• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

On a related note, "Same Character Bonus" is applied not only when two characters are an exact match or a prior/future evolution, but whenever the two characters are the same person and couldn't be used in the same party. For example, feeding a basic Coby to Petty Officer Coby provides the bonus, since they are both technically Coby. However, this does not work for units that are part of an ambiguous group and lack a proper name, such as a Marine Ensign, who will not get an XP bonus from his previous evolution, the Marine Seaman.

As an addition to this, while the Marines don't get the bonus after evolution, the Baroque Works Millions will get a bonus if you feed an unevolved one to the evolved one, so the unevolved and evolved versions are the same person (which is weird since you fight multiples of them at the same time, but whatevs).

Excited to see how the Duval raid boss turns out. They seem to be using his masked version, I wonder if he'll evolve to the unmasked version (or the unmasked, post-"surgery" version). They might save one of those for story-mode, if Duval's island is included as part of Shabondy.

RalchAC

As an addition to this, while the Marines don't get the bonus after evolution, the Baroque Works Millions will get a bonus if you feed an unevolved one to the evolved one, so the unevolved and evolved versions are the same person (which is weird since you fight multiples of them at the same time, but whatevs).

Excited to see how the Duval raid boss turns out. They seem to be using his masked version, I wonder if he'll evolve to the unmasked version (or the unmasked, post-"surgery" version). They might save one of those for story-mode, if Duval's island is included as part of Shabondy.

It definítely feels weird to see Duval right there, considering most raid bosses are super powerful characters in the series.

I would have never guessed he'd be the next boss. It should be DEX right? And the start of the 3rd Season of raid bosses

RedBoot

It definítely feels weird to see Duval right there, considering most raid bosses are super powerful characters in the series.

I would have never guessed he'd be the next boss. It should be DEX right? And the start of the 3rd Season of raid bosses

Well, Heracles was in there too. They'd run out of characters eventually if it was all the heavyweights. :)

I also have a sneaking suspicion Duval won't be amazing (more like Ivankov or Heracles), assuming he's a DEX unit. The first two DEX raid bosses (Mihawk and Dofy) are both powerful, vital units, so from a balance standpoint it makes sense to give DEX a slightly weaker unit this time around. (On that same line of reasoning, I'd expect STR to get the best unit on this cycle. Maybe Akainu?)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Here is my all-str team right now:

Captain: 5* Blamenco L41
Enraged Arlong L46
Smooth smooth Alvida L43
G3 Luffy L48
Mr 5 L33

Thoughts? How am I looking for kalifa?

RedBoot

Here is my all-str team right now:

Captain: 5* Blamenco L41
Enraged Arlong L46
Smooth smooth Alvida L43
G3 Luffy L48
Mr 5 L33

Thoughts? How am I looking for kalifa?

You're probably fine. Blamenco's recovery boost is probably going to be really helpful here. STR doesn't have a good way to boost HP right now, so we can't cheese this with 40k health totals like with Vista/Garp/Zoro teams.

I imagine it'll be a little easier than the last few islands due to the restriction. That's what I'm hoping anyway, I don't have nearly as good a lineup as you (going to run Gear2/Arlong/Alvida/Morgan with either unevolved Monster Chopper or the STR Marine as the fifth).

Xeroblade

I have my garp maxed but I need a damn lobster to evolve him. I don't think thats going to happen til we get another lobster island.

RedBoot

I have my garp maxed but I need a damn lobster to evolve him. I don't think thats going to happen til we get another lobster island.

There should be a Little Garden stage that has a lobster spawn (I know the final stage has a yellow/purple pair that shows up sometimes, but there should be a yellow + mobs in another stage). I think there's one in Drum, too. Just run those levels on the Drop increase days. Still won't be the best of chances, but it'll be better than waiting for the island to come back. I know I've gotten several purple lobsters from running the Mr. 3 levels in LG.

RalchAC

I'm going to use a team like this.

Blamenco / Gear 2nd Luffy
Arlong / Alvida
Morgan / Unevolved Monster Chopper.

They are all at around level 70 so it should be easy.

RedBoot

Guys pls don't forget the all blue orb change from kalifa. Blamencos cd is 20 but the red marine guy cd is 15.

That's why I'm thinking I'll use Red Marine Guy, since I don't have Blamenco. It's easy to raise his skill level, too.

