers pre emptive.

Top Bottom