• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

I'm currently at 25 Mihawks combined with 7 special level ups. Right around 28%, which seems to be about right. So probably about 30 more if I'm lucky. Shew, glad it's slow again today at work.

bzzt

Neo Member
Woohoo! Maxed Mihawk finally. Took 19 gems. Failed trice due to pure stupidity. Forgot to Ussop twice, and went in with the wrong team once. Had over 90 stamina so I decided to farm Broggy between gems. Went with a Mihawk team for brainless farming, and my brainlessness went on auto pilot and attacked Mihawk with Mihawk/G3. That one felt extra bad. Got 14 sp level ups in 45 Mihawk sacrifices, though. Only once did no level ups happen, but got a triple level up twice. Basically 1/3 of my Mihawks granted special level ups, which is perfectly fine by me.

Majukun

had 22 gems..now i have 9
had a lv 4 spcial mihawk,now he is lv 13

maybe later I'll try for the last 2/3 level ups..
I'm a bit nervous because i wasted a good amounts of runs with my shitty tablet freezing and blowing the entire run up several times...

well it's not like i would get anything good by trying rare pulls,so it's a good investment i guess

Dawg

Could someone with a high level Vivi use her as captain for a moment? Just got home.

Also, can I beat 40 stam Mihawk with Laboon/Vivi team at 4000 hp?

RedBoot

Looks like Syrup Village missions get you Kuro's Ship, which boosts QUI units. Might be useful, once we get it months from now.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Got my Mihawk. I can't farm him since I have to Vivi/Laboon, but I'm just happy to have him at all. :)

All I need now is G3, and I feel like I'll have caught up with where you all are when I started.

I actually really appreciate/respect how balanced OPTC is in that regard. I started ~6 weeks after launch and I've felt behind, ever since. But it never felt impossible or like I didn't have any options. I've been able to get every Fortnite unit and every raid boss since I started, for example.

And while it's true I have a lvl 20 unevolved Mihawk and you all have (or nearly have) MAX level MAX skill Mihawks, even that will level off over time. When he comes back the third time, for example, newer players like me will be able to catch up even farther.

What could cause trouble for a catching-up player like me would be if raid bosses drop that require a near-MAX skill Mihawk before he returns for the third time.

Edit: Kuro's ship will make Jozu/Jozu teams absolutely beastly.

Got my Mihawk. I can't farm him since I have to Vivi/Laboon, but I'm just happy to have him at all. :)

All I need now is G3, and I feel like I'll have caught up with where you all are when I started.

I actually really appreciate/respect how balanced OPTC is in that regard. I started ~6 weeks after launch and I've felt behind, ever since. But it never felt impossible or like I didn't have any options. I've been able to get every Fortnite unit and every raid boss since I started, for example.

And while it's true I have a lvl 20 unevolved Mihawk and you all have (or nearly have) MAX level MAX skill Mihawks, even that will level off over time. When he comes back the third time, for example, newer players like me will be able to catch up even farther.

What could cause trouble for a catching-up player like me would be if raid bosses drop that require a near-MAX skill Mihawk before he returns for the third time.

Edit: Kuro's ship will make Jozu/Jozu teams absolutely beastly.

Congrats man! And yeah, I feel like the game is pretty balanced for newer players. They knew what they were doing by adding Laboon/Lion Song Zoro teams. Unfortunately, there will be some raid bosses coming up that will shut those strategies down, but I still think you'll be okay.

Kumo

Could someone with a high level Vivi use her as captain for a moment? Just got home.

Also, can I beat 40 stam Mihawk with Laboon/Vivi team at 4000 hp?

It depends on the team composition. Just make sure vivi can heal over half your total hp (including ship and vivi herself) and never let more than one mob attack you in a single turn. On the seahorse stage, don't forget to attack the seahorse with someone who has at least a 6 atk combo. Safest way to clear this stage is to purposely miss while continuing the chain. Once you reach mihawk, you won.

RedBoot

Yeah, there's basically two parts to every raid boss: the time you get them, and the time you get them 50 times. You likely won't be doing both on the same day.

I bought gems for Mihawk's return today, but I think with proper planning, it'd be easy to max him out after three appearances or so without paying anything.

Mihawk skill maxed! Here are my stats from the runs:

Gems Used: 18
Number of Deaths: 5

Skill-Up Distribution:

Mihawks Combined -------- Skill Ups
5 ----------------------------------------- 1
5 ----------------------------------------- 2
5 ----------------------------------------- 0
5 ----------------------------------------- 4
1 ----------------------------------------- 1

Skill Up Success Percentage: 34%

All in all, it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have a G3 myself, so it was a little hard getting used to nailing the perfects every time at the beginning. That's where most of my deaths came from. The rest came from one run with the wrong team (ugh) and one run where I tried to level up on the 30 stamina Mihawk and died instead.

