• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

I'm thinking of making my Garp team:

Vivi + Lion Song

Oniguma

Mihawk

Alvida

+ Godsopp in case I mess up on a mob anywhere. Everyone but Mihawk has a combo over 6 too, for high def enemies. (well not sure about lion song, what's his combo?)

Considering I'll be relying on oniguma/mihawk's specials for damage, that should work right?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
dG0MjNu.jpg

My team for tonight. Hopefully it works out. Everyone but Vista skill maxed.

If you're just using him captain then max skilling him isn't that important since max skill friend + Mr 2 will do the job just fine (can't have 2x Mr 2). If you have plans to use him as a sub in a PSY or INT team (Garp + Buggy + Towel Nami) then you're going to want some skill ups on him.

Mihawk is infinitely more important though (and can drop any day now) so if you can only farm one of them it has to be Mihawk.

Well crap, there you go messing up my plans with your logical thinking. As much as I would love to have a Max'ed Garp, you're absolutely right about Mihawk being a top priority. Do we have any idea when he might show up again, based off of the JP game? If it's a month or more out, then I'll be fine, but, if sooner, then I'll probably save my gems.

Kinan

Could a Lvl 72 Vivi save Team with 3100HP? (without Vivis HP?)
I have Laboon, Onigumo, Arlong and two crabs.

Yea, princess vivi 72lvl has 401 rcv and 790hp, so you can survive with up to ~3200HP(+Vivis HP) teams.

I'll have Laboon lvl5 available today, if anyone need that.

my code: 389354431

Could a Lvl 72 Vivi save Team with 3100HP? (without Vivis HP?)
I have Laboon, Onigumo, Arlong and two crabs.
Yes, she will. I'm not sure in the exact number, but for a level 74, you can go up to 4060hp.

I will have my Vivi up, anyone who is using Lion Song or Laboon(or anyone really), feel free to add.
Quote for my code:

RedBoot

Well crap, there you go messing up my plans with your logical thinking. As much as I would love to have a Max'ed Garp, you're absolutely right about Mihawk being a top priority. Do we have any idea when he might show up again, based off of the JP game? If it's a month or more out, then I'll be fine, but, if sooner, then I'll probably save my gems.

Our "rerun" events have been pretty different from theirs, so there's no telling. I think they had Mihawk come back within a few days of his first appearance. I guess if we're going to get regular reruns of the fortnights now, it might also mean the raid bosses will come back, but I'm just guessing there. Just be prepared at all times. :p

Got a purple dragon to drop quickly this morning, so my Robin's evolved and at level 51. I think I have a team that can beat Garp, they just might be a little too low-leveled. Either way, I should be able to get him with only a couple gems, at worst.

I thought about that too korial, are 4 Safe purple orbs and two useless units better than 5 possible usefull units?

Yeah 4 guaranteed orbs + useless unit > 3 orbs + broggy's lame stats. Once we get Doflamingo (in ~3 months), you could even get rid of Buggy and just use garp+nami for some INT orbs then use Doffy's special to boost the orbs and put them on the right units. The difference is not huge (~300k in the burst turn with Doffy) so you shouldn't be in a rush to max skill him just for your INT team, he's primarily a great PSY captain and sub.

By this time JP got Mihawk 3 times: at the end of Krieg's fortnight, a week later with Morgan's (what we got in global) and a week or 2 before Garp (what we expected but didn't get) so we're not following the JP schedule anymore but he's late so we should get him soon-ish.

RedBoot

Ah man I just realised I've got 79 stamina per level atm.

At what point do you get 80 sta? level 120?

Should be around that, give or take a level. I have 69 stamina at level 100, and you get one every other level.

Gonna try and push to have 80 by the time Zephyr comes, so I can farm him. Should be easy with Garp, and I could use another high-stat INT unit.

Should be around that, give or take a level. I have 69 stamina at level 100, and you get one every other level.

Gonna try and push to have 80 by the time Zephyr comes, so I can farm him. Should be easy with Garp, and I could use another high-stat INT unit.

Isn't it 1 stamina every 2 levels & +1 max crew every 2 levels?

Every even level up grants +1 STA, while every odd level up grants +2 Cost. At p.lvl 120 Cost becomes 138 and at p.lvl 121 STA becomes 80.

