• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

That was my biggest enemy too in Monster Chopper. Game liked to autotarget the fucking Pirate Penguin T.T

It really screws me over on the Momonga stage.

Sometimes a marine has a 1 turn delay, so I wanna kill it & then switch to momongo, to get half his health down & finish him on his 2nd turn before he attacks.

But instead of letting me go "marine -> momonga" it decides "marine -> marine -> marine -> monoga"

And if I try to switch during attacks, it essentially forces me to screw up my perfects & significantly reduces my damage.

8 tries on the Penguin stage today and no Rainbow penguin. I swear, I'm going to be so pissed if I'm forced to gem for a penguin today. My box is bursting with stuff to level my Robin once I evolve her though, so it HAS to be today.

RalchAC

8 tries on the Penguin stage today and no Rainbow penguin. I swear, I'm going to be so pissed if I'm forced to gem for a penguin today. My box is bursting with stuff to level my Robin once I evolve her though, so it HAS to be today.

You can try your luck on the Pirate Penguin stage, since the hidden stage is a rainbow penguin. It doesn't appear on every single run, but last time I was on your situation I went there and was lucky!

linkent

To make you feel better,
I ran it ~160stamina during the 0.5 stamina event,
I got 2 of them. :(
Need 1 more yellow pirate penguin. Run it 5x today. 0 drop. But i got 1 rainbow penguin.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Tsuru seems like a pretty crummy fortnight. I have Shanks/Coby, so it's not hard, but I miss Smoker. The rate-up event does increase the chance of leveling up Impact Usopp, but it's not like I can control manual drops.

Seems like it might be a really good time to farm cola, work on that MAX Merry, maybe pick up some missing story mode units.

pLow7

Holy crap....

It's bullcrap, sry didn't want to get your Hopes up. Don't know what i saw there, but just tried it on the Momoga stage and it doesn't work.

But apparently every Unit has a "FIX" Next unit you get after him, so don't know if you can juggle with that.

Niwa

It's bullcrap, sry didn't want to get your Hopes up. Don't know what i saw there, but just tried it on the Momoga stage and it doesn't work.

But apparently every Unit has a "FIX" Next unit you get after him, so don't know if you can juggle with that.

You need to tap the enemy, not swipe.

Im in Dire need of a 72+ Princess Vivi for Garp. :( would someone be so kind and be friends with me?

RalchAC

So, which stage is the best for Impact Dial skill books? In four expert runs no Impact Dial skill books dropped.

Yeah, it'd be nice to know that. I've only been getting Baroque Works books. I'd like to lower the CD to around 13-14 turns. Don't care about the other books.

Wazzy

Banned
Fuck getting Merry to level 10, two more tries, two more failure :(
Damn :(

I just got my first fail for trying to max yesterday. I'm almost at 9 again(the drop rates are good for drum island but it's still a long process, especially when you run out of stamina) so hoping for a miracle upgrade.

Well, after spending 200+ stamina today (used a gem), I finally got a Rainbow Penguin drop. It was on my last 10 stamina too. Sheesh.

Of course, my luck did turn around a bit though, because I managed to max out Robin's special with just 10 skill books. I had around 40+ books, but was still scared I wouldn't be able to max it. Doing it in two tries was a huge relief.

So now, I am the proud owner of a Nico Robin at level 60, with a max special level, and my inventory is now at 133/200. Feels soooo good to get that down finally.

AHAHAHAHAA... IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I was a broken man, driven to the brink of insanity, desperate for cola. I even spent all my stamina today farming the last stage of Whiskey Peak and lo and behold, the game finally decided to cut me a break:

uxgmhWW.jpg

And the day before Garp no less! (I still hate you, Usopp, you incompetent piece of garbage.)

AHAHAHAHAA... IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I was a broken man, driven to the brink of insanity, desperate for cola. I even spent all my stamina today farming the last stage of Whiskey Peak and lo and behold, the game finally decided to cut me a break:

And the day before Garp no less! (I still hate you, Usopp, you incompetent piece of garbage.)