The 30 Stamina run was interesting, since I figured I would just blow through. What ended up happening though is that I found out I couldn't stall out for specials like on 40 stamina, and then also remembered that the mobs on Stage 4 have more HP on 30 stamina (WHY??).

Xeroblade

great one of these some region first games. When trying to find it via my phone it isn't available, when clicking install on my pc i can install it to my phone directly...wth. allways wanted to play the jap version...yay new gatcha game :D

Came here to see if any one was talkign about this. This is the one they collaborated with on the Japanese version of TC?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
hUw2SUa.jpg

I was averaging 1 skill up every 5, but thankfully my Mihawk was already at level 6 and the last 4 or so gave me 2 skill ups a piece. I also evolved and leveled Apoo and Law while I was at it. Kind of proud of myself, lol.

Tidd

DONE! Mihawk is maxed!!!
At least skill wise. Used 21 gems and got 55 Mihawks. This makes a skill up success rate of 27,27%. (so the 30% rate is pretty accurate)

I guess I wasted stamina for 5 fights (200 stamina, that's 33 hours lol)
  • Two tries I used my Kalifa MC team
  • one try I attacked instead of using Ussop skill
  • the rest I couldn't hit perfects <.<
Plus thanks to all the turtles I leveled up my DEX team for Lucci to a decent level and evolved Paulie and Apoo.

Oh and Ussop was thirsty and drunk 20 cola for the last Coffin Ship upgrade. Feels really great to waste so much cola ._.

chrono01

Feels bad. Ten Mihawk, one skill up. :/

I'm down to 49 gems and his skill level is 9. I really hope I can make it at this rate. I'm 700XP away from ranking up, so I need to wait until I replenish 4 stamina before I can rank up and continue trying.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Feels bad. Ten Mihawk, one skill up. :/

I'm down to 49 gems and his skill level is 9. I really hope I can make it at this rate. I'm 700XP away from ranking up, so I need to wait until I replenish 4 stamina before I can rank up and continue trying.

Depending on how much stam you have, you can try one of the fortnight/dragon islands to get that extra 700.

If not, bah! Use the gem, then get 3 Mihawks in a row. I quite literally wasted 20 stam 90% of my runs for the sake of SPEED.

chrono01

Depending on how much stam you have, you can try one of the fortnight/dragon islands to get that extra 700.

If not, bah! Use the gem, then get 3 Mihawks in a row. I quite literally wasted 20 stam 90% of my runs for the sake of SPEED.
Twin Cape is 1/2 stamina today, and Stage 9 gives me just a little over what I need. It's only an extra 25 minutes or so, and I'm so close. I'll wait it out.

After this, though, I won't bother waiting and just go all out.

Dawg

Well, my Vivi/Laboon team works, guys... thanks...

...It takes me like 10 minutes to get this fucker to drop 10% of his HP.

RedBoot

Yeah, apparently it needs to be his un-evolved form, so you'll need to grab an extra. At least you have enough time left in the event to naturally replenish enough stamina to run it one more time!

I believe a friend's Mihawk will also work (according to the internet), but obviously having your own is better since you don't have to depend on whether someone has an unevolved Mihawk up or not.

Either way, maxing out Mihawk's special should take precedence. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
OPTC the last weeks has been quite frustrating for me. DIdnt even wanna max skill Mihawk today....but i would regret it the next day if hadnt tried it at least. Now im one skill up away from max...will try a couple runs later and hope to finish him.

Dandte

OPTC the last weeks has been quite frustrating for me. DIdnt even wanna max skill Mihawk today....but i would regret it the next day if hadnt tried it at least. Now im one skill up away from max...will try a couple runs later and hope to finish him.

still need 7 skillups....and i have only 9 gems left :s

chrono01

Either way, maxing out Mihawk's special should take precedence. :)
Oh, most definitely! I'm not stopping until I hit max skill. It's going to cost me a lot of gems, knowing my current luck...

One skill up away? You can do it!

still need 7 skillups....and i have only 9 gems left :s
Believe in the God Usopp.

BTW, Mihawk's max skill is 15...right? If so I'm nearly there [ugh, "nearly"]. Sitting at 9. :/

Dandte

crap got him down to lvl 15 18 turns :/ what am i doing now? farming another 5 mihawks hoping to get a up or kepping my last 3 fruits?

Top Bottom