Edit: Does anyone have a Max level Vivi? I think I had one on my friend's list during Monster Chopper, but I I'm not 100% sure. I can run the following team, but I'd need at least a lvl 95 Vivi to make the HP work.

If not, then it's not a huge deal. I know I have Vivi friends at least at lvl 83, so I can run this as a backup.

Hisoka

Good Job Towel-Hisoka! I thought about that too korial, are 4 Safe purple orbs and two useless units better than 5 possible usefull units?

I love you too xD but what i really wanted to say is.. I need your NAMI! ಠдಠ Towel-bro! For fifty runs xD

Xcution

Who has a low skill turn Mihawk that i can use for this Garp fight :) much love.

If anyone needs my Kihawk is Max And 22 turns for special.

Hana-Bi

Hope my double Nami, Robin, Helmeppo, Coby and Hina team can farm Garp. If not I'll try plan B: LS Zoro and Vivi. I would use Mihawk, Robin and Broggy (to heal Garps attack) and then I could use Nami or Onigumo for his special. Which char should I use?

Wazzy

Banned
Nervous and excited for Garp tonight. I couldn't max Merry so I might have to gem but oh well. I'll be using double Vista captains.

Also any silver or golds want to barrel break? I've got two tries left! I would rather use my silver chest now before Garp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If anyone still needs a max lvl Vista friend you can add my main acc from the Gaflist...if you need Laboon friend you can add my 2nd acc.

My Mihawk is up, but I'll be switching to Nami when the raid starts so if you need him refresh your app shortly before 19:00 PST, or before this countdown hits 0:

t1435287600z4.png

My ID is in the spreadsheet. PM me if you need him or find me in the reddit live chat (a bunch of people will be farming using max Mihawks there, they could at least add you for the day to help). I'll also switch to him (and try to keep refreshing the app frequently) once I'm done with my Nami runs.

Good luck everyone. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lol damn you rolling with two account you crazy. I can barely keep up with just one hahahahah.
Hehe... Yeah I kept that second just because I wanted to try out Whitebeard and see what the fuss is all about.

But handling both is not an issue... You can only do a couple 30 stages per day anyway. So it's not that bad.

chrono01

I think my Garp team is ready. I'll be going with:

Laboon/Vivi
Hawkins
Onigumo [just got him!]
Red Lobster
Purple Lobster

I wish I could run a standard team, but I lack the INT units [and I'm not interested in spending Rainbow Gems if I don't need to]. I have a max-skill Towel Nami that I'll put up as my leader after I'm done farming [for those that need/want her]. Or I can keep my Laboon up if anyone needs him instead.

Best of luck to us all!

Wazzy

Banned
My final team it looks like will be:
Vista 72
Robin 84
Coby 73
Towel Nami 79
Buggy 52

I do also have Helmeppo at same level as Buggy if it's better to replace him. There's also trying to to put a few more levels into Kreig which he already beats both HP and attack wise lol

Thanks! I got Cola which is awesome, hopefully if I can get one more BB before Garp I can get another batch of Cola and by luck get Merry maxed.

I have a max-skilled Towel Nami, but she's only lvl 75. After I finish my Vivi/Laboon battle, I can leave lvl 5 Laboon up or switch to Nami if anyone needs her.

Quote for ID

Cerity

God I forgot to renew my passwords for my 4 alt accounts ... I don't have the will to do that stuff all over again :/.

I've got 5 accounts for barrel breaking and just swap out the sakura and device.db files. I don't know about actually playing the game though lol, seems to bug out with crew/gem numbers.

Who has a low skill turn Mihawk that i can use for this Garp fight :) much love.

If anyone needs my Kihawk is Max And 22 turns for special.

I think Korial is the only gaffer with a max cooldown Mihawk (to which I am eternally grateful for.) However I'm not sure how the Friend Captain list refreshing works which could be problematic for someone like me who wants to farm Garp. I know returning to the title screen will refresh the list to an extent but I don't know if being able to use a friend captain again (without the 10 FP bonus) is contingent on them being active within their own game or not between your play sessions. I'll have to see how this works before I start committing gems to farming, unless of course someone has a secret stash of max skill level Mihawks friends out there.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think Korial is the only gaffer with a max cooldown Mihawk (to which I am eternally grateful for.) However I'm not sure how the Friend Captain list refreshing works which could be problematic for someone like me who wants to farm Garp. I know returning to the title screen will refresh the list to an extent but I don't know if being able to use a friend captain again (without the 10 FP bonus) is contingent on them being active within their own game or not between your play sessions. I'll have to see how this works before I start committing gems to farming, unless of course someone has a secret stash of max skill level Mihawks friends out there.
After you use them, they will only show up again (after you relog) if they log in after the use.