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Congrats buddy!

Mazre

Scored 4 rainbow penguins today, 0 gems. Pretty stoked. Still need two more but characters aren't even max level yet and 2 of them are probably edge cases for evolving anyways.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Vista Vista team. General strategy?

Ussop or no Ussop?

You'll need as much time as possible on the last stage, so Usopp, though I'm not sure it's viable without Nico Robin to burst out Tsuru early. If you have Robin, kill Tsuru during the stall, then the PSY marines, and big max HP should cover the rest.

Otherwise, your best bet would probably be to wipe the PSY marines in the first round, then the INT bazooka guys, and hope you get everyone except Tsuru before she starts healing.

Just as a reminder: If you're like me and mainly use Mihawk/Slashers/Whatever, then you may want to actually practice hitting Perfects with your Garp killing INT team. Robin's timing especially is giving me a bit of a problem, but I'm pretty confident I can get enough practice in before tomorrow night.

Dude I was you, today! Same thing- needed to Evolve Robin so I needed a penguin. Got one on my 13th try.

The shitty thing is that using 12 Robin skillbooks, I only got her special up to level 3. 15 turns. UGH.

On the plus side, I used 5 black elder turtles on her and it was a super success.

Finally did some snooping around on Garp and it takes over an hour per run with Vivi/Laboon?

nope.jrpg

Vivi/Lion Song is a little faster. Either way, it's gonna take time, but in exchange you cannot die.

I'm gonna be using:

Lion song / Vivi
Godsop/ Baby Mihawk
Vista/ Alvida

Alvida(or someone that can heal you) is needed for turn 4.

Most likely will switch Ussop out for someone else, not sure. Might just play it safe and get his special every stage.

RiZ III

I'm surprised more people aren't using "Flower Sword Vista". He doubles both health and attack for int characters. Having an all int team has my hp over 40k. I can basically take on every expert level and win with tens of thousands hp left.

Anyways! I haven't been able to get a friends game going on, if anyone's interested my id is 669453887

I'm surprised more people aren't using "Flower Sword Vista". He doubles both health and attack for int characters. Having an all int team has my hp over 40k. I can basically take on every expert level and win with tens of thousands hp left.

Anyways! I haven't been able to get a friends game going on, if anyone's interested my id is 669453887

I dont have any good Int Units. Thats my problem.
I have evolved Vista, Nami, Buggy, Helmeppo, Towel Nami, Krieg, Tsuru. Thats it.

Cerity

you might struggle on damage but the hp you'll have even with a half assed int/vista team is more then enoguh of a buffer.

I was running expert cobymeppo with vista, buggy, krieg, arlong until I got sergeant helmeppo and godsopp. Had about 27k hp in total and was clearing it pretty easily.

Godsop is useless.
Could use onigumo with -10%hp skill and high dmg.
Or use Broggy food provider after Garp skill.(purple)
Or Tsuru with her healing.(also purple)

Don't have Brogy, do have Tsuru and Onigumo. Most likely will put them in, or BP Chopper, they need some levels though.

Like I said Godsop would just be there for 100% oh shit moments pre-Garp. Then again, Vista fills that role.

Dawg

Woke up. Wanted to do a quick extra island run on the train to work. As I pressed the button to start the battle, I realized I was still using my weak mission team for Fuchsia.

FML.

(only had enough stamina for 1 run and I would have leveled up)

DrAg0nBoY

Guys I have a question about ZoroV2. Do I need to have the evolved form of him to use the Vivi/Zoro team or can I use the unevolved one?

linkent

Guys I have a question about ZoroV2. Do I need to have the evolved form of him to use the Vivi/Zoro team or can I use the unevolved one?
sorry i think i am wrong.
They have the same captain skill so it is possible to use both
Lion song for better dps.
But the unevolved version is good too, to nutlify str dmg for 1 turn(monster chopper)
So you are going to trade dmg vs utility.

Depending on boss, HP pool is important too.
So you will need to count which version can survive Garp attack.

Top Bottom