• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I miss Cotton Candy snails already (after today, right?).

You can farm it on Croc's level, but it is pretty rare.

I did about 80-ish or so runs at Croc throughout the weekend with no drop. But I dropped at least 8 cotton candy there in those runs on Nanohana 15, four of which were ATK candy.

I also got a 2x drop for candy on one run playing Nanohana 14.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm running the last stage in Nanohana for Cotton Candies with leftover stamina.

hbzMlhP.png

My third Croc.

pelicansurf

I'd take cotton candy at this point. He's especially worthless in multiples, but I guess I can have both of his evo's now.

Now I remember why I don't mind forgetting. T time was bad to me. 3 elders and 5 teens the rest were little. :(

I had a pretty decent go today. 12 runs, with 8 Elders and probably ~25 teens. Sorry your runs sucked. =(

Also, I'm almost finished with my Franky guide, so that'll be up hopefully tonight. He's a pretty cool boss, but most people won't have any problem with him because everyone already has high level INT teams.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take cotton candy at this point. He's especially worthless in multiples, but I guess I can have both of his evo's now.

Run Nanohana 14 with your leftover stamina instead. It costs less and right now with the 2x PLV (ending later today) gives roughly 3,000 XP which is an anomaly.

It's just me, but I've already dropped an ATK and RCV candy today there. It's all I'm running at the moment.

chrono01

Playing Namco Bandai's other "gatcha game" [Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle] and then coming back to Treasure Cruise, three things are evident.

1)

The inability to earn XP when completing standard content in Treasure Cruise is limiting, although there is a benefit in that you can use and keep certain characters at a lower level which can sometimes be beneficial [such as Laboon teams].

2)

In Dokkan Battle we get an XP event DAILY! That's right, no more of this "once a week, twice a day" nonsense. Korin's Tower happens every day, so you can easily choose when/how to farm XP training materials.

3)

Most important of all is that Dokkan Battle has a character capacity of 500. That's right, we can currently expand our character box to 500, despite there being nowhere near that number of cards in-game. In comparison, Treasure Cruise has a catalogue of over 300 unique characters [this is including XP/evolution materials], with a box space of 200. This is excusable, and I really wish Namco Bandai would address it. Over the last week it's severely impacted my enjoyment of the game, with lots of my stamina being wasted since I don't even feel like playing since anything I "earn" as a drop will just be immediately fused/sold away anyway. I can't farm anything, nor can I even collect evolution materials to evolve my characters.

Actually, according to Reddit, Namco Bandai did respond to an email. This is what they had to say:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's customer support. We're sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. Unfortunately, this game is developed by our Japanese branch. You will need to contact them for support. Here is the link you can reach them at: http://bnfaq.channel.or.jp/english/ . We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support"

I'm guessing the Japanese branch will give a similar reply, asking you to contact the English branch for information [hence, the circle repeats]. There has to be some reason they're not increasing our member box space. It could very well be what cw_sasuke predicted earlier in that limiting our space also impacts our ability to plan ahead for future content [since we have future knowledge that Japan doesn't have]. But then, why are they not doing the same in Dokkan Battle? Regardless, Namco Bandai are literally destroying any enjoyement I get out of this game and, if it continues, I can see myself taking a permanent break until they give us the space we've deserved for months now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I hate complaining in-general, but I'm just frustrated at the whole situation since I genuinely love Treasure Cruise. I just can't enjoy it like I used to, and Namco Bandai seems content to just cover their ears and pretend everything is okay.

Playing Namco Bandai's other "gatcha game" [Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle] and then coming back to Treasure Cruise, three things are evident.

1)

The inability to earn XP when completing standard content in Treasure Cruise is limiting, although there is a benefit in that you can use and keep certain characters at a lower level which can sometimes be beneficial [such as Laboon teams].

2)

In Dokkan Battle we get an XP event DAILY! That's right, no more of this "once a week, twice a day" nonsense. Korin's Tower happens every day, so you can easily choose when/how to farm XP training materials.

3)

Most important of all is that Dokkan Battle has a character capacity of 500. That's right, we can currently expand our character box to 500, despite there being nowhere near that number of cards in-game. In comparison, Treasure Cruise has a catalogue of over 300 unique characters [this is including XP/evolution materials], with a box space of 200. This is excusable, and I really wish Namco Bandai would address it. Over the last week it's severely impacted my enjoyment of the game, with lots of my stamina being wasted since I don't even feel like playing since anything I "earn" as a drop will just be immediately fused/sold away anyway. I can't farm anything, nor can I even collect evolution materials to evolve my characters.

