• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm am not getting big numbers like you same team.Could you make a vid or explain what your doing.

This was a PM, but because I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, I can't make a video so here's my strat:

Are they the same levels/max skills? If they aren't then you're not going to get those numbers. If they are and you don't have MAX Merry, then you're not going to get those numbers. If they are and you have MAX Merry, then it basically comes down to making sure Vista and Robin both have either yellow or purple orbs by the end of the 3rd stage (turtle stage). Then you hope you get 1-2 purple or yellow orbs on either Nami by the time everyone gets released from their locks during Garp's second turn. Then use Nami's ability if needed (you need a minimum of 3 purple orbs on your purple dudes, particularly one on vista), then use Hina's ability, then use Robin and Coby's abilities. Get a perfect 2.5. Then the next turn, get a perfect 2.5 (or vice versa if you need an extra turn for Robin to hit her special). Garp will be dead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is my setup:

It's a bit like G3, if you fuck up your perfects too much you shouldn't run this team.
But it's super satisfying to pull it of once you have the timing down and can two shot Garp :D
The greatest enemy is auto targeting on the seahorse, if you want to stall. After that you should be good
Oh and i have MAX Merry, i guess otherwise it would be a lot harder
Do you aim for the Marine unit at the Top right next to the Sea Horse when stalling? Or what exactly is the issue?

But you have a kick ass team for Garp, congrats.

I'm done with Garp, it was fun farming with my INT team. Took 55 Garp to max which is a slightly above average (~60) rate.

du6Skhr.jpg

My skill up break down (number of skillups/number of Garps used): 2/5 2/5 0/5 1/5 1/5 1/5 0/5 1/5 2/5 3/5 2/5 so don't let a couple 1/5 and 0/5 discourage you. ^^

xrokis

Do you aim for the Marine unit at the Top right next to the Sea Horse when stalling? Or what exactly is the issue?

yeah that's what i do. the first time i ran it, my tap on the marine didn't register and i killed the seahorse instead,
fucked up the whole run. once you make a mistake like that it doesn't happen again ^^
thanks i really concentrated on those units exclusively the last few weeks, i guess it was worth it :)

pelicansurf

With a high enough level purple team you don't even need to aim in that second stage. Just focus on getting perfects and using your purple characters last. If you have a chain going, even a 4-hitter like nami 1-shots the Seahorse.

OH, you guys stall there. I stall at the turtle stage. The Seahorse stage is too risky to try and farm, since if you mess up, your run is literally over.

Dawg

I'm done with Garp, it was fun farming with my INT team. Took 55 Garp to max which is a slightly above average (~60) rate.

My skill up break down (number of skillups/number of Garps used): 2/5 2/5 0/5 1/5 1/5 1/5 0/5 1/5 2/5 3/5 2/5 so don't let a couple 1/5 and 0/5 discourage you. ^^

Here I was... proud I had beaten Garp once... ;_;7

I don't even like Garp. INT UNITS 4 LYFE.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

You're a beast, congrats!

xrokis

With a high enough level purple team you don't even need to aim in that second stage. Just focus on getting perfects and using your purple characters last. If you have a chain going, even a 4-hitter like nami 1-shots the Seahorse.

OH, you guys stall there. I stall at the turtle stage. The Seahorse stage is too risky to try and farm, since if you mess up, your run is literally over.

hah i like to live dangerous :D
i still stall at the turtle, but my robin cd is 14 and i just want to be sure her special is up at garp

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Who, incidentally, Garp will help defeat. :)

Gonna have to farm Bon Clay like crazy when Alabasta gets released.

Yep, damn which reminds me I really need to work on my PSY team otherwise this will be a looong Vivi team run....

RedBoot

Yep, damn which reminds me I really need to work on my PSY team otherwise this will be a looong Vivi team run....

Yeah. I was planning on Double Garp, Coby, Bon Clay, Impact Usopp, and Shanks (only missing Bon Clay from that now), but I'm not entirely sure if that team would be able to do it. Based on the guide, Zephyr seems a little different from the bosses we've gotten so far. He attacks less often (and can be stalled), so we can get more hits in, but his damage is much higher.