I'm also a little worried about Monster Chopper lowering RCV, but then it's rarely a good idea to rely on meat showing up. Might not have a choice, though. :p

It's going to be tough not having GP Usopp to fall back on for once.

For once I had a super profitable turtle day. Evolved Tsuru, Garp at 69, leveled a few others... all in all, not bad. It'll be glorious when I get my hands on some yellow turtles later.

well that's the last time I post on the onepiecetc reddit asking for opinions on a group I could build for the upcoming raid boss. Linked my box and got accused of bragging. Also a lot of elitism going on over there.

Wazzy

Banned
well that's the last time I post on the onepiecetc reddit asking for opinions on a group I could build for the upcoming raid boss. Linked my box and got accused of bragging. Also a lot of elitism going on over there.

lmao seriously? Some people take these games WAY too seriously.

lmao seriously? Some people take these games WAY too seriously.

No kidding I was reading the guide they posted for the raid boss and it just seems like unless you have specials maxed you are screwed at trying to farm. Big deal I have every character which are evolved but none are leveled very high and specials are low. So was just asking for some help on what to do

RalchAC

No kidding I was reading the guide they posted for the raid boss and it just seems like unless you have specials maxed you are screwed at trying to farm. Big deal I have every character which are evolved but none are leveled very high and specials are low. So was just asking for some help on what to do

Yeah, I've read some stuff there and I definitely feel the atmosphere is much less relaxed than here. It probably has something to do with the fact that our community is smaller and most have been posting for quite a while.

What's your problem with Zephyr BTW?

Dandte

SOMEONE GET THIS FILTHY CASUAL OUT OF HERE!
AyeAye Captain!
image.php
image.php
shoo_pirates_caribbean.gif

But for reddit. There are pretty much only 2 types of questions and one look at my box statement. I think it's useful for the links and the moderator are giving their best, but (anonymus) reddit is reddit. I prefer gaf since people are forced to behave well.

Dandte

Huh no turtles ,I could swear the calculator told me they'd be at 9 today..

Oh well, woke up early for nothing.

mhm meanwhile i'm sitting since 6:00 on my paper for my exam...wait it's tuesday how on earth is 9:00 early Oo Neoriceisgood is living the good life.
Now btt do you used the right turtle time? when you open the calculator it's alway on the event turtle page not the normal turtle page.

RalchAC

mhm meanwhile i'm sitting since 6:00 on my paper for my exam...wait it's tuesday how on earth is 9:00 early Oo Neoriceisgood is living the good life.
Now btt do you used the right turtle time? when you open the calculator it's alway on the event turtle page not the normal turtle page.

That was my problem yesterday. I used the event calculator and not the normal one.

And I have university classes in the afternoon/evening, so even if I wake up early in the morning because I like it I know quite some people that get up past 11.00

Wazzy

Banned
Anyone wanna barrel break? I'm gold but it's ending soon

AyeAye Captain!

But for reddit. There are pretty much only 2 types of questions and one look at my box statement. I think it's useful for the links and the moderator are giving their best, but (anonymus) reddit is reddit. I prefer gaf since people are forced to behave well.
LOL

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So Khalifa is all str ? Guess it time to dust off G3 Luffy...havent used him since the Mihawk event :eek:

SOMEONE GET THIS FILTHY CASUAL OUT OF HERE!

heh xD
AyeAye Captain!

I dont think they are overly jealous over there - i only remember one period were people were getting kinda grumpy because many people were figuring out how to beat Mihawk and a bunch of people with high lvl G3 Luffys and subs would ask if they could beat him....heh.

Yeah, I've read some stuff there and I definitely feel the atmosphere is much less relaxed than here. It probably has something to do with the fact that our community is smaller and most have been posting for quite a while.

What's your problem with Zephyr BTW?

Well I had horrible time on garp spent a lot of gems and I don't want to waste to much money on zephyer.
I was just worried about my Garp's special level and Mihawk's which is only 5 and the level of my characters.

Here are the teams I am thinking of going with
Garp lv60spl4 / v2 Coby lv85 splmax / Marco lv62 / GP Usopp lvmax spl2 / Mr.2 lv57 splmax / Impact Usopp lv 31 spl 3 / Mihawk lv70 spl5 / Urogue 29 unevolved spl1

Double Garp, v2 Coby, Marco, Mr. 2, GP Usopp
Double Garp, v2 Coby, Marco, Mr.2, Impact Usopp
Double Garp, v2 Coby, Marco, Mihawk, GP Usopp

What do you think of g3 lv89 / wb 44 / arlong 71 / alvidia 70 / Morgan 59 for the event island tomorrow?
Double Garp, v2 Coby, Urogue, Mr. 2, GP Usopp,

I know I need Garp friends who have high special level or max. My ID is 455,442,731

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have Garp at level 90 and Marco at 75. After the 3 yellow turtle events, I should have them both at MAX and maybe even Coby or AaaAAAaaaAaH Usopp MAX'd too.

