• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

still deciding if farming croco is worth the effort..is it any good ?

His impact form is a solid INT captain if you don't have Towel Nami or Vista. Also is much better at poison than Krieg (though I'm not sure if poison's ever particularly viable for anything besides low HP high DEF enemies). His slasher form is the best INT slasher you can get if you don't have Vista (also is a better slasher captain than Arlong, but we're all using Mihawk for that anyway). Both forms have solid stats and make good team members.

If you have Vista, or just a lot of INT heavy hitters already, then you can probably skip him. But whatever, it's Crocodile, I'm going to grind two of him out anyway (just as soon as I finally get Mr. 3 to drop).

Majukun

His impact form is a solid INT captain if you don't have Towel Nami or Vista. Also is much better at poison than Krieg (though I'm not sure if poison's ever particularly viable for anything besides low HP high DEF enemies). His slasher form is the best INT slasher you can get if you don't have Vista (also is a better slasher captain than Arlong, but we're all using Mihawk for that anyway). Both forms have solid stats and make good team members.

If you have Vista, or just a lot of INT heavy hitters already, then you can probably skip him. But whatever, it's Crocodile, I'm going to grind two of him out anyway (just as soon as I finally get Mr. 3 to drop).

oh he has 2 forms?

anyway i have vista ..so it seems like i don'0t immediately need him..but maybe I'll try anyway...even though I'm not really lucky with drops in this game..i have tried dozens and dozens of times but still haven't got a laboon...

EDIT:i still have 2 tries for tapping some gold chest if anyone is interested

RedBoot

oh he has 2 forms?

anyway i have vista ..so it seems like i don'0t immediately need him..but maybe I'll try anyway...even though I'm not really lucky with drops in this game..i have tried dozens and dozens of times but still haven't got a laboon...

EDIT:i still have 2 tries for tapping some gold chest if anyone is interested

Yup, two different evolutions (though the slasher one might not be available til the next story island? Not sure). He's a strong character, but he doesn't enable any specific strategies, so I guess he's more of a luxury grab.

chrono01

Anyone still have barrels to break [0/5 users]? I'm still 5/5 for this week and had a late start. :/

If you do, Postal Code - T5G 3A6.

Qmzn

Neo Member

Very informative. While I don't always 100% agree with your assessments, I like the way you're willing to stick your neck out and do some character commentary.

You might want to mention the Franky + Kiwi + Mozu 1.4x PSY attack tandem. It's probably not worth keeping Kiwi and Mozu around for, especially with the box space issue at the moment, but it is pretty amusing to see at least once.

It's a shame Hawkins's special manuals don't land until Brook, because he'd be great for that second turn of Franky.

I have 1 game left if there are any stragglers left out there.

I'm beginning to wish they had better stuff in the chests considering how much better stuff you can get from the den den mushi, which you get 5 a day and just have to tap on them as opposed to chests that you get 5 per week but have to coordinate around on a specific day of the week with multiple people. Keys are great but they're essentially worthless to me as I have 33 of them and don't have the inventory space to make use of any more pigs than I already have.

chrono01

And i got Cola. First time Ussop failed me on coffin boat too.

Can anyone put canon guy as a captain now? I'm out of box space, want to clear alvida's mission now and get rid of fodder.
Wow, first time to see Failure Usopp? You're incredibly lucky!

And sorry, I would, but I don't have the cannon guy. One of the new in-game units I didn't feel the need to keep around. :/

I still have two barrel breaks left, 0/5 users!

Oh, and I hate my luck. Kaku is sitting at 0 skill-up but Lucci has 3. :/

I wouldn't fret too much. If you're pairing Kaku with Hina, Hina's cooldown is more of a limitation than Kaku's since hers goes from 22 to 14 while Kaku's goes from 18 to 10 I think?

chrono01

I wouldn't fret too much. If you're pairing Kaku with Hina, Hina's cooldown is more of a limitation than Kaku's since hers goes from 22 to 14 while Kaku's goes from 18 to 10 I think?
My Hina is max-skilled though. :(

Yeah, if I could manage a few skill-up, to 14 at least, that's all I'd need. But I can't even get one! I'd hoard them for a skill-up event but...you know why I can't.

