• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Well, 7 Mihawk's down. Combined 5 so far and got.... One special level up. Oh well, I'm sure it'll get better. Hopefully.

I would have made more runs tonight, but I actually ran out of G3 friends. Come on guys, get on the ball! I know not all of you are running him with MC and you're sure not running Blamenco!

I had 158 leftover cola after the coffin ship, decided to see how far I can go on the Navy Ship and:

9CwlZSB.jpg

Only failed twice and I have 12 cola left so not enough for another try. Makes sense for Usopp to be afraid of going around the Navy Ship too often.

chrono01

I haven't started farming Mihawk yet, but I will soon! Best of luck to everyone on their skill-up's!

Oh, and congrats on that insane luck, diablos991. Seriously, nicely done.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Alright, I'm done. 10 Mihawks and 0 skill ups; don't have much incentive to keep going at this rate.

I fused 10 and got 5 skills ups, keep with it.

edit: I can't believe how much easier Mihawk is from the last time. I think i was running g3/g2 with a low level arlong last event. Now i the only way I can fail is if i don't stall for usopp

RedBoot

Five Mihawks fused, two skill ups. Good start. I've only got 75 stamina, so I'm alternating the 30 and 40 stamina levels, but so far I'm getting good luck on 30 stamina drops (in fact, it took me a few tries to get my 40 stam strategy down, so most of my drops have been from 30 stam). It also lets me alternate between using G3 and Mihawk friends, so I get more attempts.

I found a variation on the double Mihawk strategy that I'm finding to be more consistent, but the units needed are a little unusual. Here's my units and levels (if you've got higher levels, all the better):

Friend Mihawk (usually above level 40)
Evolved Mihawk lv.33 (captain)
Evolved Arlong lv. 43
Evolved Morgan lv. 36
GH Usopp lv. Max (1 skill up, probably unnecessary)
Pistol Ensign lv.24, Skill level 3 (lower cool down is even better, probably needs to be at least this low)

My issues with the Gaimon lineup was that if either Mihawk or Arlong hit too many weak orbs, I simply couldn't do the damage needed to win. That has a lot to do with my lower levels, but I feel like it'd be a problem regardless. This lineup gives me four potential attackers who all have the double striker boost, if any have a weak orb, I just use them earlier.

The Pistol Ensign's attack is still low enough that he doesn't kill the Penguin, even with a matching orb (thank Enel for that penguin's defense). And his healing skill easily keeps me above 4000 to survive Mihawk's pre-emptive attack. His level probably needs to be around 20-24, though he's only doing 6 to the penguin so he could probably be stronger. The skill level's important though, I can use the skill three times during the fight.

If your Arlong, Mihawks, and Alvidas are high level enough, this strategy is probably unnecessary, but it's clearing the level easily for me.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Hey, did some test runs, and here's a more comprehensive guide for anyone who's going to use the Mihawk, Mihawk, Gaimon, Arlong, Alvida, Usopp strategy:

• Stage 1:
  • Only kill a Marine if it has 1 AT, to stall as many rounds as possible.

• Stage 2:
  • Pick at the turtles with misses, stall as many rounds as possible.
  • If any meat orbs show up on your characters, you can optionally hold them for Stage 3.

• Stage 3:
  • Carefully kill the DEX Marine, without touching the penguin. If you held any meat from Stage 2, you can carefully eat it while killing the Marine.
  • Attack the penguin repeatedly with Gaimon. When Alvida's special is ready, use it before the penguin's next attack, to reduce the damage received. Use Usopp's special as soon as it is available.
  • Continue to attack the penguin with Gaimon. Watch the special counter on both your Mihawks. If you have reduced cooldown on Alvida or Usopp's special, and it rolls around again, and the cooldown is equal to the number of turns left on your Mihawks, you can use Alvida/Usopp again to conserve additional HP. Otherwise, do not use them again, reserve them for the boss.
  • While attacking with Gaimon, if a meat orb appears on him, you can quickly chain from Gaimon to Usopp to eat the meat. This can only be done a few times, especially if Usopp has a matching PSY orb.
  • When your Mihawk specials are 3 rounds from activation, use Gaimon. Position your crew so that you can chain quickly from Usopp to Mihawk to a STR unit (either Alvida or Arlong) to Gaimon. The STR unit will kill the penguin and all meat will be consumed.