Actually, according to Reddit, Namco Bandai did respond to an email. This is what they had to say:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's customer support. We're sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. Unfortunately, this game is developed by our Japanese branch. You will need to contact them for support. Here is the link you can reach them at: http://bnfaq.channel.or.jp/english/ . We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support"

I'm guessing the Japanese branch will give a similar reply, asking you to contact the English branch for information [hence, the circle repeats]. There has to be some reason they're not increasing our member box space. It could very well be what cw_sasuke predicted earlier in that limiting our space also impacts our ability to plan ahead for future content [since we have future knowledge that Japan doesn't have]. But then, why are they not doing the same in Dokkan Battle? Regardless, Namco Bandai are literally destroying any enjoyement I get out of this game and, if it continues, I can see myself taking a permanent break until they give us the space we've deserved for months now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I hate complaining in-general, but I'm just frustrated at the whole situation since I genuinely love Treasure Cruise. I just can't enjoy it like I used to, and Namco Bandai seems content to just cover their ears and pretend everything is okay.

I really do get your point man, but I honestly think you're just letting it get to you at this point. You know how sometimes you'll feel something in your shoe and, at first, it doesn't really bother you? But then, the more you get to thinking about it, the more it bothers you, until you finally just get to the point where it's all you can think about!

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's not something that I let diminish my enjoyment of the game. Maybe you really should take a break if it's bothering you that much...

chrono01

I really do get your point man, but I honestly think you're just letting it get to you at this point. You know how sometimes you'll feel something in your shoe and, at first, it doesn't really bother you? But then, the more you get to thinking about it, the more it bothers you, until you finally just get to the point where it's all you can think about!

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but it's not something that I let diminish my enjoyment of the game. Maybe you really should take a break if it's bothering you that much...
Yeah, it's probably not healthy to let something bother me so much.

I've been working through the new story content [and not the event islands], so I'm not really stressed with anything at the moment, since the only viable drops would be Crocodile or the occasional cotton candy. I still have a few more missions to go, so I think I might just continue doing this [and trying for Crocodile] and just forego the event islands completely. I want to skill-up Kaku, as well as gather Marco skillbooks, but the event island will return later on [hopefully when we have more member box space]. Until then, I'll busy myself elsewhere.

And yes, the pebble analogy is extremely fitting. In the beginning, the space issue didn't really bother me, but the longer it goes on [and the more I dwell on it], the more irritating it becomes. I'll try to relax and take things as they come.

I'm still a fan of Treasure Cruise, and don't ever see myself quitting [well, by choice anyway, if the servers are shut down there's not much I can do!]. I'm just a little frustrated at the space issue and venting them here. Apologies to you all for having to listen to it. -_-

I've been working through the new story content [and not the event islands], so I'm not really stressed with anything at the moment, since the only viable drops would be Crocodile or the occasional cotton candy. I still have a few more missions to go, so I think I might just continue doing this [and trying for Crocodile] and just forego the event islands completely. I want to skill-up Kaku, as well as gather Marco skillbooks, but the event island will return later on [hopefully when we have more member box space]. Until then, I'll busy myself elsewhere.

And yes, the pebble analogy is extremely fitting. In the beginning, the space issue didn't really bother me, but the longer it goes on [and the more I dwell on it], the more irritating it becomes. I'll try to relax and take things as they come.

I'm still a fan of Treasure Cruise, and don't ever see myself quitting [well, by choice anyway, if the servers are shut down there's not much I can do!]. I'm just a little frustrated at the space issue and venting them here. Apologies to you all for having to listen to it. -_-

Haha, I don't mind reading it, but I just don't want you stressing over something you have no control over! Enjoooooooooy

Did Bandai screw the pooch again and forget to give us half stamina Nanohana because I've been waiting for it to go half stamina so I can go through it and farm Croc but it hasn't happened yet. I'm going to assume this is the same case as practically every other story isle where they forgot to put it in.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Pretty good Turtle Time today. Finally got my Mihawk evolved (I was clearing 30-stam Lucci even without him evolved so it wasn't urgent), and I evolved MC while I was at it.

Put the rest of my turtles into my Zephyr team, making Garp my highest-lvl character. Goddamn he gobbles up Turtles, though - he's one of the chars that requires 5,000,000 to Max. It's crazy to dump in multiple Elder Turtles and still only get 1.5 levels even though he's only in the low 70s.

Question - are any of the story Chopper evolutions better than the others? Or at least useful in some specific niche? Brain point was the best, but it is redundant now. Arm Point and Guard Point seem like they might both be OK/useful, though?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Did Bandai screw the pooch again and forget to give us half stamina Nanohana because I've been waiting for it to go half stamina so I can go through it and farm Croc but it hasn't happened yet. I'm going to assume this is the same case as practically every other story isle where they forgot to put it in.

