• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

Sounds good.
Sorry, ready in about five minutes! Will update here when ready. >_<

Edit - Sorry again for the wait! Ready whenever, if you're still willing.

Edit #2 - It seems like you're no longer around, and I honestly don't blame you [took longer than I expected to be ready]. I'm heading out again, but I'll try again later.

Edit #3: SUGOFEST ANNOUNCED! August 25th [19:00 PST] - 26th [18:59 PST]. BOA HANCOCK!

Also:

Jimbe
Kuma
Gecko Moria
Kid
Bepo
Gear Third Luffy
Towel Nami
Lion Song Zoro
Nico Robin
Vivi [really?]

And what do you know, it does start just as the INT rate-up ends. Damn you, Namco Bandai. You could have given us an INT rate-up with Rayleigh. :/

Kyou

so are they just going to avoid doing sugofests during rate ups now because there's a chance we might actually get something good?

chrono01

HANCOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I know, I'm excited too. We'll probably get a PSY rate-up, since it doesn't correspond to any 6*. STR would mean rate-up for Whitebeard, INT for Rayleigh, and QCK for Boa Hancock. :(

so are they just going to avoid doing sugofests during rate ups now because there's a chance we might actually get something good?
For a while, probably. I know, in Japan, they have rate-up for units that apply to Sugofest exclusives, but that's probably because they literally can't avoid it otherwise since they have exclusives that match all of the different types. You can see it's intentional, though. The second a 6* is added to Sugofest, we no longer get a rate-up that applies to that specific one. It's a shame, since I really want more INT units but can never get a rate-up with Sugofest, since they obviously ccan't give everyone their "free" Rayleigh [he'll still be hell to pull for]. :/

So yes, I'm guessing PSY rate-up for this one [since the last Sugofest was DEX]. Enjoy your Vivi and Impact Usopp, everyone!

Also, I'm available once again [if anyone wants to barrel break]. I'll be here for another hour or so.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally got a decent enough p-lvl to start considering team comp.

What should I be aiming for now as far as teams or farmable characters?

i4LlSk1.jpg

I have a lot of slashers so I think I should farm Arlong?
Kid seems to be a potent striker lead with WB. But mostly I keep falling back on Ray + Ray friend with rainbow units.

Advise me!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I know, I'm excited too. We'll probably get a PSY rate-up, since it doesn't correspond to any 6*. STR would mean rate-up for Whitebeard, INT for Rayleigh, and QCK for Boa Hancock. :(

For a while, probably. I know, in Japan, they have rate-up for units that apply to Sugofest exclusives, but that's probably because they literally can't avoid it otherwise since they have exclusives that match all of the different types. You can see it's intentional, though. The second a 6* is added to Sugofest, we no longer get a rate-up that applies to that specific one. It's a shame, since I really want more INT units but can never get a rate-up with Sugofest, since they obviously ccan't give everyone their "free" Rayleigh [he'll still be hell to pull for]. :/

So yes, I'm guessing PSY rate-up for this one [since the last Sugofest was DEX]. Enjoy your Vivi and Impact Usopp, everyone!

Also, I'm available once again [if anyone wants to barrel break]. I'll be here for another hour or so.
It's not a STR up? Thought the lv 20 thing indicated that, guess not.

chrono01

Finally got a decent enough p-lvl to start considering team comp.

What should I be aiming for now as far as teams or farmable characters?

I have a lot of slashers so I think I should farm along?
Kid seems to be a potent striker lead with WB. But mostly I keep falling back on Ray + Ray friend with rainbow units.

Advise me!
You have Whitebeard and Rayleigh, you've already won!

No, but seriously, you can beat pretty much 99% of the content with a Rayleigh team, with units strong against the type you're facing. If you get bored, you could start a Slasher team [since, as you said, you have a lot of them already], in which case you should definitely grab Mihawk when he comes around again. You could try for Arlong, but it's better to wait for his Event Island since he drops there so much more easily than his story missions.

It's not a STR up? Thought the lv 20 thing indicated that, guess not.
Oh, I didn't catch that. In that case, it might very well be! That'd be nice for me, since I still need Whitebeard/Kid, although if I get my third G3 Luffy I might cry. Also, Bepo. Please no Bepo.

bzzt

Neo Member
HAMMMMMOCK?