Wazzy

Banned
Any other silver or golds want to BB? I've got one try left and would like to try and see what I can get before Garp. I'm silver!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
dG0MjNu.jpg

My team for tonight. Hopefully it works out. Everyone but Vista skill maxed.
ID:030143755

My ID for people who wanted me to add them. I'll be switching to Vista when I'm done farming. I won't be home until close to 11 so I'll be going straight to farming (but I will accept FRs real quick).

Majukun

so..i have 2 teams ready

vista x2 (lv max and 61) [maybe friend towel nami is better?]
robin lv 65
don krieg lv 77
srg coby lv 68
srg helmeppo lv 54

or

g3 luffy x2 (lv max and 97)
robin lv 65
vista lv 61
coby lv 68
don krieg lv 77

what do you think it's better?
any chance to have a gemless run with any of those?

so..i have 2 teams ready

robin lv 65
don krieg lv 77
srg coby lv 68
srg helmeppo lv 54

or

robin lv 65
vista lv 61
coby lv 68
don krieg lv 77

G3 will fail. There is a stage where all but captains are locked for 2? turns.

so..i have 2 teams ready

robin lv 65
don krieg lv 77
srg coby lv 68
srg helmeppo lv 54

or

robin lv 65
vista lv 61
coby lv 68
don krieg lv 77

Try either the Vista team with Vista friend or the G3 one with Towel Nami friend.

Crap, I wasn't banking on so many people going with Vista instead of Towel Nami as Captain. I would have went Vista myself if I had him, but I'm not sure that I can pull off Towel Nami + Vista captains. Guess we'll find out!

HawthorneKitty

Crap, I wasn't banking on so many people going with Vista instead of Towel Nami as Captain. I would have went Vista myself if I had him, but I'm not sure that I can pull off Towel Nami + Vista captains. Guess we'll find out!
I'm Nami, but yeah, I think I'd go Nami/Vista just to I can tank a little better.

I'm Nami, but yeah, I think I'd go Nami/Vista just to I can tank a little better.

I just ran the numbers on the calculator and, while it's doable, I think it'll take a bit of luck. I would have 20,250 HP with a Max level Vista Captain. That buys me what, 4 turns? I'm still not 100% on Garp's damage output.

Wazzy

Banned
Garp sooooooooooonnnnnn

I really hope I can farm him.

After I'm done farming I can put Towel Nami up for a little. Mine has a level 3 skill.

HawthorneKitty

I just ran the numbers on the calculator and, while it's doable, I think it'll take a bit of luck. I would have 20,250 HP with a Max level Vista Captain. That buys me what, 4 turns? I'm still not 100% on Garp's damage output.
Ohhh nvm, read his damage wrong, I'll go Double Nami.

Good luck guys.

I really don't care if I gem on this, especially since I don't really think I have a good enough team. But I'll have a Garp 100%.

Tidd

FUCK YOU AUTO TARGETING! It locked the Seahorse at my first try and a Marine did to much damage too me. xD

But 2nd try was no problem at all and I should be able to farm him.

oh btw: How true is this?
They both drop from the island with extremely low rate. Like... if you're thinking of farming for one... forget it. If you get one... you should go play the lottery.

Because Coby dropped for me. lol
I guess I'll win the lottery this weekend and buy everyone some gems.

Wazzy

Banned
Garp get!

It took two gems from me but I think I messed up with my orbs. I'm also struggling hitting the perfect with Kreig so maybe I should replace him with Buggy.

Otherwise that was fun :D

3 gems it took me, since I only had 9800 health and his '1 turn 10k damage' attack did me in twice.

REALLY wish I knew beforehand that Usopp would be useless in this fight. Would have saved me one or two gems, probably. Oh well. I got me Garp.

Top Bottom