Forgot as usual. Also forgot 2x beli apparently too, if it's like before we'll get an apology gem. I really don't expect much though given the lack of box space expansion, etc.

Question - are any of the story Chopper evolutions better than the others? Or at least useful in some specific niche? Brain point was the best, but it is redundant now. Arm Point and Guard Point seem like they might both be OK/useful, though?

I kept Brain and Arm Point personally. Brain is easily outclassed by Broggy however and Arm Point I kept for utility, he may be useful/may not be - but that's the route I went. Guard Point is decent as well, but again, Smoker (providing you've been playing all the fortnights up to now) would be another better replacement.

The remaining Choppers I evolved for the character box if you do that and again personally I've got a Hearty Yell Chopper for Straw Hat nostalgia.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Arm Point I kept for utility, he may be useful/may not be

I dig Arm Point. At MAX special, he made Alvida Expert runs go very, very quickly. I've also been wondering if Arm Point + Golden Week is a viable replacement for Helmeppo against the Princess Turtle...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I dig Arm Point. At MAX special, he made Alvida Expert runs go very, very quickly. I've also been wondering if Arm Point + Golden Week is a viable replacement for Helmeppo against the Princess Turtle...

Ah! I never tried him during Alvida, but will keep that in mind and give it a go next time she's back. I figure it's always cool just to keep some of these mid-tier units around. I'm unsure about the Princess Turtle, I haven't looked that far ahead into the content.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn pelicansurf, 3 Crocs ? I need to get on board as well and get at least one Croc before Franky arrives.

Still at S.Lvl 1 with Kaku xD

I feel the same way, i like OPTC and if everything works out fine i should be playing it for a long time. I just know from the past that little annoyances in these mobile f2p can add over time and suddenly you dont care about a game anymore. Hope this doesnt happen with OPTC, then again not too long ago i really enjoyed Monster Striker but the ridiculous bad gacha and the amount of useless units killed most of my desire to invest in the game.

sasari

I've kept every named character I get and though I have some box space issues, I just use up manuals of characters I don't have that aren't farmable and turtles on any random character now. Why bother holding on to it when you may never get the character and holding on to turtles for double XP events... if it means it stops you getting more turtles then it's not worth it...

Same with keys now, I just hold on to the keys instead of heading to the isle, I usually don't have the small turtles for a few colours that I inevitably end up getting the pigs for.

Tidd

I've kept every named character I get and though I have some box space issues, I just use up manuals of characters I don't have that aren't farmable and turtles on any random character now. Why bother holding on to it when you may never get the character and holding on to turtles for double XP events... if it means it stops you getting more turtles then it's not worth it...

I should do this, too. <.< I save Marco and Jozu skill books even though I don't have them and maybe never will. But I know my luck, the moment I use them on other characters they will give us the box upgrade. :D

pelicansurf

I just got my first 2 stamina refill snails in a row... while at MAX stamina.

Thanks Treasure Cruise! Looks like the fancy rewards are now gone, by the looks of things.

I just died on Rob Lucci cause I was in discussion with someone and totally didn't pay attention to his hp -____-

Heheh, I have no clue why, but I was just randomly thinking about this while playing the other day.

"It's so funny how Neoriceisgood always makes a post, on every new Fortnight Island, about how he got distracted and lost 30 stamina."

And here we are again.

Heheh, I have no clue why, but I was just randomly thinking about this while playing the other day.

"It's so funny how Neoriceisgood always makes a post, on every new Fortnight Island, about how he got distracted and lost 30 stamina."

And here we are again.

I like playing this game while doing other stuff, which sometimes backfires really hard.

I need to ramble about it somewhere or I'll feel mad. >:c

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Tidd

Finally finished up my Franky Fortnight Island guide, so check it out!

Compared to the Rob Lucci guide, I put a lot more time into the actual content of this article. You'll actually find a decent amount of team options this time.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional teams, or other comments, just let me know!

Nice copypasta under the Kiwi and Mozu skill book section :D You used the exact same text (including names) for Gin and Ace.

Make the sacrifice for us all and use those skillbooks so we can get that box upgrade! /evil smile

I'm at a constant ~190 so I'm still good. Only need 10 more Kakus to get rid of them.

Nice copypasta under the Kiwi and Mozu skill book section :D You used the exact same text (including names) for Gin and Ace.

Ah crap! I really did redo those, but I've been working off of a couple different versions while at work and at home. The changes for those sections must have gotten reversed at some point.

Thanks for pointing it out! I'll fix them right now.

Edit: Fixed! Also replaced a few of the pictures with better versions.

Top Bottom