On the last sugofest, last time I thought that pulling Rayleigh is impossible and I'd be happy getting Law and Apoo. I got them, and wonder if I should've asked for more. So, change of strategy this time. I would love to luck into Rayleigh and Hammock, this Sugoifest.

I have 30 fruits and I'd really love to go for a Mirage Nami (evolved stupidly) and Robin, but rate ups tend to be BS far too often >_<.

Edit: I looked at the announcement list.
I'll do 7 pulls and get Whitebeard, Rayleigh, Boa, Kuma, Jimbe, Impact Usopp and Robin! I CAN FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL EEEEEEEEEEEEET~!
It's not gonna happen ;__;. I'll get 6 Bepos and another Vivi.

RedBoot

I like that it's a STR up. Double boosts for Kuma, Kid, Bepo, and G3 (and WB, for what that's worth). That's a handful of solid units…and Bepo.

Hopefully I can pull something. Or maybe I'll just get 3 Arm Point Choppers. :p

Tidd

I will only pull if we get more box space!!
once I see all the awesome pulls you guys post I will pull, I'm weak ;__;

Majukun

oh come on, the Sugofest starts the moment the int rate up event finishes.. That's just evil
any gold chest that wants to tap?

I missed my 2nd turtle time because I forgot to set the alarm on my phone. T_T

Yesterday I thought I could use my Alvida skill books to free up space for turtles since I only needed 2 more skill ups. 14 books. No skill ups. I just wanted to get off the crappy XP from farming Alvida for books.

Q7o1nNN.gif

I'm okay with a STR up sugofest though. I could use a Kidd and Blamenco.

oh come on, the Sugofest starts the moment the int rate up event finishes.. That's just evil
any gold chest that wants to tap?

Are you still tapping with your 2nd account because I only got your main before GAF went down? Also if you're still around, chrono, and need to tap I'm good to go.

Spinx

Just give me a gear third and I'll be a happy camper.
please-us.gif

I didn't reroll properly and it's been haunting me ever since. I need him to move on. heh

Majukun

I missed my 2nd turtle time because I forgot to set the alarm on my phone. T_T

Yesterday I thought I could use my Alvida skill books to free up space for turtles since I only needed 2 more skill ups. 14 books. No skill ups. I just wanted to get off the crappy XP from farming Alvida for books.

Q7o1nNN.gif

I'm okay with a STR up sugofest though. I could use a Kidd and Blamenco.

Are you still tapping with your 2nd account because I only got your main before GAF went down? Also if you're still around, chrono, and need to tap I'm good to go.
I'm not using that account anymore, but the game is still there, so. if you need another tapping we can do it

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh Hancock? After nearly 200 days I'm ready for you.... I need her.

Nah to be honest I'm happy that QCK will finally get a boost with Jinbei and Hancock arriving. Should be fun.

Zephyr Strategy Guide Is Finally Completed!!!!

That took a whole lot longer than it should have. Geez. I've got a feeling that my Ivankof guide isn't going to be anywhere near as in-depth. Now, Doffy on the other hand...
That's a sweet ass guide, thanks for the effort man. Zephyr will be am important unit and finally introduce Shooter team meta to the Global version.

Iva won't be as important since she/he is just a good unit, no game changer.

Looks like I will be able to use a Marco team, even though my Garp is one skill away for max slvl.

cw_sasuke

from the look of it, I don't have a single complete team for Z of the ones suggested... I'm screwed?
Yes, unless you are willing to stone for it.

Though considering how long you have been playing it's tough to imagine that you don't have any of the units suggested to make a somehow solid team for him. Outside of Marco or Shanks all units are farmables and/or have substitutes.

Majukun

Yes, unless you are willing to stone for it.

Though considering how long you have been playing it's tough to imagine that you don't have any of the units suggested to make a somehow solid team for him. Outside of Marco or Shanks all units are farmables and/or have substitutes.
problem is the high level/skill level required more than the units by themselves...

about the farming part.. the last guy I was able to farm successfully was arlong back in the first month of the game.. no Luck since then

Edit:the third gift this day is the evo set for Crocodile? because I don't need it and I wanna avoid losing other storage space
Three free gems today to start the Alubarna event! But the island isn't available yet...?
have to wait 19 h for that

Eeep! I didn't realize that they were already giving away the 5 evolvers for Croc. Beware of opening the top mail until you have him ready to evolve.

Now my box space is even more crowded. :(
Pls give us a suprise box increase Bamco!

