• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Do any of the lower stamina Lucci maps drop blue hermit crabs by the way?

/edit

I still hate that the next island is INT only and my only int cap is buggy ... -_______-

Majukun

damn i NEVER got a stamina refill from the snails ..not even once...this game hates me

also.shouldn't i be able to find lulu too in the lucci stage?

this guy

Lulu_Fighting.png

it didn't appear once

I still hate that the next island is INT only and my only int cap is buggy ... -_______-
Time to farm for Croc!

this guy

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130224150248/onepiece/images/a/a6/Lulu_Fighting.png[IMG]

it didn't appear once[/QUOTE]
I finally got him to show up in a run just now. He's there, but it seems like his encounter is far more rare than Kaku's (who I've had show up multiple times).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My INT Team is going to be disgusting.

MAX Rayleigh
MAX Skill / Lvl. Towel Nami
MAX Vista
MAX Robin
60 Mr. 3 just in case

I also have:

Croc, Drake, Basil Hawkins, Krieg, and a few others as Mr. 3 subs.

StMeph

My INT Team is going to be disgusting.

MAX Rayleigh
MAX Skill / Lvl. Towel Nami
MAX Vista
MAX Robin
60 Mr. 3 just in case

I also have:

Croc, Drake, Basil Hawkins, Krieg, and a few others as Mr. 3 subs.

For INT-only teams, wouldn't Drake be stronger than Rayleigh?

Verelios

damn i NEVER got a stamina refill from the snails ..not even once...this game hates me

this guy

Lulu_Fighting.png

it didn't appear once
I got him, though I initially thought he was fodder going by stats. Yet he isn't!

Seems to appear rarely. 3/10 runs Id say where Kaku appears 9/10 usually.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

I got a stamina refill once, but naturally it was when I didn't need it... mostly have just gotten beli from snails really though.

Also, I want to say Lulu has a sub 20% chance of appearing, from my experience of the multiple runs I've done.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

this guy
"never"... To be fair snails have been only out for like we days xD

Kumo

Finally... FINALLY got my maxed merry!! I lost count of how many times I failed on the last level. Maybe around 20 times.

Thank you based snails.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I know some people toss their RCV candy on Usopp, Boa, and such, but I'm gonna throw all my RCV candy on Garp and Bonney, max my RCV ability slots in 4.0, and create the ultimate carnivorous crew.

Perfect team for the Ivankov gender-swap fortnight, with vegetarian Luffy boss.

I know some people toss their RCV candy on Usopp, Boa, and such, but I'm gonna throw all my RCV candy on Garp and Bonney, max my RCV ability slots in 4.0, and create the ultimate carnivorous crew.

Perfect team for the Ivankov gender-swap fortnight, with vegetarian Luffy boss.

I've been thinking Usopp, do you mean hammer? If so, I agree.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I've been thinking Usopp, do you mean hammer? If so, I agree.

Yeah, Golden Pound Usopp's a decent enough place for RCV candy, but even a maxed +100 recovery isn't going to make or break a party that uses him.

I wish the devs would throw RCV a bone, perhaps by having the Thousand Sunny be 1.5x ATK and RCV. That might open the door so we could start using RCV x2 captains in raid scenarios. I think Bonney was a good idea, but she's considered garbage because there aren't enough other units or mechanics that stack. That, and healing is mostly pointless when getting one-shotted by a raid boss in desperation mode.

I think RCV candy and RCV boosting captains would also see more play if there was a way to use it to boost damage, instead of just pure healing. It would certainly fit with the One Piece mythos. I'd love to see a version of Luffy that, when attacking with a meat orb, gets 3x orb benefits, or for a more technical approach, a bonus based on his RCV stat.

Luffy, Garp, and other Ds tend to eat a lot, so maybe it'll be what the devs will play with using the rumored 'D' class. Maybe something like:

Hungry Luffy
Captain Skill: Start the adventure with 75% HP. All 'D' units deal 2x damage.
Special: For one round, consuming a RCV orb adds damage to that character's attack, equal to half the amount healed.
or
Special: For one round, add 3 to the combo multiplier for every 2000 HP recovered using RCV orbs.

Then, you'd bring along Bonney and Garp, use specials, and hit "Great" instead of "Perfect" on RCV orbs. Once tweaked, it'd ideally end up as near-G3-level damage, just done in a different way, locked in with certain support units.

Wishful thinking, just like them doing something meaningful with tandems. :p

I've been trying to get a blue hermit crab to drop, cause Kaku's fully leveled and I need to evolve him .. but no luck. :|

I'd like to get it out of the way too, as I'm getting a larger and larger pile of kaku clones in my box.

/edit

yesss got my blue hermit crab, now I can finally stop hoarding Kakus.

chrono01

It's funny, the limited box space has kind of destroyed my excitement to play this game. I still log in and burn my stamina, of course, but sometimes when I log in I notice I'm at full stamina.