Also if I posted my box, it'd be at high risk of getting ganked. I have an awesome stable of characters and a ton of MAX characters at this point.

Also, for people complaining about lack of time, I only really play on turtle time days and over the weekend for $$$. As long as you make turtle time and focus on maxing 1 character at a time, you can make a lot of progress. However, I am like pirate lvl. 155 so I nearly have 100 Stam, so I get a lot more value out of my runs / gems,

RalchAC

what0s the best place where to farm baby turtles?

There are some pretty good spots at Orange Town and Morgan's Base. Look at the stages in the blog. For Morgan's a level that costs 5 stamina gives you an almost guaranteed baby red turtle if you go with 2x Drop

Majukun

There are some pretty good spots at Orange Town and Morgan's Base. Look at the stages in the blog. For Morgan's a level that costs 5 stamina gives you an almost guaranteed baby red turtle if you go with 2x Drop

last time i checked didn't find anything on the blog..can you just tell me what level on morgan and orange town are you talking about?

Qmzn

Neo Member

Oh, that is weird. Figures there would be exceptions. They've released so many versions of the Straw Hats in Japan, which has me wondering if they are all actually coded for XP bonuses, such as when feeding Log Luffy to Kid Luffy.

I wish there was a site that had a version changelog and covered some of this minutiae. It'd be tough, though, because there seems to be a modular framework in place that allows small changes to be pushed at startup without a major revision, such as adding new units or evolutions, provided there's already a spot reserved for them in the character log. Biker Smoker and Marine Django were available at least a day before their fortnight appearance, Killer's skill description was changed, et cetera.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI you can farm Red Marine on Shell Town 6 today super easily. Using like ~30 Stam I was able to get his Special down to lvl 6/10-turn CD. Will be a life-saver for Khalifa if you're like me and don't have Blamenco.

Ugh I'm so pissed off.

I messed up on every SINGLE round of a Tsuru run, I've never made that many mistakes.

Then as I died, I accidentally gemmed.

I don't get what's wrong with me, how on earth did I make like 15 mistakes in a row uuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Tidd

It's easy to stall for 20turns even with Monster Chopper as a Captain.

From the first run it looks like you won't get Jozu or Blamenco books frequently :(

GUYS GUYS GUYS! THE TWITTER ACCOUNT JUST POSTED THAT RAYLEIGH IS COMING! WOOOO!

As much as I want him, I think I'm going to be even more bummed if Chrono doesn't manage to pull him.

chrono01

GUYS GUYS GUYS! THE TWITTER ACCOUNT JUST POSTED THAT RAYLEIGH IS COMING! WOOOO!

As much as I want him, I think I'm going to be even more bummed if Chrono doesn't manage to pull him.
Rayleigh finally! \o/

Just a chance to grab him, makes me happy. BTW, with Kalifa, definitely take of the adds before her. I thought everything was going okay until each of them locked my entire team for four turns. :/

chrono01

Oh, legit concern. I'm not even sure l much in this next Sugofest, not with such limited space. I might have to get rid of all of my evolving material, aside from the lobsters. :/

Rayleigh finally! \o/

Just a chance to grab him, makes me happy. BTW, with Kalifa, definitely take of the adds before her. I thought everything was going okay until each of them locked my entire team for four turns. :/

Ya a chance is nice I see myself spending some money to get him though.

Btw on my rasberry pi browsing neogaf you filthy casuals!

RedBoot

Hmm, too early to tell if I'll be able to handle Kalifa 30stam, I can't hit perfects consistently enough with my STR team yet. I was already used to Alvida and Gear 3's timings, and the Marine and Gear 2 were easy enough, but Morgan's timing is tricky, and I still can't hit Arlong's consistently, and I've been using him off and on since the game came out. That's what I get for using PSY and INT teams almost exclusively for the last few months. I'll stick to 15stam while I practice.

Already came across Paulie twice in four runs. I hope he stays that common, I'd like to boost his special as much as possible.

Top Bottom