• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Wazzy

Banned
So new stuff coming. Yellow turtle time, new characters in Friend Recruit, x2 Super Success rate up and bigger chance of cola in Friend Game.

Ferga

Alright, it me 15 minutes to finish Garp with:

Vivi
LS zoro
Mihawk
onigumo
Alvida
Vista

Don't know if I'm bothered to stamina gem to farm. Hmm...

Xcution

If someone is farming Garp and did not have to gem can you please port your team. I had to gem once and it was a close finish.

Damn that guys hits like a truck lol.

Edit:

Fed my first 5 Garps to himself and got 3 skill ups *O*

What team are you using that you got 5 Garps are you gemming?

chrono01

Well, it took me around 40 minutes with a Laboon/Vivi team consisting of Hawkins/Onigumo/Red Lobster/Purple Lobster, but GARP GET! No Rainbow Gem use, obviously, it was very easy [although mind-numbingly boring]. I'm doubtful I'll do any farming now, since it'll be so much easier his next time around when I can beat him a lot faster. I'll probably run him whenever I can with the natural replenishment of my stamina, as the XP is pretty decent.

Regardless, thanks to those on my Friend List who decided to put up their Vivi, it helped me immensely. I put my Level 84 Towel Nami up [sorry, I couldn't max her level in time] if anyone can use her. She's max-skilled too.

Hana-Bi

Mmh, needed a gem because I missed my Robin attacks two time in a row on Garp. Hopefully Garp is possible with perfects. Will try this out later though.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
40-minute Vivi/Laboon Garp clear done. Easy, but too long for me to run him more than once.

The HP worked out so that my team was actually pretty respectable:

lvl 5 Laboon
Purple Lobster
Blue Lobster
LVL 45 Brogy
LVL 29 Helmeppo

This team was doing ~21,000 damage with 0 matching orbs... not bad. Glad I put all of this week's turtles into my INT units like Vista - that unintentionally allowed me to use Brogy and Helmeppo in my zombie team.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm murdering Garp in 2 turns each time. Only gemming for stamina. Stage 2 is always a miniature heart attack though. Smooth sailing after that.

Hana-Bi

I'm murdering Garp in 2 turns each time. Only gemming for stamina. Stage 2 is always a miniature heart attack though. Smooth sailing after that.

Wow, what team are you using? Ah, you posted it on the last page. Seems similar to my team. Do you have a maxed Merry?

I think I also made the mistake to use the first Garp turn to just use my Namis, because I wanted a yellow/purple orb for them (Robin and Helmeppo were already purple/yellow) so that I can max the Coby/Hina/Robin specials. Are you using the special right at the start or are you waiting for better orbs for your Namis?

Well, it took me around 40 minutes with a Laboon/Vivi team consisting of Hawkins/Onigumo/Red Lobster/Purple Lobster, but GARP GET! No Rainbow Gem use, obviously, it was very easy [although mind-numbingly boring].

I used this team, and had similar results (~10 min longer, due to no Hawkins).
3NyYF4j.png

Big time thanks to bjork and his lvl 94 Vivi. I'd of had to cut Vista from the team if I was using a lower leveled Vivi.

I'm doubtful I'll do any farming now, since it'll be so much easier his next time around when I can beat him a lot faster. I'll probably run him whenever I can with the natural replenishment of my stamina, as the XP is pretty decent.
I'ma do the same. I'll prob get 4 more runs in total for him without wasting gems (I'm 9.5k from leveling up, but not 80 STA yet).

StMeph

Ugh. Successfully got Garp, but had to spend a couple of stones to get there. That means I won't be able to farm him more, which is a shame because his special is pretty amazing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm running this Vista team and the success rate is more or less 100% if you are high lvl and your Mihawk active skill is ready sometime during the fight.

Vista/Vista
Krieg/Nami v2
Mihawk/Smoker

Works really well, props to Korialstrasz for recommending me that build.

I'm confused on how Vivi/Lion Song teams would work with this. I mean, he is doing 10k damage every turn at the end of his life there, and Vivi doesn't heal a solid 10k. It would even fail the first time Garp uses his special, right?

Surely I'm missing something.

I'm confused on how Vivi/Lion Song teams would work with this. I mean, he is doing 10k damage every turn at the end of his life there, and Vivi doesn't heal a solid 10k. It would even fail the first time Garp uses his special, right?

Lion song reduces damage by 80% when hp is full. That 10k turns into 2k.

Edit: Holy shit, oops. Was just stalling on Helmeppo for no real reason... He started using his special, I was not paying attention. Dammit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

It works on the special because you also need a damage reducer/extra healer when the special comes. The 10k is no problem.

Jayhawk

Only beat Garp twice with G3/Towel Nami team. Had to gem when I screwed up Perfects. Not going to try any more because I am distracted by the Final Fantasy XIV expansion.

... I was wondering why it wasn't working in my head. I was playing Kingdom Hearts and I got Lion Song mixed up with the KH ability where you survive with 1 HP after taking a deathblow. Hah.
:p
That would be Laboon's ability! (You need to be >50% HP though, thus the team's total needing to be less than 10x Vivi's RCV stat to survive).

That would be Laboon's ability! (You need to be >50% HP though, thus the team's total needing to be less than 10x Vivi's RCV stat to survive).