I can't farm evolution materials to evolve my units.
I can't farm pigs to level my units.
I can't farm XP materials to level my units.
If I get any useful skillbooks/character drops, I can't save them for a skill-up event so I have to use them right away, which rarely results in a skill-up.

This is pretty much how I envision things at Namco Bandai headquarters.

yhh0TiR.jpg

Kumo

Are there other ways to get cotton candy in the JP version? Feels like it's literally going to take forever to get 200.

cw_sasuke

It's funny, the limited box space has kind of destroyed my excitement to play this game. I still log in and burn my stamina, of course, but sometimes when I log in I notice I'm at full stamina.

I can't farm evolution materials to evolve my units.
I can't farm pigs to level my units.
I can't farm XP materials to level my units.
If I get any useful skillbooks/character drops, I can't save them for a skill-up event so I have to use them right away, which rarely results in a skill-up.

This is pretty much how I envision things at Namco Bandai headquarters.

yhh0TiR.jpg

Completely agree - a couple weeks ago i had enough fun with the game to play two accounts ( main and tablet) nowadays i have a difficult time even playing on my main. Its just not fan constantly having to manage and worry you box space. For the last 2-3 months literally every finished game end with the message that my box is full.

I feel Bamco is trying to somehow prevent Global gamers from gathering too many units and material because we can can better prepare for future content. Preventing people to save up important skill books for Gacha units or Raid Boss drops for skill up events ...all this means less spent gems down the line...which is bad for Bamco, especially considering that we frequently get free gems.

Putting off the box expansion as long as possible is probably the only way they have right now so somehow limit the Global hardcore players.

PS: lol at that comic...so true xD

Yeah, but I play on 2 accounts :p

hehe...had any luck yet ?

Anybody got a cannoneer cabin boy they'd be willing to put up for a bit?

I finally got one.

For anybody interested, I'll leave up my guy for the Alvida mission until tomorrow when I'm online. So if anybody could do the same in return so I could complete it too, that'd be swell.

Hana-Bi

I finally got one.

For anybody interested, I'll leave up my guy for the Alvida mission until tomorrow when I'm online. So if anybody could do the same in return so I could complete it too, that'd be swell.

Are you on the GAF list? I'll leave my guy online.

Ah, found you. Sent you a friend request.

Majukun

Annnnnd welcome me too in the cool kids club!

damn..a couple of days and i'll be the only one still with a lv 9 merry

anyway..every run at the turtle time is 1250 xp ,right?so 7500 for 6 runs?

i have 7450 xp till the next refill,so I'm pondering if leaving it and doing double the turtle time

chrono01

damn..a couple of days and i'll be the only one still with a lv 9 merry

anyway..every run at the turtle time is 1250 xp ,right?so 7500 for 6 runs?

i have 7450 xp till the next refill,so I'm pondering if leaving it and doing double the turtle time
Yes, it's 1250XP per run.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Is Alvidas boat in any situation needed?

I was wondering that, too. Only strategy I could find online was using with Vivi/LS or Vivi/Laboon, although I suppose it would be a decent choice for Vivi/Alvida against Arlong.

It's kind of a crappy ship with niche uses, especially when you compare it to the Navy Ship and its similar buff system. A 10,000 HP striker party with Alvida's ship dies to a 12,000 damage hit, while a 10,000 HP shooter party with the Navy Ship survives.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Aaaaaaand after 100's of colas spent on the last merry upgrade Usopp has finally blessed me. My biggest frustration with the game (apart from box space) is gone.. so happy haha.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Annnnnd welcome me too in the cool kids club!

Aaaaaaand after 100's of colas spent on the last merry upgrade Usopp has finally blessed me. My biggest frustration with the game (apart from box space) is gone.. so happy haha.

Congrats to you both, it's always nice seeing this happen for players! Maxed Merry will help you tons going forward. Hope you get that last level soon too Neorice.

16 Marco books. 14 more to go. I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to get there.

I used 64 books to skill max him outside of the rate up. From my experience it's looking like the book drops at around 25% or so. I always find the SPLV luck to be more of a concern though...!

cw_sasuke

Congrats you guys on maxxing Merry - its a big step and quite the dmg upgrade.

I really like that you now get Cola drops from Fortnight Islands as well - in the past you had to farm Story Islands for Cola now you get them via Event Islands and Snails too...really helps.

Talking about Snails...praying for Stamina refresh during Turtle time....*believe*

cw_sasuke

lol...Bamco bringing back Buggy Fortnight instead of Kuro. They really dont want mew people to max skill their Usopp...

Hana-Bi

Turtle time today will be impossible for me. First turtle time will be now, while I'm still at work and the second turtle time will be at 3 in the morning...

Top Bottom