*flips table*

Copons

DAMN!
After what seemed like a thousands tries, I finally got my Coffin Ship!!

If you're having troubles and seem to be stuck, here's what I did.

This was my team:
cReyloP.png

Just stall to activate all specials during the first 11 rounds (don't sweat it, there's plenty of time).

BUGGY
Use a G3 special to clear the mobs, then play as usual.

KURO
Focus on Kuro first, try to kill him at the first round, but anyway, he doesn't hit that hard.

DON KRIEG
Start on the lower interval between Gin and Pearl, keeping in mind that you should kill the first one in the 4th attack leaving the right color for the next (ie. if you start with Pearl, kill him with Jozu at 4th attack and leave Mihawk to kill Gin in 1 hit).

ARLONG
Activate Alvida and focus on Arlong. If you can't kill him in 1 turn, try to leave him with ~30% health to avoid his special on the next turn.

BAROQUE
Activate Usopp and kill them following their intervals and stalling for food if needed and to recharge your specials.

SMOKER
Focus on Tashigi and try to kill her before Smoker's first attack.
If you manage to do that (I kinda never did), activate Jozu to bring Smoker's damage to 0; otherwise, use Alvida again.

RAINBOW DRAGON
Use another G3 special to clear the fodder and then cross your finger and bring the dragon down.

STRAW HATS
Mihawk special and Usopp again.
Then clear them following the default order.

MIHAWK
You should have Jozu or Alvida specials up again. Use one of them and hope to kill him in 2 turns.

All in all, a great island, I haven't had all this fun at OTPC for weeks now - basically since I'm powerful enough to clear anything without sweat, and yet my luck sucks, so I can't drop anything useful at all. EDIT: well, except for Rayleigh, but like none of my friends uses it, so he's kinda useless... :'(

chrono01

DAMN!

This was my team:
cReyloP.png

Just stall to activate all specials during the first 11 rounds (don't sweat it, there's plenty of time).

BUGGY
Use a G3 special to clear the mobs, then play as usual.

KURO
Focus on Kuro first, try to kill him at the first round, but anyway, he doesn't hit that hard.

DON KRIEG
Start on the lower interval between Gin and Pearl, keeping in mind that you should kill the first one in the 4th attack leaving the right color for the next (ie. if you start with Pearl, kill him with Jozu at 4th attack and leave Mihawk to kill Gin in 1 hit).

ARLONG
Activate Alvida and focus on Arlong. If you can't kill him in 1 turn, try to leave him with ~30% health to avoid his special on the next turn.

BAROQUE
Activate Usopp and kill them following their intervals and stalling for food if needed and to recharge your specials.

SMOKER
Focus on Tashigi and try to kill her before Smoker's first attack.
If you manage to do that (I kinda never did), activate Jozu to bring Smoker's damage to 0; otherwise, use Alvida again.

RAINBOW DRAGON
Use another G3 special to clear the fodder and then cross your finger and bring the dragon down.

STRAW HATS
Mihawk special and Usopp again.
Then clear them following the default order.

MIHAWK
You should have Jozu or Alvida specials up again. Use one of them and hope to kill him in 2 turns.

All in all, a great island, I haven't had all this fun at OTPC for weeks now - basically since I'm powerful enough to clear anything without sweat, and yet my luck sucks, so I can't drop anything useful at all. EDIT: well, except for Rayleigh, but like none of my friends uses it, so he's kinda useless... :'(
Congrats man! I still need to go after that Coffin Ship myself.

As for nobody using Rayleigh, if Namco Bandai gave me one I would.

*holds out hand*

No? That's what I thought. ;_;

Hana-Bi

DAMN!

This was my team:
cReyloP.png

Congrats. :) Need to try this out. Is your Mihawk max skilled? Mine is at skill level 1 so I don't know if I can clear the stage with this team.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So let's see, with
Koala and Hack
confirmed in JP Sugo, and Jinbei and Kuroobi already out, just need that Hody Jones to complete the karate death squad. :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is my INT team.

intteamsdq79.png

With the new event island, should I farm Buggy and then replace Bazooka Ensign with him?