• Stage 4:
  • Attack the Elder Seahorse with Gaimon, letting his 6 hits play out to a MISS, then chain through the rest of your team in the same manner, until the stage is cleared.
  • Important: If you do not have a MAXed Going Merry, or just want the biggest safety net, you will need 6000 HP going into the next stage. Otherwise, you will be relying far more on orb luck and the strength of your Arlong and Mihawks.

• Stage 5:
  • Mihawk will strike with his pre-emptive attack, dealing 4000 damage.
  • Activate both Mihawk specials. Use Arlong's special.
  • Activate Alvida. If your Arlong has a matching orb, chain from Gaimon to Alvida to Mihawk to Mihawk to Usopp. Otherwise, chain from Gaimon to Usopp to Alvida to Mihawk to Mihawk to Arlong. You must not take Mihawk below 20% health.
  • Mihawk will attack, dealing 1999 damage.
  • Activate Usopp. Chain from Gaimon to Usopp to Alvida to Mihawk to Mihawk to Arlong, until Mihawk is (hopefully) defeated.

• Recommended Substitutions (thanks to RedBoot for the suggestion):
  • If you have an Evolved Morgan at a decent level, he can be subbed in for Alvida. You will lose an additional turn against Mihawk, while gaining a STR damage dealer. In most cases, this makes runs a little safer, providing two chances for a matching STR orb instead of one.
  • If you have a Pistol Ensign at Special Lv. 3 or higher, you can substitute him for Gaimon. His attack is low enough that he will not kill the stage 3 penguin before Mihawk's special is ready, and repetitive use of his heal skill provides just as much HP as Gaimon's skill does at the end of the stage.

I found a variation on the double Mihawk strategy that I'm finding to be more consistent, but the units needed are a little unusual. Here's my units and levels (if you've got higher levels, all the better):

This is really nice, I'm gonna give it a try.

chrono01

2665 away from a rank up and 12 stamina. I think I'm going to wait until I reach 40 again and rank up before I start the farming. I'd hate to gem now and waste a run since I'd immediately rank up. :/

RedBoot

This is really nice, I'm gonna give it a try.

There might be even more ways to make it work, I know the Reddit post about double Mihawk has a lineup using Tsuru to heal, but mine isn't even evolved so I came up with this after thinking about it. The Pistol Ensign allows you to get your stall attacker and healer all in one, instead of spreading it between Gaimon and another unit, which allows for the backup attacker in Morgan.

2665 away from a rank up and 12 stamina. I think I'm going to wait until I reach 40 again and rank up before I start the farming. I'd hate to gem now and waste a run since I'd immediately rank up. :/

Why not wait for 30 stam and level with Kalifa? (or 15 and level with 3 pig island runs - 900 exp each - but waste of keys/pigs with our box space issues IMO).

chrono01

Why not wait for 30 stam and level with Kalifa? (or 15 and level with 3 pig island runs - 900 exp each - but waste of keys/pigs with our box space issues IMO).
I could do that. Actually, I might do that. We'll see how patient I am!

I'd rather use the stamina for another Mihawk though, since I don't really need anything from Kalifa's island. As for the pigs, that's a definite no-go. I'm already at maximum space, haha.

Qmzn

Neo Member
There might be even more ways to make it work, I know the Reddit post about double Mihawk has a lineup using Tsuru to heal, but mine isn't even evolved so I came up with this after thinking about it. The Pistol Ensign allows you to get your stall attacker and healer all in one, instead of spreading it between Gaimon and another unit, which allows for the backup attacker in Morgan.

I just tried it. I have MAX Special Pistol Ensign, and it works as good or better than bringing Alvida and Gaimon. I do have MAX Merry, though. My friend's Merry is Lv.9, and she's running Alvida/Gaimon right now and doing okay, so I doubt I'll be able to get her to run any tests until her Mihawk skill is maxed.

Looking at the damage calculator, it's a sliding scale. If your Arlong is near MAX level, getting an extra turn with Alvida and not missing his perfect will probably provide more damage, while Morgan/Arlong gives twice the chance for a matching STR orb boost. If you have MAX Merry, I'd say it's a no-brainer, subbing Morgan out for Alvida. It'll speed up the runs, and better the odds.

Having used both, I think I prefer Morgan/Arlong, spreading my damage output over two characters, instead of one. In either team, Pistol Ensign is a great sub for Gaimon. Nice find. Going to edit my original post to reflect the alternative.