Sugoi festival with Boa Hancock? RIP all of Chrono's rainbow gems lol, I hope you get lucky and it doesn't take the piss for you to get her XD

And finally waited so long for 2x success rate for powering up I have so many skill books taking up my space X'D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Oh god. That's next week. Boa and the Shichibukai.

I'm getting a little hyped up.

My wish list:
1. Whitebeard
2. Boa
3. Kid
4. All of the Shichibukai

Nothing too nuts.

RedBoot

There's quite a bit of content coming in the next two weeks, actually. Just to review:

Tonight:
-Kraken event starts. Particularly important for Whitebeard owners.
-Alubarna's release. There's a 2x drop rate event for the first few days, so it's a good time to farm Crocodile, Mr. 1 (strong STR Slasher, might be useful for some Dofy strats) and Miss Doublefinger (DEX booster, might be useful for Ivankov)
-Alvida event continues for anyone farming those skill books

Then, next Tuesday:
-Sugofest!
-Kuro event returns. Time for Usopp farming.
-Skill up event starts, conveniently alongside Usopp farming week.

Gonna have to plan out what I'm going to do, and when I want to use gems for stamina (while saving some for the sugofest). My main goals are getting two Crocs, Mr.1, and boosting Usopp's special as much as possible (I actually have one level with him already, so I'll only need four more).

cw_sasuke

problem is the high level/skill level required more than the units by themselves...

about the farming part.. the last guy I was able to farm successfully was arlong back in the first month of the game.. no Luck since then

You still have time to level your units i also have to focus a bit on leveling since i missed a bunch of Turtle days the last couple of weeks.

There is no Cooldown requirement for the suggested Garp teams.
Sugoi festival with Boa Hancock? RIP all of Chrono's rainbow gems lol, I hope you get lucky and it doesn't take the piss for you to get her XD

And finally waited so long for 2x success rate for powering up I have so many skill books taking up my space X'D

chrono wont be able to pull with his full box...so will no one else lol.
Oh god. That's next week. Boa and the Shichibukai.

I'm getting a little hyped up.

And Zephyr probably not too soon after....time to get excited again for new content.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Hey guys I heard you were running out of box space, SO WE SENT YOU SOME FREE RARE EVOLVERS YOU MIGHT NEED LATER FOR CROCODILE OR WHATEVER.

Love, Bamco

RedBoot

I feel like tonight is the most likely time we'd see a box space increase, but maybe that's just me being hopeful/naive/oblivious.

I'm going to be doing a lot of farming over the next two weeks. I'd hate to have to clear out my box between each run. I actually dedicated yesterday's turtle time to finally getting Monster Chopper evolved, purely so that I'd clear 5 evolution materials out of my box (which were promptly replaced by the free Croc evo mats this morning).

I knew I should have gotten an extra Croc when I had the chance

Alubarna should be an equally good opportunity. Apparently Croc has a chance of dropping twice in the final level, and the zone's drop rate will be boosted over the next few days.

linkent

Hey guys I heard you were running out of box space, SO WE SENT YOU SOME FREE RARE EVOLVERS YOU MIGHT NEED LATER FOR CROCODILE OR WHATEVER.

Love, Bamco
I am sure the people who did the English version are laughing at everyone right now.

Also just realise that all 3 new Recruits are all slasher.
Thats why slasher team could stay so long in the meta till now in japan version.
Too many choice of character + good team leader.

I don't think I'll be pulling this Sugofest. I'll wait for the next one (Whitebeard 2?) so I'll have more gems and a larger pool of characters to pull from. In fact, I'll probably just skip every other Sugofest from now on.

Also, I'm ready to max skill my Whitebeard (lol).

StMeph

Also, I'm ready to max skill my Whitebeard (lol).

If you wait for a 2x Skill event, the success rate seems to be about 30%, so you'll want about 3.5 books per skill up. With 8 ranks to go, that should mean, on average, about 28 books. Shooting for 35-40 should be enough to do it.

bzzt

Neo Member
Whitebeard books have a 6% drop rate according to gamewith. Compare this to Marco's 25% drop rate and prepare yourself for the pain. So, for every 100 runs(3000 stamina) you get 6 books on average. To get thirty books, you need an average of 500 runs(15000 stamina). You naturally recover 144 stamina a day. Sigh...

