• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

linkent

Thanks, but isn't his captains effect the same?
Sorry i edited my post.
For Garp,
Since Garp's 4th hit does 18,000 damage, it will be reduced to 3,600 damage (which is above what Vivi can heal) thus you will not be able to tank without attention to the initial rounds of the fight.
This should be no problem for both version.

The problem is whether you have enough HP and DPS to survive rounds before Garp.
So evolved version helped.

you might struggle on damage but the hp you'll have even with a half assed int/vista team is more then enoguh of a buffer.

I was running expert cobymeppo with vista, buggy, krieg, arlong until I got sergeant helmeppo and godsopp. Had about 27k hp in total and was clearing it pretty easily.

If I use this team, somehow I still just have 12k HP, with another vista 24k.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok I see.

Well that is the team I will be using
2015-06-25-054405.png

I do hope it is enought HP to survive till Garp.

RalchAC

I think I'm going to farm Cola for a while. I'll continue with Tsuru after I get Garp, I guess. Nice for the Alvida return. Hopefully we'll get a old Fortnight Island in a weekly manner like JP does from now on.

Woke up. Wanted to do a quick extra island run on the train to work. As I pressed the button to start the battle, I realized I was still using my weak mission team for Fuchsia.

FML.

(only had enough stamina for 1 run and I would have leveled up)

Pic or it hasn't happened!

You team pic should join my Penguin Army in the wall of fame.

chrono01

Whats the tactic with a Mihawk Team?

Basically Vivi/Laboon as Captain Friend, along with a low-leveled Mihawk and a few Lobsters [Red/Green/Purple]. Work your way through the stage as normal until you reach Garp. Just grind him out, waiting for Mihawk's special. When it's available, use it. Rinse/Repeat until you win.

It's slow going, but Mihawk's special cuts down on the time by quite a bit. I've heard 29 minute runs are possible with this team.

Basically Vivi/Laboon as Captain Friend, along with a low-leveled Mihawk and a few Lobsters [Red/Green/Purple]. Work your way through the stage as normal until you reach Garp. Just grind him out, waiting for Mihawk's special. When it's available, use it. Rinse/Repeat until you win.

It's slow going, but Mihawk's special cuts down on the time by quite a bit. I've heard 29 minute runs are possible with this team.

My evolved Mihawk is Level 76 :(

chrono01

My evolved Mihawk is Level 76 :(
Yeah, mine is something like Level 62. I thought I was good, sitting at juuuust under 4000HP, but then I remembered I forgot to factor in Vivi's HP. I'm not sure if I can make it with him, unless I find an extremely high-leveled Vivi. :/

I do have a Basil Hawkins I can use in his place. Sure, his special isn't as powerful, but at least it's something and he at least has a type advantage. Thankfully, I haven't leveled him much yet at all.

RalchAC

Yeah, mine is something like Level 62. I thought I was good, sitting at juuuust under 4000HP, but then I remembered I forgot to factor in Vivi's HP. I'm not sure if I can make it with him, unless I find an extremely high-leveled Vivi. :/

I do have a Basil Hawkins I can use in his place. Sure, his special isn't as powerful, but at least it's something and he at least has a type advantage. Thankfully, I haven't leveled him much yet at all.

I'm going with a Mihawk team, but I'm slowly leveling my Vivi in order to avoid those kind of problems. Vivi users can choose if they prefer a Zoro or Laboon. A team with Hawkins, Mihawk and that Onigumo guy should clear things quite faster.

Mine is at level 41, sadly.

chrono01

I'm going with a Mihawk team, but I'm slowly leveling my Vivi in order to avoid those kind of problems. Vivi users can choose if they prefer a Zoro or Laboon. A team with Hawkins, Mihawk and that Onigumo guy should clear things quite faster.

You should have saved a spare lvl 3 Mihawk, he has 372 HP. Make sure to grab one when/if he comes back.
Yea, I really wish I didn't fuse all of my Mihawk away. I didn't plan ahead, it seems. -_-

The Vivi needs to be princess Vivi or the one before? I have the Alabasta Vivi Level 65.

