• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

Yeah Morgan is hard, if I watch his animation I tap too quick every time. I've been practicing on the 0 star island and think I have him down pat now

I listen for the sound effect, you can tap around the third sound. Problem is, Alvida works just about the same way, but with different timing.

I'm just going to have to memorize the timing though, since I don't always play with sound on.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, hearing Morgan helps a ton. I used him during Smoker, but even now as I play without sound, I make his noises in my mind.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh sweet Rayleigh.

BTW. Didn't you guys use Morgan against Smoker? I got used to his timing during that event since he was essential to unbind units.

RedBoot

Oh sweet Rayleigh.

BTW. Didn't you guys use Morgan against Smoker? I got used to his timing during that event since he was essential to unbind units.

I used Helmeppo on that one since I didn't have a particularly good STR team (hence my current issues). My gatcha luck's been heavily skewed towards INT and PSY (well, Shanks).

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
This is the first Fortnight island I'll be able to farm on 30-stam 100% comfortably - it's far less tough than I was expecting. Subbing in Red Marine I farmed earlier today is absolutely essential (he changes QCK slots to STR). It's a fully F2P team too.

My party is:

Luffy V2 Captain
Arlong
Alvida
Morgan
Red Marine

All around lvl ~50 is all - still clearing 30 stam with v2 Luffy or Blamenco friends. On turn 1 of the boss you activate the marine, giving you all STR slots and a huge burst of damage. Then on the boss's 2nd or 3rd attack you activate Alvida's special.

This gives you 6 full turns to kill her - easy peasy.

Kumo

I hope Bamco recognizes the fact that it would be in their best interest to increase our box space with the next Sugofest.... most of us can't afford any space to pull many rare recruits now and that means no rainbow gems spent!

chrono01

I hope Bamco recognizes the fact that it would be in their best interest to increase our box space with the next Sugofest.... most of us can't afford any space to pull many rare recruits now and that means no rainbow gems spent!
This is pretty much my situation. :/

cw_sasuke

I'll only have like 3-4 pulls for the sugofest. Hoping for Rayleigh, Whitebeard, Robin or Kidd.

Getting one of those units would be amazing, but very unlikely lol.

DrAg0nBoY

I have zero pulls this sugofest... Is it worth to buy gems with real money or not? I am thinking about it for some time now, but I am just not sure if I am willing to put real money into this game.

Also I am running this team for Kalifa:
2015-07-08-065632.png

I am lucky if I get good orbs, because some stages before her are killing me. I am just not 100% able to kill her constantly :/.

Just woke up.

My str units of worth are:

56 blameco

60 gear 3rd

45 monster chopper

63 alvida

58 arlong

Considering I can't hit reliable perfects on any of these, I'm thinking running a Blameco team with all of these guys. Or is a monster chopper team better?

fyi my remaining str units are: 39 fullbody, 26 unevolved morgan 22 seaking and level 10 kuroobi/pearl/johnni. they're all trash.

*edit*

A double monster chopper team only has 2k HP lol... That seems like a really really bad idea.

Ferga

Just woke up.

My str units of worth are:

56 blameco

60 gear 3rd

45 monster chopper

63 alvida

58 arlong

Considering I can't hit reliable perfects on any of these, I'm thinking running a Blameco team with all of these guys. Or is a monster chopper team better?

fyi my remaining str units are: 39 fullbody, 26 unevolved morgan 22 seaking and level 10 kuroobi/pearl/johnni. they're all trash.

Run double Monster Chopper+ a red marine with a special on a 11turn cooldown (level 4)

It destroys 30stamina

Run double Monster Chopper+ a red marine with a special on a 11turn cooldown (level 4)

It destroys 30stamina

How much cooldown does the red marine's special normally have? Cause I don't have a red marine atm.

/edit

Any easy way to grind that red marine?

/edit

Btw is stalling for 20 turns for Blameco's special too risky, it's the same right?

Ferga

How much cooldown does the red marine's special normally have? Cause I don't have a red marine atm.

/edit

Any easy way to grind that red marine?

Go do it now.

Shell town stage 6. It's on 0.5 stamina for another 30minutes. You can farm a butt load of red marines there for 2 stamina per run.

It's original cooldown is 16. Need to get it to level 5.