EDIT: For those of you using 2x Monster Chopper, Arlong, Mihawk, Usopp, V2 Coby (or some other sub), I have a tip that's saved me a lot of stress--start your chain with Mihawk. I was dropping chain a lot with Mihawk mid-chain, but starting with Mihawk gets me more consistent results, with a negligible reduction in damage.

About 18 penguin farming attempts today- I have about 5 units (edit: Just checked... 6) that needed a rainbow penguin. Have had 0 gems due to the Sugofest.

Got one on my second to last try. It's like it knew I had just opened NeoGAF to vent. I fear the game is becoming sentient.

Still though, 0/18 kind of sucks. 1/19 isn't all that much better. But it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Got one on my second to last try. It's like it knew I had just opened NeoGAF to vent. I fear the game is becoming sentient.

One Piece: Treasure Cruise begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 10:54 Eastern Time, July 16th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Coby fights back.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh...for some reason i thought Mihawk would be tomorrow. Hope i can get a couple runs in.

Ferga

I think I might need to start to just get rid of my Robin and V2 Nami books.

It's been 3 sugos and I still haven't gotten either of them. I need room to actually hold onto Lucci and Kaku.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Managed to botch Mihawk twice with my vivi/laboon team, wasting 80 stamina -_-

First time I missed the seahorse and it randomly locked vivi. Second time I did my math wrong and vivi was healing for just under 50%, instead of just over.

chrono01

I think I might need to start to just get rid of my Robin and V2 Nami books.

It's been 3 sugos and I still haven't gotten either of them. I need room to actually hold onto Lucci and Kaku.
The moment you do that is the moment you pull them. You know this to be true.

I'd wait until next Tuesday, if you can, for when we [hopefully] receive 2.2 and a member box increase. I have a bunch of Robin/Impact Usopp/Jozu/etc. skillbooks that I'm holding onto. They're important abilities, and you never know when you'll pull them.

Ideally, I was hoping to pull Robin/Impact Usopp during this last Sugofest, but that didn't work out. :/

Majukun

wow. mihawk is so easy now.. when I come back home is farming time.
I already have him at Lv 4 skill.. What's the max? 15?how many do you think I'll need? 50?

Wazzy

Banned
Elder Seahorses drop all the time from this event. I already have enough to evolve important units though it's going to cause box problems if I keep more.
17 cooldown, which means 15 special level ups to MAX, technically Lv.16.
Cool thanks!

I'm currently at level 4 skill for him.

Majukun

someone should try if there's any difference in giving the skillbooks one at the time or 5 at the time... it Sure seems like a lottery.. sometimes you get nothing even with 5..sometimes you get +4 skills, but always for skills you don't care about... it almost seems like some skills are harder to level up than others
but if they are all the same, my guess is that there's usually a 10% chance, that doubles. to. 20% per skillbooks during the event..

Dandte

someone should try if there's any difference in giving the skillbooks one at the time or 5 at the time... it Sure seems like a lottery.. sometimes you get nothing even with 5..sometimes you get +4 skills, but always for skills you don't care about... it almost seems like some skills are harder to level up than others
but if they are all the same, my guess is that there's usually a 10% chance, that doubles. to. 20% per skillbooks during the event..
Iirc gamewith mentioned the highest rate was at 3 at one time... But my memories are foggy.

Kumo

For me, it seems like the skills that require fewer skill ups to max are harder to level up, but maybe I'm just unlucky.

chrono01

So what are the best subs for a gear 3rd mihawk team?

Last time I vivi'd him.
Basically any strong STR users. For utility, take GP Usopp and Alvida. Tank the first hit from Mihawk using Alvida's special ability and then use GP Usopp's ability. It'll give you four turns to defeat Mihawk, which is more than enough (unless you make a mistake with the Perfects).

8 more stamina until I hit 40, rank up, and can begin the Mihawk farming.

Kumo

So what are the best subs for a gear 3rd mihawk team?

Last time I vivi'd him.

GP Usopp, Alvida, Arlong (decently leveled preferably), and you're pretty much set. You can also try subbing Jozu if you feel like you could use an extra turn in case you screw up too much.

GP Usopp, Alvida, Arlong (decently leveled preferably), and you're pretty much set. You can also try subbing Jozu if you feel like you could use an extra turn in case you screw up too much.

I don't have jozu, so the choice is probably between a character that allows for easy perfects (smoker) or someone who does a lot of damage.

But considering gear 3rd relies on the final few hits, easy perfect sounds a better choice.

On that note, I really need to practice my perfects with arlong on zero stamina, I'm really not relaible with him yet.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Iirc gamewith mentioned the highest rate was at 3 at one time... But my memories are foggy.