Dandte

Still not sure if i should farm and max skill garp. Without Mr 2 and usopp i don't really need him and could farm him later. Also with the returning of Alvida they maybe Start the returning of raid bosses. Putting my gems Into Mihawk would be much better.

opinions?

Hana-Bi

Still not sure if i should farm and max skill garp. Without Mr 2 and usopp i don't really need him and could farm him later. Also with the returning of Alvida they maybe Start the returning of raid bosses. Putting my gems Into Mihawk would be much better.

opinions?
Yeah, if you don't have Mr2 a max skill level Garp isn't that important.

Hisoka

opinions?

whynotboth.gif xD

My Team is finished.
Got Robin to max skill, and Broggy is down to 11 rounds. I'm done. Garp can come!

Hana-Bi

whynotboth.gif xD

My Team is finished.
Got Robin to max skill, and Broggy is down to 11 rounds. I'm done. Garp can come!
Wow at the skill level for Broggy. Got only one skill up so far... Baratie farming wasn't that successful for me. :(

I try a double Nami, Robin, Helmeppo, Hina and Coby team instead.

opinions?

If you're just using him captain then max skilling him isn't that important since max skill friend + Mr 2 will do the job just fine (can't have 2x Mr 2). If you have plans to use him as a sub in a PSY or INT team (Garp + Buggy + Towel Nami) then you're going to want some skill ups on him.

Mihawk is infinitely more important though (and can drop any day now) so if you can only farm one of them it has to be Mihawk.

Hisoka

Wow at the skill level for Broggy. Got only one skill up so far... Baratie farming wasn't that successful for me. :(

I try a double Nami, Robin, Helmeppo, Hina and Coby team instead.

Believe me, it was pure torture. And yes, Johnnys droprate is crap, even with 2xdrop, hate this guy noe <__<" Even gave 2 gems away.. Never again. Needed around 18 Johnnys and 2 gaimon for this skilllvl.
My Nami will support you! Thanks for sharing yours xD

Hana-Bi

Believe me, it was pure torture. And yes, Johnnys droprate is crap, even with 2xdrop, hate this guy noe <__<" Even gave 2 gems away.. Never again. Needed around 18 Johnnys and 2 gaimon for this skilllvl.
My Nami will support you! Thanks for sharing yours xD
Yeah, I farmed 5 Johnnys but I got no skill up so I gave up on the farming...

sasari

My planned team for Garp, really unsure what to do here... I also have:

• Evolved Buggy lvl 43
  • Evolved Krieg lvl 37
  • Sergeant Helmeppo 41
  • Tsuru lvl 30
  • Petty Coby lvl 50
  • Max Godsopp

And a ton of mixed other characters... any advice appreciated!

• Evolved Buggy lvl 43
  • Evolved Krieg lvl 37
  • Sergeant Helmeppo 41
  • Tsuru lvl 30
  • Petty Coby lvl 50
  • Max Godsopp

psst, add me..
815 353 204

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

• Evolved Buggy lvl 43
  • Evolved Krieg lvl 37
  • Sergeant Helmeppo 41
  • Tsuru lvl 30
  • Petty Coby lvl 50
  • Max Godsopp

Maybe try to get Onigumo from the current time Event Island for his -10% Enemy HP skill. Might save you some turns.

Btw, anything LS/Vivi teams need to worry about before garp himself?

Any super high hp/hard to kill dual enemies or something?

Wave 2: Make sure to target the Elder Seahorse so that it doesn't lock one of your captains (the lock is random). From what I've read, they all have super armor w/ the Elder having 7 HP and the five grunts have either 4 or 5 HP. Onigumo can OHKO the Elder.

The Turtle in Helmeppo's wave also has super armor (this time with 29 HP). Having a group that can hit for more than that 29 is useful to get rid of the turtle in one round, leaving Helmeppo alone.