It only took me about 60stamina.

Tidd

Meh the yellow turtle times this week are so ill-timed. I want to farm Kalifa and Paulie (+Blamenco books), but I also have to level up my PSY team.

And you don't need to farm red marines to lower his cool down! I did 2 runs and both times my Blamenco (CD of 20) reached 0 when I arrived at Kalifa.

chrono01

Yep same.

How would a hybrid Blameco x Monster Chopper team do?
Not sure. I tried a hybrid G3/Blamenco team and it seemed to work well. Or, at least, it WOULD have, had I attacked the adds on the final phase and not Kalifa herself. :/ I'd imagine MC/Blamenco should be close to the same.

I'm tempted to just do a MC/MC team too, but he's only Level 28. :/

Tidd

Not sure. I tried a hybrid G3/Blamenco team and it seemed to work well. Or, at least, it WOULD have, had I attacked the adds on the final phase and not Kalifa herself. :/ I'd imagine MC/Blamenco should be close to the same.

I'm tempted to just do a MC/MC team too, but he's only Level 28. :/

Did a test run with MC/Blamenco and it was ok. Kalifa was down before she could attack. You could also heal a little bit (~350HP).

MC/MC is OP for this, even if your MC is only level 28. For example I used linkent's MC and his is only level 18 and still wrecked everything.

chrono01

Did a test run with MC/Blamenco and it was ok. Kalifa was down before she could attack. You could also heal a little bit (~350HP).

MC/MC is OP for this, even if your MC is only level 28. For example I used linkent's MC and his is only level 18 and still wrecked everything.
Thanks. I'll try dual MC out tomorrow then. I'll probably need to stall for a few turns, though, thanks to no skilled-up red marine. :(

Okay I cleared Kalifa!

With proper stalling it's quite easy to get Blameco fully charged before reaching her.

/edit

p.s. is Paulie the best f2p striker captain for a while? 2x attack isn't great, but I can't recall any other decent striker captains.

linkent

Be careful stalling with dual MC. You have very low health.
Really scary that every turn there are mob with the skull icon.
I was scared to use that MC, then i saw korial lvl 90 MC, just YOLO it and clear with ease.

RalchAC

Ok, so I decided to give a try to Monster Chopper. My team was:

Monster Chopper (FC) / 2nd Gear Luffy (C)
Arlong / Alvida
Morgan / Unevo MC

I wouldn't use 2x MC because the damage calculator says I'd have like 2k HP. My current setup had 5k. Zero Recovery. I didn't got hit until the last stage, saved my Alvida special for 10/10 and stalled some food orbs since those turn to STR orbs when Khaliffa uses her special. I used Korial's and it dealt like 350k damage to Khalifa too O.O

I'm a believer now.

Majukun

my team

blamenco x2
alvida
arlong
bepo
g3 luffy

dat moment when you use Khalifa special against herself

for. anyone that can put this on the battlefield, the elite stage it's really not that difficult if you have decently leveled up units

Majukun

Ok, so I decided to give a try to Monster Chopper. My team was:

Monster Chopper (FC) / 2nd Gear Luffy (C)
Arlong / Alvida
Morgan / Unevo MC

I wouldn't use 2x MC because the damage calculator says I'd have like 2k HP. My current setup had 5k. Zero Recovery. I didn't got hit until the last stage, saved my Alvida special for 10/10 and stalled some food orbs since those turn to STR orbs when Khaliffa uses her special. I used Korial's and it dealt like 350k damage to Khalifa too O.O

I'm a believer now.
who is Korial?

Clogger with dat unevolved MC. D:

Haha, gotta farm a red pirate penguin.

Also, I mentioned it before and havent checked lately, but Morgan's HP has been bugged on the damage calculator. It adds only a tiny amount of HP when you add him to a team. So a MC team with him on it shouldn't be quite as bad as it looks.

cw_sasuke

Need more Gems, only like 10 pulls or so

I really want Rayleigh
KuGsj.gif

10 pulls is quite a lot :eek: At least for me !!

Goof luck on getting him...at this point im happy if i ever get a 6* heh.

Haha, gotta farm a red pirate penguin.