Your INT team has come a long way...not too long ago you couldnt even fit Robin into your team xD

You should get a Buggy version just for the collection and if you need him later for a INT Slasher team - but otherwise i dont think he is worth the effort in exchange for Bazooka ensign. Especially if the Bazooka Marine is max skilled.

ElChado

Neo Member
Wow, korial how do you have so much cotton candy on your rayleigh already? I can only guess croc wont drop for you but lots of candy has during the croc grind.

Dawg

Your INT team has come a long way...not too long ago you couldnt even fit Robin into your team xD

Hahaha ;D Yes! Took me quite a while, but I'm glad with the final result. I'd be even happier with Rayleigh, though ;__;

Unfortunately, my INT team is about the only team that's really good. As seen below, my PSY, QCK and DEX teams are a bit... weaker ;p I don't even have a STR team!

Any advice is welcome!

Very informative. While I don't always 100% agree with your assessments, I like the way you're willing to stick your neck out and do some character commentary.

You might want to mention the Franky + Kiwi + Mozu 1.4x PSY attack tandem. It's probably not worth keeping Kiwi and Mozu around for, especially with the box space issue at the moment, but it is pretty amusing to see at least once.

It's a shame Hawkins's special manuals don't land until Brook, because he'd be great for that second turn of Franky.

And I actually always do appreciate your feedback, even if we don't see eye to eye, haha.

I'm actually considering adding something in that mentions the Kiwi/Mozu/Franky tandem now. I wasn't even aware it existed until you mentioned it. I'll see what I can do once I get this Zephyr guide finished up.

I'm actually considering adding something in that mentions the Kiwi/Mozu/Franky tandem now. I wasn't even aware it existed until you mentioned it. I'll see what I can do once I get this Zephyr guide finished up.
Speaking of Zephyr, it looks like we won't be getting him this month, since it would normally be the last thursday (tomorrow) and we haven't had any hype info released. Mayhaps they skipped it, in favor of surprise Mihawk return earlier, and will keep closer to the Japanese schedule; Zephyr coming at the same time as Kraken/Laboon isle (the end of August).

If so, then we may have time for another Isle update, meaning Bon Clay would be farmable. Here's to hoping! :D

ElChado

Neo Member
I'll put this here for you guys.

For first raid appearances we have kept very close with japan. As such here is a comparison list of every raid-except duval i forgot to include him.
Japan
  • Mihawk: 6 days before Morgan fortnight started
  • Chopper: 5 days after Coby fortnight started
  • Garp: 3 days after Tsuru fortnight started
  • Zephyr: 1 day after kraken fortnight started
  • Ivankov: 4 days before perona fortnight started
  • Doflamingo: 1 day after absalom fortnight started
  • Blackbeard: 3 days after duck squad fortnight started
  • Heracles: 7 days after crocodile prison fortnight started
  • Aokiji: same day afro luffy fortnight started
  • Enel: 3 days after roger pirates fortnight started
Global
  • Mihawk: 1 day after morgan fortnight started
  • Chopper: 2 days after coby fortnight started
  • Garp: 2 days after Tsuru fortnight started
  • Zephyr: kraken is estimated august 18-31st
  • Ivankov: perona is estimated to start september 15th
  • Doflamingo: Absalom is estimated to start september 29th
  • Blackbeard: duck squad is estimated to start november 24th
  • Heracles: crocodile prison is estimated to start December 22nd
  • Aokiji: afro luffy estimated to start February 2nd 2016
  • Enel: roger pirates estimated to start March 1st 2016

Speaking of Zephyr, it looks like we won't be getting him this month, since it would normally be the last thursday (tomorrow) and we haven't had any hype info released. Mayhaps they skipped it, in favor of surprise Mihawk return earlier, and will keep closer to the Japanese schedule; Zephyr coming at the same time as Kraken/Laboon isle (the end of August).