This fight should be similar to LS/Vivi teams: https://youtu.be/iAl5dPqef2M

Tidd

Can I beat Garp? ;_;

First thing: DON'T BRING USOPP WITH YOU. Garp is immune to turn delay, poison and other things.

You have 31k HP. First three attacks Garp deals 3000 damage and then a single attack dealing 18k. After that another 3k hit. This would make 30k damage in 5 turns. Every attack that follows now deals 10k damage.
With your team you would survive 6? turns, if you have full HP at Garp and you would deal 725k damage to him.
After that you have to use gems! You would survive another 4 hits before he kills you again. During that you can deal 500k damage to him.
So that would make 3 gems before he falls. (Could be more or less depending on orb luck)

tl;dr: No you can't without using gems.

cw_sasuke

Dawg spend those 3 gems and get Garp.. It'll be worth it. I'll also have my max lvl Vista up during the event.

Dawg

First thing: DON'T BRING USOPP WITH YOU. Garp is immune to turn delay, poison and other things.

You have 31k HP. First three attacks Garp deals 3000 damage and then a single attack dealing 18k. After that another 3k hit. This would make 30k damage in 5 turns. Every attack that follows now deals 10k damage.
With your team you would survive 6? turns, if you have full HP at Garp and you would deal 725k damage to him.
After that you have to use gems! You would survive another 4 hits before he kills you again. During that you can deal 500k damage to him.
So that would make 3 gems before he falls. (Could be more or less depending on orb luck)

tl;dr: No you can't without using gems.

Dawg spend those 3 gems and get Garp.. It'll be worth it. I'll also have my max lvl Vista up during the event.

Thanks. I have 20 gems so I have room for error.

This is my box atm:

CIV28MoUAAAzj24.jpg:large

I could also evolve Helmeppo and Don Krieg but goddamnit I need TWO purple dragons and my luck is really bad today. Tried a few dragons, always yellow ;__;

Oh man, y'know what I'm looking forward to btw?

When Shabaody becomes an in-game island. I know it'll be ages away for global but I like actually seeing that stuff when it releases in JP.

Xcution

Who has a low skill turn Mihawk that i can use for this Garp fight :) much love.

If anyone needs my Kihawk is Max lvl and a 22 turn skill.

Dandte

Yeah, if you don't have Mr2 a max skill level Garp isn't that important.

whynotboth.gif xD

My Team is finished.

If you're just using him captain then max skilling him isn't that important since max skill friend + Mr 2 will do the job just fine (can't have 2x Mr 2). If you have plans to use him as a sub in a PSY or INT team (Garp + Buggy + Towel Nami) then you're going to want some skill ups on him.

Mihawk is infinitely more important though (and can drop any day now) so if you can only farm one of them it has to be Mihawk.
Good Job Towel-Hisoka! I thought about that too korial, are 4 Safe purple orbs and two useless units better than 5 possible usefull units?

Oh man, y'know what I'm looking forward to btw?

When Shabaody becomes an in-game island. I know it'll be ages away for global but I like actually seeing that stuff when it releases in JP.
I want zoro and nami v3!

cw_sasuke

I want Rebecca and Perona.

Thanks. I have 20 gems so I have room for error.

This is my box atm:

I could also evolve Helmeppo and Don Krieg but goddamnit I need TWO purple dragons and my luck is really bad today. Tried a few dragons, always yellow ;__;
Totally forget that you have Robin... Can you somehow get her into your team without the costs exploding? As said before Golden Pound Usopp is useless against Garp and Robin is better than unveiled Krieg/Meppo or Nami. With Robins active you might be able to clear Garp spending a stone less.

Dandte

I want Rebecca and Perona.

Rebecca is a Manga/guide book only Char :/
Well in the early days we had a special 700 Power luffy op trading card bundled with a Manga, maybe bamco will Do the same.
Anyone played the trading card game? I still have some good Decks. Robin captain and nami vivi subs with a sniper Mechanik and a burst nami Zorro Team ... AAaah memories <3

Top Bottom