I do have a Laboon. But he never crossed my mind. Too many Heartless on my screen for that.
:p

Edit: Also wow. Garp is WAY easier with dual Vistas than he is dual Namis. Holy hell.

I'm running this Vista team and the success rate is more or less 100% if you are high lvl and your Mihawk active skill is ready sometime during the fight.

Vista/Vista
Krieg/Nami v2
Mihawk/Smoker

Glad to see that the team worked. :D

My Nami team is having fun 2HKO'ing Garp, I even went with the wrong team once (Usopp instead of Coby, my Tsuru team) and still beat him in 3 turns.

I will only get ~5 Garp runs in today. I don't foresee a reason to keep a low level Garp like I should have for Mihawk. Any dupes will just go to him. Would this be the right call?

I don't see much need to put him in a Vivi+Laboon team, when I can do Captains + 2 units strong against the boss + Onigumo + Mihawk (I'll keep a dupe whenever he returns).

If we get a purple boss, I'd image a F2P team of Double Garp, Mr. 2, Coby, GH Usopp, Hina (Replaceable w/ Domino when her Fortnight comes to Global) should work fine.

Wazzy

Banned
Got him three times, fed him to the other one and got no skillup. I'll farm him twice more and that's it. I can farm him a lot easier the next time he comes around.

Cerity

Aww yeah got garp. Rolled with a dual vista team, took about 14 turns and 2 gems. I couldn't see my dual mihawk team lasting without throwing a ridiculous amounts of gems at him.

Ran in with 32k out of 35k~ hp, took the first 5 turns of damage, gemmed on the 6th and then popped Smoker to last another 5 turns before gemming again. Another 3 turns and he was down.

Can't wait until I get to a point where I can farm these raid bosses comfortably.

Dandte

I'm Out.

10 Garps 1 fucking skill up. Nothing more to say.
Also stalling with a 16 turn robin isn't fun. I was ready to farm and max him, but fuck this game and my overall luck in this game, i reached the point where i want to quit.

Did Garp twice, but a zombie team really isn't efficient enough to farm.

Glad to have him as a unit though, I've been needing a good reliable PSY captain.

Cerity

put together a quick psy team just to give it a go, used psy chopper as a sub.

They absolutely nailed his skill animation, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Majukun

had to use one gem because of no orb luck at all.. but i got my Gary on my main account... gemless on the secondary one with team zombie Laboon.

noticed now I have an extremely good heart team on my secondary account, while on the main one the first decent I have is Gary (and coby)

EDIt:what kind on skill books can you obtan with the friend recruit?
because i don't know if i shoul use my firend points now or next event when you can get a laboon and other characters..you know since i farmed for laboon numerous times and never got one

Vista/Vista
Krieg/Nami v2
Mihawk/Smoker

how do you charge mihawk's skill without taking a big amount of damage from helmeppo and coby?

Hana-Bi

With a Merry bonus of 1.2 I can't farm Garp without a gem here and there. And since the skill up rate seems also kind of low for some of us, I will stick with Lion Song and farm only a few Garps.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad to see that the team worked. :D

My Nami team is having fun 2HKO'ing Garp, I even went with the wrong team once (Usopp instead of Coby, my Tsuru team) and still beat him in 3 turns.

Thanks man !!

How far along are you ? With your team farming Garp must be fun xD

I farmed a couple now but the skill up rate kinda sucks for me ( see Dandte)...so i will try again later and depending on the results i will keep going or let it slide for now.

MIhawk once he comes back will be more important as you said.
how do you charge mihawk's skill without taking a big amount of damage from helmeppo and coby?

Well you arent supposed to get hit at all ( except Helmeppos preemptive of course). BUt as said you have to have the essential skills ready for the battle - so if you Mihawk or Smoker arent ready for Garp it wont work.

Thats how i start the fight i fifnt mess up stalling to the max.

quickmemo_2015-06-26-qoscw.png

PS. I also have maxxed Merry - so it wont work for everyone of course.

My team works, but it's super dependent on whether or not I can get Purple Orbs on my Towel Nami captains or not. Another huge factor is my Hina not being maxed (16 turns), which means I take a couple more hits, which means I usually can only survive long enough for three attacks instead of four.

Oh well, probably give it a few more tries just for the experience, but then I'll be done. I need to be saving gems for Mihawk anyway.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Had to gem twice. Mother fuck..

Barely had to do it, got hit for 10k with 8.1khp and had already gemmed... He was a round away from dying...

This with my Vista team

At least I got him now..

Don't think I'm going to bother anymore

I'd get away with my default team by gemming once per go if adjust something but it's not worth it

RalchAC

I've done it once. Had to use gems. Like 2 or 3. I'm not going to farm him so I hope best luck to you all that are planning to do it.

Oh, and you can get Momo via Friend Points recruit. Nice.

xrokis

This is my setup:

It's a bit like G3, if you fuck up your perfects too much you shouldn't run this team.
But it's super satisfying to pull it of once you have the timing down and can two shot Garp :D
The greatest enemy is auto targeting on the seahorse, if you want to stall. After that you should be good
Oh and i have MAX Merry, i guess otherwise it would be a lot harder

Top Bottom