If so, then we may have time for another Isle update, meaning Bon Clay would be farmable. Here's to hoping! :D

I've already got Bon Clay, but I'm hoping Zephyr is delayed too, because my PSY units are definitely underleveled. Currently:

Garp - 83
Shanks - 69
Usopp V2 - 59
Bon Clay - 57
Coby - 70

Not really bad at all, but they definitely need to be higher. I haven't started on the damage calculation part of my guide yet, but I'm not even sure I could run him with these guys having all max levels. Especially since my Garp has no skill ups.

Oh well, if nothing else, I pulled a Lion Song Zoro during the last Sugofest, so that will come in handy.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I was messing around with JP version rerolls this morning on a rooted phone, in anticipation of Sugofest (GONNA GET THAT SABO), and I pulled REAL VOICE ACTION Usopp.

I hadn't seen the gacha "zomg you pulled a secret character, it rises from the mist" animation before. Thought my phone was lagging or glitching or something. He's... very noisy. His hat is crazy awesome, though. Might play around with him a little more before I commit him to oblivion, in favor of better things during Sugo. Hopefully I didn't just use up all my rare pull luck. :p

The quick reroll method is fascinating, at least to me. It wouldn't work so well if it wasn't for the fact that if you grab the sakura.db during the tap/download phase, the game saves in a weird-ass way that refunds everything consumed during the Makino XP/evolution tutorial, including the 5 free gems. The result is a corrupted save file that can safely pull rare gacha, but is otherwise dysfunctional until you recover from the server-side copy.

Seems like something Bamco could completely shut down with a check on their end, for any account issued a recovery password with Kid Luffy in the character box. Perhaps they should, but then again, it's just speeding up a process they already allow, and not having to re-download a 600+ MB file over and over saves bandwidth for better things. Still, surprising they haven't plugged the loophole yet.

I noticed most Android reroll tutorials copy the sakura.db file to external SD storage, then back to the app directory, without restoring the file's original permissions and ownership. Not sure how they get away with that--current OP:TC versions refuse to load the save if sakura.db isn't properly owned by the app. Storing the backup in internal Android storage instead of SD works by preventing any alterations, as does restoring values with chmod 600 and chown appid.appid from CLI.

Copons

Congrats. :) Need to try this out. Is your Mihawk max skilled? Mine is at skill level 1 so I don't know if I can clear the stage with this team.

Sorry for the late answer but I just got back from work
so yeah, I beat the training island this morning, super early, sitting on the toilet bowl, which is a pretty accurate depiction of what would be my very own real-life max level Going Merry

Aaaaanyway, my Mihawk's special is level 7 (26 turns), but you can stall a lot during the first 10 rounds and anyway, you should use it at round 19 (against the Straw Hats), so its level really doesn't matter at all.
I mean, it'd surely be nice to be able to use it twice, but still.

It's actually way more important to have Alvida's special well leveled, especially if you don't have Jozu as a backup for Smoker.

Majukun

can someone on my friend list put a cannoneer cabin boy as a friend captain?i need it for the alvida mission on one of my accounts

chrono01

I can't find Korial in my Friend List anymore, or on the GAF Google Doc. Did they change their name? I was curious as to how much cotton candy they had on their Rayleigh which is why I checked but I can no longer see him/her.

They probably removed me because I failed to pull a Rayleigh. I TRIED! ;_;

Hana-Bi

Sorry for the late answer but I just got back from work
so yeah, I beat the training island this morning, super early, sitting on the toilet bowl, which is a pretty accurate depiction of what would be my very own real-life max level Going Merry

Aaaaanyway, my Mihawk's special is level 7 (26 turns), but you can stall a lot during the first 10 rounds and anyway, you should use it at round 19 (against the Straw Hats), so its level really doesn't matter at all.
I mean, it'd surely be nice to be able to use it twice, but still.

It's actually way more important to have Alvida's special well leveled, especially if you don't have Jozu as a backup for Smoker.

Thanks. :) Will try it out tonight. :)

But Alvidas skill level is also at level 1. I gave up on her island because those drop rates were atrocious...

Top Bottom