I'm worried that I'd need Marco (in place of Shanks) and his heal to get that strategy to work. I dunno, I'm sure people will put a lot more thought into Zephyr teams once he gets closer.

pelicansurf

hah i like to live dangerous :D
i still stall at the turtle, but my robin cd is 14 and i just want to be sure her special is up at garp

The math works out with 14 Robin and JUST the turtle, that you'll have her special up by turn 2 or 3 (turn 1 being when all your troops are locked). Since those are the only 2 turns you have to kill Garp, it works out.

xrokis

The math works out with 14 Robin and JUST the turtle, that you'll have her special up by turn 2 or 3 (turn 1 being when all your troops are locked). Since those are the only 2 turns you have to kill Garp, it works out.

you're totally right, just ran it that way and it's way less stressful

if anyone isn't running garp anymore could you put up your high level towel namis? i'm starting to run low on friend namis

Wazzy

Banned
I got one skill level up from 5 so I think I'll quit for now. When he comes back he'll be much easier to farm since I'll have an even better team.

Copons

First time I try a zombie team, and holy shit it's booooooooooring, especially because Garp really has to fire his special every single turn, oh em gee.

As I can't efficently beat him in any other way (double Mihawk - both with their skill at base level - got me to trash countless gems), I guess I won't go there anymore.

Also because Tsuru still hasn't dropped yet and I should focus on her.

chrono01

I maxed him, too. Used 16gems + a few level ups, which means I needed 32-40 garps. I guess that's okay.

finally done, i think it were exactly 40 Garps.
didn't see that garp needs 2 yellow pirate penguins, but at least i got his special maxed :)
thanks everyone for your towel namis!
Congratulations to you three [and everyone else who managed to max skill Garp]. As for me? I don't have a solid INT team yet [nor an under-leveled Mihawk :(], so each run takes me around 40 minutes with Vivi/Laboon. I farmed twice [well three times, if you include the first run] and I just can't do it anymore. It doesn't help that the new expansions for FFXIV is demanding my attention, so spending 40 minutes of such mind-numbing work is even more excruciating.

I'm going to stop farming and try again when Garp returns. Hopefully, by then, I'll have Robin and Broggy, as well as my other INT units leveled up.

Dandte

Same Problem here Chrono :p
and I'm so done with this game.
3 skillups using 25 garps at this rate i would need 125 garps wtf. At least He is evolved.
I spend so much time building this Team and the rng fucks me up everytime.... This isn't fun anymore...

Well that was a hell of an ordeal. It took about 43 Garps to max him, give or take a few. I kinda lost track after a while. And I did it all with just one max Mihawk because apparently I'm a crazy person. Big ups to Korial and some wonderful people over on reddit for supplying me with the max skill Mihawks to be able to do so.

finally done, i think it were exactly 40 Garps.
didn't see that garp needs 2 yellow pirate penguins, but at least i got his special maxed :)
thanks everyone for your towel namis!

I did the same exact thing and was short one yellow pirate penguin for the evolution so I wound up farming chapter 4 of Loguetown for it with the 10 extra stamina I had between stamina refills. Luckily Loguetown was also half stamina today.

Dandte

Grats to everyone who maxed or nearly maxed garp. I working right now on my Mihawk farming Team

Chopper chopper
Morgan Arlong
Luffy god usopp
All around lvl 50 should work fine.

Grats to everyone who maxed or nearly maxed garp. I working right now on my Mihawk farming Team

Chopper chopper
Morgan Arlong
Luffy god usopp
All around lvl 50 should work fine.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that this will work, because of the preemptive 4,000 damage that Mihawk deals at the beginning of his fight. I might be wrong?

Today was pretty productive. For running a Vivi-Laboon team, I was still able to do 6 Garp runs without spending any gems. I fed one the other 5 + all of the yellow marines and turtles. Now I have a lvl 53 Garp w/ 1 Skill Up.

I also just noticed that I have over 2.2m Beli.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats guys on your max skill Garps...Very nice !!

Didn't make it this time because my skill up rate was just terrible (went 0/5 twice :-/ ) also I started again a bit too late to farm him just like with Mihawk... But I'll finish him the next time he is up.

linkent

20gem, ~70garb. ~50 let me skill to level 10.
The last 23 has no skill up T_T
End with level 50s skill level 10 garb..
Finally got my PSY team completed but still not perfect :(

pelicansurf

I had to work today, then I went to play some Magic at a LGS, so my only farm time came last night, around 11:30 to 1:30 or so. Sucks I couldn't get more runs in.

Wazzy

Banned
I'll be happy when Mihawk returns since I should easily be able to farm him when he returns. I will max him when he comes
back.

Also damn at you people who maxed Garp. Gratz!

Top Bottom