Also, RIP F2P WBs. Warning, fuzzy
probably wrong
math ahead.
90 stamina=3 runs. 50 gems is 150 guaranteed runs + level ups. Each run is 5500 exp. I am currently at 161, so I need 80k for 162, and 90k for 171, so average of 85k for fuzzy maths. That's 4 gems plus the 3 for each level up stamina refill. So I'll level up about 12 times for another 48 runs. 50 gems. for 198 runs, for 12 skill books. :cries:

On another note, this is the first fortnight isle to have pigs.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Sadly, that book drop rate is really poor. If you can manage holding onto the books, maybe just wait for the skill up... granted box space issues...

Hopefully you've made a decent amount of beli with your farming though.

I feel like tonight is the most likely time we'd see a box space increase, but maybe that's just me being hopeful/naive/oblivious.

Alubarna should be an equally good opportunity. Apparently Croc has a chance of dropping twice in the final level, and the zone's drop rate will be boosted over the next few days.

I jumped back on the hope train for the box expansion, maybe this week? Maybe during the Sugo update? Because realistically, some players cannot pull freely.

That being said, the one thing that comes to mind was when the devs announced they were going on vacation and said they were listening to our comments. I know I've sent my fair share of box upgrade requests/complaints. If they're wise they'll do like dokkan and give us +300.

I'm probably aiming to farm doublefinger, mr.1 and a second croc myself tonight. I'd prefer to get that out of the way sooner.

----

Also good luck to anyone farming WB books, if I manage to pull the old man next week I'll join in on the chaos.

RedBoot

Also just realise that all 3 new Recruits are all slasher.
Thats why slasher team could stay so long in the meta till now in japan version.
Too many choice of character + good team leader.

I think Kohza would actually be useful for slasher teams. Pell and Chaka probably wouldn't make it over other characters (poor Chaka, he's really got nothing going on. Decent stats, but STR already offers high-stat characters like Arlong and Morgan for free).

But yeah, Slasher is strong, and both of its captains (Mihawk and Dofy) are raid bosses, so they're easier to get. All the other types have at least one rare recruit as a vital cog.

Plus, poor Fighters/Brawlers…they're really underpowered compared to the other three right now. Hopefully they'll get a ship and a new captain or two soon.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Even if the WB books have a 6% drop rate, it's based on luck where that occurs within your runs. However if that percentage is true and say you need 60 books on the safe side? That's 1,000 expert runs.

A serious commitment to a sheer amount of runs will be needed and that all falls within your own pace, gems willing to be spent, box space, etc. Then also factoring in, will you pull next week? What about an incoming raid event for Zephyr, or even a surprise raid event with MC.

StMeph

Seriously speaking, the event will return. So any farming can be completed later.

But the game sells stones based on our need for everything maxed out right now, and so we have this dilemma.

cw_sasuke

Seriously speaking, the event will return. So any farming can be completed later.

But the game sells stones based on our need for everything maxed out right now, and so we have this dilemma.

Well max skilling a unit asap means that you can use the full potential for every other events the next couple months. Raid Bosses are way easier with max skilled units - the difference is quite big just look at Mihawk.

I dont have WB so it doesnt affect me but if one unit was worth the effort its probably WB. Having a WB squad with 2 max skilled WB and Mihawk would be nuts and you could take out most bosses in 1-2 turns.

Looking forward to the Sugofest though....hope i can get Boa or Robin.

chrono01

I spent a lot of gems and failed to get Rayleigh, the same will likely apply here. :(

Well, at least in theory. I might not even be able to pull because...

chrono wont be able to pull with his full box...so will no one else lol.
He knows! Well, I'll be able to pull a bit, since I'll be able to free up a few slots thanks to the skill-up event, but we desperately need a box space increase. :/

Love, Bamco
So that's what that was? I'm at 200/200, so I was unable to open that mail. I'm just going to let it sit there then, until I can either use it or space is no longer an issue.

what if they raise the cap to 500 and give everyone a free 50 slots for being patient

what if
If only!

Edit: Wait, the skill-up event starts NEXT week!? I thought it was tonight.

Well damn. I guess I'm taking a week long break since I'm at 200/200 and nothing to sell. I'll clear the new story content tonight and then just log in daily for my gems. Maybe farm XP or something?

Qmzn

Neo Member
Hot damn, I just dropped 5 character dupes into Montblanc Noland, and got four skill ups, and two healing ability orbs. That's just about as good as it gets. :D

Top Bottom