Also, I mentioned it before and havent checked lately, but Morgan's HP has been bugged on the damage calculator. It adds only a tiny amount of HP when you add him to a team. So a MC team with him on it shouldn't be quite as bad as it looks.

Can you clear the stage with unevolved MC ? Still havent evolved mine yet and might give it a shot. Cleared 30 stamina with G3 so far - but maybe it easier with MC.

My strength team is

Gear third luffy lvl 63

Arlong lvl 72

Alvia lvl 36

Whitebeard lvl 37

Blamenco lvl 40

(All evolved)

Just got through current 30 stamina

Can you clear the stage with unevolved MC ? Still havent evolved mine yet and might give it a shot. Cleared 30 stamina with G3 so far - but maybe it easier with MC.

I actually haven't even tried it yet, because I was saving up for a stamina reset for my Turtle time today. I'll try it out once before evolving him though and let you know.

Coldphire

Neo Member
If you have a red marine then give double Monster Chopper a try. You have less then 2,000 health and it is nerve wracking seeing a skull on every stage, but you destroy everything. You have to hold off on the mobs with a greater then 1 turn counter so that you can stall for the marine. Otherwise you can clear every stage in one turn.

The only stage to be wary of is Kalifa as the mini-boss on stage 5 I think. She is tanky enough that you need to target her first. The guards on that stage hit for 1,500 I think because I got hit by one and survived.

Once you get to the final stage activate your Marine's special and clear it easily with all red gems. I did just over 1 million damage on that stage with a level 35 chopper and friend level 40.

StMeph

Ugh. I haven't leveled my Monster Chopper OR Blamenco at all. Is there a reason most people are using MC over G3 (who have both)? Definitely seeing more MCs than G3s on my friends list compared to when Mihawk was the event boss.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Is there a reason most people are using MC over G3 (who have both)?

It's easier, provided you have the Knuckle Ensign with the proper Special level. Just blast through every stage, pop the Ensign's special on Khalifa #2, and win. Unlike G3, a Great or two won't matter.

Majukun

I'm surprised I didn't see more people with a double blamenco team.. it seems to be made for this stage.. you don't fear Khalifa's special and with a single piece of meat you recover more than 4k hp... Basically you can recover from the damage given even by the strongest on 30 stamina with just one piece of meat.
if you want overkill you can add bepo for even more orb control... and Alvida for avoiding huge damage once...

cw_sasuke

I actually haven't even tried it yet, because I was saving up for a stamina reset for my Turtle time today. I'll try it out once before evolving him though and let you know.
Same here... Have to keep stamina for turtle runs but will give it a shot tomorrow.

I'm surprised I didn't see more people with a double blamenco team.. it seems to be made for this stage.. you don't fear Khalifa's special and with a single piece of meat you recover more than 4k hp... Basically you can recover from the damage given even by the strongest on 30 stamina with just one piece of meat.
if you want overkill you can add bepo for even more orb control... and Alvida for avoiding huge damage once...
I think the people who have him also use him, but he is Gacha exclusive so you'll see more Luffys or MCs.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Loving these bonus Yellow Turtle Times. It's real this time - six extra opportunities to farm turtles for 30 minutes each. That's basically three extra weeks' worth of turtles crammed into one week.

It's going to let me evolve Garp, Urogue, and Vivi, and still have some turtles left over to dump into off-color characters I use daily like Arlong.

Re: upcoming Sugofest - I think this is finally the right time for me to spend some $$$ on this game. I haven't intentionally avoided it up to now - just always had enough F2P gems to do a reasonable number of pulls. But now I'm finally out of gems, and really want Rayleigh, WB, or G3, so now seems like a good time to pay up and pull a lot. Do we know what color should have a rate up during Sugo? Do they go in order?

bzzt

Neo Member
Day 150, no character slot expansion in sight. I'm losing my mind with space management. Bamco, wut r u doin'? Pls, b4 Rayleigh. Pls.

As a Blameco user ... I can't really run any proper teams that don't include Monster Chopper. Outside of the 5 STR units I'm using right now every alternative is just really really bad.

I've considered double blameco with a bad teammate instead of MC (e.g. level 26 unevolved morgan); but I don't have any people on my friend list with particularly impressive Blameco's either.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Where the hell is Paulie? I haven't even seen him yet, forget getting his drop

Top Bottom