Gamewith's numbers are here. They suggest a base 15% chance, with 30% chance during skill x2.

I'd pay attention to the second column, which is the total number of books consumed. You can see that with 500 total books consumed at the normal odds, the number is very close to 15%, while 255 books at rate x2 odds are almost exactly at 30%.

They highlight the best results in red, which occurred at 2-3 books at a time, but they used under 100 books to get those numbers. I'd trust the larger book sample size, if anything.

Majukun

This; ca sub Alvida for anything stronger if you can equally hit Perfects on it.
don't know if there's anything stronger... also the plus of that team is that they all have the same kinda timing... especially usopp sanji and Alvida, so it's easier to activate the boost

don't know if there's anything stronger... also the plus of that team is that they all have the same kinda timing... especially usopp sanji and Alvida, so it's easier to activate the boost

I saw someone mention Sanji's not necessary as long as you attack the seahorse with someone with six hits?

Is that not true?

chrono01

I saw someone mention Sanji's not necessary as long as you attack the seahorse with someone with six hits?

Is that not true?
It's true. I can beat Stage 4/5 using just my six members and their full attacks [G3 Luffy x2, Arlong, Coby V2, Alvida, GP Usopp]. I target the Elder Seahorse first with Coby V2. and then attack normally with the other five members. Just be careful not to hit "Good/Great" and cut the attack short. To be safe, don't aim for Perfect and just let their attack animation complete.

It's true. I can beat Stage 4/5 using just my six members and their full attacks [G3 Luffy x2, Arlong, Coby V2, Alvida, GP Usopp]. I target the Elder Seahorse first with Coby V2. and then attack normally with the other five members.

Oh you use Coby for his orb boosting? What if you get bad orbs?

Ferga

12 Mihawks, 5 gems, 0 skill ups.

No success during sugo, no success during Mihawk.

I don't know... I feel like I'm about to quit global to focus on Japan. This account is cursed or something.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
MC and Morgan, but yeah her Perfect is too easy.

Is that not true?
Sanji is only there to save your nice Red orbs; not necessary.

chrono01

Oh you use Coby for his orb boosting? What if you get bad orbs?
I do. Honestly, all I need is Arlong/G3 Luffy/G3 Luffy to ensure victory, unless I mess up. Coby V2's ability is just a bonus should I get lucky, and I have four turns on Mihawk [with Alvida/GP Usopp's special ability] to get something good. It hasn't been a problem for me yet, and he's easy enough to hit Perfect on leading up to Arlong/G3 Luffy.

chrono01

Yeah I only hit perfects on arlong like 25% of the time.

If I have to rely on his perfects this isn't gonna work.
Start with GP Usopp/Alvida/Another third member who you can reliably hit Perfect on, and finish with Arlong/G3 Luffy. Even with less than ideal orbs, the Captain Ability for G3 will still take a nice chunk out of Mihawk's life, and you have more than enough turns as a "buffer" should you need it.

Dandte

12 Mihawks, 5 gems, 0 skill ups.

No success during sugo, no success during Mihawk.

I don't know... I feel like I'm about to quit global to focus on Japan. This account is cursed or something.

21 hawks two ups. I know that feel. At this rate i will only need 143 more mihawks...

Start with GP Usopp/Alvida/Another third member who you can reliably hit Perfect on, and finish with Arlong/G3 Luffy. Even with less than ideal orbs, the Captain Ability for G3 will still take a nice chunk out of Mihawk's life, and you have more than enough turns as a "buffer" should you need it.

Oh okay, I can hit perfects reliably with everyone but Arlong, so only my "finisher" would be kinda bleh.

I'll see how good my perfects are with Coby, he does sound useful.

chrono01

21 hawks two ups. I know that feel. At this rate i will only need 143 more mihawks...
You guys are really starting to worry me. 6 more stamina until I can join the "fun". :/

Oh okay, I can hit perfects reliably with everyone but Arlong, so only my "finisher" would be kinda bleh.

I'll see how good my perfects are with Coby, he does sound useful.
Yeah, with Coby V2, if you can manage a red orb on G3 Luffy/Arlong, boost it, and complete your Perfect chain with the boosted orb as a finisher, it should nearly kill Mihawk in a single turn. Actually, I accomplished that earlier tonight. I think it was something like 1.4 million in a single chain of attacks. There might have been a second red boosted orb in there too, I can't remember.

Top Bottom